Site Feedback

10 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Just chiming in to say that the site is working amazingly again. Thank you Ashal and crew for fixing things.

Just came to say the same thing. This new hamster is really working its socks off.

• 2 weeks later...

Blogs section i never existed until a week ago i can't seem to find a game category page for blogs, people seem to post really interesting stuff there but finding the stuff you are looking for is a bit Hassel 

I have a question about this rule.

We are a free and open community; members requiring payment for mods, support, or putting anything behind a paywall will be removed without warning. Donation buttons/links to support an author is fine, so long as nothing is promised, given, or rewarded other than a sense of satisfaction for supporting an author or owner of content. 

Does this include members that stopped updating their files but still link to their patreon where everything, incl updates of the files they have on LL, is for paying members only?

For concept:

There is a member that stopped upload their content about 2 years ago and instead have all their sims 4 mods/cc created after that date locked on their patreon. They are still linking their patreon on their profile and the old stuffs that remain on LL. But if you go to their patreon, ALL their mods/CC from the past 2 years are locked. Membership might only be $1, but from my understanding, it is against sims ToS to have sims mods/cc locked behind a paywall/patreon membership for more than a month. Their things still works but have only been updated for paying patreons. They claimed on a unlocked patreon post (still need to pay to comment though), that they HAVE to do this bc of program costs etc, which to me sounds like bullocks. One patreon member had also comment that they had to cancel their membership bc they got flagged by EA for using stolen stuffs. I guess they ment the mods/cc as they commented it on that patreon post which listed all cc/mods of the patreon owner.

9 hours ago, NekoboyGames said:

I have a question about this rule.

Does this include members that stopped updating their files but still link to their patreon where everything, incl updates of the files they have on LL, is for paying members only?

For concept:

There is a member that stopped upload their content about 2 years ago and instead have all their sims 4 mods/cc created after that date locked on their patreon. They are still linking their patreon on their profile and the old stuffs that remain on LL. But if you go to their patreon, ALL their mods/CC from the past 2 years are locked. Membership might only be $1, but from my understanding, it is against sims ToS to have sims mods/cc locked behind a paywall/patreon membership for more than a month. Their things still works but have only been updated for paying patreons. They claimed on a unlocked patreon post (still need to pay to comment though), that they HAVE to do this bc of program costs etc, which to me sounds like bullocks. One patreon member had also comment that they had to cancel their membership bc they got flagged by EA for using stolen stuffs. I guess they ment the mods/cc as they commented it on that patreon post which listed all cc/mods of the patreon owner.

The rule is pretty outdated and was written well before Patreon was really established in the way people use it now. I've been wanting to update it to better reflect how we've been trying to moderate such things lately, but I'm not entirely confident we've clearly nailed down our policy on it internally. I hate to admit it, but a lot of how we've been policing paid content the past couple of years has mostly just come down to how we subjectively feel about what's presented and whether or not it comes off as misleading, rather than anything objective.

What I can say for sure, though, is that we don't like or allow purely paid content advertising. If somebody makes a download page on loverslab for a Sim, for example, and the download button just links to a paid post on Patreon and there is no way to get it without subscribing to their Patreon, that's just using us as free advertising, and we'll remove anything like that we come across in moderator reports. We really rely on user reports for that, though, as the sheer number of mods that are uploaded and updated makes it impossible for the few staff members to catch such cases on our own.

But as long as actual free, useable content is being uploaded, there's some semblance of effort behind it, and there are no misleading paywalls in the way of using something provided on the site, we aren't typically going to get too up in arms about Patreon link being included in the post. So long as the content being provided free on LoversLab remains the focus of the post on LoversLab. If they are additionally doing paid-only content on the Patreon, I don't really consider that our business until the paid content becomes the sole focus of a post on LoversLab, but we'll tolerate at least a bit of "Support me on Patreon for additional content"-type stuff in a post that is providing something freely accessible.

Not sure that really clears anything up, but I hope it helps.

On 5/5/2024 at 2:15 PM, ButchDiavolo said:

I have a technical question about the forums. I was updating a mod description in the download section and saved it. But when I looked in the support section, the mod description wasn't altered there? I vaguely remember that changing a mod description was altered on both descriptions? Has that been changed? Or am I just having fake memories.

Its been like that for a while, that is unless it was a very recently uploaded mod.

If you only just uploaded a mod, you may edit/update the contents of the main Download page with the changes taking effect in the Support page.  But after some time (I don't know how long), then the connection between the two is severed and the two pages need to be edited separately.

I latini dicevano:

in media stat virtus!

In senso allargato significa che gli eccessi non rendono mai virtuosi. Applicare ciecamente una regola significa seguire tutto di tutti mentre tollerare appare più ludico e rilassante. Le invidie tra autori poi ........

beh .... lasciamo perdere .....

Che la pace e la fratellanza sia il vostro spirito di collaborazione perchè insieme si cresce meglio!!!

29 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

That's dirty, the person who did that didn't credit Ashal, and claims ownership of all assets in the permissions.

There wasn't a posts tab so I couldn't leave a comment and couldn't spot a 'report' button or whatever Never calls it.

I suppose I should have messaged @Ashal rather than post here.

On 6/13/2024 at 3:36 AM, Ashal said:

The rule is pretty outdated and was written well before Patreon was really established in the way people use it now. I've been wanting to update it to better reflect how we've been trying to moderate such things lately, but I'm not entirely confident we've clearly nailed down our policy on it internally. I hate to admit it, but a lot of how we've been policing paid content the past couple of years has mostly just come down to how we subjectively feel about what's presented and whether or not it comes off as misleading, rather than anything objective.

What I can say for sure, though, is that we don't like or allow purely paid content advertising. If somebody makes a download page on loverslab for a Sim, for example, and the download button just links to a paid post on Patreon and there is no way to get it without subscribing to their Patreon, that's just using us as free advertising, and we'll remove anything like that we come across in moderator reports. We really rely on user reports for that, though, as the sheer number of mods that are uploaded and updated makes it impossible for the few staff members to catch such cases on our own.

But as long as actual free, useable content is being uploaded, there's some semblance of effort behind it, and there are no misleading paywalls in the way of using something provided on the site, we aren't typically going to get too up in arms about Patreon link being included in the post. So long as the content being provided free on LoversLab remains the focus of the post on LoversLab. If they are additionally doing paid-only content on the Patreon, I don't really consider that our business until the paid content becomes the sole focus of a post on LoversLab, but we'll tolerate at least a bit of "Support me on Patreon for additional content"-type stuff in a post that is providing something freely accessible.

Not sure that really clears anything up, but I hope it helps.

The person in question has free content here, but it's 2 years since the last free update. They have however released updates, as well as new stuffs, on patreon, but everything is locked behind subscription. So if someone wants the updated version of the stuffs, they will have to pay a subscription fee. This creator is very popular and alot of ppl use their stuffs. 

What I want to know is if it is ok to lock updates behind patreon to stuffs that has previously been released for free on LL?