What's on your mind?

8 minutes ago, 27X said:

Fire, Fixate, Destroy has been the doctrine since 1916, with exceptions for stealth aviation and tanks.

Another subject on which you talk nonsense. What does 'fixate' mean in this context?  Would you care to enlighten us all as to why 1916 was this pivotal year?

13 hours ago, 27X said:

The latter as far as is known. Their nervous system is super super basic. However they react to stimuli in very animated ways, and they may react to internal stimuli in the same fashion, where it's not "i need food to live" but more that the sensation of hunger simply starts the filtering cycle automatically, without the concept of hunger or starvation in the conventional sense.

It is likely a biochemical response.  they get low on some chemical necessary for them to grow and life and it triggers a response. I don't believe organisms of that level of complexity have awareness of "hunger" "fear" or other higher level concepts.

7 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

*wishes he never brought up LOTR* :P 

What kinda irritates me is that GoT was on a 2 year hiatus and built up the "hype" all that time about how awesome the last season would be, only to be given that battle. It does not take 2 yrs to do that, I've seen large scale battles in Arrow, and are 22 episodes a season, this does not include all the CGI work in Flash, Supergirl, and Legends, with split episodes between them all (Earth X war). Maybe I'm missing something, but the production of LOTR movies was a year apart from one another, and that was over 15+yrs ago. That is/was my main quibble. You can also throw Star Trek's Deep Space Nine's final war with the Dominion in there somewhere. 

Also, those elephants/mammoths that Cersei wants better be better looking than the ones in LOTR. 

You might get your wish, but seeing how GoT went from a show about politics (usually made by adults) to a political show (usually made by children or adults with the faculties of children) good luck with that. Also, a huge chunk of this season's budget went to the actors, with the good and bad that goes with that.

I was thinking about GOT...I said to my self why evrything has to be suck actually.. But then I said ''no'' there are still good things and good movies/tv series.. But GOT totally dissapointed me as a book and lore follower..I know nothing can beat book but its compltly fuked up right now. They have opportunity to make a amazing final but they dont want to ..IDK why..Why would you do that I still cant understand you have opportunity to be a legend as a TV show..

I think I understand now..They dont care about real GOT fans they want to make happy casuals..(I mean dont get me wrong but if you only watch game of thrones and dont know anything about story behind tv show for me you are just viewer not follower of lore if you dont do any resarch and look for lore what happened before all things)

LOL IMDB 8.6 For The Long Night episode..Hoow could you like that episode do you really know anyting about GOT?

For as useful as the cavalry was in the Battle of Winterfell, they probably should have just set the horses and Dothraki horde on fire then launch them at the White Walkers with the trebuchets.

I'll amend that statement. Everyone might as well have doused themselves in oil then set themselves on fire before kamikaze charging the enemy. They might have actually been more effective since they would destroy a wight or two as well as deny the Night King any more troops to resurrect at the same time.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 11:39 PM, 27X said:

If you knew anything about american infantry doctrine you wouldn't be asking such an asinine question, but given the rest of your posts, pretty much par.

https://www.atu.edu/rotc/docs/10_fm7_8.pdf

I assume this was aimed at me.

Okey-dokey, I looked at your pdf and it doesn't mention 'fixate' in the index and there is no way I'm going to read 400-plus pages so can you explain what the word means in this context and what it has to do with 1916?

Or are you one of those people who like to throw out terse statements to make it appear that you know stuff?

Edit: It appears that 'fixate' is being used in the sense of 'focus upon'. That 400-page manual you posted:

"The primary audiences for this manual are the infantry rifle platoon leader platoon sergeant, and squad and fire team leaders; instructors in
TRADOC schools; and writers of infantry [raining literature. Secondary audiences include other infantry leaders and staff officers, service schools, and ROTC and military academy instructors." - p vi.

Hardly a publication of U.S. infantry doctrine if it is aimed primarily at platoon level. Have you actually read it or did you just do a quick google and grab the first important looking thing you found?

I'm still waiting to be informed as to why 1916 is so important. In 1916 the U.S. Army was chasing Pancho Villa. Meanwhile the Germans and French were fighting at Verdun and the Germans, French and British in the Somme Offensive.

I was wondering what the best work inspired by A Song of Ice and Fire or Berserk recently after Game of Thrones took a turn for the worse and Berserk 2016 happened.

Have any of them managed to avoid the pitfalls of the official adaptations somewhere between their first and final installments? I can't recall any of them offhand right now.

Last night the upcoming expansion for FFXIV was at the top of my head as well as some words my brother said a few days prior. He said something along the lines of games with online play depreciate in value over time, with the new expansion to FFXIV being released a couple months from now I gave the first expansion, Heavensward and the value of it now a bit of thought "Heavensward might be available for free, it was released a while ago now?" I pondered to myself. The next morning I go to check what's new and GOODNESS GRACIOUS!! Heavensward is available for free albeit for a limited time but free nonetheless.

Unfortunately for me I already had it.

What sorts of things would have been included in every TES game had that prude, Todd Howard, not taken over (even censoring The Real Barenziah in later games)? Yes, this is related to FudgeMuppet's newest video. It just reminded me of how TES changed from daring to deal with uncomfortable issues in Daggerfall and Morrowind to being as uptight and straitlaced as my grandparents by the time Oblivion came out. Thank Dog for LL. :classic_tongue:

10 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

What sorts of things would have been included in every TES game had that prude, Todd Howard, not taken over (even censoring The Real Barenziah in later games)? Yes, this is related to FudgeMuppet's newest video. It just reminded me of how TES changed from daring to deal with uncomfortable issues in Daggerfall and Morrowind to being as uptight and straitlaced as my grandparents by the time Oblivion came out. Thank Dog for LL. :classic_tongue:

I'm done asking such questions. The question for me now is: "When and who is going to be Bethesda's replacement in providing the content they are slowly abandoning in favor of becoming a blandly squeaky clean, paywall-4-mods, multiplayer only, mindlessly mainstream sack of dung?

1 minute ago, MrEsturk said:

I'm done asking such questions. The question for me now is: "When and who is going to be Bethesda's replacement in providing the content they are slowly abandoning in favor of becoming a blandly squeaky clean, paywall-4-mods, multiplayer only, mindlessly mainstream sack of dung?

Not all of us are ready to give up on TES. Even if it means sticking with Oldrim forever. I'll just pretend titles I dislike don't exist. Like I do with Episodes One through Three of Star Wars. Or Godfather III.

3 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

:3

How about D&D?

I haven't really played it yet but it looks fun as hell.

I could be

Name: Darkpig

Class: Homicidal Slut

Race: Pig

Armor: Butt Naked

Weapon: dual wielding a Magical Vibrating Dildo and Empty Booze Bottle

Level: Maximum effort

Now I just got to figure out the rest of the stats.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

:3

How about D&D?

I haven't really played it yet but it looks fun as hell.

I could be

Name: Darkpig

Class: Homicidal Slut

Race: Pig

Armor: Butt Naked

Weapon: dual wielding a Magical Vibrating Dildo and Empty Booze Bottle

Level: Maximum effort

Now I just got to figure out the rest of the stats.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Hog_Folk,_Variant_(5e_Race)

Spoiler

pigman_war_chief_by_markbulahao-d5twh2v.jpg

Spoiler

689cfdd33c97064d6de93a0afad7efc6.jpg

15 hours ago, Darkpig said:

How about D&D?

All the old WotC/Black Isle titles - ah, them were the days. But they just got dumbed down and down, culminating in NWN2 which was just a series of cut-scenes interspersed with bits where you had to have this or that character with you to progress the plot.

Anyone remember the patching clusterfuck that was NWN2?

3 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

But I hated NWN2 so much I played the first chapter, quit, and never went back

Ah, so then you will have missed the three different crafting systems - OC, XP1 and XP2. All of 'em shit. With one of them you provided the parts and the labour yet still had to pay through the nose.

I believe @Darkpig was talking about the old school D&D game.

I have been playing it a bit off an on for the past few months.. Kind of cool ;)

I did that type of shit way back ... well to long ago.. Back when it was a few pages long.. lol ;) (to give you a hint) Things have changed but still nice diversion. Never played WOW or the other games. (video games) no need to fucking patch shit with a Pen and Paper.. just erase and modify the stats.. ;)

48 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

Never played WOW or the other games.

Then you're lucky. The game used to be great. Then Activision came along and started killing it slowly. By now it's pretty much dead and Activision is looking to switch it over to mobile to wring more microtransactions out of it while they can.

Which brings me to something on my mind. A bill to regulate loot boxes and microtransactions the same way as gambling has been introduced. That's something I've actually wanted for months now. But I'm afraid the government will screw it up. I even mentioned on Thequartering's video that gaming companies might find loopholes and continue as they are now but @MrEsturk said something the Gaming Gripes thread that deserves a mention: politicians using the bill as a precedent to try and further regulate video games.

So we have to decide: which is worse? Letting these gaming companies continue on as they have or opening the doors for further regulation?

14 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

So we have to decide: which is worse? Letting these gaming companies continue on as they have or opening the doors for further regulation?

Isn't it wonderful when you're stuck with two choices, and they're both wrong? *inserts emoji of the guy headbutting a brick wall in frustration*

5 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

*inserts emoji of the guy headbutting a brick wall in frustration*

brickwall.gif.2c16016c80ab73963e70204623b20c82.gif

The best--and IMO, least likely--outcome would be the bill failing to pass but the issue's coverage causing the public finally pulling its collective head out of its ass and no longer buying into loot boxes and microtransactions. But as I have no faith in sheeple, I can't see it happening.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

I believe @Darkpig was talking about the old school D&D game.

I have been playing it a bit off an on for the past few months.. Kind of cool ;)

I did that type of shit way back ... well to long ago.. Back when it was a few pages long.. lol ;) (to give you a hint) Things have changed but still nice diversion. Never played WOW or the other games. (video games) no need to fucking patch shit with a Pen and Paper.. just erase and modify the stats.. ;)

Hit the nail on the head with this one. It was pretty revolutionary when videogames were still wearing diapers (Pong anyone?). If I know people like I think I do then it is likely people modded that pen & paper game long before modding games was popular.

46 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Then you're lucky. The game used to be great. Then Activision came along and started killing it slowly. By now it's pretty much dead and Activision is looking to switch it over to mobile to wring more microtransactions out of it while they can.

Which brings me to something on my mind. A bill to regulate loot boxes and microtransactions the same way as gambling has been introduced. That's something I've actually wanted for months now. But I'm afraid the government will screw it up. I even mentioned on Thequartering's video that gaming companies might find loopholes and continue as they are now but @MrEsturk said something the Gaming Gripes thread that deserves a mention: politicians using the bill as a precedent to try and further regulate video games.

Christian mothers tried to ban alcohol during the American Prohibition and look where that got them. If you said Crime, violence and alcohol you would be correct. I'm pretty sure those same mothers are still trying to sue Deadpool despite the fact that it was them who payed for themselves and their twerp to go see it. I'm also pretty sure our overlords at Disney are still laughing given that they own the Marvel universe and possibly ours.

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

The best--and IMO, least likely--outcome would be the bill failing to pass but the issue's coverage causing the public finally pulling its collective head out of its ass and no longer buying into loot boxes and microtransactions. But as I have no faith in sheeple, I can't see it happening.

Don't know much about that. I just know three things:

• People are good eatin
  • Sheep are good eatin
  • But sheeple sounds like dessert
26 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

Hit the nail on the head with this one. It was pretty revolutionary when videogames were still wearing diapers (Pong anyone?). If I know people like I think I do then it is likely people modded that pen & paper game long before modding games was popular. 

Yes.. modding D&D or pen and paper games is called "homebrew"...
There are so many "homebrew" options it is impossible to keep up..