The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

45 minutes ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Wow.  Europe started to ban those in 2009, only allowing old/remaining stock to be sold anymore. By 2012, all incandescent light bulbs were completely gone.

Well as with most things here in the good ole USA, someone didn't want their Profits to disappear so they involved the Political...(Censored)...... and that's why it has taken soooo long to get to this point!

Randy Meisner died last Wednesday, he was in the Bands,

Eagles

Poco

Rick Nelson & the Stone Canyon Band

The Poor

Meisner, Swan & Rich

Black Tie

Drivin' Dynamics

World Classic Rockers

Meisner, who died of heart disease on Wednesday at age 77, joined Buffalo Springfield in the spring of 1968, when the band’s country-rock hybrid was the toast of L.A., but almost immediately left with Richie Furay to start Poco, and played on their celebrated first album. Meisner also toured and recorded with Rick Nelson in his impressive Stone Canyon Band. He’d had more success than his Eagles mates Don Henley, Glenn Frey and Bernie Leadon, and Marc Eliot, in his book “To the Limit: The Untold Story of the Eagles,” wrote that Frey “felt privileged to be able to play with” Meisner.

Edited by Sir Bron

RIP my main harddrive. That thing has got nearly 30 years worth of content I've collected, including a lot of personally made stuff (thankfully I kept all of my previous harddrives that didn't go bad).

Its not completely busted, but too corrupted to repair or clone. I was already setting up a new desktop, but now I have to go through the huge pain in the ass of manually copying over anything I want to keep on to my new harddrive (and all of Windows 10 lovely issues when trying copy large numbers of files at once).

Windows just gets slower and slower.  More garbage, spyware for Bill Gates completely eating up all available resources.  Recently Steam announced they no longer support Windows 7, IMO the best gaming platform Window's ever made.  Having installed windows 10, I'm sickened at the bloated POS it is.  Even in gaming mode , all anti viral , malware, real time, protections turned off, it hogs 35% of system ram. That man is a criminal, Windows is nothing more than his spy tool, the OS sucks but his "monopoly" prevents any real OS from competing.  If this is any indication of what AI is going to do,, what a huge step backwards.  We are nothing but  cattle for the greedy.  Windows 7 destroys windows 10 on game performance, hands down, but somehow, that POS has forced Fallout 4 and Steam, another POS to impact my life is a negative way.  He is not a net positive, monopolies, patents, capitalist drive for cash destroys progress in exchange for profit.  Yeah, I'm mad bro.  Windows is the shittiest platform in existence, not even governments will use it. But somehow us "cattle" are forced to.

9 minutes ago, Daangerousda said:

Windows just gets slower and slower.  More garbage, spyware for Bill Gates completely eating up all available resources.  Recently Steam announced they no longer support Windows 7, IMO the best gaming platform Window's ever made.  Having installed windows 10, I'm sickened at the bloated POS it is.  Even in gaming mode , all anti viral , malware, real time, protections turned off, it hogs 35% of system ram. That man is a criminal, Windows is nothing more than his spy tool, the OS sucks but his "monopoly" prevents any real OS from competing.  If this is any indication of what AI is going to do,, what a huge step backwards.  We are nothing but  cattle for the greedy.  Windows 7 destroys windows 10 on game performance, hands down, but somehow, that POS has forced Fallout 4 and Steam, another POS to impact my life is a negative way.  He is not a net positive, monopolies, patents, capitalist drive for cash destroys progress in exchange for profit.  Yeah, I'm mad bro.  Windows is the shittiest platform in existence, not even governments will use it. But somehow us "cattle" are forced to.

PS, not sure how Steam gets away with destroying my game, but if there is a way to eliminate steam from fallout 4, please, let me know, this is criminal.  If I made items I sold completely unusable I'd be sued into deters prison.  These huge companies do what they want, no accountability at all.

Edited by Daangerousda
mispelling
On 8/6/2023 at 10:07 PM, Daangerousda said:

The issue is that, Win 11 wont run on really old PC either.

Win 10 support has basically ended and in about 2 years probably have to make the jump to that.

So essentially if you have to have access to something like Steam, forced to upgrade PC.

4 hours ago, Wight Zombi said:

Damn, not another one....

Bob Barker from The Price is Right!?  I grew up watching him during mornings I stayed home from school.  When Drew Carey took over, it just wasn't the same.  Rest in peace.

I think that is a standard part of every kid from the 70s and 80s, when staying home from school.   I like the variety of entertainment available these days, but I think something is lost from having shared experiences because of limits on entertainment options back then.