21 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Since you're using YPS compatibility, how about debuffing longer hairs... Say 10st + and 10br + will reduce damage a certain % because it gives her enemies a handle to control her with during the fight and fling her around as she attempts to attack enemies. 

Just dropping that in here since it seems to fit the theme pretty well.

This actually sounds like something better suited for SL Disparity maybe we can get @Lupine00 to add it as something his mod tracks. ?

11 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

This is probably due to some mod making changes to races after SL Survival. Go into xEdit (aka SSEdit) and look at the race tab for SL Survival 

Whatever is in that last column is going to be the winner as far as what happens in game. So you need to make sure that has the _SLS_inequalitySpell you can either copy that over by dragging it (this will make SexLab Survival a master of that ESP) or you will need to make a merge patch (which is a tad more complicated but explained on the front page, second post of this thread.

Thanks for the pointer. I downloaded SSEdit for the first time last night and started trying to make a merge patch as per the instructions in this thread. After a few steps I got a pop-up that said "merge patches are not supported by SSE, only proceed if you know what you're doing" and I thought "I don't know what I'm doing" and stopped. But I guess I should forge ahead and trust that the instructions in this thread are sufficient substitute for "knowing what I'm doing" lol.

Wish me luck!

5 minutes ago, Anunya said:

Thanks for the pointer. I downloaded SSEdit for the first time last night and started trying to make a merge patch as per the instructions in this thread. After a few steps I got a pop-up that said "merge patches are not supported by SSE, only proceed if you know what you're doing" and I thought "I don't know what I'm doing" and stopped. But I guess I should forge ahead and trust that the instructions in this thread are sufficient substitute for "knowing what I'm doing" lol.

Wish me luck!

?

11 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Anyone got broken guard behaviors? I just had it happen to me. The cooldown variable was stuck at 6 which is for weapons drawn. I'd like to see if I could build a consensus on the source so if anyone with the issue could do 'help _SLS_GuardWarnTypeAndCooldown' and tell me what number you've got. 

To fix it's probably just a case of 'set _SLS_GuardWarnTypeAndCooldown to 0'.

I've had that issue regularly, mine was stuck at 6 and setting it to 0 did indeed fix it.

On a similar but apparently unrelated note, I haven't ever been detained for being out past curfew despite the fact I have no license, and while setting that variable to 0 fixed weapon drawn warnings it doesn't fix curfew warnings,.

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

?

It worked!

I followed your instructions, and it turned out that a patch for the Apachii Divine Elegance store was the culprit. I followed your instructions, dragged and dropped  and - once I figured out I had to do it for each race rather than the Khajit vampires I accidentally defaulted to - it worked.

Thanks for the help!

12 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Whichever you want. Newer is probably better right? I'm still stuck on an old version because some patches for mods I like have not been updated. 

SLS doesn't have any interactions with requiem btw.

I wanna use apocalypse and I think latest requiem patch is for version 3.0. What other mods dont have newest patch? Can you share more mods that you use with SLS?

Also Im not sure if I understand how the "jiggle" feature works, if I start with small breasts what can change their size to increase jiggle? I can only think of milk mod that changes them

1 hour ago, A_guy_with_the_plan said:

might be on my end but my stamina drains while holding a bikini license 

did you check on the license tab in the MCM to see what is triggering the curse? (99 times out of 100 for me it is the boots, they have to be high heels and the default is 5 for the offset. I find 3.5 to be more reasonable.)

On 11/11/2020 at 3:27 PM, tamai said:

Lasty ill ask because i am not sure do injuries go away eventually or do i need to go to a healer? like cuts and bruises?

Sure. By default traumas last around 2 days. If you're taking a lot of hits or getting raped a lot though it might keep going around in circles if you know what I mean as new traumas replace old ones. Try setting the chances lower if that's the case. 

On 11/11/2020 at 3:55 PM, wonderfulcheese said:

Is there a way to make it so that the license laws apply to NPCs as well?

Maybe some day. But the cost to benefit ratio is..... questionable. 

On 11/11/2020 at 5:50 PM, Herowynne said:

If you brawl with spells equipped

Brawl with spells equipped? How? Like a spell in one hand? Don't think I've ever been brawling in my game. 

On 11/12/2020 at 1:16 AM, ttpt said:

On a similar but apparently unrelated note, I haven't ever been detained for being out past curfew despite the fact I have no license

Are you getting curfew begin/end notifications?

On 11/12/2020 at 2:11 AM, Inessa said:

I wanna use apocalypse and I think latest requiem patch is for version 3.0. What other mods dont have newest patch? Can you share more mods that you use with SLS?

Ah I haven't really been keeping up with mods for quite some time now so I've no idea. 

On 11/12/2020 at 2:11 AM, Inessa said:

Also Im not sure if I understand how the "jiggle" feature works, if I start with small breasts what can change their size to increase jiggle? I can only think of milk mod that changes them

I'm sure there are many but some I can think of right now: Estrus chaurus, SGO, MME, Milk addict, Fill her up, probably any pregnancy mod. And of course the inflation potion. 

8 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Sure. By default traumas last around 2 days. If you're taking a lot of hits or getting raped a lot though it might keep going around in circles if you know what I mean as new traumas replace old ones. Try setting the chances lower if that's the case. 

It would be nice to have a treatment item to hurry them up, like STA's butter balm does for spanks. ?

I've been thinking lately that what survival really needs at this point is some kind of early game mechanics. Some kind of mercenaries type guild. Legio Damnatorum. You sign up or are forcible assigned maybe. Are given basic equipment and paired with some others. Either mercs (mercs need fodder to open suspicious containers or walk down inviting corridors first, so you leading them makes sense) or other 'budding adventurers' and given a task to clear a radiant dungeon/retrieve a radiant item/kill a radiant boss. You're not allowed to keep anything you find in the dungeon (this would be really difficult I think) but are awarded a licence of your choosing instead and maybe keep one thing from the dungeon.

It's not even the beginning of an idea but I've really been struggling with the early game now and I think it needs..... something to allow you to actually play the game. 

9 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I've been thinking lately that what survival really needs at this point is some kind of early game mechanics. Some kind of mercenaries type guild. Legio Damnatorum. You sign up or are forcible assigned maybe. Are given basic equipment and paired with some others. Either mercs (mercs need fodder to open suspicious containers or walk down inviting corridors first, so you leading them makes sense) or other 'budding adventurers' and given a task to clear a radiant dungeon/retrieve a radiant item/kill a radiant boss. You're not allowed to keep anything you find in the dungeon (this would be really difficult I think) but are awarded a licence of your choosing instead and maybe keep one thing from the dungeon.

It's not even the beginning of an idea but I've really been struggling with the early game now and I think it needs..... something to allow you to actually play the game. 

?

18 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I think it´s a great idea to help the player in the early game. I´ve always found myself not entering cities because selling stuff at discounted prices + getting all my weapons,armor and magicka taken away isn´t a good way to start off my game and snowberry start just feels too easy.

Maybe different jobsites like a farm you help out at ,a wizard you can assist, a woodcutter, a hunter etc. That could make for some great jobs to do instead of going out to adventure. And since the guards always talk about how annoying it is to retrieve female adventurers from the fate they´ve gotten themselves into, basic jobs for the player to do would probably be a good thing in their eyes. You´re no troublemaker and just do your job like any other person in the hold. These jobs could maybe also contain some kinky stuff like helping an alchemist would make him use potions of SL Survival on you, helping a wizard could apply the bikini curse and so on. Some jobs could also reward you with things that have some kind of catch. Like helping out a blacksmith gives you this totally not skimpy bikini armor for you to wear if you impressed him with your good work or other means. If you did good you can also be rewarded with some gold,food or maybe even the guards will allow you a basic license. Maybe like licenses to do your job (Armor,Weapon and so on) since they know you´re totally not going off to run to your next adventure.

Just an idea from my side. I think it would make the game feel even more like an RPG and probably be a lot of fun to do.

42 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I like the idea, especially if it would be combined with the bikini curse. Like a Legio DamnBikiniatarum. With own guild home in a city and special toll gate rules ^^

That would make things easier on game start, but with a price of course:

> being able to visit a city in low lvl (maybe I overdid it with the license prices ?, but the SLS magic curse is just too good to get rid off too fast, scary stuff, especially in higher lvls)

> having a home early on (I wouldn't be able to pay for breezhome early on ?)

> force me to use the bikini curse feature of SLS that I somehow manage to evade all the time (not triggered once :classic_ph34r:)

> great RP start for a new game :classic_happy:

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

maybe you could have a grouping of like three or four mercenaries, inside the larger cities. they interject when the guards are "stealing" your weapons and armor and tell the guards they will buy it from you right there at a somewhat deflated rate if you join them on their next assigment of clearing out a bandit encampment. you get a choice between the normal of twell maybe. just trying to help herehe enforcers taking your stuff and you having to rebuy them later with a license and you getting some money for your starting gear, you probably dont really use more than 5 minutes anyway. so if you say yes. they can take you to the inn, where you can put your stuff in a chest (so they know you did't steal anything from the encampment you are about to storm). the first can be the embarshart mine, which goes relatively uneventful, you overcome the bandits quite easily thanks to the 4 mercenaries and you all walk out, no problem. you get a et amount of money for having helped and half of the value of the stuff you carried back to the city gate where before you enter the city they take the items, so you dont have to do anymore coding to make enforcers ignore you for half a minute when you walk to the inn etc. this seams cleaner than what i  thought of before.) anyway maybe after this first trial run they could give you contracts where the set amount for helping the increases but you have to help them for longer.

3 times=150 + 30% value of the items for each encampment.

5 times = 200 + 40% value of the items for each encampment.

10 times = 300 + 40% value of the items for each encampment.

and this just goes on like normal where if a encampment respawns they come and tell you within a few days (if you signed a contract with them) and you all go out and do it over again. you could put failure systems in there were sometimes one of 'em gets killed or badly injured and they retreat leaving you to fend for yourself, they could yell something like "you can have the girl." or sorry, girl. we're leaving and you would probably get SLDefeat'ed. you could then limp back and they could laugh off what happened to you and remind you of the contract you signed forcing you to go with them again for the amount of the you signed for or be enslaved by slaverun, simple slavery or they could go after you in a 2nd chance type deal just like the one in slaverun with escaped slaves that get hunted, where they ask you to just go with them first or be sold to the first two options. or maybe you could be forced to wear a whorecollar or something... 

Hope you like the direction. ?

i hope you get something like this dont because survival does make it quite difficult in the early stages of the game to pay for everything, especially ocmbined with devious followers etc. something like this could solve it.

good luck.

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I also have a lower timescale I think also helps with that where i have perpetual injuries ><

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

I use the missives mod which adds random radiant quest around and it's fairly configurable as far as the monetary rewards you get from it. I don't know how moddable it actually is if you want to limit picking up objects in quests, but in any case maybe that mod may be of interest?

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

One of my biggest problems with the kink mod community is that everything needs to be procedural.  Procedural stuff is great but it ends up being "an endless supply of pretty good stuff" rather than something great.  

This seems like a great place for a more story driven dungeon.  A linear quest would give you way more access to some of the stuff you want to do.  

1 hour ago, ttpt said:

I use the missives mod which adds random radiant quest around and it's fairly configurable as far as the monetary rewards you get from it. I don't know how moddable it actually is if you want to limit picking up objects in quests, but in any case maybe that mod may be of interest?

Yea I use that too. + jobs of skyrim. None of them really 'introduce' you into combat really though. 

1 hour ago, ttpt said:

Haven't seen any notifications so something must not be running.

Have you tried the old 'turn it off and back on'. Though exit the menu between toggles. 

6 hours ago, AkiKay said:

Maybe different jobsites like a farm you help out at

I can't see myself making elaborate quests. If I do it it'll be cookie cutter stuff. Simply because anything else would take too long. 

Perhaps as property of Legio Damnatorum you're not allowed to carry anything except your approved equipment. Any weapons/armor/gold you pick up 'poofs' to the legion (dangerous). Legion blacksmith will kit you out if you lose stuff. Bikinis/slutty clothes mandatory of course. Accomplish tasks to get more/better gear. Eg: Start with an iron bikini bra and panty. Get some pauldrons for completing a task. Gain a rank = steel bikini. Fail a task/get a companion killed = mandatory devices. Legio Damnatorum can't buy licences but are exempt from licences/tolls too. 

Am I undermining the existing SLS systems? Since you can't really own anything it seems like you can't progress until you're not Legio Damnatorum. But you can gain skills/perks with help from companions that don't charge by the hour. Is it a reasonable tradeoff? Would you volunteer early game? How do you get out of the legion? Gain enough ranks. Send them enough items of value? 

26 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Is it a reasonable tradeoff? Would you volunteer early game?

To me joining would depend upon if there is really anything in it for me. If they would just dress my character up like a slut and maybe give some rewards here and there but at the same time prevent me from picking up specific loot then I´d be better off sneaking in and out of the city illegally risking the same stuff happening to me through the guards. Atleast that´s how I´d see it if i were to choose personally. The whole Guild or Legion would have to feel like a safer choice than using crime and tricks to get yourself through the early game. It would probably not be perfect life but it would keep me fed and alive (and hopefully not have me end up in the Holds Dungeon).