Names of unnamed npcs (settlers, workers, guards etc.) changes after animations. Would there be any harm if I untick the renaming option in the fomod? Fomod says it is recommended but I really don't want the names of the settlers to be changed and I can't understand what's the point of it... If anyone can assure me it is safe to untick or explain why it must be ticked in the options, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Edited by asperser14
14 minutes ago, asperser14 said:

Names of unnamed npcs (settlers, workers, guards etc.) changes after animations. Would there be any harm if I untick the renaming option in the fomod? Fomod says it is recommended but I really don't want the names of the settlers to be changed and I can't understand what's the point of it... If anyone can assure me it is safe to untick or explain why it must be ticked in the options, it'd be greatly appreciated.

You can safely disable it.  The warning about it being recommended is just a standard message from your mod manager, AAF works fine without it.

So........

AAF is no longer free? The last free version is on Nexus & it's v161.

But the patreon says v167 is out, but you can't get it unless you pay $1, $3 or $5........??

(I just came from patreon just now).

No link to a free version AFAIK. I never saw it?

:worried:

Edited by VonHelton
On 8/26/2022 at 1:41 PM, vaultbait said:

There are literally thousands of other mods than this one, just none I know of which do what this mod does. Install what mods you like, nobody's forcing you to use this (or to play the game in the first place).

Actually there is not that.

And you should consider your tone

7 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

Actually there is not that.

And you should consider your tone

Thanks for the advice. For the record, I did consider my tone, I just have very limited patience for entitled people complaining about something someone has made and offered them for free. In my language, we have an old saying: "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

Hmm. I am not entitled at all. think you have missunderstand me and English is not my native language.

I did not complain I did ask one question that had been more easy and better whit answer

NO there is not one.

Intstead you did start one rant. Telling that it is thousand of mods like this and I should do that or that.......

Read what you did ansver one more time.

And yes I dont want to create more accounts on different pages. That part cant be hard to understand!

Edited by Uncle64
8 hours ago, Uncle64 said:

Hmm. I am not entitled at all. think you have missunderstand me and English is not my native language.

I did not complain I did ask one question that had been more easy and better whit answer

NO there is not one.

Intstead you did start one rant. Telling that it is thousand of mods like this and I should do that or that.......

Read what you did ansver one more time.

And yes I dont want to create more accounts on different pages. That part cant be hard to understand!

My sincerest apologies for reading too much into your original post.

You asked (and again, I'm not entirely sure I understood the question due to the language barrier you noted) whether there are any other mods than AAF. Did you mean any other mods that do what AAF does? Or just any other mods at all? There are many other mods, of course, but I'm not aware of any other mods which do what AAF does (I'm attempting to answer both possible connotations of your question since it was unclear).

You also made a comment about not wanting to create an account on a mod download site, but you added a question mark at the end. It looked like a statement, so I'm not sure if you intended to ask something there as well, or if it was just another translation error.

Again, sorry to assume you were complaining. This support thread has been receiving frequent and far less polite complaints about the author's decision to move the mod from Nexus to Moddingham, which is unfortunate since it was Nexus's change in policy which necessitated that in the first place.

38 minutes ago, sanya56714 said:

Advanced Animation Framework, stopped working, no interface, no triggering animations, no quick scene.

Why the huge font?

Anyway, you've provided basically no detail so there's not much to go on, but check your AAF installation with the AAF_GFV.exe (game files verifier) utility on Moddingham, take a look at the AAF debug log for any startup errors, and if you need more assistance figuring those things out ask in the help channels on the AAF Discord.

17 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Почему огромный шрифт?

В любом случае, вы не предоставили практически никаких подробностей, поэтому не так много, чтобы продолжить, но проверьте установку AAF с помощью утилиты AAF_GFV.exe (проверка игровых файлов) на Moddingham, посмотрите журнал отладки AAF на наличие ошибок запуска и если вам нужна дополнительная помощь, чтобы разобраться в этих вещах, спросите в справочных каналах на AAF Discord.

I copied the name of the mod on the site, what exactly to provide, deleted the save before, after leaving the shelter, the mod reloaded and started working.

13 minutes ago, sanya56714 said:

I copied the name of the mod on the site, what exactly to provide, deleted the save before, after leaving the shelter, the mod reloaded and started working.

I can't tell if you're saying you still have a problem, or you're saying it all works fine for you now. If you're having trouble with getting AAF to work, ask in the help channels on the AAF Discord.

11 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Я не могу понять, говорите ли вы, что у вас все еще есть проблема, или вы говорите, что теперь все работает нормально. Если у вас возникли проблемы с запуском AAF, спросите в справочных каналах AAF Discord.

The problem went away with loading an old save.

Just now, sophiextime said:

Я не уверен, почему, но у меня нет меню MCM для AAF. У меня есть это для других сексуальных и несексуальных модов, но нет MCM для AAF.:(

Кто-нибудь знает, почему вообще? Я также надеялся найти/назначить горячую клавишу для меню игрового интерфейса.

press home.

1 hour ago, sophiextime said:

I not sure why but i dont have any MCM menu for AAF. I have it for oither sexual mods and non sexual mods but no MCM for AAF :(

Anyone know why at all? i was hoping to find/asign the hot key for the ingame UI menu as well.

AAF doesn't use MCM. Use a text editor (e.g. notepad.exe) to change values in the AAF_settings.ini file in your Data\AAF folder.

1 hour ago, Limbic2Node said:

Got to wonder what the point of LL or Nexus is when  we need to dl from third party sites. The point of having a central hub was to have mods under one roof and easy to find abd collab with the community, now join a discord or have another membership and patreon. meh.

LL is for generally NSFW/sexually oriented mods. Nexus is for mods whose authors don't mind having their work exploited for the profit of others (a cynical but not entirely unfounded take, granted). Moddingham is for AAF and others whose creators share its author's vision.

Why is three sites too many while two is fine?

1 hour ago, Limbic2Node said:

The point of having a central hub was to have mods under one roof and easy to find and collab with the community

Whose point? The Nexus... sure. All Modders and the end users for various games? No. People who primarily mod Bethesda games enjoy the opiate of a central hub but doesn't mean it's intentions are to primarily benefit the community. It benefits the Nexus way more than you. People who mod other games are used to having multiple sites. Digital monopolies are bad too m'kay. There is minimal difference between 2 websites and 2 discord servers. This whole all mods and mod authors under one roof thing may as well be a perpetual Telescope with a rose colored mirror. You can't even post all mods on the Nexus to begin with so of course you are going to have different places to host those mods. The point is for people to share their creativity. Not to monopolize or stifle it. Post a mod even mildly adult and comments about to have you thinking you answered the door naked to a Mormon missionary reading from the Necronomicon as a cookbook.

Hey vaultbait...hope I'm replying to you.

Three sites, no I've noticed many mod authors having multiple sites with the latest updates often away from LL/Nexus . as an example Sim Settler two has it's own page a discord a wiki, many mod authors went this way and that when Nexus changed it's policies and having to hunt some of them down becomes bothersome . Really I'm bitching about having to join site after site which I prob wont do, if on the other hand the option to DL without registering was there then I'd be alot less annoyed.

24 minutes ago, Limbic2Node said:

Hey vaultbait...hope I'm replying to you.

Three sites, no I've noticed many mod authors having multiple sites with the latest updates often away from LL/Nexus . as an example Sim Settler two has it's own page a discord a wiki, many mod authors went this way and that when Nexus changed it's policies and having to hunt some of them down becomes bothersome . Really I'm bitching about having to join site after site which I prob wont do, if on the other hand the option to DL without registering was there then I'd be alot less annoyed.

If you want to tilt at that windmill, maybe start by asking the Nexus admins for a way to download mods from there without signing up for an account. Then ask LL the same. Then maybe DIscord...

For Moddingham in particular, the author of AAF has indicated they consider the account requirement a feature, since it prevents entrepreneurial types from incorporating it into a for-profit Wabbajack or similar modpack without forcing the users to at least create an account and agree to Moddingham's terms of service first.