The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

8 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Heh... this thread sometimes feels like a countdown to something.... not a good something either, lol. :classic_tongue:

I've been reading this thread from the beginning, and I must say you're absolutely right. It does feel like that. I don't for certain what that something is, nor what you or anyone else might have in mind; but it does have a certain ominous feel to it. Can't help but be aware of it. 

This is as good a place as any to say goodbye. I'm leaving the modding community for good to focus on other things in my life.

As a farewell gift, I made this video. My final performance, so to speak.??

Spoiler

Edited by DeadJester226

RIP

The corpse of Shani Louk, a German woman, kidnapped and killed by Hamas fighters, was paraded naked through the streets of Israel by the Palestinian militants group.

German Woman's Corpse Paraded Naked Through Israel Streets, Spat On By Hamas Militants, Disturbing Video Shows: WATCH

55 minutes ago, DeadJester226 said:

This is as good a place as any to say goodbye. I'm leaving the modding community for good to focus on other things in my life.

As a farewell gift, I made this video.

Reveal hidden contents

25 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

f2e6008d6c41a23156666e8ef6aca63a.gif

WTF.......... Respectfully...this thread is for actual Dead People

Jester, you ain't dead, besides you'll be back.

My suggestion is take a wellness break and then just moderate your own usage vs life stuff.

5 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

@Sir Bron, how 'bout you read the thread title a bit more carefully?

The R.I.P. Thread - Saying Goodbye to Whatever

Point Taken.   I will bow out.  :cool:

I guarantee she'll be back.

Edited by Sir Bron
5 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

WTF.......... Respectfully...this thread is for actual Dead People

Jester, you ain't dead, besides you'll be back.

My suggestion is take a wellness break and then just moderate your own usage vs life stuff.

This isn't about wellness. This is about me actually wanting to move on from modding.

Also, the title of the thread says "saying goodbye to whatever".

I won't be coming back. This is it. The end of the road for me. Last time, it was my gfs that told me I needed to step away from modding due to serious stress problems I was dealing with. This time, I made the decision myself. I want to devote my time to things that I find most important to me.

I'm going to finish my last playthrough of modded Skyrim SE, then I'm going to delete it and move on to other games. I bought Prototype, so that's where I'll start. It's a really fun game and the story seems very interesting.

6 minutes ago, DeadJester226 said:

This isn't about wellness. This is about me actually wanting to move on from modding.

Also, the title of the thread says "saying goodbye to whatever".

I won't be coming back. This is it. The end of the road for me. Last time, it was my gfs that told me I needed to step away from modding due to serious stress problems I was dealing with. This time, I made the decision myself. I want to devote my time to things that I find most important to me.

I'm going to finish my last playthrough of modded Skyrim SE, then I'm going to delete it and move on to other games. I bought Prototype, so that's where I'll start. It's a really fun game and the story seems very interesting.

That Is Wellness, doing something for yourself, to make changes, to be moving to a more positive Atmosphere is the Quintessential Wellness program!

I meant no disrespect, I wished you well in your other post and Wish you Well here and Now. 

You don't have to play Skyrim or mod to come here from time to time and say Hello you know. Updates on Smithing projects, or whatever.

Peace to You and Yours.  SB

Edited by Sir Bron
3 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

That Is Wellness, doing something for yourself, to make changes, to be moving to a more positive Atmosphere is the Quintessential Wellness program!

I meant no disrespect, I wished you well in your other post and Wish you Well here and Now. 

You don't have to play Skyrim or mod to come here from time to time and say Hello you know. Updates on Smithing projects, or whatever.

Peace to You and Yours.  SB

If I stay, I'll want to continue modding. It's just how I am.

I know that you meant no disrespect, and none was taken.

8 hours ago, Wight Zombi said:

I saw uncensored footage of that on a certain website.  Pretty sad.  Legs aren't supposed to bend that way, either.  As long as humanity exists, there will never be any world peace.

While there is tragedy enough elsewhere, at least this seems to be a glimmer of hope, if only for a little while.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/shani-louk-is-still-alive-mother-reveals/ar-AA1hZ9kT

Said goodbye to my 32-inch monitor this lunchtime. Technicolour death throes accompanied by a chorus of Windows' driver sounds then just blackness. Oo-eck.

Didn't know know if it was my monitor or GPU so swapped out to an old 4GB card but still the same. No spare monitor as I gave my previous one to my nephew.

But wait, there is an old 14-incher tucked away. Went to use that but the 4GB card doesn't have a VGA connection. FFS.

But wait again, I have an even older 2GB card lying around and it has a VGA connection. Bingo.

Now viewing the virtual world through a 14-inch monitor. It's like looking at a letter box.

Edit: This monitor has a "Works with Vista" sticker which gives an idea of its vintage. Its display is 1400 x 900 which I have never seen before.

This monitor originally belonged to my step-dad. He was moving his PC but didn't know how to remove the monitor cable so was carrying them both when he caught his foot on some furniture and launched them. ? The PC didn't survive.

Edited by Grey Cloud