Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

6 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

Just read on dutch news that there will be no steam release. Only playable through bathesda app... couldnt find an english link cause Im on mobile.

Thats it. No Fo76 for me.

also here in Germany and exactly that, what I already said!
and I also said, I doubt that there will be private servers.

Fallout 76: No release on Steam - requires Launcher Bethesda.net!

http://www.buffed.de/Fallout-76-Spiel-61712/News/nicht-auf-Steam-1262305/

https://www.windowscentral.com/fallout-76-wont-launch-steam

that's the end of Bethesda's Modding Era (Private) :classic_wink:

No steam release? Oooh, that means... (as Marcus Kincaid from Borderlands would say) "Two words, my friends: NO REFUNDS"
...also no review bombing if Beth fucks up hard and/or F76 turns out to be a huge flaming pile of shit.

Geez, it's almost like they think people don't have enough reasons NOT to buy this game. 

-So won't be able to get mods on nexus or steam workshop or anywhere else but Bethesda themselves
-no steam
-paid mods
-probably be FULL of microtransaction on top of paid mods
-online only
-survival clone in the way of fortnite
-no refunds (except despite Bethesda saying no refunds, its a legal requirement in EU and AU which overrides Bethesda if someone lives in either of those two. Steam tried already to avoid refunds Bethesda, you lose so go waste money on lawyers)

Anything else I'm missing?

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

You forgot two things.

-No choice of what server you play on

-No opting out of PvP; everyone will be vulnerable

It really does feel like they're doing everything they can think of to convince people not to play. Which begs the question of why?

Because its aimed at Fortnight players not Fallout Players? :P

'sigh' guys in my opinion we all knew this day would come. Skyrim is the last and anything we see after is gonna be more and more like EA. "takes off hat, bows head". time to bury beth in a shallow grave, and move on. Fallout is dead, Elderscrolls is dead, Starfield is already dead, and now what remains of my already dead heart. I am just going to wait for cyberpunk, and Neverlord to come out.

when the people, that what Bethesda is doing now, to put up with it and further buy their crappy games.
then Beth becomes always do so on, they go by no means a step back.
Bethesda has licked blood and as long as there are many people the their games Buy, Todd Howard can sit back in the armchair! :classic_wink:

michael_jackson_hand_move_TOO_BIG.gif

Spoiler

1hrwa1jul6k01.jpg

well to start off with, i love all the creators here at LL and nexus. you all do great work, and spend alot of time making us great mods.

But i have major issues.

when i heard fallout 76 was comeing out and only available  on steam with xbox players and maybe playstation  players  that play the game  game  useing  there computer  were resticted to  to  the creator wed site. Bethesda.. at first i was a little upset. but thought. thats great. with my past expeiance with steam. even though i bought skyrim fallout new vegas, and fallout 4 at walmart and have hard disk. but play on stream. since box says you must have a steam acount.

Dont get me wrong, i have no beef with stream.  i have other games from them. just seems even with loading OUR  GAMES. even following your directive of how to install game. and useing nexus mod mangement.  seem kind of funny to me. i can add our mods in a vinilla setting and all works well even with nexus. but once you add adult context things get screwy. even following listed detail of how to install. works wonders off line. but once you go online. shit hits the fan. theres no updates for mod you installed. once you looked over our site for notices, and used   the mod mangement to check for updates.. still steam thows a shitfit over OUR MODS.

now dont get me wrong, im a computer player hardcore.... but hearing the word. fallout 76 only on steam but not us. your limeting your true base.  and stream though everyome loves it. hell i do my self to a point. But seem like steam and   Bethesda. even though its created as modable expessionall though a royal shit fit when modders with  Bethesda permission to mod there game. how ever you like. regular or as our group does make it more enjoyable adult... seems steam hates it and  Bethesda. though the game is moddable

why i stated im happy to see this. make fallout 76 only for steam players.... then marked make 76 only acessable to there web site.

leaves our dedicated   mod creator to us. since stream from day one i believe hated us, able to mod game to our likeing and enjoyment... not going under what steam wanted vanilla mods. and  Bethesda with there wanting there game played ONLY IN A VILLAINA 

So i clap my hands to  Bethesda make as you put it us pc users only download from your site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bugthesda should be careful about alienating its fans. The video game industry is one of the most volatile and fortunes can change quickly. And with online games there's a lot that can go horribly wrong. Online survival games also don't appeal to the core fan base that has supported them for years now. Why are they doing this? And why are they stubbornly refusing to even consider making the minor changes that folks are all over them about?

I'm inclined to think one of two things. Either they've grown so arrogant that they think they can tell us what we want, or they can't afford to make the changes fans want.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:06 AM, Outlast1 said:

'sigh' guys in my opinion we all knew this day would come. Skyrim is the last and anything we see after is gonna be more and more like EA. "takes off hat, bows head". time to bury beth in a shallow grave, and move on. Fallout is dead, Elderscrolls is dead, Starfield is already dead, and now what remains of my already dead heart. I am just going to wait for cyberpunk, and Neverlord to come out.

you do not have to wait that long, also this game is more than recommendable. :classic_wink:

20 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

I'm inclined to think one of two things. Either they've grown so arrogant that they think they can tell us what we want, or they can't afford to make the changes fans want.

Used to be that they played safe, and overcompensated on critcism. But what they are doing now makes no sense. Or maybe it's just honest greed. Skyrim was such big success that they immediatley went full EA?

Regardless, worship the Todd, peasants ?

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-mod-lets-you-worship-statues-of-todd-howard/

45 minutes ago, ToJKa said:

Used to be that they played safe, and overcompensated on critcism. But what they are doing now makes no sense. Or maybe it's just honest greed. Skyrim was such big success that they immediatley went full EA?

Regardless, worship the Todd, peasants ?

https://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-mod-lets-you-worship-statues-of-todd-howard/

Would be best accompanied by a mod that adds a flock of rad-pigeons that will shit all over that statue. ?

On 8/9/2018 at 1:50 AM, winny257 said:

you do not have to wait that long, also this game is more than recommendable. :classic_wink:

I played the first Metro that came my opinion of it is not very good, in my opinion that story was really shaky. I just never got into it as much as others. Ill keep an eye on it for sure but I wont be to hyped till I see some play through. thanks for the recommend though.

46 minutes ago, Outlast1 said:

I played the first Metro that came my opinion of it is not very good, in my opinion that story was really shaky. I just never got into it as much as others. Ill keep an eye on it for sure but I wont be to hyped till I see some play through. thanks for the recommend though.

I essentially liked to play it, that only thing that bothered me, was the linear gameplay, no freedom of movement.
but in Metro Exodus it's different, an open, free world. :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, Outlast1 said:

Interesting, close to Fallout, but not quite there with character customisation and NPC interaction and no mod kit either I guess.

Next up coming ONLY through creation crap: The Elder Scrolls 6, Fallout 5 and every future games and mods...

Control how people get their games,  control paid mods, control profits, control their consumers...

You shouldn't be surprised by now...ever since Beth announced Creation Crap... This will happen...and it already is happening... 

56 minutes ago, Halstrom said:

Yeah and then gets brought by Sony who shelve Fallout, Starfield and Elder Scrolls completely to make their offerings more profitable...

I mean, I'd rather see the franchise dead and closed than grossly defiled even further. Look at what happened with Mass Effect. The franchise is dead, just like it would be if they had stopped at ME3 (maybe even more), but we also had to go through that abomination called Andromeda that was the last nail on the coffin. Wouldn't want the same to happen to ES or Fallout. But that's just me.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

I mean, I'd rather see the franchise dead and closed than grossly defiled even further. Look at what happened with Mass Effect. The franchise is dead, just like it would be if they had stopped at ME3 (maybe even more), but we also had to go through that abomination called Andromeda that was the last nail on the coffin. Wouldn't want the same to happen to ES or Fallout. But that's just me.

Mass Effect? Nah, not dead yet as long as Casey Hudson is still in Bioware...but it might take a while before the next ME arrives.  Command & Conquer though... EA killed it with C&C 4 an then defiled its corpse with C&C Rivals...
A. FUCKING. MOBILE. GAME. ?

3 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Yeah and then gets brought by Sony who just shelve Fallout, Starfield and Elder Scrolls completely to make their offerings more profitable...

that is worst case scenario,  i think it would give Bethesda a message to quit fucking around with EA like Behavior , in a perfect world  it would light a torch under Howard's Ass to make the Next Fallout or Elder Scrolls Greater than ever before, Or  Even get Zennimax to  give the fallout IP back to Obsidian.

54 minutes ago, Midnight19 said:

that is worst case scenario,  i think it would give Bethesda a message to quit fucking around with EA like Behavior , in a perfect world  it would light a torch under Howard's Ass to make the Next Fallout or Elder Scrolls Greater than ever before, Or  Even get Zennimax to  give the fallout IP back to Obsidian.

Doubt it though.  Between Quake, Dishonored, Wolfenstien, and ESOs rolling out expansions and keeping people interested and the apparent agreements with MS and Sony?  They're probably financially set for quite a while.  On top of the absolute oodles of fucking cash they made with Skyrim(and it's 3 releases), they'd have to be using 10kg/day and $70k/hookers every night for the entire staff to blow through it that quickly.  The most conservative estimate across their entire title stream, hardware R&D and buyouts probably puts them over the $3B in assets.

If you start hearing rumors like what happened with Bioware about 2yrs before they were bought out by EA.  Those rumors of the CEO, heads of the divisions and dept's not showing up to work, letting things slag off, and not keeping an eye on teams?  Yeah.  Not hearing that through anyone I know.

12 hours ago, Halstrom said:

Interesting, close to Fallout, but not quite there with character customisation and NPC interaction and no mod kit either I guess.

Where? ?
Fallout 76 = where NPCs = where Mods, these are dreams like soap bubbles, which burst very quickly.
furthermore, crappy graphics, crappy animations, interactions, my guess, after release *not playable by hundreds of bugs*!

So, never compare Metro Exodus with Fallout 76, even Metro 2033 was significantly better than any fallout game. :classic_wink:

Archived