Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

10 hours ago, Subboyty said:

well I have experienced loverslab with conan exiles and they give me confidence in bringing sex mods to fallout 76, I think I am just optimistic and hoping on it.

Conan Exiles is run by Funcom, a company that isn't as (openly) hostile to adult modding as Bugthesda. Plus Conan Exiles is rated M; FO76 is gunning for a T-rating and Bugthesda is notoriously anal about doing everything it can to ensure it gets that "family friendly" rating.

35 minutes ago, SirDuke said:

The USA protects its children very well!

Choose-One-Kinder-UEberraschungsei.jpg

To be fair, kids don't try to eat assault rifles, and teaching them how to use and respect them at an early age makes them much more likely not to misuse them. A kid won't dig into their parents' gun cabinets and play with a handgun if there's no air of mystery and excitement attached to them, which is dispelled if they're taken to a gun range and shown how to properly handle and care for a gun.

And they got around the kinder eggs ban by separating the toy inside and the chocolate. It's only the ones that have the plastic capsule inside that are banned. Which you know... makes sense. I'd rather not have to worry about a big hunk of inedible plastic inside my candy when it can just as easily be included outside the candy. I have no personal experience with kinder eggs, banned or legal, though, so maybe I'm missing part of the appeal.

14 hours ago, winny257 said:

that's no problem in America. :classic_wink:

kids_guns2.jpg

that already ?

Reveal hidden contents

gypsy-800x540.jpgGettyImages-160488757-e1503597287892-118

Look at how those kids are holding the guns though. They're supporting the weight well, their fingers are NOT on the triggers, unlike the girl in the "keep guns from kids!" ad. Those girls have been taught how to respect and handle those weapons, I'd wager. I do agree that the anti-nudity laws and censorship in the US are pretty dumb, though.  But a small vocal minority tends to get their way more than a larger complacent majority. 

/devil's advocate

On that note, getting back to the main topic, we've been getting some inconsistent answers on the whole "anti-griefing" subject. Sometimes they're saying there are going to be measures in place to prevent or disincentive someone from continuously killing and harassing the same people... in other interviews they're saying you totally could run into that. I assume it'll be possible, just not much more incentive to it than being a dick for the sake of being a dick... possibly building up a bounty or something if you regularly kill other players. 

I'm really curious to see how mods ultimately get handled. I could see them implementing the most popular mods into official features maybe... and leaving the rest as being "private server only" stuff. But whether those private servers will allow for any kind of mod or just ones that are safe to host on bethesda's site is the question. I can't bring myself to pre-order the game, but I will be paying attention to gameplay footage and reviews of the beta-testing, in deciding whether to get the game when it launches. Really on the fence about this one. ? 

I just hope we can mod textures and meshes for ourselves, only visual mods should be doable also on normal servers. I need at least sexy body, armor and clothing replacers and new weapon skins. I don't really need any sex mods in Fallout 76. I got Skyrim for that. :D 

If it's possible that we see our game ourselves like we modded it and everybody else see us vanilla would be the best solution. But i really gonna miss the console commands in this game. :(  It will also suck that we can't fast forward time because everybody will play at the same ingame time/weather etc.

I still preordered the standard version for 40 Euro pretty cheap in keyshops. But im not sure if i get Beta access. :( 

1 hour ago, Mexicola88 said:

I just hope we can mod textures and meshes for ourselves, only visual mods should be doable also on normal servers.

Visual mods seem to be the absolute limit with multiplayer online games. Even then, given the small server sizes, I'm half-sure that Bugthesda will perform random file audits to make sure everyone is only using what they approve of. Cynicism is increasingly a virtue these days.

And, of course, I expect loot boxes and other microtransactions to be sneaked in somehow. Whether it's just cosmetic crap like SWTOR or pay-to-win stuff I'm not so sure.

On 7/15/2018 at 1:26 AM, Destynova99 said:

And they got around the kinder eggs ban by separating the toy inside and the chocolate. It's only the ones that have the plastic capsule inside that are banned. Which you know... makes sense. I'd rather not have to worry about a big hunk of inedible plastic inside my candy when it can just as easily be included outside the candy. I have no personal experience with kinder eggs, banned or legal, though, so maybe I'm missing part of the appeal.

the plastic capsule is far, far too big to be eaten, and your not supposed to just bite into the egg the vary second you unwrap it.

i wonder if they still make the cars with the flywheels?.....good times....good times....

According to this month's Game Informer, the release date is set at Nov. 14, 2018. I trust GI as much as I trust most people and things--which isn't much--but eh. Something for folks to chew on. Any bets on whether or not the game is actually finished by then and ready for prime time?

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

According to this month's Game Informer, the release date is set at Nov. 14, 2018. I trust GI as much as I trust most people and things--which isn't much--but eh. Something for folks to chew on. Any bets on whether or not the game is actually finished by then and ready for prime time?

Online only games are never finished so this new market environment should be a natural fit for BGS.

23 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Even then, given the small server sizes, I'm half-sure that Bugthesda will perform random file audits to make sure everyone is only using what they approve of.

It depends on the actual file size and whatever anti-cheat utilities Bethesda uses; File auditing is pretty intensive, you can't really do a full check of every file regularly at runtime.  I think most anti-cheats only check all files at the first launch event or when the files are initialised into memory then only a specific few files after that are most likely to cause issues or be hacked for cheating purposes.  

Since they want to actually allow modding I think the client-side files will probably be a bit more permissive than most MMOs specifically, especially since PvP seems to be a mostly optional component from what I understand so far. 

22 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Doing a file audit when a program is running isn't necessary if the platform that runs the game is still connected to the company's servers. I had forgotten about cheating attempts, though, but what I was referring to was them--and other companies--likely attempting to ban users who use texture modifications. Bugthesda has been so anal about controlling content (read: mods) since FO4 that I wouldn't put it past them to try and run regular audits. Especially since client-side modding is supposed to be limited to private servers, which may not happen despite what Howard and Hines say. Given their record, people shouldn't believe it until they see it.

Just as a side remark. I find it pretty funny that people say Bathesda is 'anal' about modding their games, while in fact 99% of the games that are released by other companies actively block modding or mod content by simply making it completely impossible to mod their game. ;)

They are one of the few game companies that do allow modding their game where others just don't even give a crap, in fact they are one of the few companies actually releasing editors for their games. ?

3 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Just as a side remark. I find it pretty funny that people say Bathesda is 'anal' about modding their games, while in fact 99% of the games that are released by other companies actively block modding or mod content by simply making it completely impossible to mod their game. ;)

They are one of the few game companies that do allow modding their game where others just don't even give a crap, in fact they are one of the few companies actually releasing editors for their games. ?

Yeah waiting to see all the Beth bashers whine when Beth is brought out by Sony or someone and the following ElderScrolls/Fallouts have zero modding support :P

They gave us almost total support for modding for thirteen years, then do a 90 degree turn into partial support for free mods and fully supported paid mods. I wouldn't mind them getting bought out by a company that doesn't allow modding. At least that way there would be no ambiguity.

EDIT: For thirteen years they gave us fully-functioning modding tools for their games and let us do what we wanted. Then they let greed get the better of them and try to monetize modding, only ever releasing a beta version the of modding tools and interfering with efforts by modders with updates that break third-party tools. As well, their efforts to bring mods to consoles has mostly just highlighted the technical and legal limitations of such an effort and caused a great deal of console players to switch to PC to get real mods. Which pretty much undermines the whole effort of paid mods.

Now they're making an MO game where user side mods will only be usable on private servers. They've also made it impossible for players to choose which server they'll play on and PvP will be universal; you can't opt out of it. They're already getting a lot of flack from would-be players over both.

It really seems like they're stacking the deck to force people to use paid mods. I'm just calling it how I see it. If I'm seeing it wrong, then I'm wrong. In fact, I hope I'm wrong.

On 7/15/2018 at 10:26 AM, Destynova99 said:

I am with these eggs grown old and I'm not aware that one can swallow this yellow capsule.
more dangerous is this toy in it, It consists of many very small parts, which one can easily to swallow!
So it is completely useless to separate chocolate and capsule, the danger is in the capsule. :classic_wink:

This capsule can not be swallowed, unless one are an elephant. ?

4 hours ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Yer know how you solve kids wi' guns?

An' kids choking on kinder eggs?

We need to ban childeren!!

Yer can't shoot up school's an' kids if'n there are no kids.

image.png

everything one can put in your mouth (also food), one can choke on that, this applies not only for children. :classic_wink:

and there are thousands of examples where a child with a weapon a another person has killed.

I do not want to upload a picture \ Video material to avoid trouble!

8 hours ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

Yer know how you solve kids wi' guns?

An' kids choking on kinder eggs?

We need to ban childeren!!

Yer can't shoot up school's an' kids if'n there are no kids.

image.png

Halving population growth isn't a stupid idea really, people need to lose this compulsion to make copies of themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived