Jump to content
Reginald_001

Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Well you can't blame them really since most modding communities - if you still want to call them that, that is - have been waving their collective wallet around. Meaning there's cash to be made, it's just money that Bethesda isn't making. It's like throwing a big fat steak into a lion's face and expecting them not to eat it.

And logic would have told you that was inevitable given the way most people are. Good thing most mod authors still support the cathedral philosophy.

Link to post

It's one thing for people not associated with the company to ask for money. They aren't getting paid for their work. But for the company that did make it to charge more money for mods? And mods that are horribly simplistic, limited, and overpriced? It's completely ludicrous.

 

Then again, Bugthesda did go after a guy who tried to sell his sealed copy of FO4 on Amazon because he labeled it as "new" last month. They don't seem to realize--or care--what sort of bad press they get. I'm really hoping folks vote with their wallets and boycott them for a while. But then I look at the orange freak in the White House and realize that 'Muricans are too lazy to vote in any way, shape, or form.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It's one thing for people not associated with the company to ask for money. They aren't getting paid for their work. But for the company that did make it to charge more money for mods? And mods that are horribly simplistic, limited, and overpriced? It's completely ludicrous.

 

Then again, Bugthesda did go after a guy who tried to sell his sealed copy of FO4 on Amazon because he labeled it as "new" last month. They don't seem to realize--or care--what sort of bad press they get. I'm really hoping folks vote with their wallets and boycott them for a while. But then I look at the orange freak in the White House and realize that 'Muricans are too lazy to vote in any way, shape, or form.

Not all of us, those of us who do vote with our wallets are just snuffed out cause there are more ppl who dont care or dont do research. But there are those that do vote with our wallet, Hawaii tried to pass a bill to make in game gambling illegal but failed due to there being lots of corrupt politicians which right now there are too many. When EA is involved they just bribe American politicians with loads of money cause well they have a lot of it. I do understand your statement and respect it cause it definetly seems that way but if we keep pounding the message to Americans then the small group will become large and we can then have a voice. Dont give up on us Americans yet just keep informing ppl of the Heresy of slooty boxes and pubictransactions and we can change things. Dont stop believing Ernest Lemmingway.

Link to post
4 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

It's one thing for people not associated with the company to ask for money. They aren't getting paid for their work. But for the company that did make it to charge more money for mods? And mods that are horribly simplistic, limited, and overpriced? It's completely ludicrous.

 

Then again, Bugthesda did go after a guy who tried to sell his sealed copy of FO4 on Amazon because he labeled it as "new" last month. They don't seem to realize--or care--what sort of bad press they get. I'm really hoping folks vote with their wallets and boycott them for a while. But then I look at the orange freak in the White House and realize that 'Muricans are too lazy to vote in any way, shape, or form.

 

I think CC is mostly an idiot trap anyhow.  Not a serious attempt to replace real mods - the stuff on there is still low-effort garbage for the most part; which is exactly what I would expect.  I have no actual information to base this on, but it seems to me that creating a fantastic mod requires a lot of creativity, dedication, and a wish to see people use it.  When you hide it behind a paywall people aren't going to give you (the modder) what you really want, which is accolades and recognition of your talent/creativity and the satisfaction of knowing that people enjoyed your work - like any artist will tell you.

 

I think beth knows all this and CC is just an attempt to cash-in not an attempt to circumvent or replace the current paradigm.  ( I think any monetized attempt to replace the current paradigm is doomed to fail or result in a Pyrrhic victory anyway).  

 

I'm usually a cynic and not optimistic about much, but I do think even if FO76 has no private servers and/or no mods or unpaid mods that it won't necessarily represent how a new Elder Scrolls or (actual) Fallout game will be structured. CC simply cannot replace free mods, as much as it would like to, and as much as beth probably has a massive, dripping hardon at the fantasy of it, fact is that free mods drive sales to bananas levels, and paid mods don't.   If the modding scene dies beth will lose millions, maybe many many millions (I bought skyrim only because I saw the mods, and I'm sure many others did too) .  My hunch is free modding is still where it's at and where it will be and where beth needs it to be, and I think they know it.

 

And if not, there's plenty of smaller developers that would be thrilled to have a bunch of modders come and bolster their sales.  Bannerlord looks pretty promising.

Link to post
5 hours ago, shencereys said:

there's plenty of smaller developers that would be thrilled to have a bunch of modders come and bolster their sales.  Bannerlord looks pretty promising.

There seems to be many new indie devs making some great quality mods and some games. Just gotta dig to find them since they can't afford massive ad campaigns. Finding another Skyrim to mod like crazy is not easy and "settling" for something as a sub is not very appealing.

Link to post

Hey there!

So, with Fallout 76 coming closer to release, I was thinking about something:

 

Do you think, Bethesda will allow or even actively support modding Fallout 76? Will there maybe exist private servers where the owner can set up a mod list for all? Maybe will it even be possible (as per P2P or sth) to spread your mods installed on client side to the world and server?

 

And, especially interesting for this community: are there any plans for one or more LL themed servers? Maybe split by fetishes or language, so you may choose by your taste?

 

To the mods: if this topic is wrong here, please put it in the right forum, thanks ;)

Link to post
2 hours ago, Mister X said:

Hey there!

So, with Fallout 76 coming closer to release, I was thinking about something:

 

Do you think, Bethesda will allow or even actively support modding Fallout 76? Will there maybe exist private servers where the owner can set up a mod list for all? Maybe will it even be possible (as per P2P or sth) to spread your mods installed on client side to the world and server?

 

And, especially interesting for this community: are there any plans for one or more LL themed servers? Maybe split by fetishes or language, so you may choose by your taste?

 

To the mods: if this topic is wrong here, please put it in the right forum, thanks ;)

They already announced modding will be available for post launch private servers. But since the game is online, I highly doubt it will allow for lewd mods from here even if you can play in a private server by yourself. Plus the jury's still out on whether the mods allowed initially will be Nexus friendly or only CC (if its the latter, then this game can succ a fat one >.>)

Link to post

Oh, I didn't see that announcement! OK then, so it's more a topic about how mods and servers will get distributed.

If it will be like most MMOs and Bethesda keeps all the server backend to their own, just selling client programs, then it will be quite hard to install mods that Bethesda doesn't like, even on private servers.

If they give us the possibility to host own servers (eg like Garrys Mod), that will be another topic, though sadly I highly doubt that.

 

Well, hopefully Bethesda will be quite generous when it comes to the administration of private servers, but their latest attempts for mods don't give much hope ...

Link to post
9 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

In november 2019 is Bethesda's estimate on when private servers and modding will come.

Or "if" private servers will happen. I don't trust Bugthesda enough to take anything they or their minions say at face value.

 

Then there's the ambiguous definition of what they mean by "mods." They could easily mean server-side mods that have to be pre-approved by them, for example.

Link to post

Yes, I'm afraid the "mods" will be creation club  only.

I'm sorry for the developers, but it would be better for the game to fail. The success of this game would open a precedent, a "green-card" to let Bethesda force always online , and even more microtransactions, not only in Fallout but also Elder Scrolls games.

Link to post
On 10/11/2018 at 4:03 PM, Chosen Clue said:

In november 2019 is Bethesda's estimate on when private servers and modding will come.

 

 

Private Servers * maybe *, if so then only Beth's house own servers, has already been confirmed several times!
and thus full control about use mods, and when using not kosher mods then they pull the plug! ?

 

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bbc779c4956344636

Link to post
On 10/12/2018 at 2:29 AM, Kargrin said:

Yes, I'm afraid the "mods" will be creation club only.

It's just speculation so far, but Gopher made a fairly good point (in my opinion at least) about FO76 potential modding. There is an interesting thought (at 11:50) about the creation club. And well, honestly, we can only wait and see... 

 

 

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, DFSL said:

From the playthrough videos is clear Fallout 76 is just a plain upgrade of Fallout 4 that could have been released as a plain DLC for the older game. I bet 90% of the assets are recycled.

100% sure!
did you think that Beth completely new develop this game?
They are incompetent, see Skyrim, how many versions, I can not count her anymore! ?
why for almost 8 years no new Elder Scroll, only on pressure of the fan community, Beth has decided to make a new Elder Scroll.
I wonder why not before?
because they lack the good developers, I only know, as Morrowind published and Beth with Zenimax entered into a merger, all Morrowind developers have Beht leave.

Link to post
11 minutes ago, winny257 said:

They are incompetent, see Skyrim, how many versions, I can not count her anymore! ?

Don´t forget:

In every version, you can find the same errors, left from the first start!

They have NO LONGER corrected any bugs since V1.9 from 2013!

Although they could have fixed some for PS4, Xbox One and Switch after that!

 

So the latest version for switch still has bugs, known since 2013!!!

 

?

Link to post
1 hour ago, SirDuke said:

Don´t forget:

In every version, you can find the same errors, left from the first start!

They have NO LONGER corrected any bugs since V1.9 from 2013!

Although they could have fixed some for PS4, Xbox One and Switch after that!

 

So the latest version for switch still has bugs, known since 2013!!!

 

?

Shit, thereto I have thought not at all!
So I was right *Beth. is incapable* and I think it will not change anymore.
Do you know what I me wishes? That Beth falls so really on the snout!
Look Ubisoft, the Assassin games are getting better and better, not even a year's development, and the next one has appeared.
I think I'm changing the company. ?

Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...