Site Feedback

1 hour ago, NCK30 said:

Just deleted about 300 large attachments ranging from 225 mb to 45 mb.

I can see a noticeable difference in loading times.

I would advise other members to delete unwanted large attachments. You will notice the difference. I guarantee it!!!

i got mine down to one page

to anyone else reading go here to find/delete any unnecessary crap you may have

https://www.loverslab.com/attachments/

i found a bunch of stuff from deleted inbox messages in there.

Edited by MadMansGun
1 hour ago, Psalam said:

I think that you're safe - at least for now:

However, I'll note subscribers and contributors remain immune to this new limit and maintain unlimited storage - so long as it isn't abused. - Ashal

I updated their account to subscriber so they'd have the storage space to handle their blog.

Attachment abuse is a problem, but I'm mainly looking to restrict attachment abuse primarily from people abusing the storage space for private messages and "screenshot" threads. I'm not looking to interrupt people maintaining relevant and trafficked blogs. So, I am willing to give them free subscriber status so they can maintain their blogs' videos. Though it'd be preferable, they move to webm or externally hosted videos in the future to save space.

3 minutes ago, Ashal said:

I updated their account to subscriber so they'd have the storage space to handle their blog.

Attachment abuse is a problem, but I'm mainly looking to restrict attachment abuse primarily from people abusing the storage space for private messages and "screenshot" threads. I'm not looking to interrupt people maintaining relevant and trafficked blogs. So, I am willing to give them free subscriber status so they can maintain their blogs' videos. Though it'd be preferable, they move to webm or externally hosted videos in the future to save space.

My Blog will not be expanded. I consider the public Blog finished. It is there for new and current users to see previews of my animations.

Only thing I will be adding is an occasional new small video for my members in the Club. Maybe some pics in the "Post You Sex Screenshots" once in a while.

Also, here's a quick site status update: I recently purchased a new file storage server that should double the site's available storage and alleviate some of the bandwidth problems. Hopefully, I'll have it set up and ready by next weekend. I can't really afford this additional server right now, though, to be honest, it adds an extra $350/month to my costs for running the site that I don't have. But I bought it anyway, in hopes that it'll help speed up the site overall and, in turn, maybe improve ad revenue and subscribestar enough to make up for it.

I'm aware of how poorly the site has been running lately. So, I'm hoping these infrastructure investments will pay off in the long run, even though I really can't afford them right now.

Ashal, could you please create an alternative way of supporting LoversLab, besides Subscribestar? I want to continue supporting, but I can't now since I don't have a credit card. Maybe there is a way to create a paypall account where us creditcardless can donate?

31 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Ashal, could you please create an alternative way of supporting LoversLab, besides Subscribestar? I want to continue supporting, but I can't now since I don't have a credit card. Maybe there is a way to create a paypall account where us creditcardless can donate?

paypall is a bad idea, it has all the same issues as patreon, many years ago they locked furaffinity's support account and stole somewhere around $2000 from it.

just get a prepay/travel credit card.

35 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

paypall is a bad idea, it has all the same issues as patreon, many years ago they locked furaffinity's support account and stole somewhere around $2000 from it.

just get a prepay/travel credit card.

Wow, that is ridiculous! OK, so Paypall is not an option. Unfortunately I can't get ANY kind of credit card. I guess I can't continue to support for now then :(

5 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Wow, that is ridiculous! OK, so Paypall is not an option. Unfortunately I can't get ANY kind of credit card. I guess I can't continue to support for now then :(

You may not be familiar with what @MadMansGun is suggesting. Anywhere you can but a gift card (like to a restaurant or for Steam) you can buy a prepaid credit card. Since the amount is paid at the time of purchase it is absolutely independent of your credit score/history. You can find them at big box stores like WalMart and grocery stores like Kroger for example.

22 minutes ago, Psalam said:

You may not be familiar with what @MadMansGun is suggesting. Anywhere you can but a gift card (like to a restaurant or for Steam) you can buy a prepaid credit card. Since the amount is paid at the time of purchase it is absolutely independent of your credit score/history. You can find them at big box stores like WalMart and grocery stores like Kroger for example.

some banks also provide them directly, the card i use basically just acts like a second account on there website and i can reload it directly from my account when needed.

they usually don't care about credit scores for them because no cash = unusable card. so they are also a good way to avoid getting into debt in the first place.

13 hours ago, Psalam said:

12 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

some banks also provide them directly, the card i use basically just acts like a second account on there website and i can reload it directly from my account when needed.

they usually don't care about credit scores for them because no cash = unusable card. so they are also a good way to avoid getting into debt in the first place.

That may be true in the US, but I can definitely tell you that you won't find such cards in any store in Germany. At least I have never seen them in any European country, but there I'm not that sure.

4 hours ago, Mister X said:

That may be true in the US, but I can definitely tell you that you won't find such cards in any store in Germany. At least I have never seen them in any European country, but there I'm not that sure.

Nor in the Netherlands. We just have "regular" credit cards, with base rule and fees, which I just can't afford the days.

20 hours ago, Mister X said:

> We don't have them either.

On 4/28/2024 at 11:53 AM, Mister X said:

We used to have them in the UK but I've not seen any around for some years now

On 4/27/2024 at 1:05 PM, MadMansGun said:

i got mine down to one page

As MadMansGun is saying. LoversLab is so SLOWWWW after 14.00 in Denmark.

Please people. Clean your attachments. I just did it. But it has no effect if only 2 people clean.

I also had attachments to PM's that no longer exists. Please make it a priority. New uploads will fail all the time with this speed.

I deleted 2500 attachments from all back to 2019. Multiply that with thousands of users. Well no need to do the math.

On 4/27/2024 at 7:05 AM, MadMansGun said:

As MadMansGun noted, attachments on deleted inbox messages remain in the system.  I found large attachments on messages that I'd deleted years ago.  I've manually deleted them, but probably not many people are going to read about this and bother to take action.  However, this knowledge might be useful to @Ashal.  If attachments on deleted PMs can be deleted at the time the message is deleted, or at least purged after a reasonable aging period, that might free up quite a bit of storage and spare Ashal's budget from ever-increasing storage needs.

1 hour ago, NCK30 said:

Please people. Clean your attachments. I just did it. But it has no effect if only 2 people clean.

I also had attachments to PM's that no longer exists. Please make it a priority. New uploads will fail all the time with this speed.

I deleted 2500 attachments from all back to 2019. Multiply that with thousands of users. Well no need to do the math.

34 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

As MadMansGun noted, attachments on deleted inbox messages remain in the system.  I found large attachments on messages that I'd deleted years ago.  I've manually deleted them, but probably not many people are going to read about this and bother to take action.

Yup, you are right. People could also start using spoilers to hide their damn ultra 8k image photoshoots just to let us know that they can compete with nasa, just saying.

Spoiler

this thing

11 minutes ago, サマエル said:

Yup, you are right. People could also start using spoilers to hide their damn ultra 8k image photoshoots just to let us know that they can compete with nasa, just saying.

Reveal hidden contents

this thing

Yeah Spoilers when showing more than 2 pics would be great too.

Maybe delete the "Post Your Sex Screenshots" thread and start over.

Currently 789 pages with 30+ pics on every page. Has been done several times before.

When I deleted my attachments I downloaded backups for my best pics on my HDD. If You really want to keep the pics then just do this.

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

As MadMansGun noted, attachments on deleted inbox messages remain in the system.  I found large attachments on messages that I'd deleted years ago.  I've manually deleted them, but probably not many people are going to read about this and bother to take action.  However, this knowledge might be useful to @Ashal.  If attachments on deleted PMs can be deleted at the time the message is deleted, or at least purged after a reasonable aging period, that might free up quite a bit of storage and spare Ashal's budget from ever-increasing storage needs.

Yeah I was taking a look at the attachments page MadmansGun linked a few days ago and noticed at least half of mine were from deleted content (not just inbox messages but also posts, blog entries, etc) but seemingly still in the system. Manually axed them all.

57 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

If this deleting of attachments etc is so critical then why hasn't Ashal or whoever issued a site-wide notification asking peeps to do it? Meanwhile we can have DRAMA!

Common sense would tell us that no site can continue on taking GB or TB of data. I wondered that myself.

We apparantly have reached the limit.

It is not proper that Ashal needs to buy a new server to accomodate us users. At no small expense mind You.

Better that we learn how to conduct ourselves and avoid these issues in the future. 

1 hour ago, NCK30 said:

Common sense would tell us that no site can continue on taking GB or TB of data. I wondered that myself.

We apparantly have reached the limit.

It is not proper that Ashal needs to buy a new server to accomodate us users. At no small expense mind You.

Better that we learn how to conduct ourselves and avoid these issues in the future. 

I tend to disagree on principle. Unless there is a rule or limit imposed on the users, de facto there is no limit for the users. It is up to the owners/administrators to impose such a limit if it is needed.

This is a modding site. It should be expected, even encouraged for it to grow over time. The only real solution would be to eliminate file uploads/downloads entirely, at which point it stops becoming a modding site and instead reverts to a modding forum. Bottom line: the storage needs of the site will continue to grow in perpetuity. The only real solution to this (assuming it is considered a "problem", which imo it is not) is to eliminate uploads to the site. Unfortunately that would remove a core feature/function, and most people except for a few of us who have been around a long time, will stop using or visiting Loverslab.

EDIT: I just noticed that the "max total size" for post attachments is 19.3 GIGABYTES. WTF? That should change lol. Maybe 100mb or something.

Edited by MysticDaedra
34 minutes ago, MysticDaedra said:

just noticed that the "max total size" for post attachments is 19.3 GIGABYTES. WTF? That should change lol. Maybe 100mb or something.

I think that is the amount of the 20GB max allowance you have left. I have 18.04GB having used up 1.95GB. Use the link posted by MMG and you will see the percentage you have used and files you have accumulated.

I have 115 pages worth of images at 25 images per page. This means 2,875 images but is only 1.95GB because I only post jpegs.

1 hour ago, NCK30 said:

Common sense would tell us that no site can continue on taking GB or TB of data.

But that is a different issue. Files just sat sitting there on hard drives don't slow down the site.

All of this is just reinforcing my earlier point. Either we have something from Ashal or whoever or we have all this speculation and drama from people who think they understand the problem and are in a position to proffer solutions. Dunning-Kruger Effect for the win.

The storage space issue is different from the performance issue. Both are problems at the moment, but to different degrees. The hope at the moment is that the new file server, which should be set up sometime this week, will help solve both issues, as it'll double the amount of storage space while also taking some of the traffic load off the current servers.

On 4/28/2024 at 11:53 AM, Mister X said:

On 4/28/2024 at 4:52 PM, ButchDiavolo said:

Nor in the Netherlands. We just have "regular" credit cards, with base rule and fees, which I just can't afford the days.

15 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

> We don't have them either.

10 hours ago, Slorm said:

We used to have them in the UK but I've not seen any around for some years now

I'm surprised bank accounts work so differently elsewhere in the world, my UK account with Barclays comes with a debit card (money removed at time of transaction) which works with subscribestar so no need for a credit card (money gets added to a bill you need to pay later) so it seems odd peeps have an issue

Guess you peeps still use cash when you go buy stuff from shops

18 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

I'm surprised bank accounts work so differently elsewhere in the world, my UK account with Barclays comes with a debit card (money removed at time of transaction) which works with subscribestar so no need for a credit card (money gets added to a bill you need to pay later) so it seems odd peeps have an issue

Guess you peeps still use cash when you go buy stuff from shops

> I use more of my credit card since I work a lot and have no time to shop. But when I go shopping I mostly pay with my credit card.