Site questions, comments, and suggestions

29 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Around 1AM this morning I was redirected to the home page of a law firm (XXXX) with offices in XXXXX and XXXX.  They're debt collectors.  Food for thought since that's not a 'site upgrade'.

Was a redirection error.

Please avoid (all of you) to reference their name on this site.

35 minutes ago, CPU said:

Was a redirection error.

Please avoid (all of you) to reference their name on this site.

Well now I'm curious; borderlining on suspicious.  What's happening looks more like a server downgrade than it does a software update.  But whatever, not my site/zero fucks given.

24 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Well now I'm curious; borderlining on suspicious.  What's happening looks more like a server downgrade than it does a software update.  But whatever, not my site/zero fucks given.

IPS 4.4 had a lot of problems.

Now we are on IPS 4.4.1, and looks like better.

34 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

I intended to setup a temporary maintenance notice site on another server. I neglected to set it up for https and because I was in a hurry to get something up while the site was down for an extended period. As a result, and because I set up that server 4 years ago in a stupid way, the https traffic I failed to account for redirected to the only other https setup site on the server, which was an entirely innocent and unrelated site I host on one of my servers due to a personal obligation from a long previous job for a personal friend.

There's nothing suspicious about it. Just my failure to quickly throw together a maintenance notice page while I was more worried about getting things running and a completely unrelated site being the victim of that negligence. 

2 hours ago, Ashal said:

I intended to setup a temporary maintenance notice site on another server.

Those notice page are very helpful :classic_happy: Much more than error pages or endles page loadings+timeouts.

If it is possible I would welcome them every time you are fixing stuff. ?

1 hour ago, worik said:

Those notice page are very helpful :classic_happy: Much more than error pages or endles page loadings+timeouts.

If it is possible I would welcome them every time you are fixing stuff. ?

it took 3 minutes for my like. :classic_smile:

but it's already better than yesterday. ?

5 hours ago, Ashal said:

I intended to setup a temporary maintenance notice site on another server. I neglected to set it up for https and because I was in a hurry to get something up while the site was down for an extended period. As a result, and because I set up that server 4 years ago in a stupid way, the https traffic I failed to account for redirected to the only other https setup site on the server, which was an entirely innocent and unrelated site I host on one of my servers due to a personal obligation from a long previous job for a personal friend.

There's nothing suspicious about it. Just my failure to quickly throw together a maintenance notice page while I was more worried about getting things running and a completely unrelated site being the victim of that negligence. 

Ouch!

Hope the changes help improve the situation. I can barely post on this thread.  (worrying that I will time out as the thread is submitted) Fingers crossed (for the site and the post being... well posted ;)  

5 minutes ago, Deimos said:

I know the Sites having issues at the moment but, has anyone else encountered 10-30 second wait time between page loading, and in somecases 1 minute plus wait time.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Today I did my full switch from Google (Chrome -> Brave, Google -> DuckDuckGo, GMail -> ProtonMail) and I couldn't remember my password to log back in with Brave.

I requested a password reset, but it would just give me error 504 (gateway timeout), I tried that over 20 times before giving up.

Finally, after hours of my first try, I've finally managed to reset my password.

21 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Well, I give several fucks- the site has been unusable for over a week, it is still excruciatingly slow as of 1255 hours GMT on 08 March, 2019 and it doesn't seem to be improving, despite "hopeful" comments posted. I really hope @Ashal (and whoever else is working on it) can figure out what is killing it soon. If I had any site software expertise I would volunteer to help, even though it's "not my site" either.

1 minute ago, Antioch666 said:

Is the patience related to Patreon donations!? We ARE all slowly learning from Bethesda you know... "It just works!" x)

No. It is not. Every member of LLab deserve LLab (OK, if you blame mods creators for no reason you may not deserve it.)

10 hours ago, CPU said:

Be patient.

Will do :classic_smile: I secretly hoped the update would be done. But It's good that you let us know, that work is still going on.

Let's wait a while

Spoiler

3441.jpg.f3631bda55ca68bf7866d53a0d8e38b0.jpg

Edit:

Thanks a lot for the banner/notification ..

a1.jpg.3d5e178f635dd54d23519f63cfc4e508.jpg

Now, I have enough time to compute PST to GMT ? (+2 -10,587923 x log2 (238+sin(23)) -1)  :wacko:

Sites moved to a new server now. Everything isn't going to be perfect right away however. Will still need to do some server optimizations so things may go up and down still while things get tweaked until performance is back to where it should be.

And yes, I'm aware some emoji's appear broken. Not sure if that's related or not since their images are pulled from a different site, but will look into it as I can.