What's on your mind?

2 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

Yep the signs are there. 

The estimated end of the Sun's current phase of development, after which it will swell into a red giant, either scorching or swallowing Earth, will occur around five billion years from now. However, as the Sun grows gradually hotter (over millions of years), Earth may become too hot for life as early as one billion years from now.

So that means I got time to finish my next run through Skyrim.....well  almost enough time to finish it. 

Makes me think of the nature of Skyrim itself. Skyrim exists to be a broken game. Much like the outdated idea of a people and things having a purpose Skyrim retains it's purpose in a roundabout way. Mods fix most of Skyrim's problems but mods also cause more problems for Skyrim. The question I pose is this: Will we ever finish Skyrim without us modding it till it breaks?

4 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Fine... I got one- two ppl I've talked to recently believe we're in the end times (apocalypse) and I think they're fucking crazy.

Last time I checked, we had the scheduled end of the world at least 5 times since the big one at December, 31st, 2000 ?

(Well, I think I was indeed a tiny bit dead at January, 1st)

At least they should have a proper date and the modalities of your death at hand, when they talk to you ?

8 minutes ago, worik said:

Last time I checked, we had the scheduled end of the world at least 5 times since the big one at December, 31st, 2000 ?

At least they should have a proper date and the modalities of your death at hand, when they talk to you ?

8 minutes ago, worik said:

> Maybe this will sound strange to you, but quite number of protestants in our country believes that with replacing our currency with Euro starting on 1th of January, the antichrist will soon sit on his throne and start his rule. :)

5 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

Maybe this will sound strange to you, but quite number of protestants in our country believes that with replacing our currency with Euro starting on 1th of January, the antichrist will soon sit on his throne and start his rule.

? Yea! Sure! It's totally driven by currency symbols and where the central bank has rented its building.

I guess they will be quite surprised to hear that no currency on this planet has a stored "gold" equivalent anymore. For decades ?

2 minutes ago, worik said:

? Yea! Sure! It's totally driven by currency symbols and where the central bank has rented its building.

I guess they will be quite surprised to hear that no currency on this planet has a stored "gold" equivalent anymore. For decades ?

> Well they believe that replacing all (world) currencies into one, will establish one global economy and similar ...

4 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Well they believe that replacing all (world) currencies into one, will establish one global economy and similar ...

:classic_laugh: Recommend them to read a book about macro economics. ANY book. It doesn't matter in their case. Any book could help. Even those from centuries ago.

Edit: Or to have a look in their own underpants, grocery bag or at the backside of their TV. I guarantee them a big surprise :classic_wink:

Edited by worik
2 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_laugh: Recommend them to read a book about macro economics. ANY book. It doesn't matter in their case. Any book could help. Even those from centuries ago.

> I haven't had direct discussion about that and similar subjects with them, but this is what I've heard people talking.

57 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> Maybe this will sound strange to you, but quite number of protestants in our country believes that with replacing our currency with Euro starting on 1th of January, the antichrist will soon sit on his throne and start his rule. :)

Been saying this shit for as long as there's been religion. They're just so sure that THIS TIME.... they're right!! :D

BRACE YOURSELVES! 7 THE SKY IS FALLING! Memegeneratornet Brace Yourselves!  The Sky Is Falling! - Chicken Little Screaming | Chicken Meme on ME.ME

Edited by KoolHndLuke

Anybody got experience / advice for changing your type of job (after 20 years doing it)?

I'm working in administration (back office), and most of the time I am tied to my chair.

I just want to move around more, while having an interesting job. Craftmanship is not my thing, but anything in that direction might be interesting. I was thinking of working in a warehouse (moving an organzing stuff, using a forklift and the like). Getting a master degree in that profession pays very well, so in the long run it would be a worthwhile endeavour.

Thanks in advance for your input, community.

1 hour ago, Swiftstep said:

Anybody got experience / advice for changing your type of job (after 20 years doing it)?

I'm working in administration (back office), and most of the time I am tied to my chair.

I just want to move around more, while having an interesting job. Craftmanship is not my thing, but anything in that direction might be interesting. I was thinking of working in a warehouse (moving an organzing stuff, using a forklift and the like). Getting a master degree in that profession pays very well, so in the long run it would be a worthwhile endeavour.

Thanks in advance for your input, community.

Pretty much anything in health care. First, there are shortages of most positions. Second, the pay is better than average for the work. Third, the skill transfers easily geographically so that, if you decide to move across the country, it is still easy to get a job.

Do any businesses offer 'achievements' as a work incentive?

With the recent addition of achievement addiction to society it's possible to get the incels out of the basement and into the workforce with the right 'motivation'.

While there's always been holidays, vacation, and retirement - it's obvious that companies offering a slew of useless trophies might just find the help they need.

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, zelphador23 said:

FF7's main theme pops into my brain all the time.

The world map music? That one is a good song, I like how it kind of lifts and builds through the whole song. A lot of Nobuo Uematsu's music gets stuck in my head, particularly the music from FF IV, VI, and VII.

Edited by Krolista
10 minutes ago, Krolista said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The world map music? That one is a good song, I like how it kind of lifts and builds through the whole song. A lot of Nobuo Uematsu's music gets stuck in my head, particularly the music from FF IV, VI, and VII.

Agreed, was lucky enough to go to one of the symphony tours of the FF7 Music. Sooooo good.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, zelphador23 said:

Agreed, was lucky enough to go to one of the symphony tours of the FF7 Music. Sooooo good.

Nice!

Still think FF VI has one of the best scores of any FF games.

Terra's theme (FF VI overworld theme)

Celes's theme

Epitaph

Forever Rachel

The World of Ruin Theme

Kefka's theme and Dancing Mad

Amazing what could be done with the SNES sound chip originally, and a YouTuber named sschafi1 has done symphonial remakes of quite a few of them. 

And damn that game is 28 years old...

15 minutes ago, Krolista said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Nice!

Still think FF VI has one of the best scores of any FF games.

Terra's theme (FF VI overworld theme)

Celes's theme

Epitaph

Forever Rachel

The World of Ruin Theme

Kefka's theme and Dancing Mad

Amazing what could be done with the SNES sound chip originally, and a YouTuber named sschafi1 has done symphonial remakes of quite a few of them. 

And damn that game is 28 years old...

I need to replay FFVI been a bit.