On 9/17/2022 at 5:00 PM, Limbic2Node said:

Really I'm bitching about having to join site after site which I prob wont do, if on the other hand the option to DL without registering was there then I'd be alot less annoyed.

Please make your own "bitching" thread to air out what you will and wont do on the internet.

This thread is about AAF.

10 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Please make your own "bitching" thread to air out what you will and wont do on the internet.

This thread is about AAF.

They were discussing AAF.  You've made it impossible to get AAF from anywhere other than your website, which you gated behind a pointless login (because, as previously discussed, ToS is unenforceable without taking legal action, something YOU have to proactively initiate).  The distribution of your project is part of it, so it's a valid point of discussion.

I'm genuinely curious how many times you're going to beat your head against this wall before you either relent or give up and take your project down.

1 hour ago, davisev5225 said:

They were discussing AAF.  You've made it impossible to get AAF from anywhere other than your website, which you gated behind a pointless login (because, as previously discussed, ToS is unenforceable without taking legal action, something YOU have to proactively initiate).  The distribution of your project is part of it, so it's a valid point of discussion.

I'm genuinely curious how many times you're going to beat your head against this wall before you either relent or give up and take your project down.

He and AAF will be around a lot longer than a handful of folks moaning and groaning about it and beside there is always some new shiny PC mod that the gripers can play with for "satisfaction"!

5 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

Just to reiterate, are you similarly going to ask Nexus, LL, Discord et al to allow downloads without a login? If not, why the double standard?

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Just to reiterate, are you similarly going to ask Nexus, LL, Discord et al to allow downloads without a login? If not, why the double standard?

That would be my preference, yes.

Also, at least with LL and Nexus, I get a massive library of downloads in exchange for some personal information.  Dago's website is... one mod of interest and a couple supporting mods that depend on his mod.  That's not a very good value proposition.  (Side note: I find it ironic that Dago's website name seems to be stylized after "Nottingham", as in "The Sheriff of Nottingham", ostensibly the villain of Robin Hood.)

Finally, I don't download things from Discord for the same reason I don't like registering on a random person's website to download their one single file: it's sketchy.  No guarantee that the download isn't malware or some such.  Reputable sites (Nexus, LL, etc.) provide malware scanning as part of the user experience.  Discord routinely hosts compromised files, so much so that at least a couple times a month there's a new warning about "don't do this with your Discord account or you might lose access to it".

Edited by davisev5225

I can't understand why people get so hung up on this issue.

There are other mods that exist on their own site and need a login.

There are countless sites for other things not related to this mod/game that require a login to a specific site.

Should there be a massive campaign to have all sites everywhere mereged? Good luck with that.

If worried bout the dataz, use a throwaway email address to register.

The 'it's sketchy' argument can be applied to everything, everywhere. When you log on any site, can you be 100% sure it has not been hacked? Even 'reputable' sites get hacked.

Dagobaking has chosen to host their files on a different site. Quit whining and bitching about it. If you choose to not sign up, so be it. You've made your choice. Suck it up buttercup. You don't "need" AAF.  Sign up or don't. Fine either way. Plenty of us users appreciate the hard work and dedication. Even if it requires another login and password.

13 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

I can't understand why people get so hung up on this issue.

The only argument I've seen so far that holds water is people who are trying to monetize modpacks/collections are "sock puppet" campaigning to make it easier to include AAF due to its key position enabling most of the current animation ecosystem for FO4.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

The only argument I've seen so far that holds water is people who are trying to monetize modpacks/collections are "sock puppet" campaigning to make it easier to include AAF due to its key position enabling most of the current animation ecosystem for FO4.

I can promise you I'm not one of those.  I'm just an advocate for data privacy and also don't like people that have grandiose ideas about how the law "works" (when it doesn't at all work the way they think...)

By the way, on that subject, you can't use most throwaway email services on ModdingHam.  Dago installed a plugin that rejects them as spam.  It also rejects connections using the Onion network.  So that's not a solution.

Edited by davisev5225
36 minutes ago, davisev5225 said:

I can promise you I'm not one of those.  I'm just an advocate for data privacy and also don't like people that have grandiose ideas about how the law "works" (when it doesn't at all work the way they think...)

By the way, on that subject, you can't use most throwaway email services on ModdingHam.  Dago installed a plugin that rejects them as spam.  It also rejects connections using the Onion network.  So that's not a solution.

Make email account on non throwaway. Register on site. Never use that email again. #Solved

On 9/21/2022 at 10:18 AM, davisev5225 said:

They were discussing AAF.

This isn't the "discuss where AAF is hosted" thread.

You've made it impossible to get AAF from anywhere other than your website, which you gated behind a pointless login (because, as previously discussed, ToS is unenforceable without taking legal action, something YOU have to proactively initiate).

This statement does not make logical sense. Of course a ToS does not enforce itself without legal action. There's no such thing as any contract or terms that enforce themselves. ?

The point is that there are now terms that work for me that I can (and will) take steps to enforce.

The distribution of your project is part of it, so it's a valid point of discussion.

This is my thread for discussing AAF the mod. Not where AAF is hosted. That issue has already been raised, discussed and debated. I will never change my position on the subject and I've been very clear why.

So, to continue bringing it up, especially as some kind of extended grudge you have about it, is at this point just spam/trolling.

You have this backward. I am under no pressure to change anything. I am the wall.

I am curious how many times you guys will repeat the same arguments I already addressed before you relent and move on with your life?

On 9/21/2022 at 6:04 PM, davisev5225 said:

Also, at least with LL and Nexus, I get a massive library of downloads in exchange for some personal information.

And there we have it folks. He started off implying that there was some grand nobility behind his complaint. Only to reveal a post later that it's just about him not feeling well taken care of enough.

Kick rocks.

19 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

I'm just an advocate for data privacy

You showed your cards. This is merely about convenience for you. You don't give a shit about who is the little guy (mod authors) vs the big guy (Nexus corporation) or data privacy concerns.

and also don't like people that have grandiose ideas about how the law "works" (when it doesn't at all work the way they think...)

Please explain how you think I am mistaken about the law here?

I installed anti-spam plugins because forums get a lot of spam. If that blocks some email sources or connections that spammers use, you can take that up in your own "I'm mad at the consequences of spammers thread".

I'm not going to go (round 3?) with you about this, I was merely pointing out that you have no authority to restrict discussion regarding your mod to topics you deem "appropriate".  The distribution of your mod is intrinsically tied to it, so it's a valid topic.  If you believe you're doing the right thing for yourself by being so restrictive with its distribution, that's your business, but you cannot tell people they're not allowed to disagree in a public discussion, especially when such disagreement doesn't itself constitute a violation of LL's rules.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

And there we have it folks. He started off implying that there was some grand nobility behind his complaint. Only to reveal a post later that it's just about him not feeling well taken care of enough.

You're oh so very wrong here, but I'm not going to start another argument.  Just saying my piece and moving on.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

You showed your cards. This is merely about convenience for you. You don't give a shit about who is the little guy (mod authors) vs the big guy (Nexus corporation) or data privacy concerns.

Wrong.  It's not about convenience, I simply pointed out that Nexus and LL at least have a value proposition in exchange for compromising some of my personal data.  ModdingHam really doesn't, especially since you left 161.1 available on Nexus and I'm not currently aware of any mods that require a newer version than that to function.

I registered to Nexus and LL because I "had" to, and I was much less concerned about data privacy back when I created those accounts.  Since then, there's been a number of very high profile data breaches, some of which have affected me personally.  If a multi-million dollar company (such as a major cell phone carrier, a major game development company, and several storefront websites) can't protect my data, why would I think for a moment that one person working out of their home office can do better?  Your single mod, even being a popular framework, simply doesn't offer enough value for me to take that risk.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect some percentage of the "complainers" have some of the same concerns.

Oh, and for the record, you can easily bundle your ToS into the mod archive and even make it part of a FOMOD installation routine.  That offers you exactly the same level of legal protection as self-hosting, but doesn't require you to harvest user information.  So your argument that it's to protect yourself legally doesn't hold any water at all.  You're clearly more interested in "making a statement" (apparently against LL as well, since you're unwilling to host here) than you are in protecting yourself.  Your dishonesty in this matter is obvious and doesn't serve you well.

Edited by davisev5225
6 hours ago, davisev5225 said:

I'm not going to go (round 3?) with you about this,

Which is why you are just trolling/spamming. Run away and start your own bitching thread.

I was merely pointing out that you have no authority to restrict discussion regarding your mod to topics you deem "appropriate".  The distribution of your mod is intrinsically tied to it, so it's a valid topic.

I could be wrong. But, I'm pretty sure that LL and most other forums allow thread authors to define what they want their threads to be about.

Stop hijacking my thread with a subject that has already been settled here. Start your own thread as I suggested.

If you believe you're doing the right thing for yourself by being so restrictive with its distribution, that's your business, but you cannot tell people they're not allowed to disagree in a public discussion, especially when such disagreement doesn't itself constitute a violation of LL's rules.

I don't care if you discuss it in public or even on LL. Just don't mess up my thread here where people are looking for AAF related information without people whining about settled subjects ad nauseam.

why would I think for a moment that one person working out of their home office can do better?

Copernicus, have you ever stopped to think about this from the other direction? If a person is going to break federal laws to hack an entity, why would they take that huge risk for the small rewards of moddingham.com instead of the huge payoff of walmart.com?

Your single mod, even being a popular framework, simply doesn't offer enough value for me to take that risk.

Hooray! We finally learned what we all wanted to know about davisev!

Wait... what do you want any of us to do with this information? WHO CARES? Just make that decision and move on. Nobody wants to know!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I suspect some percentage of the "complainers" have some of the same concerns.

Amazing! Then I am sure that you can start up a popular "bitch about spammers and where AAF is hosted" thread somewhere.

For the love of God, please do it somewhere else.

Oh, and for the record, you can easily bundle your ToS into the mod archive and even make it part of a FOMOD installation routine.  That offers you exactly the same level of legal protection as self-hosting, but doesn't require you to harvest user information.

No it does not. For a ToS to be binding, the user has to have given consent. Especially for specific terms.

You are talking out of your ass about this.

You're clearly more interested in "making a statement" (apparently against LL as well, since you're unwilling to host here) than you are in protecting yourself. 

I've already explained why I won't host it here many times.

dagobaking has clearly stated he doesn't want this discussion in this thread. Nothing about the way he distributes AAF is against LL rules or custom, and he's well within his rights to limit the scope of this thread to exclude that side of things. Take it elsewhere, if you must.

Also, for anyone wondering about the file page update today, it seems to be an edit to the description clarifying the hosting location choice and explaining that further discussion of that decision is off topic for this thread. There's no new public release (at least not yet anyway).

On 9/24/2022 at 8:45 AM, vaultbait said:

Also, for anyone wondering about the file page update today, it seems to be an edit to the description clarifying the hosting location choice and explaining that further discussion of that decision is off topic for this thread. There's no new public release (at least not yet anyway).

Ah okay, that's what I was looking about when I saw the update post. Thanks for the heads up.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:45 AM, vaultbait said:

Thank you, Just came to see if there was something new that had happened.

1 hour ago, JB. said:

Okay, I want the AAF doppelganger to modify her/his expressions during a scene. I can start writing my XML, but it would be so long that I prefer to do it by script. 

Any idea how I can apply a MFGSet to the Doppelganger during a scene?

I can't set the Doppel as a ReferenceAlias nor as an Actor. 

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/API/ApplyMFGSet

You can get the Actor reference of the Doppel in the OnSceneInit event.  AAF creates a new Doppel each time the player starts a new scene so its ID will change each time.

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneInit

Edited by EgoBallistic
9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

You can get the Actor reference of the Doppel in the OnSceneInit event.  AAF creates a new Doppel each time the player starts a new scene so its ID will change each time.

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/aaf-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneInit

Here is the example from NudeBasics

;---------------------------------------------------------------
;
;---------------------------------------------------------------
; Receive the event:
Event AAF:AAF_API.OnSceneInit (AAF:AAF_API akSender, Var[] akArgs)

int status = akArgs[0] as int  ; The status:
   AAF_Pl_double = None

; log ("OnSceneInit " + status)
   if status
   else
      ; The Actors involved:
      Actor[] actors = Utility.VarToVarArray(akArgs[1]) as Actor[]

AAF_Pl_double  = akArgs[2] as Actor
      ; log ("AAF_Pl_double " + AAF_Pl_double)

; dd_undress_followers (actors)       funktioniert nicht mit violate

endif

EndEvent

; AAF_Pl_double is an actor declared in the common head section of the Library script and afterwards used to remove some devious devices from the clone

You should verify if the clone is NONE or filled up where it is suited in your script/mod

2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

The only thing AAF does with the console is it stops listening for keystrokes while the console is open, so that you don't accidentally start an AAF scene while typing in the console.

I use the console all the time to spawn enemies for testing when I work on other mods.  I have never seen this problem.

Survival mode disables the console.  So you must be using a mod to enable the console in survival mode.  I would take a look at that.

Created a topic as this place didn't seem to be right place for it:

If you don't mind posting this there again so I can answer in one place.

Hey guys I have a problem with aaf, please help.
AAF  сauses an infinite loading screen when trying to load a save

If I start a new game, after selecting a character, the game freezes after a couple of seconds.
I installed gfv, it shows some missing files but doesn't show any details! How do I know what these files are?

All this happens when I enable AAF_Beta_161.1-31304-161-1b-1610914138.  If I disable this version of aaf the game loads with f4se. One more thing - if I download and install AAF Beta 66-31304-66b-1552709085 - the game loads the save, shows the loading list in green animation and at the end it says "AAF SYSTEM CRASH" "This XML file has bad formatting and could be parsed: Leito_SM_AnimationData_Furniture.xml

gflllllllll.png

unknown.png

2 hours ago, Mark263 said:

I installed gfv, it shows some missing files but doesn't show any details! How do I know what these files are?

GFV is saying you're missing files which are normally part of the base game itself. Try revalidating your installation with Steam to see if it will put them back. And it should go without saying, but make sure you're using an officially licensed, legal version of the game (we can't help you with illegal bootleg copies of Fallout 4).