Site Feedback

16 minutes ago, Evaloves4 said:

> I use more of my credit card since I work a lot and have no time to shop. But when I go shopping I mostly pay with my credit card.

And is it an actual credit card (has a credit limit, isn't deducted from bank account straight away, you receive a monthly statement you need to pay off) and not actually a debit card and either way if you have that what would stop you using that on subscribestar?

As i previous said i find it weird that debit cards are a UK thing and not available elsewhere, i can understand peeps not wanting to have a credit card for the risk of getting into debt they can't afford but literally having no means of making a payment from there bank account when debit cards have been a thing for like 3 decades in the UK just seems weird

For clarity/incase this is being lost in translation this is the exact same card i can go to a cash machine/ATM and stick it in and enter a pin and take cash out

Edited by pinky6225
1 hour ago, pinky6225 said:

And is it an actual credit card (has a credit limit, isn't deducted from bank account straight away, you receive a monthly statement you need to pay off) and not actually a debit card and either way if you have that what would stop you using that on subscribestar?

As i previous said i find it weird that debit cards are a UK thing and not available elsewhere, i can understand peeps not wanting to have a credit card for the risk of getting into debt they can't afford but literally having no means of making a payment from there bank account when debit cards have been a thing for like 3 decades in the UK just seems weird

For clarity/incase this is being lost in translation this is the exact same card i can go to a cash machine/ATM and stick it in and enter a pin and take cash out

> It is an actual credit card with a credit limit and so on. If I stopped getting my salary on it or if I stopped putting the money on it, they would cancel it after a few warnings. I can purchase the money or add the money to my bank account on the bank machine.

4 hours ago, pinky6225 said:

We have debit cards (also known as bank cards, ATM cards, or cash cards) in the US as well. And they work exactly how you describe: swipe/insert/tap, immediate withdrawal from bank, no credit. Exception is gasoline, for some reason gas stations put a cash hold for like $150 whenever you buy gas with a debit card, effectively making the gas purchase a temporary credit.

I think you misunderstood my point for payment cards: we do have those in Germany, too, and they rapidly grow in popularity. We even have three types: one debit card, called a girocard, a mix of debit and credit card that's linked with the bank account and works the same way as the debit card on the user side but identifies as credit card on the merchant side (for whatever reason that might be useful) and the pure credit cards. I think when it comes to "credit" cards, the mixed card is the most popular one, as most banks in Germany nowadays take a fee for pure debit or credit cards.

What we DON'T have are anonymous prepaid credit cards. If I remember correctly, those are legally forbidden as anti-money laundering measure. You can ask banks for personal prepaid credit cards, eg for teenagers, but the banks then have to gather your personal information.

Now back on track:

I don't want to imagine the vast mountain of data trash that's floating around on the site's servers. If that's technically possible (and I think it should be), I like the idea to track where an attachment is linked/embedded and if that source gets deleted or over a certain age (eg 3 years for a normal post), then the attachment gets deleted after 30 days or something like that.

Or maybe go the route that Discord was taking: make certain exclusions (like blog posts and file descriptions) but anything that's only linked in normal posts or PMs gets automatically deleted after x months. That way, if somebody has an important patch for a certain, unmaintained mod, they can upload it as normal mod file. That way, it can be found more easily as well.

3 hours ago, maxedout said:

IPB Light theme is broken again. No styling, only plain html.

Should be fixed now.

Sorry if it's been broken for a while. I never checked to see if the IPB Light was broken after fixing some template caching problems last week. 

19 hours ago, MysticDaedra said:

I tend to disagree on principle. Unless there is a rule or limit imposed on the users, de facto there is no limit for the users. It is up to the owners/administrators to impose such a limit if it is needed.

This is a modding site. It should be expected, even encouraged for it to grow over time. The only real solution would be to eliminate file uploads/downloads entirely, at which point it stops becoming a modding site and instead reverts to a modding forum. Bottom line: the storage needs of the site will continue to grow in perpetuity. The only real solution to this (assuming it is considered a "problem", which imo it is not) is to eliminate uploads to the site. Unfortunately that would remove a core feature/function, and most people except for a few of us who have been around a long time, will stop using or visiting Loverslab.

EDIT: I just noticed that the "max total size" for post attachments is 19.3 GIGABYTES. WTF? That should change lol. Maybe 100mb or something.

18 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I think that is the amount of the 20GB max allowance you have left. I have 18.04GB having used up 1.95GB. Use the link posted by MMG and you will see the percentage you have used and files you have accumulated.

I have 115 pages worth of images at 25 images per page. This means 2,875 images but is only 1.95GB because I only post jpegs.

But that is a different issue. Files just sat sitting there on hard drives don't slow down the site.

All of this is just reinforcing my earlier point. Either we have something from Ashal or whoever or we have all this speculation and drama from people who think they understand the problem and are in a position to proffer solutions. Dunning-Kruger Effect for the win.

17 hours ago, Ashal said:

The storage space issue is different from the performance issue. Both are problems at the moment, but to different degrees. The hope at the moment is that the new file server, which should be set up sometime this week, will help solve both issues, as it'll double the amount of storage space while also taking some of the traffic load off the current servers.

The point is that You (Ashal) should not have to buy new servers.

Certainly something can be done to lower the pressure on the current server. Unless it is the sheer number of members that is slowing it down.

I am by no means a computer expert. Especially not the hardware side of it.

Upload limits can be difficult to enforce on a broad line.

You should be taking into account the increased space that mod authors need compared to members who just post pictures.

In my case I am grateful that Ashal granted me extended space.

I like to think that my efforts with the Blog was appreciated. I would hate to think that it was just wasted space. Because then I could just delete.

But is has almost 100.000,00 views, so I doubt it somewhat.

I admit that the hotness could have been preserved with just extended gifs instead of full on mp4 files.

But then the moderators should have said it to me. I would have changed it right away. 

Without pointing anybody out I just hate going to a mod site to download stuff and then there are no previews.

I think I am not the only one with that attitude.

21 hours ago, Ashal said:

Should be fixed now.

Sorry if it's been broken for a while. I never checked to see if the IPB Light was broken after fixing some template caching problems last week. 

Thanks for looking into it. Sadly still broken on my end. Tried another browser and device, deleting cache, etc, but no difference.

Hello,  I've been using Sexlab  Framework mod for several years now but, as of late, I'm having an issue with adjustments for both the player and the NPC in the animation. When the characters engage in an animation, I can't seem to control the up/down, forward or back djustments. I get the option to swap characters for the adjustment but when I try doing anything, I only hear the sound effect but don't get the actual adjustment. . Any suggestions?   :( 

6 hours ago, AttilaMagyar said:

Hello,  I've been using Sexlab  Framework mod for several years now but, as of late, I'm having an issue with adjustments for both the player and the NPC in the animation. When the characters engage in an animation, I can't seem to control the up/down, forward or back djustments. I get the option to swap characters for the adjustment but when I try doing anything, I only hear the sound effect but don't get the actual adjustment. . Any suggestions?   :( 

https://www.loverslab.com/forum/73-technical-support-skyrim-special-edition/

Hello!

Why the site has become so slow since the last couple of months?

Has anyone any idea?

I'm using Mozilla but i have tried it in Chrome as well, but still, the same thing happens.

It takes 40-1.5 minutes to open the pages and the same when I try to post.

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

There have been countless posts about this and several replies by Ashal.

Most probably trying different things for the site and in the process others are breaking...!

Anyway, thanks for the reply! 🙂

35 minutes ago, サマエル said:

disable all your ad blockers and it will improve the performance

So I do see this site occasionally on my phone (chrome on android which really I never bothered to mess w/ ad blockers for)...and I see this site on my desktop PC (which I have ublock origin for) and seems about the same in either case...actually if there's ever a difference its the PC (with ethernet wire plugged in) loading faster.

So IDK...and tbh I wouldn't be thrilled about browsing this site (or anywhere on the internet) too heavily w/o an ad blocker. I think its more or less just something people have to learn to accept...its a niche corner of the internet and nobodies really funding it...so we must accept what we are given and be happy at least the site exists at all.

7 hours ago, サマエル said:

disable all your ad blockers and it will improve the performance

I already did...

And with uninstalled Adblocker...

The same thing happens!

I have a technical question about the forums. I was updating a mod description in the download section and saved it. But when I looked in the support section, the mod description wasn't altered there? I vaguely remember that changing a mod description was altered on both descriptions? Has that been changed? Or am I just having fake memories.