7 hours ago, Corsayr said:

If you add the _SLS_BikiniArmor keyword to SLAX!

That way armor mods can use SLAX which is an .ESM as a master for adding that keyword instead of SexLab Survival which is only an .esp.

There already IS a bikini keyword in SLAX.

It can't be _SLS_BikiniArmor though, because that is a keyword whose FormID is bound to the SLS load order.

I think it's called something like SLA_ArmorHalfNakedBikini (it has a heavyweight name because it's also the Babo keyword).

However, there are other more detailed keywords too, for panties and such.

SLA_Brabikini

SLA_ThongT

SLA_PantyNormal

SLA_ThongCString

SLA_ThongLowleg

SLA_ArmorFemaleOnly

There ought to be a bazillion other keywords too, but I deleted them from the version that got released. I think.

I wanted people to have a chance to provide feedback on the massive keyword list before putting it in a release, but they didn't provide any at all.

25 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

There already IS a bikini keyword in SLAX.

It can't be _SLS_BikiniArmor though, because that is a keyword whose FormID is bound to the SLS load order.

I think it's called something like SLA_ArmorHalfNakedBikini (it has a heavyweight name because it's also the Babo keyword).

However, there are other more detailed keywords too, for panties and such.

SLA_Brabikini

SLA_ThongT

SLA_PantyNormal

SLA_ThongCString

SLA_ThongLowleg

SLA_ArmorFemaleOnly

There ought to be a bazillion other keywords too, but I deleted them from the version that got released. I think.

ya but i don't think SLS recognizes it as a bikini item with just that keyword (The Baka keywords are only meant for the top and bottom items, they have no function on other slot items.)

and I love that SLAX has those Baka keywords btw it makes life a lot easier ?

PS people who read your quote of my message are going to think I am cussing you out... ?

PPS I thought when Skyrim does the get keyword or whatever, it only looks at the text of the keyword, I know a form is needed to "store" the keyword, but wouldn't the same keyword using a different form yield a positive result in a search? 

40 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

PPS I thought when Skyrim does the get keyword or whatever, it only looks at the text of the keyword, I know a form is needed to "store" the keyword, but wouldn't the same keyword using a different form yield a positive result in a search? 

Except that how the search is performed, one looks up the keyword using the string (with GetKeyword), and then looks for that specific keyword (by FormID) on the item.  So if there are two different mods using the same keyword name but different FormIDs, that could get messy.  I don't know which would come up in a game with both SLAX and SLS when using GetKeyword("blahblah"), maybe the first in LO?  But if it is a little unpredictable, in practice this would mean that you'd need both keywords set on items to be sure of matching.  Plus, if you're running with SLS only of course the item needs the SLS-defined keyword, if you're using SLAX but no SLS the SLAX-defined keyword is necessary, and if both... chaos!

Oh!  But it should be possible to give SLAX the capability of adding the SLS keyword, in those games where SLS is installed.  Rather than defining a new keyword, SLAX obtains the keyword from SLS, and then adds it to items as usual.  No?  I'm hazy on how SLAX's "add keyword to item" function works, but I'm naively assuming there's no reason it can't add arbitrary FormIDs, not just its own, in that process.

One other thing while I'm flexing my very limited knowledge, Corsayr, I feel quite sure they're "radio" buttons (only one selectable at a time, so resembling & named for old-timey car radio buttons).  Fear my L337 sk1llz!

5 minutes ago, legraf said:

One other thing while I'm flexing my very limited knowledge, Corsayr, I feel quite sure they're "radio" buttons (only one selectable at a time, so resembling & named for old-timey car radio buttons).  Fear my L337 sk1llz!

You are quite possibly correct, but I have called them radial buttons my entire life and I am not change it now! sry, not sry ?

6 minutes ago, legraf said:

Except that how the search is performed, one looks up the keyword using the string (with GetKeyword), and then looks for that specific keyword (by FormID) on the item.  So if there are two different mods using the same keyword name but different FormIDs, that could get messy.  I don't know which would come up in a game with both SLAX and SLS when using GetKeyword("blahblah"), maybe the first in LO?  But if it is a little unpredictable, in practice this would mean that you'd need both keywords set on items to be sure of matching.  Plus, if you're running with SLS only of course the item needs the SLS-defined keyword, if you're using SLAX but no SLS the SLAX-defined keyword is necessary, and if both... chaos!

This seems like the worst way to do it, which would be on brand for Bethesda. ?

In any case adding the form in SLAX in the method you mentioned would not be useful as the Keyword wouldn't be resident to SLAX for the purpose of adding it to other mods (armor mods specifically) which is what i was looking for. ?

I guess I'll just have to live with fixing all those NULL references every time I need to do something in CK. ? 

While we are on the topic of Legraf

I was wondering MM1, how likely would it be to get you to add a sleep quality check for panties? Like make it harder to get good sleep if you aren't wearing them? 

I was asking because of the mod Panty Thief which allows NPCs to steel your underwear in your sleep. So it would be nice to have a mechanism to encourage the player to wear underwear to bed. ?

2 hours ago, legraf said:

Oh!  But it should be possible to give SLAX the capability of adding the SLS keyword, in those games where SLS is installed.

It is possible. But why?

SLS already knows how to check for the SLAX StorageUtil value, which requires no dependency on SLAX, so there is no need to set that keyword from SLAX.

I'm not sure if SLS checks the SLAX keywords. If it did, you could add those to ESPs, and wouldn't need to worry about whether you were always going to have SLS enabled. For me it's a small concern. SLS and the bikinis go together, so the dependency isn't a problem.

17 hours ago, divinefire said:

I'm new to this mod so I an not sure how some things really work yet before I go further. I played with the old version a few days and enjoy it alot with all the options you give to adapt to our individual gameplay so thanks. It takes awhile to learn it all to fit my gameplay style like cursed loot did but its so worth it once you do.

I was happy you decided to support the  EDS mod which sparked my interest in trying your mod. My problem is with the cum supply food/drink with the mod. it works fine with Ineed but I cant seem to get it working with EDS. I've tried switching their load orders, turn up the food and drink in both mods MCM and nothing effects it. Was wondering if since its a new supported mod if that part made it in?

I'll look into it later. Don't have the time right now. 

14 hours ago, tamai said:

Not sure if this is just on my end but two things

1.) When i ask a merchant and bribe him to let me sell items I get a popup box that says "hihi|"

2.) When i pickpocket someone they arent force greeting me so as to give me punishiments

1. That's what we in the business call a whoopsie. I'll fix it next version.

2. Two possible reasons: 

A) they are in a scene - scenes can be really simple. 'Stupid dog' is a scene for example. 

B) they are not turning hostile which SLS doesn't handle.

14 hours ago, kamilloxo said:

Hi I am having issues with the Bikini curse. I cant get any Bikini experience because the mod detects Bikini armors as non Bikini ones. I have disabled the Bikini curse but it is still active so that I cannot get any Bikini experience

2 possible problems.

1. Another mod is overriding the armor records and removing the keyword. Load your complete load order in TesEdit and open the bikini mod. Find an armor that definitely isn't working and click on it. Check the columns. The right most column is the record the game will use. If it hasn't got the keyword then that's why it's not working. 

2. Load the bikini mod after SLS.

Or see Corsayr's reply. 

8 hours ago, justbob2 said:

EDIT: Looks better already.  After only 6+ times fondling a horse, I made a friend.  Not long after that I got the "urge" to be a pony girl. I'm not sure what to do with that yet (go to work for S.L.U.T.S.?), but the mod is definitely progressing.

Remember you have to actually make the horse cum. Just teasing him won't work. 

Pony cumpulsion will try to equip pony style devious devices from your inventory or containers. 

5 hours ago, Corsayr said:

I was asking because of the mod Panty Thief which allows NPCs to steel your underwear in your sleep. So it would be nice to have a mechanism to encourage the player to wear underwear to bed.

I'm kind of approaching the character limit on the sleep dep messagebox. I still need to add in cum addiction so I'll have to wait and see. 

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It is possible. But why?

I can think of one reason. The bikini exp perks operate off of WornHasKeyword which won't work for a storageutil variable. 

But this isn't something I'm personally pushed on. 

7 hours ago, Corsayr said:

I guess I'll just have to live with fixing all those NULL references every time I need to do something in CK. 

You need to flip the ESM flags on any esps that are masters that aren't the target mod (the mod you'll be saving) before opening it in the CK. 

I've been near brought to tears a few times because of this. You can flip the flags in TesEdit. In the header section. 

Or if it's something you're going to be doing on a regular basis and if you use MO you can make a copy of the mod folder, rename it to COMPILING or ESM or something. Flip the flag on the esp and create a CK profile with it as active. That way you don't have to worry about it. This is what I do myself. My CK profile has a ton of ESMified mods. 

9 hours ago, legraf said:

I feel quite sure they're "radio" buttons (only one selectable at a time, so resembling & named for old-timey car radio buttons).

Of course. Most UI API's that provide such buttons use that terminology to describe a set of buttons of which only one may be active at a time.

I'll put "radial buttons" or a shelf along with "depreciated" and "could care less".

They make me cringe, but language is fluid. Can't fight it.

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

esps that are masters that aren't the target mod

One reason to avoid doing this at all costs.

There's some kind of anecdotal, weakly sourced argument that you shouldn't do this because it overflows some overwrite buffer in Skyrim during loads.

I don't know if it's true.

But I am fairly sure if can lead to the kind of CTD that occurs at load when you have multiple cross-mod dependencies, and you throw a new dependent in the mix.

On the topic of STA masochism requiring devices to sleep...

Could wearing devices during sleep:

a) prevent masochism loss during that time, or even increase it?

b) slow the rate of pain fade - in fact you might gain pain from sleeping in an armbinder (you certainly would gain pain, if you could sleep at all, which I doubt).

This would offset the rather ... punishing ... nature of this new obligation a bit.

Practically, this could be calculated whether you are sleeping or not, as it "just makes sense".

It just interconnects with sleeping nicely if that makes you put the devices on. But if you're wearing them for another reason (DF, trap, etc) the same "benefits" seem reasonable.

I like the new addition of the "unlock licence"!

And I think it would be cool to add somethink like loansharks to it:

That way the PC could have an option to either pay all of it or pay in expensive rates.

Either loan it directly from the guy selling the licences, or loan it from a follower. (Of course you can also just install the mod above. But that one is old and WIP and I think you can implement it directly to the person giving you the licence, which would be cooler)

What happens if the PC cannot pay? Maybe the follower will pay for him and make the PC his/her slave or just add the money on top of the money PC already ows him (devous follower).

Or the PC get's sold into slavery?

Or the PC must du some jobs?

Regarding jobs:

Maybe instead / in addition to unlocking the licencs the PC must do somethink else?

E.g. for the weapons and armor licence would need to get approval from the Jarl first (for each region), and for the magic you need to get approval from the College of Winterhold first.

Maybe the old wizzard wants you to give him a blow job for his approval? Maybe he want's to test your magic abilities? Maybe both if you fail at the magic test.

Maybe the jarl sends you to the companions to test your skill with the sword (temporal licence?)? Afaik they already have a quest in which they test your abilities.

Those are just some suggestion which came to my mind.

Other than that I have to say that you are doing a wonderfull job! Thank you!

This is a damn near perfect mod in my opinion, great work!

My main problem with a lot of mods is that you play the game completely autonomously until you either get locked in a device or enslaved, and then all of your autonomy is stripped away and it becomes a non-game. With this mod it feels like you're still playing a game the whole time, and maybe one of those outcomes will still happen, but with the addition of statistical inequality and other factors holding you back, the loss of autonomy is a bit more gradual and progressive.

Regarding adding a certification and approval step to the licensing process, it might be helpful to ask two questions:  what is the real purpose of the license system, and would adding extra steps be fun?

My assumption is that the license system is not about your safety and well-being, it's to discourage women from doing things better left to men.  For that, the guards are well qualified at being the jerks they are, and it doesn't matter if they know little or nothing about magic, or whether they check that you know which end of a sword to hold.

As for getting certified by an expert in the field, the extra running around could become tedious and the player will reach the "this feature sucks" point.  If you have to trek to Whiterun or Winterhold for certification, which could be a troublesome challenge at your level (depending on the difficulty mods you're running), again you hit "this feature sucks" because it's not fun.   If the objective is to add an extra dose of humiliation by making the PC "polish the sword" (or staff) of an expert, the guards could fill that role without the running around, assuming that licenses are not actually about your competence with anything except how well you put your mouth to use. 

So it's a balancing act to keep the various obstacles thrown in your path fun. 

On 2/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, Monoman1 said:
On 2/12/2020 at 9:01 AM, 7osisg4d said:

Do you have any plans to leverage aroused to identify armor types? The new one has in-game toggles for nudity, bikini, etc - but the guards still get angry.

Should already be compatible. Mostly. What's the issue exactly?

The guards don't recognize outfits I've flagged as nude/bikini as such and my pc gets scolded for wearing them in town.

The new changes around sleep and masochism seem really cool.  What would be neat as well is if sleep was a compulsive need and deprivation resulted in nodding off instead of just debuffs.  So basically ignore sleep for a night and your character conks out at a random interval the next day. 

This could lead to other cool synergies and repercussions, for instance DFC Willpower mitigating sleep deprivation at high levels but making it worse at low levels.  Obviously sleep deprivation is a dangerous state for a vulnerable individual.  There are other ways a character might suffer for not sleeping but I guess given how developed SSL has become its probably unnecessary to list the rest.  Always look forward to your updates!

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

As for getting certified by an expert in the field, the extra running around could become tedious and the player will reach the "this feature sucks" point.  If you have to trek to Whiterun or Winterhold for certification, which could be a troublesome challenge at your level (depending on the difficulty mods you're running), again you hit "this feature sucks" because it's not fun. 

It's would be boring. I run back and forth around Skyrim pointlessly enough as it is - and I've been doing it for years now, I'm reaching a point where I'm starting to think fast travel might actually be OK - so adding more of that isn't going to make SLS more fun for many people.

It would also be kind of unimmersive. Skyrim isn't a bureaucracy, it's free-wheeling "get things done" Nords. Even the existing license mechanics are a stretch that I feel only fit in "because Slaverun" and because it's a challenge to have them.

That's why, personally, the only license feature I'd like to see added is "Licenses only in Slaverun Towns" toggle box. 

Spoiler

SLS is getting so ... feature complete now ... it's starting to push into real edge case features ... cover animations, wearing DD items to sleep, esoteric details of cum addiction.

This is fine, in a way. Those are nice features. But some of the features in SLS now feel disconnected. SLS always has been a bit of a grab-bag of stuff that Monoman just wanted in his game, and it lacked coherency until licenses were added, and the mod sort-of recentered around that. Personally, I like it better when a mod has a clear purpose/mission, and sticks on point.

The very nice cum features of SLS, and the animal sex, are starting to feel like they are tied to the rest of the mod only by amputation and the needs connection, which is tied to the rest of the mod only by ... nothing really. If amputation and cum consumption were in another mod, like spanking is in STA, I wouldn't find it strange.

To circle back to my point - if I have one - it's that overloading licenses with more complexity seems to be mostly MCM clutter.

The license barrier fee is exactly the feature that was needed and now we have it, and there are already other ways to limit access to licenses.

If there were another way, it would make more sense for it to be tied to vanilla quest completion, or Slaverun directly, rather than some nonsensical certification process.

e.g. You can only get a license if you've advanced the main quest to the point where you've retrieved the dragonstone.

e.g. You can only get a license if you're a Slaverun slaver or free, and not if you're a slave.

Those are both simple mechanics that can be tested very, very simply and require more logic in the MCM than they do elsewhere. Unlike, say, certifications.

However, both those mechanics are things I can enforce for myself through "honor system", so I don't really need them.

In terms of being interesting, what would benefit licenses is ways to cope with not having one beyond simply being illegal - especially for he magic license. If you enable that, you are literally locked out of magic, which is barely workable, especially with Breton or Elf characters and SLS gender disparity. Due to the latter, a female who picks up a career as a warrior is at such a practical disadvantage it's impossible to go down a heavy armor path until you are level 30 or so. (Burdens of Skyrim makes this much worse/harder, but that's a different mod, and I'm probably one of very few people using it with SLS).

It's like the DD issue; the problem with DDs is not getting put in them, it's finding interesting ways to get out of them, and to cope with being stuck in them.

The issue with licenses now is more about how to cope without access to licenses, and providing paths that allow play without being stuck whoring, or simply unable to go to a town.

NPCs who can forge licenses, or a way to remove the magic curse or collar would be interesting in this context.

Monoman enjoys hunting for keys in containers, but I don't really have such a feature in my game, so that's not the answer for everyone.

1 hour ago, Kissinger said:

The new changes around sleep and masochism seem really cool.  What would be neat as well is if sleep was a compulsive need and deprivation resulted in nodding off instead of just debuffs.  So basically ignore sleep for a night and your character conks out at a random interval the next day. 

I've thought about this, and it was something I was going to support in SLD with blackouts and "needs" as inputs. (Still am going to support in fact, for sure).

OTOH, having it happen "too soon" is bad, and making it entirely deterministic would be bad too.

It would need a light touch, and smart conditions if it were to happen at all.

You should have to push past 24 hours with no sleep before there was a realistic chance of it.

It should only happen when you're standing idle or sitting, not walking, or running, or in a fight, or in a vendor dialog, or in a conversation.

Would also need to address the issues with RND/beds, where a bed will be flagged as so awful that you don't get any sleep benefit from it.

It shows up the limitations of RND treating sleep need as a single number.

Currently, you can sleep (badly) for 12 hours, and be more tired than you started. It happens rather often with SLS.

It can silently take objection to a bed, or visibly classify a perfectly good bed as "awful" because Monoman is wary of classifying a "cheated" bed as good.

Mixing a blackout feature with the existing aggressive false positives relating to "bad beds" would make that issue/feature incredibly annoying, and then - because sleep deprivation is just a single tick-box with no customisation features - I'd have to turn it off just to keep my game playable - because most of my legitimate high-quality beds (in my current game) are rejected by SLS. It either says they are awful, or it says they are fine, but then silently gives me no sleep benefit. I don't want to just edit the ESP and turn those beds into my property for other reasons. It's awkward.

39 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I don't want to just edit the ESP and turn those beds into my property for other reasons. It's awkward.

I believe the console command-   Setownership   -can be used to change the beds ownership at runtime so that it should count as an acceptable bed for SLS no need to edit the esp, annoying to have to do so every new game but unless you are restarting often that is a relatively minor annoyance. I had done this in my last save and it seemed to work perfectly fine.

37 minutes ago, Tenri said:

I believe the console command-   Setownership   -can be used to change the beds ownership at runtime so that it should count as an acceptable bed for SLS no need to edit the esp, annoying to have to do so every new game but unless you are restarting often that is a relatively minor annoyance. I had done this in my last save and it seemed to work perfectly fine.

Thanks. I forgot how easy that is.

It certainly highlights how futile it is to try and stop player "cheating". If a player wants to cheat they will cheat. It's their game, they can do as they like.

If a player wants to use a bed they weren't supposed to, they can just take ownership.

It would be "nice" to have a feature to add "easy" beds that should be punished. But I ask myself, "would I bother?"

I probably wouldn't. It's easier to just avoid using the bed.

The awkwardness really comes from the bed being in Ibn, so I want to fix properly, potentially for others, going forward.

So I need to add some scripting so the beds are properly fixed when you are given access to a sleeping area. So far three different ones have arisen.

Four, if  you count the slave accommodations, but those functioned fine, except for an extreme shortage of beds (but that seems appropriate).

The bed in Azhra's quarters works too, but the one in the "Abandonned Farmhouse" [sic] does not, despite it being intended as a player home.

My complaint there is not that it's set up wrong (which is Ibn's fault, not SLS) but that SLS makes it silently fail, instead of just classifying it as awful.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Mixing a blackout feature with the existing aggressive false positives relating to "bad beds" would make that issue/feature incredibly annoying, and then - because sleep deprivation is just a single tick-box with no customisation features - I'd have to turn it off just to keep my game playable - because most of my legitimate high-quality beds (in my current game) are rejected by SLS. It either says they are awful, or it says they are fine, but then silently gives me no sleep benefit. I don't want to just edit the ESP and turn those beds into my property for other reasons. It's awkward.

Maybe this can be solved in an emergent way?  E.g. a PC with the sleep deprivation condition can beg for accommodations that will count as sufficient rest in exchange for whatever?  Alternately the PC can be solicited by NPCs who generously offer this and then take compensation in whatever random way they prefer? edit: yeah i know you can use the knock function for this.  but i basically mean a separate scenario for a player that's nodding off and desperate.

This sort of raises an issue that's part of the larger problem with making Skyrim fun/sensible in this way.  Adult mods are sandboxed in various ways and anything that rationalizes gameplay in a new way can tamper with the way they function individually.  Part of playing mods is to exhaust the content and outcomes.  It makes it difficult to create a generic load order.

Anyways I totally agree this is the kind of thing that has to be done delicately.  I think maybe one way to do it is to ensure that bad outcomes for the PC occur as quickly and unobtrusively as possible and they can be resolved expediently if not totally efficiently if that makes sense.  Whereas good outcomes, e.g. looting a cave should be comparatively more difficult to reach.  In this case maybe the character can resolve the deprivation condition rapidly without the player's input, and then the incentive to stay well rested is to avoid your character doing something adverse.  I guess this is more DiD's approach.  

16 minutes ago, Kissinger said:

Alternately the PC can be solicited by NPCs who generously offer this and then take compensation in whatever random way they prefer? edit: yeah i know you can use the knock function for this.  but i basically mean a separate scenario for a player that's nodding off and desperate.

It depends on your end goal, and some may like the journey more than the destination.

For some, the point would be for the PC to nod off, then be punished by guards, or captured and sold while sleeping in some dangerous spot.

For others, it's a stick to ensure they sleep promptly, and to create tension about whether they have judged that correctly.

While some may simply like the immersion component of it.