What's on your mind?

On 5/16/2019 at 7:54 AM, Reginald_001 said:

1) Called my headhunter today, totally fed up with my work. It's time to move on when they start demanding that you're on call 24 hrs/day and refuse to pay overtime.

2) I have a feeling (because my heart is pounding) that something very bad is going to happen soon, like today or tomorrow and I'm hoping that it's just high sugar or something. But the last time I felt like this was a day before 9/11 and I never felt like that since then.. and today I'm feeling it.. like a 'shift' of forces.. I'll assume I'm just being crazy as is usually the case and today and tomorrow are just like any other day.

3) I found out you can 'lock' items to a companion by adding the '1' bit to 'equipitem'.. which was nice.

4) Lucifer S4 was awesome and I can't wait for more.

5) I thought Marvel Agents of SHIELD was cancelled so I'd almost forgot about the show then today I saw there was a new episode.. that was a nice surprise.

6) I'm afraid that @Ernest Lemmingway might be spot on with his remark on South Park. I've never seen it as satire. Just truth, disguised as satire..

7) In fact I think we're well on our way to 'idiocracy': https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/

8 ) I hate how forums always make a ? smiley out of an 8 and a bracket.

9) I hate this forum editor in general, it's buggy as fuck on any browser that I use.

10) I know I can't stop ranting, but I think that is due to #2.

11) Last time I felt like #2 I also had my first true burnout (waking up crying and not stopping for a day).

12) Thinking about #1, #2 and #11 that feeling from #2 could also be me close to a burnout from work, which is why I went for #1.

And I'll leave it at that. :)

You have fans, headhunters hunt you.

I'm so jealous.

I am hoping you'll start a thread so narrow predators will walk by and never notice.

Me, I'm vaguely ruminating about some of the threads. "raison non d'être" was on my mind but it depressed me.

First of all it doesn't exist in english (the one without the non does).

This place, people like you (except for the avatar) are my raison d'être in this place (I play sims now, I suppose I need to get back into a sims forum),

Something meaningful, uplifting, apolitical.

Buuut Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Ah fuck it.

On 5/17/2019 at 12:01 AM, RitualClarity said:

Yea, I know.. also, don't understand why people can't use the feminine term. It baffles me to no end when people start doing that. (that comment was also on my mind.. WHY ;) )

Language changes with the wind. *drinks rum* That crisis was averted.

Although I am curious. Why not use the term actors to describe actors?

11 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Language changes with the wind. *drinks rum* That crisis was averted.

Although I am curious. Why not use the term actors to describe actors?

History. The answer is always history... and contemporary opinions.

And those opinions surrounding the word "actress" are varied. Some prefer "actor" because it's neutral and unambiguous. Within this mindset, calling someone like Kate Winslet the best actor of the 21st century would mean that she's above both male and female actors, whereas calling her the best actress would imply that she's above other female actors only, male actors not included.

Others like using "actress" specifically for female actors because the experience is fundamentally different for women in the film industry. Here, the word is like a badge of honor instead of an inferior label.

There's also the idea that the term "actress" is less respectable than the term "actor" since, for a time, the word "actress" had the connotation of "prostitute". Since, I'm assuming, most female actors would rather not be thought of as prostitutes, the word "actor" is used instead.

TL;DR: everyone has their own opinions on it, and it seems to be more of a case of personal preference than any objective statement of facts.

Oh, and if anyone wants to respond to me saying "Kate Winslet sucks!" or something, 1) I don't care about Kate Winslet, she's just the first actress I thought of; 2) you're missing the point; 3) I don't care about your opinion; 4) ummm...

2 hours ago, porkybork said:

History. The answer is always history... and contemporary opinions.

And those opinions surrounding the word "actress" are varied. Some prefer "actor" because it's neutral and unambiguous. Within this mindset, calling someone like Kate Winslet the best actor of the 21st century would mean that she's above both male and female actors, whereas calling her the best actress would imply that she's above other female actors only, male actors not included.

Others like using "actress" specifically for female actors because the experience is fundamentally different for women in the film industry. Here, the word is like a badge of honor instead of an inferior label.

There's also the idea that the term "actress" is less respectable than the term "actor" since, for a time, the word "actress" had the connotation of "prostitute". Since, I'm assuming, most female actors would rather not be thought of as prostitutes, the word "actor" is used instead.

I can see the fun in english now. It is so full of misunderstandings. How can one word be gender neutral yet mean male actor and one word being gender exclusive yet mean female actor? I shall have to study this further after some sleep. Bring it home Spock⬇️

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10055367

6 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

I can see the fun in english now. It is so full of misunderstandings. How can one word be gender neutral yet mean male actor and one word being gender exclusive yet mean female actor? I shall have to study this further after some sleep. Bring it home Spock⬇️

Reveal hidden contents

tenor.gif?itemid=10055367

Yeah, English is kind of a clusterfuck.

I realized something not too long ago- that I'm not really thrilled with modding anymore. I was so enthusiastic about it years ago when I started trying to learn things and then it just slowly faded away. It's a combination of things really, but one is that it is just too much work for me as I slowly try to put my life in order and look for other new, interesting things. Another thing is the overall toxicity of the community. I mean, modding is supposed to be about having a good time and I think many people just don't get that because they view it as more of a competition, ?"Oh, look at what I did! Aren't I fucking great!?"?. It's just another part of the rat race and that's the way it has been for as long as I've been around and it hasn't gotten any better. I just tried to ignore it. Yet another reason is that the kind of games I really love- single player rpg's that make you think- are slowly dying out it seems. I've never been a fan of games that try to be too real and mirror life because life-ain't-that-fuckin'-great tbh. IDK, maybe I'll see things differently later?

Going to the beach Friday, worried i May not have enough money, the beach house and truck is paid for though. Nervous but excited. First time doing something of this scale on my own, and it’s the first time I’ve had my SO with me on something like this. My friend is going with us. She was mad at first but I think it’ll be fun.

3 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Gundam just covered the new Batwoman trailer for The CW. The one everyone is calling out as a woke piece of shit. When I see trailers for things so woke even the people it's supposed to appeal to hate it, I can only do one thing:

?

Yeah I saw that trailer and just laughed. I give it two seasons. It will bomb the first season, but they'll give it a second because they'd rather throw away cash on a second season rather than risk having a twitter mob plus a few activist journalism sites call them sexist for maybe three days or so.

7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I realized something not too long ago- that I'm not really thrilled with modding anymore. I was so enthusiastic about it years ago when I started trying to learn things and then it just slowly faded away. It's a combination of things really, but one is that it is just too much work for me as I slowly try to put my life in order and look for other new, interesting things. Another thing is the overall toxicity of the community. I mean, modding is supposed to be about having a good time and I think many people just don't get that because they view it as more of a competition, ?"Oh, look at what I did! Aren't I fucking great!?"?. It's just another part of the rat race and that's the way it has been for as long as I've been around and it hasn't gotten any better. I just tried to ignore it. Yet another reason is that the kind of games I really love- single player rpg's that make you think- are slowly dying out it seems. I've never been a fan of games that try to be too real and mirror life because life-ain't-that-fuckin'-great tbh. IDK, maybe I'll see things differently later?

Mod for yourself.

4 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Gundam just covered the new Batwoman trailer for The CW. The one everyone is calling out as a woke piece of shit. When I see trailers for things so woke even the people it's supposed to appeal to hate it, I can only do one thing:

?

Wait, do you really not understand how positive  and strong "... until I put my strap-on on it" and "Not about to let a man take credit" (while using the shit out of that man's equipment) is?

Shame.

Shame.

*ding*

5 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

?

Fuck... WTF... hell...
WHY?
I don't understand it. There are great movies where there is a female lead. There are movies that revolve around woman that have won Oscars... There are critically acclaimed (not by those brain washed "woke" critics) for various issues/subjects taht are near and dear to SJWs.

One of my most favorite games... which by the way I don't like medieval type games is Witcher. I really like Witcher III and there is all manner of SJW triggered subjects there. One that comes to mind that I still get a smile from is when the Elf leaves and comes back  as a cross dresser... (he made clothing)  It was very well done and tasteful. There are others where main characters are bi (Ceri) as well as lesbian. (one of the Sorceresses) Characters were rich and well developed not some SJW social talking point to hit all the main themes of the day. When will the creators of the current content realize that they have to actually do some fucking work and write a story worth viewing/reading/playing? A real character that has depth and meaning?  Instead of touching on some fucking SJW talking points and leaving it at that. That doesn't serve anybody.

If CW is smart.. they will realize that what they are creating is a piece of shit that will even offend the SJW "woke" people and as a result fail

15 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Stop externalizing your sources of validation/failure.

Yeah, maybe that's a fancy way of saying, "Mod for yourself." But really, apply that to life. Pat YOURSELF on the back; the world won't validate you unless you are willing to affirm your own damn self.

This world loves winners, hates losers, and has an uncanny way of spotting the difference. Choose your team.

I sometimes send some of my music to my younger brother, we do not have a lot of contact despite many tries from my end.

I sent him whatsapps with my latest work and he replied traditionally with something like 'no time', or 'will listen later'...

Today he forwarded one of my songs, together with what can only be called enormous praise and pride, by accident back to me instead of to (whomever he was sending it to).. and now I feel weird.. why doesn't he admit that he loves me as a brother and is proud of me?

Family sucks sometimes man.. really bizar shit..

I'm feeling like an idiot. I forgot that, since my Skyrim runs in windowed mode, my AV doesn't automatically start its "gaming mode" because it doesn't detect something running in fullscreen mode. I'll be testing to see if that helps with the "black skin bug" appearing for no good reason tonight.

My random thoughts of the week:

I want a new Switch revision sooooo bad. The joycon rails on the current one are shit to the point where I can barely use it in handheld mode without the left one disconnecting. If the alleged revision has the joycons permanently attached and can still dock to the TV, then I'll trade my current one in in a heartbeat.

Square Tortino Pizzas > Circle  Tortino Pizzas

1366x768 should've died off  years ago, and any manufacturer still using it should be banned from the market.

May's not even over yet and I've already seen temperatures as high as 97* F.

There will be no way in hell I'm ever buying a phone higher than $200.

It's weird seeing girls you went to school with barely 4 years ago either pregnant, or already on their 2 or 3 child.