What's on your mind?

23 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I would never lie, rather be silent and not say anything ;)

Yeah, then you're just accused of avoiding the question- which just fans the flames I find. No, better to lie and put that shit to rest for as long as possible. The trick is never, ever getting caught. ;)

Just now, KoolHndLuke said:

Yeah, then you're just accused of avoiding the question- which just fans the flames I find. No, better to lie and put that shit to rest for as long as possible. The trick is never, ever getting caught. ;)

> I agree that we disagree ;)  Even if you lie, there is no guarantee people would believe you. So, at the end, whatever you do might be interpreted wrongly. :)

6 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I agree that we disagree ;)  Even if you lie, there is no guarantee people would believe you. So, at the end, whatever you do might be interpreted wrongly. :)

So be a very good liar? :lol:

Better yet, how about never ask your partner those kinds of questions? The kind where, because they feel obligated to be truthful, you may not like the answer AT ALL!  ;)

Edited by KoolHndLuke
6 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Better yet, how about never ask your partner those kinds of questions? The kind where, because they feel obligated to be truthful, you may not like the answer AT ALL!  ;)

> Sure. It suppose to be like that, buuuuuuuut, people, especially women are very noisy. We must know everything. It is in our genes. Thank heaven for my Prince to help us to stop being like that and respect his privacy and right for keeping secrets. :)

14 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Bingo | oaklandlgbtqcenter:classic_biggrin:

And never assume you know them completely... I might add. People can change a LOT over time.

> every person have some secret. Some of them are bad but some of them are innocent; they only make their "owner" embarrassed and ashamed if reveled. My Prince has no bad secrets. Only those, innocent ones, but he appreciate we do not dig in the "forbidden" area. :) I tried to make him tell me at the beginning of our relationship, and it never ended good. He always withdrew within himself and was very silent. Now, my Ivy and I let him be :)

Edited by EvalovesEP

> I always learned from the movies how Americans save our planet from aliens (Thanos and other villains), crushed Soviet global threat, destroyed world's most powerful terrorist organizations, and so on and so on and they cannot save the world from Chinese now? :classic_ohmy: Where are captain America and Iron man when you need them?

1277392981_2021-10-2816_15_02-Jutarnjilist-USgeneraladmits_UnfortunatelyChinaisdevelopingweaponsf.png.8bbbe2b2a9f012602d304f1f27f3fba9.png

Edited by EvalovesEP
3 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

> I always learned from the movies how Americans save our planet from aliens (Thanos and other villains), crushed Soviet global threat, destroyed world's most powerful terrorist organizations, and so on and so on and they cannot save the world from Chinese now? :classic_ohmy: Where are captain America and Iron man when you need them?

1277392981_2021-10-2816_15_02-Jutarnjilist-USgeneraladmits_UnfortunatelyChinaisdevelopingweaponsf.png.8bbbe2b2a9f012602d304f1f27f3fba9.png

Maybe this?:

23 hours ago, EvalovesEP said:

Make believe, Sweetie. There ain't no superheroes to save our asses should shit hit the fan. People will die- a lot of them. :neutral:

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Is it better to work with people or against people? Society is confusing.

Work with people against other people, until other people are working against you working with people against other people, then you have to work against those people  against you working with people against other people.   Oh wait......................................

37 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> Nothing can surprise me about my country anymore. It would be odd that she wasn't involved in bribery and criminal activities.

720971647_2021-10-3011_54_45-Jutarnjilist-SixpeopledetainedintheareaofDubrovnikforbriberyandi.png.d5a4afed336d0db168b28258df0b42ac.png

It is everywhere

The Man at the Center of a Shocking U.S. Navy Scandal

Procurer, protector, supplier for all needs: Leonard Francis claims that he made himself indispensable to the U.S. Navy. Then he became the star witness in a sweeping corruption probe.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-man-at-the-center-of-a-shocking-u-s-navy-scandal-11633014000

Russia Shields Fraud-Plagued Space Agency From Foreign Scrutiny

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/07/20/russia-shields-fraud-plagued-space-agency-from-foreign-scrutiny-a74561

it is pretty easy to find other examples, though China has locked down their press pretty hard since the "election" of Winnie the Pooh.

Spending this weekend working on FO4,  Atom RPG, and Mount and Blade mods and these quotes are frustratingly funny:

The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.  (Tom Cargill)

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far the universe is winning. (Rick Cook)

Ever spend a little time reading comp.lang.c++ ? That's really the best place to learn about the number of C++ users looking for a better language.    (William Beckwith)

If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.  (Edsger Dijkstra)

C++ has it's place in the history of programming languages.  Just as Caligula has his place in the history of the Roman Empire.    (Robert Firth)

C++ in Cantonese is pronounced "C ga ga". Need I say more?    (Mark Glewwe)

Writing in C or C++ is like running a chain saw with all the safety guards removed.    (Bob Gray)

When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.    (Steve Haflich)

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. The other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.  (C.A.R. Hoare)

Fifty years of programming language research, and we end up with C++ ???    (Richard O'Keefe)

Software and cathedrals are much the same. First we build them, then we pray. (Samuel Redwine)

The evolution of languages: FORTRAN is a non-typed language. C is a weakly typed language. Ada is a strongly typed language. C++ is a strongly hyped language.    (Ron Sercely)

In C++ it's harder to shoot yourself in the foot, but when you do, you blow off your whole leg.    (Bjarne Stroustrup)

I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone.  (Bjarne Stroustrup)