What's on your mind?

I get annoy by the statements of journalists and politicians, which sound as if they blame Russia for all the crimes and inconveniences.
Nation is created by citizens who make it meaningful, not by ideology, motives and desires of one man.
The names of humans doesn't define / say about their nature. Its about their good and evil actions!

ukraine-14.jpg

Been playing the new NFS Unbound nonstop this whole week and man it's just so good. It feels like EA listened to the fans finally and i couldn't be more happy with how the whole package turned out. Grip driving is not only viable again but is the superior way of cornering as it should be.

The graphics is crisp and fantastic, the art is awesome and stands out from every other racing game, the car noises are brilliant, the map is huge and interesting, the risk/reward system is genuinely engaging, the physics feel rewarding, the customization is top notch, the story is simple yet fun (with occasional cringe moments cause it's NFS) and the soundtrack is so much better than the past 3 games combined.

The online is also much better and playing with my friends and just laughing about on the discord VC is an absolute blast. What an amazing game, bringing back Criterion was clearly the right choice.

nfs-unbound-16-9.jpg.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.jpg.5626943754c4d1e417ef9576a37e104f.jpg

8/10 easily the best NFS game since Pro Street which was a good while ago.

14 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Right now, I am wondering if games journalists would resist the machines in a war against them or would they embrace them as kindred units pressed from the same mold but from different materials.

Oh, right, snap! I'm losing my job every time AI conjures art!

Haha right.

AI art can look really good but there's no point to art without one's soul poured in it. It's lazy if the intent is to rival the creations of those devoted to their crafts.

Sure, meaning can be found in AI generated stuff but that's just a thing we do as humans, we find inklings, semblances and other such in things that don't necessarily inherently have them. Like adding to a catalog.

3 hours ago, Idyll said:

Haha right.

AI art can look really good but there's no point to art without one's soul poured in it. It's lazy if the intent is to rival the creations of those devoted to their crafts.

Sure, meaning can be found in AI generated stuff but that's just a thing we do as humans, we find inklings, semblances and other such in things that don't necessarily inherently have them. Like adding to a catalog.

Soul? Is that what one calls it? 99% of art is regurgitated images from real life. Is that the 1%? We see creatures like chimeras created from parts of other animals. Nature does this to some degree as well creating hybrids of animals that are compatible with each other. But could there be something else as well in art? Is Bob Ross right and there are only happy little accidents? But what is the soul exactly? Is it the science lesson I forgot about in high School? Is this actually linked to the lecture about the mitochondria(AKA the powerhouse of the cell)?

I have heard being a successful artist is hard as hell anyway but I never really looked into it.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Soul? Is that what one calls it? 99% of art is regurgitated images from real life. Is that the 1%? We see creatures like chimeras created from parts of other animals. Nature does this to some degree as well creating hybrids of animals that are compatible with each other. But could there be something else as well in art?

What you seem to largely deem "Soul" to mean here is "Originality," which if taken to mean "A point of origin, the begining of something truly new." can be argued to be non-existent from all the recycling and "inspired works" throughout the world and its ages.

Personally, I believe that true originality relies on creativity itself nurtured by imagination itself developed through the mind's advancement in understanding the reality it experiences for itself no matter the truths the mind's life comes across.

As such, it is entirely possible to create truly original works though it is just as likely most won't fully understand the depth behind it and discard it as trash due to the "conjoint expertly analysis" nowadays being surface-level and history based for the most part, from what I glean.

Art can be made for many purposes though the most virtuous of all, to me, is that which is made with one's eyes set beyond the horizon, the world is crappy enough as is and needn't another turd plagiarised thus let us dream, not of ourselves nor our issues, let us create art, beautiful art, mayhaps metaphors, perhaps parables.

What I meant by "soul" was rather so referring to the process of an artist no matter what the individual's process incurs, a process most often emotional though none have to be shown. The efforts, the angst, the joy, the sadness, the gloom, the gyrate of sentiments - what an artist engulfs themself in to create, most accurately expressing and likely also depicting their art, their work, the culmination of their efforts to express what they couldn't help but express best as they did through their art.

The beautiful turmoil of a soul struggling to tell. To spell whatever it wishes to.

Besides there's nothing wrong with expressing oneself with concepts already explored for very long by others because one can have only so many takes on something and perhaps yours has just that strain of exoticity all the others lacked hence tired the concept, that streak of genius from looking at things without looking at them, like seeing, say, a banana, beyond what it is in reality.

No matter what is created nor how much its concepts have been milked, it's always possible to create greatness as long as the artist peers beyond the perceivable and cultivates their mind, from whence all true art stems.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:
  1. Is Bob Ross right and there are only happy little accidents?
  2. But what is the soul exactly?
  3. Is it the science lesson I forgot about in high School?
  4. Is this actually linked to the lecture about the mitochondria(AKA the powerhouse of the cell)?
  5. I have heard being a successful artist is hard as hell anyway but I never really looked into it.

1. Depends on the type of people and whether the environment of the individual, should the individual be of a kind enabling willful perfection, allows it.

2. Perhaps the essence of one's being, like a USB stick and the mind's the data in it, then plugged into a computer tower, the body.

3. Mayhaps the universe is inside an atom and everything is just like an infinitely zoom-in/out-able thing, like when streaming your screen on the window of your streamed screen.

4. Well the body is made of cells and if it's like a tower and the soul needs a body to transfer the data to, maybe?

5. The world is too hellbent on its past and fears its future without bettering the present all that well nor too hastily for a people progressing so rapidly technologically, something unchangeable on a global scale but who cares about the rest of the world and "going big"?

It's misguided to try to make big buck with pricelessness.

Want your art seen? Have a message to share? 

Show it to people in the streets, offer them something for a well deserved pittance for perhaps brightening their day with one of your creations - interacting with others is an art as well - don't expect going big getting your stuff setup in galleries and stuff to get more sights, fewer than the local population surrounding such buildings actually give enough of a crap about it to go in and see whatever's on display.

Art galleries, despite their accessibility and designed purpose of showing art, are actually very elitist in a way anyway.

8 hours ago, Ceerylla said:

Voicaloid isn't AI tho, it's human programming

Reveal hidden contents

image_2022-12-13_184920395.png.7ba643e28ef490a69c5aa7344ba0b8c5.png

The point is that it is a machine created of human ingenuity whose full potential is only unlocked by human guidance. AI Art is just compositing pre-existing images for now but even if it could manage the equivalent of Rorschach blots by randomly cranking out images, it would only impress the rubes for a short time until the gimmick wears off.

Even drones have not put soldiers out of work, for better or worse, as nothing quite beats human discernment in combat situations 99% of the time so drones are guided by humans rather than letting them kill autonomously. 

The reactions to this technology coming along is more entertaining than anything that it has turned out so far. People did not even notice the advancements made towards Fusion power that made recently as they have been so distracted by this new type of digital artistic tool's existence. Well, except maybe these swords. 

Spoiler

38 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

AI Art is just compositing pre-existing images for now but even if it could manage the equivalent of Rorschach blots by randomly cranking out images, it would only impress the rubes for a short time until the gimmick wears off

How would one even go about programming abstract thinking? This is one advantage humans will retain over any advanced A.I. simply because some aspects of life cannot be translated into code.

Edited by KoolHndLuke
22 hours ago, Idyll said:

What you seem to largely deem "Soul" to mean here is "Originality," which if taken to mean "A point of origin, the begining of something truly new." can be argued to be non-existent from all the recycling and "inspired works" throughout the world and its ages.

Correct. The Simpsons did it first.

Personally, I believe that true originality relies on creativity itself nurtured by imagination itself developed through the mind's advancement in understanding the reality it experiences for itself no matter the truths the mind's life comes across.

The mind still sounds like a meat grinder to me.

As such, it is entirely possible to create truly original works though it is just as likely most won't fully understand the depth behind it and discard it as trash due to the "conjoint expertly analysis" nowadays being surface-level and history based for the most part, from what I glean.

Blame stupid sexy Captain America.

Art can be made for many purposes though the most virtuous of all, to me, is that which is made with one's eyes set beyond the horizon, the world is crappy enough as is and needn't another turd plagiarised thus let us dream, not of ourselves nor our issues, let us create art, beautiful art, mayhaps metaphors, perhaps parables.

What I meant by "soul" was rather so referring to the process of an artist no matter what the individual's process incurs, a process most often emotional though none have to be shown. The efforts, the angst, the joy, the sadness, the gloom, the gyrate of sentiments - what an artist engulfs themself in to create, most accurately expressing and likely also depicting their art, their work, the culmination of their efforts to express what they couldn't help but express best as they did through their art.

The beautiful turmoil of a soul struggling to tell. To spell whatever it wishes to.

So a form of communication?

Besides there's nothing wrong with expressing oneself with concepts already explored for very long by others because one can have only so many takes on something and perhaps yours has just that strain of exoticity all the others lacked hence tired the concept, that streak of genius from looking at things without looking at them, like seeing, say, a banana, beyond what it is in reality.

No matter what is created nor how much its concepts have been milked, it's always possible to create greatness as long as the artist peers beyond the perceivable and cultivates their mind, from whence all true art stems.

You lost me.

2. Perhaps the essence of one's being, like a USB stick and the mind's the data in it, then plugged into a computer tower, the body.

The driving force of the computer outside the computer? That is terrible computer design.

3. Mayhaps the universe is inside an atom and everything is just like an infinitely zoom-in/out-able thing, like when streaming your screen on the window of your streamed screen.

Stop it you are hurting my brain.

4. Well the body is made of cells and if it's like a tower and the soul needs a body to transfer the data to, maybe?

(Brain static)

5. The world is too hellbent on its past and fears its future without bettering the present all that well nor too hastily for a people progressing so rapidly technologically, something unchangeable on a global scale but who cares about the rest of the world and "going big"?

It's misguided to try to make big buck with pricelessness.

Want your art seen? Have a message to share? 

Show it to people in the streets, offer them something for a well deserved pittance for perhaps brightening their day with one of your creations - interacting with others is an art as well - don't expect going big getting your stuff setup in galleries and stuff to get more sights, fewer than the local population surrounding such buildings actually give enough of a crap about it to go in and see whatever's on display.

Art galleries, despite their accessibility and designed purpose of showing art, are actually very elitist in a way anyway.

I do find it interesting that movies rarely do anything original these days. Probably to cut down costs and keep investors happy not that investors give a rat's ass what art is. That said I wouldn't put it past lawsuit lawyers to ruin a small artist's career whether or not said artist deserves it. The BS on Youtube is proof enough that people's content can be put down for less. We do live in a weird time. Alas if art is your passion do it.