Site questions, comments, and suggestions

7 minutes ago, Raana said:

Been getting the Cloudflare scan as well the last ~2 weeks or so myself. Didn't really think much of it at the time since I figured it was just added site security, but when I tried to go here just a couple minutes ago it straight up locked up my browser each time I tried to access the site. Weird thing is I only get the scan if I directly enter in the site address, but when I bounced through a Google search link it skipped the scan entirely.

I've had no problems direct accessing the site.

2 hours ago, Benmc20 said:

I clearly don't know what causes this... ?

Pretty sure it's privacy settings. I have a small notebook for travelling and aside from some minor (but remarkable) privacy settings it is identical to my computer @home.

observation: The lesser the privacy settings the  lesser  the delay to LL.

Unfortunate, but understandable.

I do not know what is causing uploading error 200 but it is very frequent lately although my internet connection is stable. Is there a solution for it?

Spoiler

403280019_2019-02-0805_04_13-SubmitNewBlogEntry-LoversLab.png.a099ccf309669bf88f6d6d6d840f2871.png

On 2/5/2019 at 11:14 PM, Benmc20 said:

Every day ? When I have a static IPv4 ? Or every few hours (it depends) ?

I have been two weeks the same problem.
my profile is on the Google homepage, every time I click on it the message comes, as in your case *Checking your Browser*!
It only takes a few seconds (2-5) and my page opens. :classic_smile:

On 2/7/2019 at 7:23 PM, Blaze69 said:

I've got a question about blogs.

I'm trying to organize all the random character photoshoots I've taken into a blog to keep them all in one place. I intend to make it public at some point (probably), but I want to get it all set up first and create most entries before doing it.

I have the blog set up as private (aka "only allow certain users to see it" with no users selected) and the blog entries as not published, but the "Publish Now" toggle is enabled by default and I forgot to disable it before pressing "Save" while editing one of the entries.

I tried to get it back to "Unpublished" or "Hidden" using the Hide command in the Entry Actions submenu, and now I can't seem to access the entry at all, and I get a message that reads "Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view. Error code: 2B202/1". The pics I attached still show up in my Attachment list, but I can't seem to access the blog entry itself.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? And if it's not, how can I fix it? I thought hiding it would make it invisible from the blog but would still allow me to edit or unhide it afterwards.

I also noticed the entry showed up in the "Recent Blog Entries" feed of the main page. Does this mean the entries will show up there when published even if the blog is private, or does it only show for people with access to the blog (i.e. me and nobody else in this case)? I ask because I don't want to clutter the public feed with a dozen entries when I decide to publish them (or with a random entry here and there if I forget to toggle the "Publish" switch while editing entries again :classic_wacko:).

EDIT: one more question: does deleting attachments from a post actually delete them from LL's servers?

I had to reupload some of the older images because trying to attach them through the "Use Existing Attachment" function doesn't seem to work right (probably because they were posted with the old forum software) so I had to reupload them as attachments in the blog itself. Don't want to clutter the severs with useless file uploads and duplicates, so I thought I could remove the original attachments in the first place to make up for the reuploads,, but I don't know if "deleting" them from the original posts actually deletes the file (and thus frees up server space).

Bumping this in case someone can help. It's just that it sounds like not being able to access the blog entry I hid myself is some kind of weird bug, especially seeing how the sort function for blogs include an option to show hidden entries first, which would mean they are supposed to be visible at least for the author. It would also be good to get the answer about deleting attachments if it's possible.

At least I'll contribute to the rest of the discussion by saying that I also get the Cloudflare screen the first time I load LL, be it on mobile or on desktop, but once that happens it won't show up again until I close my browser and open it again; I've got the config set up to delete all cookies on closing, so that may be the reason for it as MadMansGun said.

On the topic of blogs, and for anybody interested, seems like even if you publish the entries while the blog is private, setting it to public afterwards causes them all to show up in the Blogs tab of LL. Not sure if it happens because it simply makes them visible in the feed at the point in time when they were published and no other blog entry has currently been published since (in which case I can simply hold off on making it public until more entries show up and cover up my own ones) or because making it public causes all entries to show up at once in the feed (I which case I probably shouldn't have published so many entries in such a short time).

And BTW, if you want the blog to be private, you need to add at least one user to the authorized list. Leaving the list empty means the blog remains public, even if you select the "Only visible for these users" option. Makes sense considering the user list has "REQUIRED" written in bold red letters next to it, but thought I should mention it because I somehow missed it myself.

Yet one more question about blogs: is it normal that changing the blog settings (mainly privacy) causes the browser to lock up and take a while to respond and process the command? I tried to make the blog private again after doing the test I mentioned above, and turns out it didn't save the change so the blog feed has been cluttered with a dozen of my entries for a while now (props to @Tirloque for letting me know with their comment so I could make it private again and fix it).

On 2/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, Blaze69 said:

I'm trying to organize all the random character photoshoots I've taken into a blog to keep them all in one place. I intend to make it public at some point (probably), but I want to get it all set up first and create most entries before doing it.

I have the blog set up as private (aka "only allow certain users to see it" with no users selected) and the blog entries as not published, but the "Publish Now" toggle is enabled by default and I forgot to disable it before pressing "Save" while editing one of the entries.

I tried to get it back to "Unpublished" or "Hidden" using the Hide command in the Entry Actions submenu, and now I can't seem to access the entry at all, and I get a message that reads "Sorry, there is a problem. We could not locate the item you are trying to view. Error code: 2B202/1". The pics I attached still show up in my Attachment list, but I can't seem to access the blog entry itself.

You're welcome, Blaze.

Btw, while I answered you on PM, thought it might be good to share publicly as well :

27 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

However, there is a way to prevent an entry to show up on the main page, while still publishing it :

• Right above to the "publish now/save" button, on the left there is a menu called "publish time"
  • Just select a date one week or more before the current day, and "poof" your entry will be sorted on the second page or more of the blogs menu ?

Found out thanks to a blogger who used to gives his entries publication dates with precise numbers. The name was Ugnetcos I think, his work was quite interesting btw. The issue being that due to this, his entries were not showing up in the main page, so he had trouble getting views. ?

Since I'm at it, the site' access times seemed strangely long right during the last hour, dunno why.

Also, while this isn't important, there is a bug with reported users' presences on their profiles that runs since LL's transfer on IPB : a user who published an entry a day ago could be flagged as "last visited : october 2018" for example. Just reporting it for the sake of feedback.

I haven't had any troubles. I have been on for only 15 and jump on from time to time throughout the day.. (I am not doing heavy searching or h aving many tabs open or anything like that so don't know if there are issues with that.. you know downloads and such )

Hope that helps. I seem to be trying to access LL when it works and no troubles. I will post the first time I have a cloudfare issue :D Maybe that will help with this issue? Don't know.

1 minute ago, Alkpaz said:

Had that happen a lot too, but only while downloading other stuff or playing a game. Think LL wants to be the only website open at the time. :P

It is a DDoS attack. And a problem on the disk space.

Not sure it will end soon.

15 minutes ago, PurpleDeep said:

A DDoS through Cloudflare? How is that possible? And doesn't Cloudflare have an "I'm under attack mode?"

Not so easy to avoid a DDoS attack. CloudFlare helps but cannot avoid the problem.

I had an issue for the recent late afternoon getting on the site. I might get on it and see one page but as soon as I tried to refresh a page or something I would loose connection. I didn't need much except to check for PMs and such so I avoided attempting it so that others that really need to do stuff would possibly have a chance if there was any bandwidth etc available.

I've seen the guidelines for the forum, but are there threads or other content here which define the rules for posting and the "how to" of posting (specifically how to hide images within "reveal hidden contents", what formats to use / avoid for pictures, videos, filesize limits, etc.)?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious....

20 minutes ago, NexGenWaifu said:

I've seen the guidelines for the forum, but are there threads or other content here which define the rules for posting and the "how to" of posting (specifically how to hide images within "reveal hidden contents", what formats to use / avoid for pictures, videos, filesize limits, etc.)?

Sorry if I've missed something obvious....

These "rules" are not defined. But here some guidelines:

Always put inside spoilers the images.

Use compressed images, jpg is the favorite, but also PNG is OK (if the image is not huge), and GIFs only for animated ones. (Better WEBM for short animation.)

There are no restriction on what you can post, as soon you respect the other rule. No children, no heavy gore with real people (fake or not.)

For videos better to use webm on include Youtube links. MP4 is still accepted but limit the size of the video.

Small images can be posted directly without spoilers.

11 minutes ago, CPU said:

These "rules" are not defined. But here some guidelines:

Always put inside spoilers the images.

Use compressed images, jpg is the favorite, but also PNG is OK (if the image is not huge), and GIFs only for animated ones. (Better WEBM for short animation.)

There are no restriction on what you can post, as soon you respect the other rule. No children, no heavy gore with real people (fake or not.)

For videos better to use webm on include Youtube links. MP4 is still accepted but limit the size of the video.

Small images can be posted directly without spoilers.

Excellent; thanks for the quick reply!

- Is the forum software an off the shelf solution that I can google to learn how to use tags?  If so what is the software?

- Am I correct that "use spoiler tags" means spoiler and /spoiler inside brackets?

- I understand attaching videos is bad...what tags are associated with attaching...so I ensure I don't use them?

- When I see videos from gifycat or otherwise in screenshot thread, are these posters violating the no attaching videos rule?

- any suggestions for current preferred hosting sites for images and gifs?

Thanks again.

13 hours ago, CPU said:

It is a DDoS attack. And a problem on the disk space.

Not sure it will end soon.

So, setup Cloudflare was a strong idea for sure because this tool is especially good at this (mitigate DDoS attacks). It may be annoying for us, but don't shut it down.

1 hour ago, NexGenWaifu said:

Excellent; thanks for the quick reply!

- Is the forum software an off the shelf solution that I can google to learn how to use tags?  If so what is the software?

- Am I correct that "use spoiler tags" means spoiler and /spoiler inside brackets?

- I understand attaching videos is bad...what tags are associated with attaching...so I ensure I don't use them?

- When I see videos from gifycat or otherwise in screenshot thread, are these posters violating the no attaching videos rule?

- any suggestions for current preferred hosting sites for images and gifs?

Thanks again.

The software is IPS.

For spoilers you can use brackets or the button in the toolbar.

Depends on the content of the video.

No preferences, just avoid imgurl that blocks LLab.

Spoiler
On 12/1/2018 at 8:20 AM, Vyxenne said:

MissingLink20181130.png.dc4097a1dab0b5bcb29f6677ef10ed4a.png

I think I'm really screwed. Normally, that's a good thing, but in this case... not so much.

Time to drag out the Windows DvD and do a repair?

How is this Site related Questions, Comments and Suggestions? lol

7 hours ago, NeonTube100 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

MissingLink20181130.png.dc4097a1dab0b5bcb29f6677ef10ed4a.png

I think I'm really screwed. Normally, that's a good thing, but in this case... not so much.

Time to drag out the Windows DvD and do a repair?

How is this Site related Questions, Comments and Suggestions? lol

Well done. It only took you two and one half months to figure that out. Sadly you are wrong as what you quoted was the tail-end of a series of posts relating to a site-related question.