Site questions, comments, and suggestions

This is sort of a rambling question, relating to cloudflare et al.

'K, I wrote two posts and both were ignored, and today I posted in "What are you doing on skyrim"

and the exact second I pressed "save" the connection was gone, and it said that cloudflare worked fine but Loverslab was unavailable.

So, reading about DDOS and something else a few days ago about getting wait messages on arrival,

I started to think I've offended a random bigwig's machine.

(Do I offend?) Am I a designated troll? Or was the connection kind of screwy at (a r o u n d) 9AM Pacific-time? 

The fact that I'm back and typing proves that the machine is forgiving.

Well, listen I don't mind sticking to just downloading, and have a nice day sirs, it hopefully wasn't anything I said.

9 minutes ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

<snip>

It's not just you, ...grumpy hamster? It seems that LL specifically has been getting hit with DDoS attacks every other day. Once I would call random. Twice in as many days smacks of something more deliberate. Have the SJWs finally abandoned the pretense of the moral high ground in their attacks? Or did the LL community offend someone petty enough who has the skill and the time to cause a DDoS attack? Someone with absolutely no life? How do you stop that which has no life?

5 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

i would assume SJWs, it fits there MO, but then there is a lot of shit going on right now:

http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&amp;color=0&amp;country=ALL&amp;list=0&amp;time=17937&amp;view=map

SJWs are massively butthurt, they have no lives if they can spend all that time whining and organizing pointless social media movements, it is the perfect MO! :classic_ohmy: /sarcasm

9 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

who has the skill and the time

"skill" ..??? ? I feel that a slightly exaggerated word for

• goto sneaky website
  • click "download funny tool"
  • click icon, enter website name
  • wank, while "funny tool" does the job and mines some bitcoins/whatevercoins on your PC while you are busy wanking

Back to site topics: after many failed login attempts I noticed that a g**gle craptcha is now required at login.

I am sure you have thought about that, before introducing it.

But I would like to question that thought again and if that thing is helping to get rid of DDoS at all? Furthermore since it is provided by one of the worst snooping parasites on this planet and LL is NOT a random cute-cat-picture-gallery! ?

I'm bit confused. I uploaded my pictures in .jpg format on my host and they are uploaded in named format. But, when I'm posting them in my blog, they are .png format. What is the problem and how to fix it?

Spoiler

2019-02-20 03_53_14-imgbox - fast, simple image host.png

Spoiler

2019-02-20 03_59_58-Submit New Blog Entry - LoversLab.png

26 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Maybe it's something with imgbox. Looking at the file sizes it almost makes me think that they are already in .PNG format as they are bigger then a .JPG file usually is.

Thanks for the answer, but it is not imgbox's fault. It hosting the pictures in the format I upload them and beside the size of the picture, there is no option to change the format of uploaded pictures. You see, when I'm taking screenshots they are taken in bmp format. Using picture editor I convert them in jpg. The editor shows converted pictures in jpg format. So as imgbox see them as jpg. When going copy/pasty from imgbox to my blog, they are npg. Very strange.

There should be a setting somewhere on steam that allows you to switch your save file format from .BMP to .PNG or other format then you can cut out that middle man stuff. It's been awhile since I did it so I'm not sure how you do it.

I have never used picture editor for converting so I'm not sure if it might be it causing it or not. The one I use mostly is paint-net which can convert stuff to many different file formats including .DDS another one that I have used some is XnConvert which has an even bigger list of file formats it can convert something to.

There is also better free camera which has a screen shot feature that'll save pictures and output them in .PNG format.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78389/?

6 hours ago, myuhinny said:

There should be a setting somewhere on steam that allows you to switch your save file format from .BMP to .PNG or other format then you can cut out that middle man stuff. It's been awhile since I did it so I'm not sure how you do it.

I have never used picture editor for converting so I'm not sure if it might be it causing it or not. The one I use mostly is paint-net which can convert stuff to many different file formats including .DDS another one that I have used some is XnConvert which has an even bigger list of file formats it can convert something to.

There is also better free camera which has a screen shot feature that'll save pictures and output them in .PNG format.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78389/?

Thanks again. :)

1. I'm using "Print Screen button" for taking screenshots since ENB's default key doubled pictures.

2. The picture converter works fine. I'm using it for years and it always odes its job correctly. I also tried few others but the result is same. So there is something that that turns jpg into png when posting pictures from host.

3. I have that mod and I tried to use its screen capturing but for some reason it takes a lot of time, almost a minute if not more to capture the picture so I quit using it.

However, thank you for being persistent to try to find the solution to my problem.

2 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

It could be a firefox thing not sure though as I use chrome. Have you tried chrome or a different browser to see if it might be being caused by firefox?

- No I haven't tried other browser. Good idea. I will try it next time. Thank you.

something is no longer true in Animated Gifs Thread!
if I want to see gifs, then there are only white flashing dashes and gray flashing surfaces instead of pictures.
the same is true in the spoilers.
It takes about 5 minutes until all gifs are open on one side and another 5 minutes for the spoiler.
It is also almost impossible to write a new post, because everything has to be open first.
I only see a spinning wait circle. :classic_laugh:

After last site maintenance, strange things happening in blog section: pictures are gray and they are blinking before opening. Opening the picture takes some time and they do not stretch from side to side any more.

1 minute ago, Elf Prince said:

After last site maintenance, strange things happening in blog section: pictures are gray and they are blinking before opening. Opening the picture takes some time and they do not stretch from side to side any more.

It is normal.

The new version of IPS waits for the full GIF to be loaded. you have a slightly blinking placeholder until the image is fully loaded.

2 minutes ago, CPU said:

It is normal.

The new version of IPS waits for the full GIF to be loaded. you have a slightly blinking placeholder until the image is fully loaded.

Thanks for the answer. But, why do they not stretch from side to side any more and what do I have to do to make it?

13 minutes ago, Elf Prince said:

Thanks for the answer. But, why do they not stretch from side to side any more and what do I have to do to make it?

Right click to the image after you place it in the post and alter the settings.

CPU200.thumb.png.d1bf0a8a7ce4d547c891a36

11 hours ago, CPU said:

Right click to the image after you place it in the post and alter the settings.

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks again, CPU. It is fixed now and everything is working fine. :)