9 minutes ago, PanicLedisko said:

I was getting desperate and wanted to see how it was working.. lord I hope people don't get upset with me, so I thought maybe they have that email labeled as a spammer so I tried with a different email, different username nope immediately the captcha doesn't even come up it just says you're a spammer you're not allowed. Whenever I tried to do the whole "I forgot password" option and I type my original account info it says there isn't an account with that name or email. So then I decided okay maybe it's tied to my ip address and tried using a vpn to make the account. That was the closest I was able to making an account, the captcha actually came up, I was able to pick the things, it was like boats or hills, then it wanted me to do ANOTHER captcha after that one (and it's like theres no way I got the captcha's wrong, I thought they were pretty obvious) and then after the second one it didn't do anything I thought finally I had gotten through then nope the page like kinda refreshed and that cursed read font "You're a spammer, email us if this is an error" popped up. I'm so frustrated! I just want it for the updated AAF. I even searched through my email to double check and make sure they didn't email me a response about what to do, and I still didn't see an email response from them. Sure I get it now this looks like "spammer" mentality but I swear to god if it had just let me make the account the first time I wouldn't be doing all this! I don't understand why they have me labeled as it in the first place! I'm completely at a loss of what to do here. Which is why I finally decided to post here about it.

(Also lemme add, I forgot to turn my vpn off when I came back here and was hit with the "You're banned page" and had an absolute panic attack over it. I had no idea just how much LL meant to me until that popped up on my screen hahaha)

The Moddingham server admins usually hang out in the help channels on the AAF Discord (invite link is on the AAF mod page here on LL).

10 minutes ago, PanicLedisko said:

Thank you so much, I'm not well versed in discord which uh thread on there should I ask for help with this in? 

There has been a problem over the weekend with the email verification system so I'm not sure where in the process you got stuck.  But if you just join the AAF discord server and check the pin in the sfw channel there is a link for downloading AAF while the issue gets resolved.

If you find later you need to make an account, just try a different browser / email / ip if needed.  All that verification is done through Google so if you are getting flagged as spammer it's not something we can really control.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

There has been a problem over the weekend with the email verification system so I'm not sure where in the process you got stuck.  But if you just join the AAF discord server and check the pin in the sfw channel there is a link for downloading AAF while the issue gets resolved.

If you find later you need to make an account, just try a different browser / email / ip if needed.  All that verification is done through Google so if you are getting flagged as spammer it's not something we can really control.

Dude thank you so so freaking much! I can't remember when it was that I sent them an email but it was definitely like a month ago if not longer than that. I was hoping I was gonna get a copy of the email I sent them (yknow like how companies will cc your email to yourself so you have record of it) at least to my email but I can't find it anywhere. I didn't write them like in my email app I just used their contact us email (I hope that makes sense), so that's why I can't tell you when it was. I had totally forgotten about it, until I was once again trying to get my fallout 4 mod list working that I was faced with this again. Like I said I'm totally stupid when it comes to discord, I didn't even know you could click a button to see pin comments so I was just scrolling and scrolling in all the channels. I really really appreciated you telling me where to look! I've been using Opera (because I like their built in vpn), but I had the idea to try foxfire a little bit ago. I got 2 captchas and I swear I got them right, and then there's this kinda pause I thought it was finally gonna work but it "realized it was me" and said I was a spammer lol. Anyway one more time, thank you so freaking much!! Sorry for bothering yall about this!

8 hours ago, mechanicusmagos said:

Just commenting that I am having trouble creating an account on moddingham. I know you owe me nothing and I appreciate you making such an awesome mod, but I really don't see why we need another site to have to register to just for a single mod download, especially such an apparently buggy site.

The site is normally fine, but in the past 5 days there has been an issue with emails that is still being worked on.  Please join the AAF discord if you need the latest AAF version, we have a temporary link there in the aaf_help_sfw channel in the pins.  The invite link for the AAF discord is in The Guide ™️

Is there a way to "debug" AAF scenes, apart from its log? Let's say I have some configured scenes but they don't work properly, in particular there is no progression of stages and the Wizard UI shows "animating" instead of the name of the position and it only plays the first stage for the whole duration of the scene. It happens to the scenes from only one particular mod, all other scenes work fine - so I don't believe it's my AAF installation issue; the fact that it also only started happening after I updated that mod hints that it's very likely the problem is in the config there.

My AAF error logs are fine, there's nothing worthy of mention in them. So - can I somehow make AAF show what's the problem or otherwise get some debug info on the scene that will hopefully let me understand what's wrong?

On 11/19/2022 at 1:21 PM, Cyphin said:

is the moddingham truly the only place to get this mod, because I've attempted account creation with at least two of my emails and I haven't gotten a activation email on either of them, I've even checked junk mail

Sorry for the inconvenience. There was some issue with the email provider where they stopped going out. I never really did get clear information about why it happened. But, it appears that its working properly now.

On 11/22/2022 at 4:43 AM, SAMarcus said:

True, a bunch of people have yanked their mods off the Nexus site after some of the changes in the last couple years. Still, for the best possible distribution, you should always have more than one download point. Mega, FileShare, Google, etc... all have free accounts available to use as repositories and AAF isn't that big a file set.

The problem with those distribution methods is that all anyone needs to get the file is a link. Once the link is shared anywhere the users aren't having to agree to usage terms. That would defeat the purpose of leaving Nexus.

It is on my radar to possibly use discord as a host instead of the site if I can find a method to have a User Agreement gate there...

On 11/26/2022 at 8:44 AM, Operand said:

Is there a way to "debug" AAF scenes, apart from its log? Let's say I have some configured scenes but they don't work properly, in particular there is no progression of stages and the Wizard UI shows "animating" instead of the name of the position and it only plays the first stage for the whole duration of the scene. It happens to the scenes from only one particular mod, all other scenes work fine - so I don't believe it's my AAF installation issue; the fact that it also only started happening after I updated that mod hints that it's very likely the problem is in the config there.

My AAF error logs are fine, there's nothing worthy of mention in them. So - can I somehow make AAF show what's the problem or otherwise get some debug info on the scene that will hopefully let me understand what's wrong?

AAF gives errors/warnings when it detects bad input. But, there could be variations of XML that throw it off.

Have you tried bringing it up with the particular mod author?

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

AAF gives errors/warnings when it detects bad input. But, there could be variations of XML that throw it off.

Aye, they don't know why it's the case. Also I have no reason to doubt their competence because - well, things work for others or else they'd be swarmed with similar complaints. So I'm positive there's something interfering with it in my setup.

I hoped that AAF can somehow "debug" scenes, maybe show some information on what stage it executes, some timings, transitions - anything of use - in game. I have logs but those aren't showing any errors I don't otherwise have (stuff along the lines "unlimited companions framework is missing" or "some transitions were too short and were fixed"). I'm no expert in XML for AAF so I can't just "spot" things at a glance, especially because what they have in that mod seems logical and I for the life of me have no clue how to understand what can overlap / interfere / break things otherwise.

The scenes also "technically" work, the only issue is that the stages don't progress. By "work" I mean that AAF fires correct events and with correct tags on them and third-party mods see those events with correct data and can properly react on those.

Edited by Operand
16 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Sorry for the inconvenience. There was some issue with the email provider where they stopped going out. I never really did get clear information about why it happened. But, it appears that its working properly now.

The problem with those distribution methods is that all anyone needs to get the file is a link. Once the link is shared anywhere the users aren't having to agree to usage terms. That would defeat the purpose of leaving Nexus.

It is on my radar to possibly use discord as a host instead of the site if I can find a method to have a User Agreement gate there...

Google has ways of doing a gate, I don't know if it will apply to what you want, but there's a method for gating the file downloads behind a Google Docs page. Otherwise, I am pretty sure legally, if the link and/or readme explicitly states that downloading this file constitutes acceptance of the user agreement, then it does the same job as the gate. I know lots of companies do something similar as you've likely seen all over the internet. You know the ones that say, "Downloading this file means you have accepted the EULA outlined here (link to EULA)."

In the end though, it's your mod to distribute as you see fit regardless of our suggestions :P 

On 11/28/2022 at 5:54 AM, SAMarcus said:

Google has ways of doing a gate, I don't know if it will apply to what you want, but there's a method for gating the file downloads behind a Google Docs page. Otherwise, I am pretty sure legally, if the link and/or readme explicitly states that downloading this file constitutes acceptance of the user agreement, then it does the same job as the gate. I know lots of companies do something similar as you've likely seen all over the internet. You know the ones that say, "Downloading this file means you have accepted the EULA outlined here (link to EULA)."

In the end though, it's your mod to distribute as you see fit regardless of our suggestions :P 

The difference is that the companies that use that EULA acceptance strategy typically also have a large team of attorneys on salary to enforce it. I need something that is more explicit so that enforcing the terms (if/when its needed) will be easier (ie less expensive).

Just a quick question: I'm currently using version 166.0B. Will there be an update in the next couple of weeks or so? The reason I'm asking is that I only update AAF versions when I'm on a new playthrough, and each playthrough lasts a few months. Since I'm about to start a new one, I thought I should check if I should wait a while for an update before doing that, or continue with 166.0B with this new playthrough.

12 hours ago, Tanglin said:

Just a quick question: I'm currently using version 166.0B. Will there be an update in the next couple of weeks or so? The reason I'm asking is that I only update AAF versions when I'm on a new playthrough, and each playthrough lasts a few months. Since I'm about to start a new one, I thought I should check if I should wait a while for an update before doing that, or continue with 166.0B with this new playthrough.

Updating the framework after you start a save shouldn't have any impact at all.  But with that said, I don't know of a specific timetable for the next update.  There is a release candidate for those that support AAF via Patreon.  If you would rather wait until the final release I don't see why you couldn't update to it after you start.  I have not heard of anyone having a negative impact from upgrading AAF in the same save.  :)

3 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Updating the framework after you start a save shouldn't have any impact at all.  But with that said, I don't know of a specific timetable for the next update.  There is a release candidate for those that support AAF via Patreon.  If you would rather wait until the final release I don't see why you couldn't update to it after you start.  I have not heard of anyone having a negative impact from upgrading AAF in the same save.  :)

I see, thanks!

How to I add a custom race to AAF? Basically, I have horror mods such as 'Fallevil' and 'GRIM-curse'. They add custom races which change textures of actors that are based on existing skeletons e.g human/dog/feral ghoul. But when I want to use them in an animation the actor just stands there whilst my character is moving according to the animation. Do I have to change the XMLs or something to get them to work? Pls help, hopefully there is a simple way to fix this! Thanks.

10 hours ago, shivster000 said:

How to I add a custom race to AAF? Basically, I have horror mods such as 'Fallevil' and 'GRIM-curse'. They add custom races which change textures of actors that are based on existing skeletons e.g human/dog/feral ghoul. But when I want to use them in an animation the actor just stands there whilst my character is moving according to the animation. Do I have to change the XMLs or something to get them to work? Pls help, hopefully there is a simple way to fix this! Thanks.

Animations are generally made for specific "skeletons" which usually equates to races but sometimes groups of races as they may share a common skeleton for purposes of animating. Whether existing animations would be able to use those races at all will depend a lot on whether they share a skeleton with the race a particular animation was made for in the first place. That will require research on your part. If a race has a wholly new skeleton that nobody's made animations for, you're going to be out of luck unless you learn the daunting skill of creating your own animations for FO4.

Look in the animation data XMLs from any popular animation pack and you'll observe that animation entities group a gender and skeleton with an idleform for each actor involved. Take this example from Savage Cabbage's pack, which involves a female human, a super mutant and an FEV hound:

<animation id="SC-FMM-SuperMutantFEVHound-Standing01-03Doggy" frames="500">
		<actor gender="F" idleForm="2D701">
		</actor>
		<actor gender="M" skeleton="SuperMutant" idleForm="2D702">
		</actor>
		<actor gender="M" skeleton="FEVHound" idleForm="2D703">
		</actor>
	</animation>

The skeleton is missing from the first actor because it's using the default (human). The other two come from the racedata files included in AAF, but mods can add their own racedata for others as well. For more details on this topic, see the race article on the AAF wiki.

1 hour ago, N.Gamma said:

Is there a way to adjust the height of the characters in an AAF scene when a character is wearing heels and is thus positioned higher?

Unfortunately, I could not find an MCM or Holotape to make such a setting as in Skyrim, for example.

When installing HHS did you enable its AAF compatibility feature? That temporarily disables the heel height offset while AAF scenes with the actor are in progress.

39 minutes ago, ChandraArgentis said:

AAF doesn't seem to want to load scenes for me.  When I started the game, I got a notification it was installed, but any time a 'scene' would play, my character just stands there, frozen for eternity.

Check the admin log in AAF's on-screen interface. If you're stuck, you might find faster help in the AAF Discord too.

36 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Check the admin log in AAF's on-screen interface. If you're stuck, you might find faster help in the AAF Discord too.

It isn't loading an AAF on-screen interface.  Same issue on 2 computers.  AAF_V166-0_beta
The only 'interface' I've gotten from it is a notification that it loaded when I first made a character.

27 minutes ago, ChandraArgentis said:

It isn't loading an AAF on-screen interface.  Same issue on 2 computers.  AAF_V166-0_beta
The only 'interface' I've gotten from it is a notification that it loaded when I first made a character.

But you're unable to show/hide the AAF interface by pressing the Home key on your keyboard (or whatever key emits an equivalent scancode if you're using a non-USA keyboard model)?

20 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

But you're unable to show/hide the AAF interface by pressing the Home key on your keyboard (or whatever key emits an equivalent scancode if you're using a non-USA keyboard model)?

Tested.  Pressing home does bring up the menu - but only outside of a scene.  Once a scene is triggered, this menu no longer comes up.

Edited by ChandraArgentis