The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

Jimmy Buffett, ‘Margaritaville’ Singer, Dies at 76

Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett, whose laid-back, good-humored, often tropically-themed brand of country-laced pop spawned a lucrative one-man business empire, died Friday. He was 76. A cause of death was not immediately released.

R.I.P.  Mr. Jimmy!

On 8/27/2023 at 12:30 AM, steelpanther24 said:

but I think something is lost from having shared experiences because of limits on entertainment options back then.

We have a plethora of choices about so many aspects of our lives thanks to ever evolving tech. But the net let's us find people to share so many things with as well. There's not one person in my tiny, small-minded town to talk to about so many subjects- pc gaming being #1.

So sharing is still there and perhaps more so than ever. It's the physical interactions that we experience less and less of... and that, I do miss somewhat. Telling for a long time isolationist to say that btw. :classic_wink:

Edited by KoolHndLuke

Saying goodbye to my nexus premium after nearly 10 years.

I don't want to start a fight or cause any arguments. Just feeling a bit sad at finally making the decision to stop supporting them in view of their open bias for censorship of specific mods. Admins who consistently remove freedom of choice mandate their users exposure to certain politics that are effectively unavoidable and immune to open criticism. This has happened several times for several games. All I can do is take my tiny amount of money somewhere else.

So I will change from lurking on Nexus to lurking on here a bit more. I just wanted to say I love this site, all the degenerates on here, and I have always quietly appreciated that you can find all kinds of madness here from hard-working geniuses on both sides of any fence.

Feels like there aren't many places like this left anymore.

On 9/10/2023 at 11:34 AM, matt179 said:

I don't want to start a fight or cause any arguments. Just feeling a bit sad at finally making the decision to stop supporting them in view of their open bias for censorship of specific mods. Admins who consistently remove freedom of choice mandate their users exposure to certain politics that are effectively unavoidable and immune to open criticism. This has happened several times for several games. All I can do is take my tiny amount of money somewhere else.

So I will change from lurking on Nexus to lurking on here a bit more. I just wanted to say I love this site, all the degenerates on here, and I have always quietly appreciated that you can find all kinds of madness here from hard-working geniuses on both sides of any fence.

I think LL is still "small" (in terms of active participants) that it remains welcoming to all.  

• 2 weeks later...

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. is a television program that ran for three and a half seasons on NBC from September 22, 1964 to January 15, 1968. The show has an international espionage theme, focusing on a government organization called U.N.C.L.E. that battles an evil organization called THRUSH. The organization was not limited to one country. The top agents seen in the show were American spy Napoleon Solo, his partner the Soviet spy Illya Kuryakin, and their British boss Alexander Waverly.

Man_From_UNCLE_TV_Slider.webp              R.I.P. David McCallum

Edited by Sir Bron
On 9/10/2023 at 10:34 AM, matt179 said:

Full support with you. Nexusmods.com site staff have consistently deleted legitimate mods from public view simply because the individual moderator didn't personally like the content. They have demonstrated shockingly unprofessional and amateur behavior, and the site needs to be taken down in favor of another professional mod hosting site.

Edited by anonymous515
2 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

Full support with you. Nexusmods.com site staff have consistently deleted legitimate mods from public view simply because the individual moderator didn't personally like the content. They have demonstrated shockingly unprofessional and amateur behavior, and the site needs to be taken down in favor of another professional mod hosting site.

Yeah, I agree with you. Or the aforementioned staff need to be fired and replaced with professionals who are capable of restraining their biases, and/or the site needs entirely new leadership. We have to consider that, even if the top didn't approve of the takedown of various legit mods, it was allowed to happen under him nonetheless. 

5 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

2 hours ago, Jyratx said:

Yeah, I agree with you. Or the aforementioned staff need to be fired and replaced with professionals who are capable of restraining their biases, and/or the site needs entirely new leadership. We have to consider that, even if the top didn't approve of the takedown of various legit mods, it was allowed to happen under him nonetheless. 

Against my better judgement I am leaving these comments up here. That being said any further comments along this line are not appropriate for this Thread and I will take them down.