2 hours ago, RedDotGecko said:

i only get this trap where this green gas is there and i equip some devices? i want that rubber doll thing

Aside from having to be level 3 there is another rule for that kind of traps: has to be container like a chest or barrel and so on. Plants or mines will never trigger special traps like doll collar.

12 hours ago, RedDotGecko said:

i only get this trap where this green gas is there and i equip some devices? i want that rubber doll thing

Skyrim 05.09.2019 20_03_09.png

I always found it buggy when too many chances were set to zero. My suggestion is to change every 0.0 to 0.5, it will reduce the chances for that weird trap (which isn't exactly anything on this list, by the way, because it looks like a trap but gives the result of a standard event. That is unless I misunderstood some other setting somewhere), and will leave more room for the doll collar to jump on you.

So I just realized that DDi and DDx got updated versions (quite late. I need to set up some kind of alert XD) and I want to patch them. But due to past experience, I am planning to start a new save when I do (I know its not supposed to be required, but my skyrim is fragile so I have risking it, and I like starting new games). But before I just go ahead and do that, I would like to know, if possible, if by any chance the next patch of DCL is also just around the corner. If so, I will patiently (and eagerly) wait.

[P.S: On a side note, can DCL in its current version use all these new devices? I have no idea how exactly the random item picker works, so I am wandering if it has "forward compatibility"]

EDIT: This is not, in any way, meant as a "hurry up" request, and I also don't ask for a "release date" or anything specific like that (leave it to big companies to set dates only so they can release 90% finished products). A vague "a few days" / "a few weeks" / "more than 2 months" (etc.) is all the answer I need. :)

But I also got another question: assuming I wish to install DDi and DDx with my current DCL version, should I uninstall DCL before making the upgrades so that the order is maintained (that these two come before DCL) or does it make no difference if I keep DCL installed and just install these two on top of it?

1 hour ago, thedarkone1234 said:

So I just realized that DDi and DDx got updated versions (quite late. I need to set up some kind of alert XD) and I want to patch them. But due to past experience, I am planning to start a new save when I do (I know its not supposed to be required, but my skyrim is fragile so I have risking it, and I like starting new games). But before I just go ahead and do that, I would like to know, if possible, if by any chance the next patch of DCL is also just around the corner. If so, I will patiently (and eagerly) wait.

[P.S: On a side note, can DCL in its current version use all these new devices? I have no idea how exactly the random item picker works, so I am wandering if it has "forward compatibility"]

EDIT: This is not, in any way, meant as a "hurry up" request, and I also don't ask for a "release date" or anything specific like that (leave it to big companies to set dates only so they can release 90% finished products). A vague "a few days" / "a few weeks" / "more than 2 months" (etc.) is all the answer I need. :)

But I also got another question: assuming I wish to install DDi and DDx with my current DCL version, should I uninstall DCL before making the upgrades so that the order is maintained (that these two come before DCL) or does it make no difference if I keep DCL installed and just install these two on top of it?

hmm the reinstall DCL or not would depend partially on how you install mods but shouldn't cause any issues to just add the new versions as is.

Using Mod Organiser(MO) maintaining proper load order and overrides is as easy as setting them up once.

not sure for other managers but I assume they are at least reasonably good at managing load order and conflicts or everyone would be using MO.

for manual installs you should be able to change the load order with LOOT or manually to what you have it as now

the only things from DDI/X that DCL conflicts with are a few textures, in a folder called CursedLoot so that should be fine if you replace them with DDX's versions, best as I can tell DDX's versions are newer anyway. If you want to be extra safe you could just backup the textures/devious/CursedLoot folder, then replace it after installing the updates.

2 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

I always found it buggy when too many chances were set to zero. My suggestion is to change every 0.0 to 0.5, it will reduce the chances for that weird trap (which isn't exactly anything on this list, by the way, because it looks like a trap but gives the result of a standard event. That is unless I misunderstood some other setting somewhere), and will leave more room for the doll collar to jump on you.

the gas that forces you to equip devices is probably the self bondage gas trap if I had to guess. I think I remember it generating a couple devices if you don't have any to equip, but that may have been something else, in any case I always care some innocuous easily escaped devices while traveling so it would have something to equip and not make things out of thin air, as that (almost?) always resulted in some sort of arm binding device.

@RedDotGecko You probably are but just incase make sure you are not only above level 3 but above the "only standard events below level [x]" setting (it defaults to one so unless you changed it, shouldn't be an issue), also can't speak for the 0's causing issues as I rarely have any that low but try as thedarkone suggests.

4 hours ago, Tenri said:

the gas that forces you to equip devices is probably the self bondage gas trap if I had to guess. I think I remember it generating a couple devices if you don't have any to equip, but that may have been something else, in any case I always care some innocuous easily escaped devices while traveling so it would have something to equip and not make things out of thin air, as that (almost?) always resulted in some sort of arm binding device.

There is a difference between the self bondage gas trap and this one: If it is the real self-bondage trap, the explosion sounds different, there is a specific text message about that, and the screen doesn't fade to black before equipping the item(s). In addition the items will always come from the inventory, and I actually think that if you don't have enough items you will simply equip less (or none). The odd trap that you experience when having too many things on 0.0 creates new items and doesn't have this text message. I think it is similar to the ordinary trap in any way, as if you checked the option to make the ordinary trap explode rather than trigger "silently".

8 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

There is a difference between the self bondage gas trap and this one: If it is the real self-bondage trap, the explosion sounds different, there is a specific text message about that, and the screen doesn't fade to black before equipping the item(s). In addition the items will always come from the inventory, and I actually think that if you don't have enough items you will simply equip less (or none). The odd trap that you experience when having too many things on 0.0 creates new items and doesn't have this text message. I think it is similar to the ordinary trap in any way, as if you checked the option to make the ordinary trap explode rather than trigger "silently".

Strange but I rarely turn even one event to 0 so I was just guessing, but I'm fairly sure I've had self bondage events create items but only when my inventory doesn't have any already in it. May have only been in previous versions though. The gas trap I remember doesn't really have an explosion or a screen fade and gives the same message as the Consequences self bondage event (i.e. it manually triggers the consequences self bondage event) it is one of the few events that are triggered by plants, so I would see it a lot when I am far enough in a playthrough to want to harvest things.

I haven't really gone for a long playthrough in a while for various reasons, current reason is I am having crashing issues that I can't seem to shake and not sure what mod is causing them, or if it is just too many heavy mods or what. Attempted reducing the load order and animation counts but somehow that's actually made the issue worse (in new games not old saves). In the process of reinstalling everything into a new MO install and will be doing some tests as I go.

Each time (well 50%) when DCUR is scanning for followers, i have a CTD. Thats allways the last thing in my log :

"[09/07/2019 - 12:56:05AM] [DCUR] Scanning for followers
[09/07/2019 - 12:56:05AM] Found 7 arousedActors
[09/07/2019 - 12:56:05AM] [DCUR] - Follower found: Abba
[09/07/2019 - 12:56:07AM] [DCUR] Currently there are 15 bound girls active.
[09/07/2019 - 12:56:07AM] slaScanner end time is ....689.859009
[09/07/2019 - 12:56:07AM] Next update in 120.000000"

Not exactly the lastline , but as 100% of my CTD have the "[DCUR] Periodical update starts" stuff at the end of the log, so statistically, thats probably the reason of the CTD.

And when i go in mcm menu and clic in debug "scan for followers" i have CTD too, although follower support is not enable.

Without follower i never have CTD. And crash start only with the last version of sexlab survival (as far as i remember), and i'm using the same version of devious follower too, but for a long time now, so i know thats not this mod.

So i think there is maybe a conflict between DCUR and survival ? There is no way to disable the scan for followers in DCUR ?

I think my main criticism of this mod so far, is the 'Shopping' quest option. Testing it after the first few runs, and the vast majority of the time my toon winds up in restraints that don't allow for any sex (when it's explicitly stated that you will be paying for items with sex). So it amounts to going to a shop keep, they have what she needs and will pay with her body, and nothing happens (to be expected with gag plus full chastity or hobble dress) or she has to visit another shop keep and then, see the initial complaint. Is this intended, or something wrong on my end, or the mod just doing its job but not really knowing what the job is (in this specific case)?

I would love to play this mod, but :

why can animals, draugr, falmer and trolls put the pc in dd ? 

why does the SL Window use nearby beds /yes /no not pop up in solification, neither the common window lets do it right here / Lets go to a more private place ?

the clients should approach the pc, with mcm for females and elders.

why no slider how long whipping ? it is too short. prison scenarion looks unfinished, 

It is a great mod, with these errors repaired it would be a joy to play it. 

I just got this mod installed (I used to have it but my hard-drive was wiped) and maybe it was a one-off issue since I haven't done too much testing yet, but after a guard sentenced me to a walk of shame, they continued to attack and kill me while I was stuck in the Straitjacket.  If this persists, is there a known cause or fix to this?  I don't think it's a mod conflict as I don't believe I have any mods that affect guards or crime.

40 minutes ago, Jord of the Rings said:

I just got this mod installed (I used to have it but my hard-drive was wiped) and maybe it was a one-off issue since I haven't done too much testing yet, but after a guard sentenced me to a walk of shame, they continued to attack and kill me while I was stuck in the Straitjacket.  If this persists, is there a known cause or fix to this?  I don't think it's a mod conflict as I don't believe I have any mods that affect guards or crime.

Make sure not to skip the guard dialogue, for whatever reason if you exit dialogue too quickly it doesn't have time to pacify them.

22 minutes ago, Tenri said:

Make sure not to skip the guard dialogue, for whatever reason if you exit dialogue too quickly it doesn't have time to pacify them.

Thank you so much!  I felt the dialogue was lasting a bit too long so I tried skipping it, and that was what the problem was. 

3 hours ago, scissors=subs said:

im having a problem where nothing is being equipped when i open chest . i set everything to 100% to make sure and nothing happens . sometimes it will spawn items in the chest but it never forces anything onto me , i know it used to do this

If you started a new game, its supposed to not do much of anything until you hit level 3

On 9/6/2019 at 9:59 AM, Tenri said:

hmm the reinstall DCL or not would depend partially on how you install mods but shouldn't cause any issues to just add the new versions as is.

Using Mod Organiser(MO) maintaining proper load order and overrides is as easy as setting them up once.

not sure for other managers but I assume they are at least reasonably good at managing load order and conflicts or everyone would be using MO.

for manual installs you should be able to change the load order with LOOT or manually to what you have it as now

the only things from DDI/X that DCL conflicts with are a few textures, in a folder called CursedLoot so that should be fine if you replace them with DDX's versions, best as I can tell DDX's versions are newer anyway. If you want to be extra safe you could just backup the textures/devious/CursedLoot folder, then replace it after installing the updates.

@RedDotGecko You probably are but just incase make sure you are not only above level 3 but above the "only standard events below level [x]" setting (it defaults to one so unless you changed it, shouldn't be an issue), also can't speak for the 0's causing issues as I rarely have any that low but try as thedarkone suggests.

ty

, it wokrs now :d

Adding more to my list of issues with the mod. Not really expecting any changes, since it's been 4 months since the last update to cursed loot. (and the mod is over 5 years old by now), just some stuff to point out that would be nice to have addressed.

(partially answering others' questions with this one) pretty much all DCUR quests block cursed loot events, as part of the mod's coding. Unfortunately, the quests are only able to be removed by either completed normally or shutting them all off at once, and some of them you might want to abandon; I felt that way with the leon quest chain, right after talking to the guy after Leon, in the beginning. Continue quest by pleasing a guy sexually, when I'm not into men (this part grosses me out), or abandon every DCUR quest? Ew. Totally a quest I'd like to disable the activation (and availability) of, without having to use the disable console command, so I don't pick it up the next time I forget what it is. Same with the bound queen, really. Could have at least made it possible to pickpocket Julius for the key near the end. The level slider needs to be able to go to 9999 so it can be shut off permanently. Or alternative routes given in the quests, for those of us who do are oriented differently (pickpocketing for bound queen, or a female to ask for a party invite for leon's quest).

On another note, one of the first quests you get is in helgen (remember that ash pile I mentioned, with the missing enable parent?), helping Chloe. There was the typos, of course, but I was wondering about something else, and came to a conclusion: she has the same issue the DD "extreme" gags do, with her hair. up until I unchecked "skip mipmaps" or whatever the setting was, she had splotchy incomplete texturing on her hair, because I can't run high textures.

Speaking of content I wanted to disable, I shut off the prison override early on. Guess what I found out unintentionally? The prison is below bleakwind basin. How I found out? The guards somehow decided to be at bleakwind basin with some prisoners, instead of where they were supposed to be.  I found out the hard way when I  tried killing the one that murdered my slave, who was cowering in fear and running from them, and I was hit with the event that would have happened in the prison. Also, under follower support, the armbinder option is ignored and followers get put in armbinders anyway, for some reason. Same with theme.

And before I forget, those bound girls...when they are loaded, their restraints display messageboxes unless that setting is disabled. Hope there are plans to address that. I also noticed that my game stability went downhill when I left them enabled...and even disabled, I ended up having to use disable and markfordelete quite a bit. Not sure what went screwy, but if they died the game crashed. More evidence of papyrus overload I guess?

Anyway, besides all that stuff, there are some minor issues to fix still with the mod, in the form of typos. ARMO:xx0D2C76 "Imrproved Rubber Gloves of the Thief", being one.  The two balloon hoods could use their colors being indicated in their names since they have the same inventory model and name, as one is pink and one is black. then there's the quest text for chloe "wimpering" needing to be "whimpering". the whip Leah has in her inventory (that free to recruit follower with light armor roughly equivalent to daedric >.>) for some reason isn't loading the inventory image properly. ARMO:xx0691F4 should have (Open Face) appended to it (currently is just Rubber Hood). also, inconsequential: one of the dollmaker shop containers has 10 black ebonite panel gag script instances in it, instead of an actual inventory item.

I also can't seem to find the option to disable darepacks dropping in loot. I made a personal patch to disable the masses of free items in helgen, since giving away free armor that's worth a lot and has superior stats to most armor you get, especially so early, is irritating to me. And darepacks for some reason always give me 3 of one the overpowered armor pieces, despite it being coded to be a 15% chance to do so...

I used to like the mod a lot, but I'm honestly at the point where I basically only want to keep a few things from the mod: the balloon hoods for my elves (hide ears when other hoods don't), the occasional very rare trap for fun, provided there are no slopes to get caught on, Frigid Wash (which should really have a recipe to craft it. maybe frostbite venom, cure disease potion, honey and salt) to kill arousal every now and then, and Chloe who is both cute and useful in a fight, on top of requiring a tiiiiny bit of work to get her and not having free overpowered items.

Wow, this post got bigger than  Ithought it would...

After the fact edit: Supply and demand, stage 10 display text: "Go to Rfiten and talk to Vekel" more typo!

@Khe So many good points, it get the feeling you may have a little lower than average specs computer, which is not a bad thing considering it highlights some script inefficiencies.

1) Do we really need alternate gender npc paths for Leon's quest? There are so many other things Kimy could work on, new content for DCL or DD and so on. You get male sex all the time anyway in this game unless you have a mod that turns all male into female.

2) Thanks for giving yet another example for the texture mipmap skip, i always wondered why the hair looks so bad and haven't tried without the skip yet. Maybe the tool used to save or optimize DDS is faulty (or badly configured)?

3) Not encountered Bleakwind Basin thing you mentioned, but there's a more hilarious event with the prison. When you do the civil war in Whiterun, some of the bound slaves and guards appear on Whiterun streets :D

4) I'm guessing some sell prices are high because they are sold by Dollmaker, and mods can't distinct sell price from buy price, they are same thing. Still i feel most of the items could be set much lower than they are, especially the random loot box (2500g).. what was it called again... Buying restraints should be encouraged more maybe, not having high paywall, even if you are just a poor low level.

yeah, my lappy is kinda old. still runs mostly well. I basically don't have any sex events going on except occasionally with my girls (and that's girl on girl playtime, after some time in restraints). having an alternate path for the quest would definitely be nice. or just having the option to individually stop and disable the quests. I already gave a pretty decent example of an alternate route for the bound queen, which would solve that particular problem (pickpocket him for shiny). I do like having DD/DDX shiny added, but don't feel like some of the  issues with older content should be ignored. Too many game devs and modders release stuff without fixing bugs, and it's saddening: I want to be able to enjoy the content on my own terms, not have to use gimmicky workarounds. As for the prison npcs...where do you think they came from? They walked to bleakwind basin from whiterun, based on where they were walking when I saw them. Haven't even done the civil war quests.

As for sell prices, that's a simple one: base item value + enchantment value. both are pretty high. the rando loot box you speak of is the D.A.M.N Surprise box, the bought counterpart to the darepack.

With a lot of my points, I have my personal patch to fix, especially the typos. I'd added a frigid wash recipe (basically what I listed), turned the lootboxes into vendor trash items ("Item disabled due to anti-gambling laws" as a joke desc), but I can't do anything about Chloe's hair except the one ini setting, and to deal with BQ and leon I ended up just disabling the npcs and setting BQ's slider to 100. I teleported the prison npcs back to their prison, though I keep having to teleport Rachel back which is irritating. she keeps showing up at the whiterun gates. As I said earlier, the bound girls I've had to use disable and markfordelete to keep them from crashing me when a random dragon decides to stop by...

script inefficiencies in SLE more crippling than they are in SSE. I know that DD adds a fair bit of overhead, especially on npcs, and the game is finicky enough at/after loading 'walls' without 'help' which makes it that much worse. I guess that's why so many modders are jumping on SSE?