The R.I.P. Thread- Saying Goodbye to Whatever

I have to put my poor 10 yr old kitty down. The vet thinks she has lymphoma because she has a mass on the left side of her brain, it's making her blind, and it's disintegrating a small bone between the nose and skull and is making her congested. I don't know when I'm going to put her down, but it has to be soon. I don't want her to suffer from pain anymore.

Spoiler

IMG_3749.thumb.JPG.ca05b324b75e3a7ac41161b7448a12e7.JPG

On 10/4/2021 at 9:40 AM, ExtraGlade said:

I have to put my poor 10 yr old kitty down. The vet thinks she has lymphoma because she has a mass on the left side of her brain, it's making her blind, and it's disintegrating a small bone between the nose and skull and is making her congested. I don't know when I'm going to put her down, but it has to be soon. I don't want her to suffer from pain anymore.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_3749.thumb.JPG.ca05b324b75e3a7ac41161b7448a12e7.JPG

I am sorry to hear that.    Never easy having to make a decision like that, especially for ones that ask so little of us in return. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2021 at 2:31 AM, cosworth said:

Just listening to his Me And Bobby McGee from 1970, gives me the blues and makes me want to return to where I never can return to even more.

As Kellogg said in FO4 "It's only looking back, in comparison with what comes after that you really understand that's what happiness felt like"

15 hours ago, lotus.angel said:

Wow, it's hard to say "like", but I have to say your post touched me, more than I can express....

Kind of you to say. Likewise, a simple thumbs up is a poor expression of my response to your sentiment.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

Then do not do that?

You will not benefit from updated mods, but there is an alternative to just waiting around for conversions:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618?tab=description

Well, that solves that little problem. :classic_biggrin:

Note that there are still bugs and the author is trying to iron them out.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
On 11/15/2021 at 10:36 AM, dagobaking said:

Rest In Peace Skyrim SE modders whose very lives were taken by AE and its constant mod breaking updates.

;)

If only there was the technology to invent A Month Later.

Shame, we'll never know what happened.

A couple of things. My dog. He passed away yesterday. My Oncologist, as my insurance has dropped her, found that out yesterday as well. And because the phantom pain has barely triggered anymore, I think I can finally say farewell to my right testicle, as it was removed due to becoming a cancerous growth that infected my lymph nodes from my abdomen and almost made it to my lungs. 

4 hours ago, Azzhat said:

A couple of things. My dog. He passed away yesterday. My Oncologist, as my insurance has dropped her, found that out yesterday as well. And because the phantom pain has barely triggered anymore, I think I can finally say farewell to my right testicle, as it was removed due to becoming a cancerous growth that infected my lymph nodes from my abdomen and almost made it to my lungs. 

*Ouch* !!

It still hurts to know she's not here anymore, but at least she's not in pain anymore. I keep thinking of her last day over and over again. She didn't want to be to be weighed and she jumped off of the counter it was on, and landed right on her head. I was just in shock of what was going to happen that I didn't move to help her up, my brother did. And I just feel so bad, that I can't stop thinking about it.

It's been over a month now. This is her ashes and my sister made a make-shift alter for her. Fly high my beautiful white fluffy baby/menace/terror. You will always be in my heart as my first born, even if you were cat. 

Spoiler

Lily.jpg.15880d3fc27b507fdacde0a4e5375c19.jpgLily1.jpg.16820cdebd6fa2c8d184339538c6be94.jpg

10 hours ago, Azzhat said:

The value of unconditional love is known to most pet owners, you have my sympathy.  and as a man, you have my sympathy twice over......ouch indeed.  I suppose that is why we are blessed with two.

4 hours ago, ExtraGlade said:

It still hurts to know she's not here anymore, but at least she's not in pain anymore. I keep thinking of her last day over and over again. She didn't want to be to be weighed and she jumped off of the counter it was on, and landed right on her head. I was just in shock of what was going to happen that I didn't move to help her up, my brother did. And I just feel so bad, that I can't stop thinking about it.

It's been over a month now. This is her ashes and my sister made a make-shift alter for her. Fly high my beautiful white fluffy baby/menace/terror. You will always be in my heart as my first born, even if you were cat. 

Reveal hidden contents

Lily.jpg.15880d3fc27b507fdacde0a4e5375c19.jpgLily1.jpg.16820cdebd6fa2c8d184339538c6be94.jpg

That is sad, my wife has said that our first cat, his ashes, will go in her coffin.   For now he stays on our mantel.    I don't think we will feel as much for our pets as we did for JC (short for Just Cat).

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Grimnir OneEye said:

RIP to my old, main LL account.

Since the last time I logged in to upload files (apparently around 2017), LL has changed their login service to require the email - and I cannot for the life of me find or remember what email I used to create that account. ?

If you contact Ashal on Discord (known there as eevee) she can help you restore your old account. Otherwise, welcome back to LL!

Goodbye to my old circa 2013 hard drive that was holding me back! Just got a new SSD as an early Christmas present & installed it today. So far so good on basic stuff. Just got done re-installing mods and about to fire up SKSE for the first time on the new drive. Wish me luck that the mods all behave appropriately!

37 minutes ago, Whydoessheloveme said:

Goodbye to my old circa 2013 hard drive that was holding me back! Just got a new SSD as an early Christmas present & installed it today. So far so good on basic stuff. Just got done re-installing mods and about to fire up SKSE for the first time on the new drive. Wish me luck that the mods all behave appropriately!

I kept my old drive and used the SSD as the primary drive for the OS.    Someone once told me that the old habit of shutting down every night was harder on SSDs than the older hard drives as well.   I am not that into the hardware anymore (my degree is ancient, 1999) so I haven't seen anything that disproves this theory, so something to consider. 

1 hour ago, steelpanther24 said:

I kept my old drive and used the SSD as the primary drive for the OS.    Someone once told me that the old habit of shutting down every night was harder on SSDs than the older hard drives as well.   I am not that into the hardware anymore (my degree is ancient, 1999) so I haven't seen anything that disproves this theory, so something to consider. 

Had an old 60GB SSD from when they first came out, and it still works and I shut down every night and have done so since my first IBM PS/1 486. So, something to consider.