3 minutes ago, ChandraArgentis said:

Tested.  Pressing home does bring up the menu - but only outside of a scene.  Once a scene is triggered, this menu no longer comes up.

What you're probably observing is that some mods intentionally hide the whole game UI (like the tm command in the console) when they play an animation. Not all mods do this, and some make it configurable (for example you can tell Violate not to do it via an MCM option).

Anyway, hitting home during an animation is actually bringing up the AAF interface, you just can't see it because the entire game UI is being hidden from you, but you'll still be able to press the End key to end the scene after pressing Home. Hopefully that will cause the broken scene to exit after a few seconds and then you can look at the AAF admin log for clues as to what's wrong.

Alternatively, since you can see the AAF interface if you unhide it while there is no animation playing, you can use its scene wizard to set up a scene. Easiest might be a single-actor scene involving the player, but you can choose multiple actors if they're within scan range. This is the easiest way to debug AAF problems if you're far enough along that AAF has actually been able to load.

Just an FYI:

The server responsible for sending activation emails for new users on the external forums required to download AAF is non-responsive.

I hit up the folks on the discord channel but thought it best to let the mod authors (and other folks here) know.

Can't download the mod without access to the forums, can't access the forums without activating an account, can't do that because email activation never arrives. There's  several other folks idling in the help channel that also can't get in, and can't reset their passwords.

If there's some other way to download the current version, or if anyone can download it for me, I'd be super happy.

Update:

I threw a $20 donation at the Patreon page to access the current version, and just cancelled the subscription. Hopefully that's enough to fund a more reliable email host, but Dago, if you ever need a hand with such things, shoot me a DM. Retired network engineer with 20 years in the field. If I can help financially or otherwise, more than happy to.

Edited by CoffeeHedake

In a past life, I was a part of a good many 'mod teams', so I remember some of the struggles we had as a team. Rather give the benefit of the doubt, and 'be the change you want to see in the world' where possible, but I digress, it was disappointing to delay my gaming night. I get so few of them these days.

I hate to keep repeating, but ask in the help channels on the AAF Discord. The Moddingham site admins do hang out there, and if there's a problem with the site they typically sticky a download of the latest AAF as a stopgap solution.

Thank you vaultbait for taking the time and sorry to make you repeat yourself like a broken record.

Not at you vaultbait or anyone in paticular, just a genral rant:
So to dl AAF now I need to register on discord as well after already failing a registration at moddingham.
And what, it's already known there's an issue with moddingham registration and it's admins hang out on discord instead of actually correcting the registration issue that has been dragging on for ages.
Yet the thread hear still points to moddingham anyway, ffs... enough with the chase your tail mentality.
No thank you, I just give it a miss for now.
In all honesty trying to update AAF has become more trouble then it's worth.

3 hours ago, smashl66 said:

Thank you vaultbait for taking the time and sorry to make you repeat yourself like a broken record.

Not at you vaultbait or anyone in paticular, just a genral rant:
So to dl AAF now I need to register on discord as well after already failing a registration at moddingham.
And what, it's already known there's an issue with moddingham registration and it's admins hang out on discord instead of actually correcting the registration issue that has been dragging on for ages.
Yet the thread hear still points to moddingham anyway, ffs... enough with the chase your tail mentality.
No thank you, I just give it a miss for now.
In all honesty trying to update AAF has become more trouble then it's worth.

My feelings are, the need to update AAF everytime is unneccessary. If your sex game is functioning without an issue, then changing up AAF is not going to make it any better, since the difference is not even perceptible to the average gamer. Most of the "tweaks" tend to be mod geek stuff where an internal might have been updated. Stop freaking out just because everyone thinks they need the latest and greatest. I still use AAF 147 because it works the best with my mod list. Others are happy with different versions. When something really fantasic and innovative comes out of an AAF update, then I might download it. I am still waiting..

6 hours ago, gameforumsonly said:

quest question

I try to start new game with only AAF no other mods

after press new game it won't load into and i cannot event create character how to solve it?

I use MO2

On Moddingham, same site as AAF is hosted, there's a tool called AAF_GFV.exe which should be able to check your AAF installation and make sure you have it and its prerequisites set up correctly. For example, you say you installed "only AAF and no other mods" but did you install F4SE? Without that, AAF's scripts won't work.

For more prompt assistance, you're probably better off asking in the help channels of AAF's Discord (see the first post or file page for the invite link).

On 12/10/2022 at 7:57 PM, CoffeeHedake said:

Just an FYI:

The server responsible for sending activation emails for new users on the external forums required to download AAF is non-responsive.

I hit up the folks on the discord channel but thought it best to let the mod authors (and other folks here) know.

Can't download the mod without access to the forums, can't access the forums without activating an account, can't do that because email activation never arrives. There's  several other folks idling in the help channel that also can't get in, and can't reset their passwords.

If there's some other way to download the current version, or if anyone can download it for me, I'd be super happy.

Update:

I threw a $20 donation at the Patreon page to access the current version, and just cancelled the subscription. Hopefully that's enough to fund a more reliable email host, but Dago, if you ever need a hand with such things, shoot me a DM. Retired network engineer with 20 years in the field. If I can help financially or otherwise, more than happy to.

Thank you.

Looking at the email provider dashboard, it looks like it's working. There are no emails in the backlog and a sign-up was sent and opened just a few minutes ago.

It is a free account and has a 300 per day limit.

If it ever goes above the per day limit, those sends are not lost. They start going into a queue. So, the next day, it sends what is in the queue.

We've been using the same service for quite a long time now. We have always averaged a bit below 300 per day. But, I think there are occasionally spikes. Probably due to spammers that create temporary back-ups. In those cases, you should still get the email within 24 hours.

I'm definitely open to using another SMTP provider. Maybe there is another free one with better limits, etc. I already tried to use the site hosts email service in the beginning. But, that was very unreliable. It seemed to think everything was spam and completely blocked many outgoing emails.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nigeljf said:

There is no help for AAF I am on discord no help no help here so no AAF  The mod is dead for now.

The mod is alive and well and discord support is active.  Are you on the correct discord and did you agree to the rules section to get access?  I see no post from anyone asking for help in the last 2 hours.   Make sure you post a GFV report as per rule 14 to the #AAF_Help_NSFW channel there.  And if you don't see that channel or rule then you are in the wrong place.

23 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

The mod is alive and well and discord support is active.  Are you on the correct discord and did you agree to the rules section to get access?  I see no post from anyone asking for help in the last 2 hours.   Make sure you post a GFV report as per rule 14 to the #AAF_Help_NSFW channel there.  And if you don't see that channel or rule then you are in the wrong place.

I was on the correct discord and have been texting with them the web site to get the mod is not accepting new members

49 minutes ago, Nigeljf said:

I was on the correct discord and have been texting with them the web site to get the mod is not accepting new members

The registration on Moddingham works most of the time and is accepting new members, but the email service that is being used is a free service and gets bogged down occasionally.

You simply need to try a different email address. and hopefully at that time the email replies are functioning properly. 

Or if getting flagged as a spammer, a different email / browser / ip address (in extreme cases but usually a different email and browser does the trick)

Hello,

the AAF documentation mentions that action and morph nodes have the same structure.

I tried to apply some continuous morphs to my character (e.g. changing a morph from 0 to 1 for the duration of an animation), but the performance drop is too bad.
Figured I'd use the "steps" attribute to apply morphs in fewer steps, but I couldn't make out a difference.

Is the "steps" attribute not considered/applied for morph nodes?

Edited by tptzguntatfchfoqgy
On 1/6/2023 at 2:19 PM, tptzguntatfchfoqgy said:

Hello,

the AAF documentation mentions that action and morph nodes have the same structure.

I tried to apply some continuous morphs to my character (e.g. changing a morph from 0 to 1 for the duration of an animation), but the performance drop is too bad.
Figured I'd use the "steps" attribute to apply morphs in fewer steps, but I couldn't make out a difference.

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you, but if you are ok with using discord, you can join the AAF server and ask in the nsfw mod authoring channel there as it is more closely followed than this thread.  The invite link is in Dago's post above or in the adult guide.

On 1/3/2023 at 8:36 AM, Nigeljf said:

There is no help for AAF I am on discord no help no help here so no AAF  The mod is dead for now.

I think it's obvious that you know the mod is not dead and just barfed that out to try to get attention. You will certainly get no help from me. But, the mod is not dead.

On 1/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, tptzguntatfchfoqgy said:

Hello,

Steps should work because it uses the same code as the action class. But, maybe the lag is so bad that it's not apparent?

Unfortunately, stepping morphs was an experimental feature that just didn't end up working as hoped (due to engine performance). It might be ok for something very gradual. So, the feature is left in.

13 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Steps should work because it uses the same code as the action class. But, maybe the lag is so bad that it's not apparent?

Unfortunately, stepping morphs was an experimental feature that just didn't end up working as hoped (due to engine performance). It might be ok for something very gradual. So, the feature is left in.

Hmm, I tried a high number of steps e.g. 200 and a low number e.g. 5. My fps always dropped down to 50-60ish, from consistent 120. The morph seemed gradual either way, so there was no choppyness apart from the horrendous fps drops.
Only on the player character, not on the partner.

To be fair, I used it on a morph I made myself, on an object that gets added during animations. I thought maybe the mesh had too many verteces, so I tried simplifying it, but no difference.
I didn't try it with other morphs yet.

Here an example:

<morph id="XXX" from="-2" to="0.4" frames="560" steps="5"/>

This is for a 280 frame animation, so the morph does not loop backwards in the middle.

Either way, thank you for your time.

Edited by tptzguntatfchfoqgy

Hello there,i got a problem of AAF scan.once i updated animations and patch of fixes.I pressed the "Enter" key as usual.But i cant scan any creatures which near by me.

For the first i check the admin of AAF,it said that"racelist attribute missing from actortypecreature.xml".then i change the id="creature" to id="NPC" <actorType form="0002CB72" id="ActorTypeNPC" raceList="RaiderDog,FeralGhoulGlowing,MirelurkQueen,Gorilla,Cat, Mirelurk King,YaoGuai,FEVHound,MirelurkHunter,Radstag,FeralGhoul,RadScorpion,Stingwing,Bloatfly,Brahmin,RadRoach,Molerat,Dogmeat,Deathclaw,Bloodbug,Mirelurk,ViciousDog"/>.

Then i back to the game and there still has the same problem.So i checked every actortype.xml which mod that i activated.And there is no error in AAF admin anymore,the active of AAF's actor are mutant,human,robot.etc.

Everything seems goes well.But i still cant scan any creatures which nears by me.Only i use AAF SEU to defeated by some creatures it could play the animations.

Could anyone(teacher) help and teach me where i am wrong in all this thing.

Where or Which mod should i to fix?

For example(animation mods?/Release DLCCreature pack?/Patch of animations9.12?/AAF Creature Resources?/

Thanks for anyone who i can help me.

Posted this a couple days ago in the Technical support thread, but it looks like there is more activity here, so I figured I'd ask.

I've got a problem that is stumping me. My player - who is female - appears as a naked female until AAF is called. Then her body is swapped out with a male body. My partners - if female, are still female. No error messages. Just this awkward body issue.

I've tried numerous positions and interactions, triggered by different mods, and my female player's body is always swapped out for a male. Only my character seems to have the issue. Even solo activities result in it.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:29 PM, tptzguntatfchfoqgy said:

Here an example:

<morph id="XXX" from="-2" to="0.4" frames="560" steps="5"/>

I think I see the problem. Try adding the "time" parameter in that node (probably 560 * 33.333).

On 1/11/2023 at 4:27 AM, sirtion said:

Thanks for anyone who i can help me.

20 hours ago, dewguru said:

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Best to ask these types of questions on the discord server. There is a helpful tool there that can look at your files to catch many issues.

I'm curious what skillset you used to create the framework itself.. What is the background involved? I've been messing around with AAF and my tech level basically makes it magic, but I have a lot of time on my hands - building triggered animation stuff might be something I could get into... well my first question is my curiosity, but I'll run on a little

I would love to work on and get right things like playing a piano, petting Dogmeat, hilarious victory dances, interacting with doors and all related (terminals, etc), sitting in a burnt out car and pretending to drive it around.. ? animating an entire crowd of individual actors for a dance scene to be used in a club like area, complete with the aggressive dragging of not participants onto the floor.

anyway, i see this is probably a discord interest, but then I'm here and I have this little keyboard so, but cheers