Site Feedback

On 3/5/2024 at 9:18 AM, jfraser said:

it is not intentional. @Agent Tex set them to post later in the year. Ashal already said it is a glitch in the site, not anyone’s fault. 

that said, Tex, if you don’t mind, please delete those posts and maybe try posting them again in a couple months - maybe the issue is that the blog system can’t handle things set that far ahead and the error has cascaded, so now it even affects those set earlier for that person. I have blogs scheduled through mid  September, so maybe I’ll run into the same issue soon. 

I wasn't saying it was Tex's fault. However, what I said is that the « polite request » process always took time while not always providing results.

As shown by this very example. :classic_tongue:

Edited by Tirloque
1 hour ago, Tirloque said:

I wasn't saying it was Tex's fault. However, what I said is that the « polite request » process always took time while not always providing results.

As shown by this very example. :classic_tongue:

Yes, the person you were responding to was the one who said it was Tex’s fault.  :)

perhaps an admin can remove them

22 hours ago, jfraser said:

Yes, the person you were responding to was the one who said it was Tex’s fault.  :)

perhaps an admin can remove them

A admin certainly can, but moderators do as well.

Yet you'd have to convince them to do so beforehand. So :

1. You spot the issue
  2. You politely ask the user to edit his posts.
  3. You wait
  4. °1 - The user ignores you / °2 answers you but doesn't get what's the problem or how to fix it  / °3 asks you who do you think you are / °4 the users corrects the issue right away
  5. You contact a moderator
  6. Spend some time convincing him (will only work if the offender has done so repeatedly)
  7. the moderator acts

As you might be realizing right now, depending on various factors the process could take several days. And meanwhile, active blogs authors are the ones paying the piper.

Hence why I suggested to limit the max amount of blogs entries publishable for one day. :angel:

Anyway, that issue might not be on top of Ashal's current to-do list. And Tex is definitely a °2 type user. So... as an alternative, you could ask a moderator (like @Psalam ?) if he could manually sets Tex's entries to unpublished. So your fellow bloggers don't get bothered awaiting the issue get fixed.

It's worth a try. :classic_tongue:

Edited by Tirloque
14 minutes ago, Tirloque said:

A admin certainly can, but moderators do as well.

Yet you'd have to convince them to do so beforehand. So :

1. You spot the issue
  2. You politely ask the user to edit his posts.
  3. You wait
  4. °1 - The user ignores you / °2 answers you but doesn't get what's the problem or how to fix it  / °3 asks you who do you think you are / °4 the users corrects the issue right away
  5. You contact a moderator
  6. Spend some time convincing him (will only work if the offender has done so repeatedly)
  7. the moderator acts

As you might be realizing right now, depending on various factors the process could take several days. And meanwhile, active blogs authors are the ones paying the piper.

Hence why I suggested to limit the max amount of blogs entries publishable for one day. :angel:

Anyway, that issue might not be on top of Ashal's current to-do list. And Tex is definitely a °2 type user. So... as an alternative, you could ask a moderator (like @Psalam ?) if he could manually sets Tex's entries to unpublished. So your fellow bloggers don't get bothered awaiting the issue get fixed.

It's worth a try. :classic_tongue:

I could but it's time consuming. It's not just - hey! - today is the day I unpublish blog entries. It means:

1) Keeping an eye on the blog entries (which I don't do routinely do now - oh, the shame!),

2) Identifying those which are from repetitive bloggers,

3) Isolate those blog posts which can be removed for violation of the Rules (see your post above), and finally

4) Unpublish the post.

All this while bearing in mind that LL is meant to be a site for modding games. I apologize to anyone I offended by saying that, or this, discussion Threads and Blogs are not as important as mods (and making sure those mods aren't pirated or pedophilic or otherwise violating the Rules). So, if Ashal wants me to keep an eye on blogs and discussion threads I will do it (she makes the Rules - I just work here) but, otherwise I'm afraid that you will need to follow Tirloque's guide and Report abusers to me (all of which will work out much as described above).

10 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I could but it's time consuming. It's not just - hey! - today is the day I unpublish blog entries. It means:

1) Keeping an eye on the blog entries (which I don't do routinely do now - oh, the shame!),

3) Isolate those blog posts which can be removed for violation of the Rules (see your post above), and finally

4) Unpublish the post.

All this while bearing in mind that LL is meant to be a site for modding games. I apologize to anyone I offended by saying that, or this, discussion Threads and Blogs are not as important as mods (and making sure those mods aren't pirated or pedophilic or otherwise violating the Rules). So, if Ashal wants me to keep an eye on blogs and discussion threads I will do it (she makes the Rules - I just work here) but, otherwise I'm afraid that you will need to follow Tirloque's guide and Report abusers to me (all of which will work out much as described above).

In this case, it’s a unique situation. There is a glitch, as noted by Ashal, and two blog posts have been sitting at the top of the blogs for a few weeks now. They are dated for November and December of this year. So the request is just to clear those two out, not necessarily to have someone watching the blogs all the time. It’s just a special circumstance in this case

10 minutes ago, Psalam said:

4) Unpublish the post.

We understand that you don't have time to watch for the blogs' section, Psalam. And, if LL works just like other forums, then moderators shouldn't force themselves to CTRL+F the whole forum searching for offenders. Answering the reports of the users, and being watchful of the forum parts they are used to usually visit is enough. So we weren't asking for more.

However, it might take some time before Ashal can afford to fix the blogs' scheduling bug. And meanwhile, if unattended, those two Tex entries would continue to disrupt the blogs' section main page. 

So meanwhile... could we simply ask you to simply unpublish those two entries ? :classic_angel:

11 hours ago, Tirloque said:

We understand that you don't have time to watch for the blogs' section, Psalam. And, if LL works just like other forums, then moderators shouldn't force themselves to CTRL+F the whole forum searching for offenders. Answering the reports of the users, and being watchful of the forum parts they are used to usually visit is enough. So we weren't asking for more.

However, it might take some time before Ashal can afford to fix the blogs' scheduling bug. And meanwhile, if unattended, those two Tex entries would continue to disrupt the blogs' section main page. 

So meanwhile... could we simply ask you to simply unpublish those two entries ? :classic_angel:

So, I got back on Site this morning and the blog entries are no longer on my list of Blog Entries. I then went through 33 pages (of 25 blog entries apiece - except for the last page) and the offending posts seem to have been removed from Agent Tex' blogs. Therefore, thank you to whoever resolved this issue. It wasn't me.

3 hours ago, Psalam said:

So, I got back on Site this morning and the blog entries are no longer on my list of Blog Entries. I then went through 33 pages (of 25 blog entries apiece - except for the last page) and the offending posts seem to have been removed from Agent Tex' blogs. Therefore, thank you to whoever resolved this issue. It wasn't me.

I hid them. 

Publishing and unpublishing them both didn't seem to have any effect on the issue. Whether they were marked as published or unpublished made no difference as far as I could see. Trying to set their publish dates to past dates also errored out. Nothing really stuck out to me when I looked at their raw database entry compared to other normal blog entries, either.

Hiding or deleting them seemed to be the only option.

It would be nice if @Agent Tex would chime in and say if they did anything unusual when posting the blogs that might have caused them to bug out like they did. I'd like to believe they weren't doing it on purpose to abuse the top slots of the blog section, but they haven't said anything, so I don't know.

2 hours ago, Ashal said:

I hid them. 

Publishing and unpublishing them both didn't seem to have any effect on the issue. Whether they were marked as published or unpublished made no difference as far as I could see. Trying to set their publish dates to past dates also errored out. Nothing really stuck out to me when I looked at their raw database entry compared to other normal blog entries, either.

It would be nice if @Agent Tex would chime in and say if they did anything unusual when posting the blogs that might have caused them to bug out like they did. I'd like to believe they weren't doing it on purpose to abuse the top slots of the blog section, but they haven't said anything, so I don't know.

Maybe Agent Tex...

Spoiler

kontrastreich-bild-der-zauberer-hand-mit

... put a spell on them?

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Ashal said:

I wish I had wrote something like: The next smartass posting here:

I will hit him/her/it.

oh ... oh ... You can add tampering with a post to my list 😇

5 hours ago, Ashal said:

I hid them. 

Hmm. So if the entry has been affected by the bug, then it remains so even if changing the scheduled date or publication status. And, as proved by Tex's « SURPRISE » 03-03-2024 entry, which was also scheduled, the bug isn't systematic. Maybe it is linked to the very distant (> 6 months) scheduling date ? 

Anyway, as an admin you must be quite busy running LL. And so I'd like to thank you for having looked into that bug, so we could enjoy a normal blogs section main page again :

2024-03-09 — Blogs main page.jpg

Isn't it better ? Thank you, Ashal. :D

9 hours ago, Psalam said:

Yet, you took the time to look into it ; and so also deserve to be thanked. Smiley_jap_HFR.gif

Edited by Tirloque
8 hours ago, Tirloque said:

Hmm. So if the entry has been affected by the bug, then it remains so even if changing the scheduled date or publication status. And, as proved by Tex's « SURPRISE » 03-03-2024 entry, which was also scheduled, the bug isn't systematic. Maybe it is linked to the very distant (> 6 months) scheduling date ? 

Anyway, as an admin you must be quite busy running LL. And so I'd like to thank you for having looked into that bug, so we could enjoy a normal blogs section main page again :

2024-03-09 — Blogs main page.jpg

Isn't it better ? Thank you, Ashal. :D

Yet, you took the time to look into it ; and so also deserve to be thanked. Smiley_jap_HFR.gif

I have entries almost to October that I posted in February, so it must be more than six months, if it is a time issue. Who knows? Thanks for clearing them, @Ashal  :)

On 3/9/2024 at 3:41 PM, Ashal said:

I hid them. 

I have no idea what happened here, the only thing I can think of is when I'm editing an entry I set it to be published in 2025 so it on the top of my list but I have no idea and don't really post much new stuff anyway

1 hour ago, FacialLinks said:

Just a question. I see many posts having "Guest" as user name.

Are these from users that were banned?

These are from people who have left the Site for any reason, voluntary (please remove me from the Site) or involuntary (banned).

Some time ago, a site glitch caused image sets of almost every upload to get randomly rearranged. There's probably no way to prevent this from happening again, so I'd like to ask: Is there a way for people to rearrange (or reupload) their uploaded mod's images without the change treating it as an update? Using "Edit Details Silently" doesn't seem to let me change the images silently either.