14 minutes ago, Guerilla said:

Website moddingham.com is unaccessible if using Quad9 DNS, hopefully this gets resolved.

I'd never heard of Quad9 before, but it looks like they're claiming someone named "before.ai" (a service which claims to use behavioral analytics for predictive identification of security threats) has listed the domain for unspecified reasons: https://quad9.net/result?url=moddingham.com

If it were me, I'd be dubious about trusting some random and nebulous "authority" on something like that.

On 10/24/2022 at 4:09 AM, vaultbait said:

I'd never heard of Quad9 before, but it looks like they're claiming someone named "before.ai" (a service which claims to use behavioral analytics for predictive identification of security threats) has listed the domain for unspecified reasons: https://quad9.net/result?url=moddingham.com

If it were me, I'd be dubious about trusting some random and nebulous "authority" on something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quad9

11 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

Yes, surprisingly I'm no stranger to using a web search engine. My point was that before.ai's claims to apply behavioral prediction in order to identify sites which might distribute malware in the future seems a little too sci-fi-venture-capital-scam for me to have any real expectation of its accuracy, and Quad9's reliance on it as an indicator is the sort of thing which would make me think twice about using it for anything important at the moment.

56 minutes ago, Uncle64 said:

You missed my point

You didn’t have a point, you posted a link.

Quad9 has blocked Moddingham because before.ai listed Moddingham as suspicious.  The issue is on their end.  

Some “Safe DNS” providers like OpenDNS allow you to configure exceptions to their blocking rules in your user settings.  If Quad9 doesn’t provide such an option, then switch to a different DNS provider.

7 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

Sorry that I linked to the Wiki page for Quad9 for those that dont know what it is and wants to learn more

So much hate here

Wait, what hate? I thought we were sticking to facts. I certainly have zero emotional investment in this.

This maybe isn't the appropriate location so forgive me. Hoping it has the most eyes actually. I know you all (mod authors) get a LOT of questions, requests for help, etc. I just wanted to take a quick second to send a thank you to you, Dagobaking, and TwistedTrebla, EgoBallistic, JB, SpicyDoritos, Ulfberto, and the many more that I surely missed. The work and dedication of all of you is appreciated and admired by many of us. So anyways, carry on, and thanks again.

Hah...and a quick edit to add the supporters whom answer questions as well. Vaultbait, SgtMarge, Izzyknows, and the numerous others. Appreciate you all as well.

Edited by jrag0921
  • 2 weeks later...

is the moddingham truly the only place to get this mod, because I've attempted account creation with at least two of my emails and I haven't gotten a activation email on either of them, I've even checked junk mail

Edited by Cyphin
40 minutes ago, Cyphin said:

is the moddingham truly the only place to get this mod, because I've attempted account creation with at least two of my emails and I haven't gotten a activation email on either of them, I've even checked junk mail

Ask in the help channels on the AAF Discord, usually the site admins pay attention in there and may also make AAF temporarily available in a download channel if problems with the site are ongoing with no immediately expected resolution.

8 hours ago, Cyphin said:

You aren't the only one. I spent ALL day setting up a new slew of mods for Fallout 4 and the sexy stuff I saved for last...and I can't fucking download the one mod necessary for all the rest of it. Same thing...two different emails and no activation code

I really don't want to reinstall version 154 ...lot has changed between that and 166 I suspect.

7 hours now. No activation code is coming.

Edited by Malphias
1 hour ago, alexyjoe said:

So this has been down since saturday? and still no fix has no one got a copy of AAF they can upload to mega?

tried Moddingham with 2 seperate vpns wont load at all

In the meantime you can get it from the AAF Discord. Sharing someone else's mod without their permission is a very bad idea, and will at the very least get you banned from this message board.

15 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

In the meantime you can get it from the AAF Discord. Sharing someone else's mod without their permission is a very bad idea, and will at the very least get you banned from this message board.

The link on the discord is still just to moddingham

32 minutes ago, alexyjoe said:

The link on the discord is still just to moddingham

Yeah I've been trying for a couple months now to download it. I attempted to log in on their website to download it and it told me my account was locked because of some dumb reason and to send them an email if it was done in error. Well I never heard back from anyone, and I'm SURE it was done in error. This is getting kinda frustrating that everything is weighing on this. I like to make sure everything is up to date, but my AAF is from Sept of 2021

1 hour ago, SAMarcus said:

According to IsItDownRightNow, moddingham has been down for over a week. Maybe they forgot to pay their bills?

I am confused as to why Nexus won't mirror the newest version of this...

I'm able to get the page to load now, but like I said for whatever reason Moddingham has my account labeled as "spammer" and I don't know what else to do after sending them an email and getting no response back. It sucks because I really love AAF and all the mods that people have made to work with it. I think the reason why Nexus won't is because the mod creator wants to newer versions off of nexus, remember when a lot of modders were taking their mods off of nexus?

Edited by PanicLedisko
I wanted to respond to their second question and I didn't see it until after I hit send the first time, sorry

True, a bunch of people have yanked their mods off the Nexus site after some of the changes in the last couple years. Still, for the best possible distribution, you should always have more than one download point. Mega, FileShare, Google, etc... all have free accounts available to use as repositories and AAF isn't that big a file set.

9 hours ago, PanicLedisko said:

I'm able to get the page to load now, but like I said for whatever reason Moddingham has my account labeled as "spammer" and I don't know what else to do after sending them an email and getting no response back. It sucks because I really love AAF and all the mods that people have made to work with it. I think the reason why Nexus won't is because the mod creator wants to newer versions off of nexus, remember when a lot of modders were taking their mods off of nexus?

I JUST managed to get onto Moddingham, register, and download the 1.66 files.

As for the spammer thing, maybe you didn't get the Captcha right? Some of the pictures they use are a bit confusing so maybe you clicked it wrong? I don't know, just guessing. Could also be something else on their end due to their site being "banned from the internet" or whatever was going on. Maybe they couldn't send/receive emails until that was all cleared up and now they'll get to the backlog.

11 hours ago, SAMarcus said:

I JUST managed to get onto Moddingham, register, and download the 1.66 files.

As for the spammer thing, maybe you didn't get the Captcha right? Some of the pictures they use are a bit confusing so maybe you clicked it wrong? I don't know, just guessing. Could also be something else on their end due to their site being "banned from the internet" or whatever was going on. Maybe they couldn't send/receive emails until that was all cleared up and now they'll get to the backlog.

I was getting desperate and wanted to see how it was working.. lord I hope people don't get upset with me, so I thought maybe they have that email labeled as a spammer so I tried with a different email, different username nope immediately the captcha doesn't even come up it just says you're a spammer you're not allowed. Whenever I tried to do the whole "I forgot password" option and I type my original account info it says there isn't an account with that name or email. So then I decided okay maybe it's tied to my ip address and tried using a vpn to make the account. That was the closest I was able to making an account, the captcha actually came up, I was able to pick the things, it was like boats or hills, then it wanted me to do ANOTHER captcha after that one (and it's like theres no way I got the captcha's wrong, I thought they were pretty obvious) and then after the second one it didn't do anything I thought finally I had gotten through then nope the page like kinda refreshed and that cursed read font "You're a spammer, email us if this is an error" popped up. I'm so frustrated! I just want it for the updated AAF. I even searched through my email to double check and make sure they didn't email me a response about what to do, and I still didn't see an email response from them. Sure I get it now this looks like "spammer" mentality but I swear to god if it had just let me make the account the first time I wouldn't be doing all this! I don't understand why they have me labeled as it in the first place! I'm completely at a loss of what to do here. Which is why I finally decided to post here about it.

(Also lemme add, I forgot to turn my vpn off when I came back here and was hit with the "You're banned page" and had an absolute panic attack over it. I had no idea just how much LL meant to me until that popped up on my screen hahaha)