What's on your mind?

19 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> You may mock me but check our position in Euro's chart of corrupcy and crime. We are among first 3 countries in Europe.

Who was mocking? I just expect that sort of statement from someone older than I am, not someone half my age. I suspect in your parent's day in Yugoslavia the free and open press were allowed to publish reports such as this?

2 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Who was mocking? I just expect that sort of statement from someone older than I am, not someone half my age. I suspect in your parent's day in Yugoslavia the free and open press were allowed to publish reports such as this?

> OK, I apologize for accusing you for mocking. I think you couldn't read such things about politicians and influential people in ex YU. They were protected and the newspapers were heavily censored. Evan the people of our parents' age admit that there was a crime in the time of their youth, but what is happening now is criminal chaos in which nobody seriously pays for his crime.

9 minutes ago, EvalovesEP said:

> OK, I apologize for accusing you for mocking. I think you couldn't read such things about politicians and influential people in ex YU. They were protected and the newspapers were heavily censored. Evan the people of our parents' age admit that there was a crime in the time of their youth, but what is happening now is criminal chaos in which nobody seriously pays for his crime.

Oh, and you're quite right. What @steelpanther24 pointed out quite correctly is that corruption is a worldwide and timeless issue. Let's hope that our free press will continue to do their job and shine the light in dark places and not simply become the mouth pieces of corrupt politicians.

2 hours ago, Psalam said:

Let's hope that our free press will continue to do their job and shine the light in dark places and not simply become the mouth pieces of corrupt politicians.

Too late...  Rather than give factual news, I figure conservatively, about 90% of the 'free press', no matter what format, is a mouthpiece for one faction or another, hyping their agenda and belittling their rivals. The television versions of the news are more like 'reality TV', not even being in the same universe as reality, and even less entertaining.

Edited by nikoli grimm
58 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

Nostradamus was full of shit.  If he was so great why the hell didn't he predict all the COVID panic stupidity?

Nostradamus' predictions were just parlor tricks. Using pre-established patterns based upon personal experience to extrapolate trends in the future is where it is at. It worked out well enough for Orwell and Huxley (even if the accuracy of their 'predictions' do not bode well for the world). 

2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Nostradamus was full of shit.  If he was so great why the hell didn't he predict all the COVID panic stupidity?

Sounds romantic. Did you meet them on the street? Did they shoot the one you love? Did they shoot some love into you? 

Most importantly what will you do now that you met them?

16 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Nostradamus' predictions were just parlor tricks. Using pre-established patterns based upon personal experience to extrapolate trends in the future is where it is at. It worked out well enough for Orwell and Huxley (even if the accuracy of their 'predictions' do not bode well for the world). 

HA HA! If you consider the vague generality of his writings, and the way some can attach so many various "meanings" to the same lines, when you think of it, he wrote the basic script for phishing scams.

9 hours ago, Jerry of the Rock said:

If I won't find a girlfriend soon, Imma become a serial killer.

Sorry, I already have my Puddin'...