Fallout 76 announcement? (Bethesda Live Stream)

Reginald_001

31 minutes ago, Mashi said:

Doubt it though.  Between Quake, Dishonored, Wolfenstien, and ESOs rolling out expansions and keeping people interested and the apparent agreements with MS and Sony?  They're probably financially set for quite a while.  On top of the absolute oodles of fucking cash they made with Skyrim(and it's 3 releases), they'd have to be using 10kg/day and $70k/hookers every night for the entire staff to blow through it that quickly.  The most conservative estimate across their entire title stream, hardware R&D and buyouts probably puts them over the $3B in assets.

If you start hearing rumors like what happened with Bioware about 2yrs before they were bought out by EA.  Those rumors of the CEO, heads of the divisions and dept's not showing up to work, letting things slag off, and not keeping an eye on teams?  Yeah.  Not hearing that through anyone I know.

I know Bethesda is loaded with cash another person mentioned sony buying them out if they lost 100 million dollars. But with their current money reserves a  100 million dollars would not shut them down or get them sold off. It might make Pete Hines and Todd Howard wait a month or two before being able to buy the new 2019 Ferrari gold deluxe edition or some other absurd rich people thing. I just want Bethesda to stop with the EA levels of Douchebaggary and to produce Good games without any gimmicks like creation club or Bethesda.net and I think the only thing that could stop them form ruining everything that makes their games special or their community great is FO76 Bombing.

Bethesda is  like a person who started to do cocaine, at 1st they are doing harmless but stupid things (bethesdanet) then more harmful things (creation club) but now they are on the verge of ODing (becoming a new EA) and the only thing that might be able to save them is a stint in rehab ( losing a large amount of money because of fallout 76

19 minutes ago, winny257 said:

Where? ?
Fallout 76 = where NPCs = where Mods, these are dreams like soap bubbles, which burst very quickly.
furthermore, crappy graphics, crappy animations, interactions, my guess, after release *not playable by hundreds of bugs*!

So, never compare Metro Exodus with Fallout 76, even Metro 2033 was significantly better than any fallout game. :classic_wink:

Sorry was talking previous Fallouts not 76 which no one has tried yet anyway :P
I'll compare it with whatever I like, you're not the internetz supreme leader, get over it :P

35 minutes ago, Mashi said:

If you start hearing rumors like what happened with Bioware about 2yrs before they were bought out by EA.  Those rumors of the CEO, heads of the divisions and dept's not showing up to work, letting things slag off, and not keeping an eye on teams?  Yeah.  Not hearing that through anyone I know.

you have addressed a very important point!
BioWare has always developed good games, first when they were taken over by EA, came the bad games *Dragon Age 2, MEA, etc.
exactly the same with Beth, Morrowind was a milestone, then came Zenimax, all Morrowind developers have left Beth.
Oblivion was not worth talking about, that same for Skyrim, I'm talking about the Vanilla Games!
first Modding made these games big, Bethesda owes its success to the good modders!
What if Zenimax, Bethesda purport a new path, because Zenimax has the decision-making power of Beth. :classic_wink:

1 minute ago, winny257 said:

you have addressed a very important point!
BioWare has always developed good games, first when they were taken over by EA, came the bad games *Dragon Age 2, MEA, etc.
exactly the same with Beth, Morrowind was a milestone, then came Zenimax, all Morrowind developers have left Beth.
Oblivion was not worth talking about, that same for Skyrim, I'm talking about the Vanilla Games!
first Modding made these games big, Bethesda owes its success to the good modders!
What if Zenimax, Bethesda purport a new path, because Zenimax has the decision-making power of Beth. :classic_wink:

Zenimax is the major problem, but if Bethesda was not owned by them would they quite the EA style Shit or would their games be better?

I woud not be  aggravated at Bethesda if Todd Howard or Pete Hines just came out and said "our corporate overlords at zenimax  are forcing us to do this *insert greedy or stupid thing * we are sorry but our hands are tied"  but no they have to claim it's "innovation" and that It "benefits" the player. 

27 minutes ago, Midnight_19 said:

I woud not be  aggravated at Bethesda if Todd Howard or Pete Hines just came out and said "our corporate overlords at zenimax  are forcing us to do this *insert greedy or stupid thing * we are sorry but our hands are tied"  but no they have to claim it's "innovation" and that It "benefits" the player. 

They are probably screwed as any manager in any other company nowdays, if they said something negative about their bosses and parent company their boss would see them out the door. Its all run by accountants and beancounters setting KPI's and crap.

1 minute ago, ToJKa said:

In my understanding Bethesda Softworks and Zenimax Media have pretty much the same people running it. It's more of a legal thing.

Or at least that how it used to be, i've no clue if something has changed.

Correct.  It's to limit liability, and it's a very common thing to do to limit asset faults in case they're sued.

Fallout 76 - Free Addons and Micro Transactions for Cosmetic Items
Bethesda reveals its plans for the period following the launch of Fallout 76. Cosmetic microtransactions are definitely part of it. lachende-smileys-347.gif

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/fallout-76-gratis-addons-und-mikrotransaktionen-fuer-kosmetische-items,3331021.html

https://www.playnation.de/spiele-news/fallout-76/keine-dlc-dafuer-mikrotransaktionen-id74690.html

Fallout 76 DLC Will Be Free Because of Microtransactions

https://screenrant.com/fallout-76-dlc-free-microtransactions/

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Halstrom said:

They are probably screwed as any manager in any other company nowdays, if they said something negative about their bosses and parent company their boss would see them out the door. Its all run by accountants and beancounters setting KPI's and crap.

They could at least leak things like zenimax orders out to the public.  If zenimax is behind the creation club or other Bullshit practices they deserve the hatred.

I also wonder if bethesda game works  could buy its own independence. 

On 8/11/2018 at 8:09 PM, Midnight_19 said:

I also wonder if bethesda game works  could buy its own independence. 

Who knows? Zenimax et al are privately traded, so they don't have to tell non-investors a thing about their financial status. And if it's true that the same people who are in charge of Bugthesda are also in charge of Zenimax, the former couldn't go independent because the two are too closely intertwined.

3 hours ago, ToJKa said:

And considering other Bethesda Softworks released games are free of such bullshit (for now, at least), i doubt Zenimax is the problem.

think once yourself!

Bethesda Softworks has always developed single player games and who has ESO developed?
I do not think I have to answer that question!
Bethesda has always been successful with the way they left, why in the devil names, destroy they their success?
very simple, Zenimax is the parent company and if they decide that way, then Beth is powerless! :classic_wink:

Does it really matter, though? Even if BGS is indeed still "good" and it's the evil executives over at Zenimax that are responsible for all of this, it wouldn't make a difference. The effect is exactly the same as if BGS was "corrupt" too (which they very well can be), and it's not like any of us would be able todo anything to save poor Beth from the evil suits.

Unless any of you happened to have enough paper to perform a hostile takeover on Beth, that is. Becoming the major (and maybe only) shareholder would certainly allow anyone to tell Beth what to do and how to do it. But I'm pretty sure that ain't happening.

16 hours ago, winny257 said:

think once yourself!

Bethesda Softworks has always developed single player games and who has ESO developed?
I do not think I have to answer that question!
Bethesda has always been successful with the way they left, why in the devil names, destroy they their success?
very simple, Zenimax is the parent company and if they decide that way, then Beth is powerless! :classic_wink:

Uh-huh.

And out of all games that Bethesda Softworks publishes, which developer's one has the paid mods? :P

It's not like EA situation here, Bethesda came first, then Zenimax was formed by the same people.

Not an evil corporate overlord and a captured developer damsel in distress, Bethesda and Zenimax are the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have recently seen Trailers for the upcoming Fallout 76, which is very much based on the Fallout 4 engine.

In the future, there will be private servers available, that will be able to run mods.
Has anyone thought about this yet? 

The thought of an adult server on which real players can knock off each other with bondage grenades sounds funny to me.

Become enslaved, escape, make slaves, steal them, sell them, so many possibilitis,...with bondage gear or not,...runnig a brothel and so on.
Depending on your inclination, you can for example choose the possibilities what people can do with you, (or with a time limit) when creating the character. 

The possibilities are unbelievable for me, and i would like to run a private server running 24/7. Im sure it will work on base of donations.

I would need to make an age verification 18+ to not get some trouble, but this seems to be possible to do. Maybe with a paypal-payment of 1,-€ (or$) or whatever.

Im not sure how many of  the will be possible from side of Bethesda, im really looking forward what comes.

What are your thoughts? Am I a dreamer or a visionary?

They are using the same engine (with tweaks) for 76 as they were using in F04. Means the creationKit should work there too.

Means we could go all moddy- Like Interactive SexMods like in Conan Exiles and stuff.

Tho there is a problem. We were told that It will take some time for mods to be available to 76 (i guess after a few days/weeks when private servers are introduced)
Means after the Delay there will be like.. A TON of people trying to get their own server because they are sick of the public-kiddie servers.

Could be in favor to you, could be a problem too.

The real problem i see .. 

If the Community (Adult Mods) for 76 will be as small and "lazy" as the one for F04 it´s most likely that we will never get past the Point of simple sex animations (like in Conan exiles)
Which wouldn´t be too attractive for modders and gamers alike. I mean we have some really talented and ambitious modders for F04, tho it´s no comparison to what Skyrim HAD and has going till today. 

Edit:

IF everything works out as i hope a friend of mine and me - we are planning to Host a server with a lot of lore, adult setting and events
(We tried this back in the days with Conan exiles too, tho due to a lack of people we gave up after a while)

Im not sure in which direction it´ll go, we´ll see. Maybe we just join a server.. Time will tell

One question that could make or break such things is how much private servers are going to be, they could potentially be free but somewhere or other somebody has to pay to run servers.

Depending on what format they use mesh and texture replacers should be doable from start, though only the person running them would of course see them.

2 hours ago, Gerry1974 said:

Hello,

I have recently seen Trailers for the upcoming Fallout 76, which is very much based on the Fallout 4 engine.

In the future, there will be private servers available, that will be able to run mods.
Has anyone thought about this yet? 

The thought of an adult server on which real players can knock off each other with bondage grenades sounds funny to me.

Become enslaved, escape, make slaves, steal them, sell them, so many possibilitis,...with bondage gear or not,...runnig a brothel and so on.
Depending on your inclination, you can for example choose the possibilities what people can do with you, (or with a time limit) when creating the character. 

The possibilities are unbelievable for me, and i would like to run a private server running 24/7. Im sure it will work on base of donations.

I would need to make an age verification 18+ to not get some trouble, but this seems to be possible to do. Maybe with a paypal-payment of 1,-€ (or$) or whatever.

Im not sure how many of  the will be possible from side of Bethesda, im really looking forward what comes.

What are your thoughts? Am I a dreamer or a visionary?

the definition of "private server" is a misnomer. Beth has clarified that when they stated that there would be "private servers" that they meant that these servers would be leased from them, i.e. they would be the owner of these servers and people would be able to lease them. this was recently clarified by pete hines. I can guarantee that they will still monitor and police the heck out of them.

again... this was another instance where toad howard & pete hiney intentionally misled the audience by double-speak and vagueness.

2 hours ago, cleavagesweat said:

the definition of "private server" is a misnomer. Beth has clarified that when they stated that there would be "private servers" that they meant that these servers would be leased from them, i.e. they would be the owner of these servers and people would be able to lease them. this was recently clarified by pete hines. I can guarantee that they will still monitor and police the heck out of them.

That is most certainly the case. Bugthesda has been moving towards control of what their customers get and can use since FO4. And the vagaries of modding any online game preclude most of what is hosted here on LL. Assuming that private servers even happen.

49 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That is most certainly the case. Bugthesda has been moving towards control of what their customers get and can use since FO4. And the vagaries of modding any online game preclude most of what is hosted here on LL. Assuming that private servers even happen.

Well you can't blame them really since most modding communities - if you still want to call them that, that is - have been waving their collective wallet around. Meaning there's cash to be made, it's just money that Bethesda isn't making. It's like throwing a big fat steak into a lion's face and expecting them not to eat it.

5 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Well you can't blame them really since most modding communities - if you still want to call them that, that is - have been waving their collective wallet around. Meaning there's cash to be made, it's just money that Bethesda isn't making. It's like throwing a big fat steak into a lion's face and expecting them not to eat it.

And logic would have told you that was inevitable given the way most people are. Good thing most mod authors still support the cathedral philosophy.

Archived