Site Feedback

16 hours ago, Maxime1543 said:

Please fix wabbajack not downloading from this site seamlessly. I am a premium nexus user, i shouldn't have to manually download stuff from here just to install a wabbajack modpack.

Don't know if you're serious or just a troll (my bet for the second option). You may see that you aren't in the nexusmods site. So, it's pretty normal that the wabbajack don't work well here.

On 1/18/2024 at 6:47 PM, Maxime1543 said:

Please fix wabbajack not downloading from this site seamlessly. I am a premium nexus user, i shouldn't have to manually download stuff from here just to install a wabbajack modpack.

:yawn:

On 1/20/2024 at 10:41 PM, User39042 said:

Yeah that's a troll, but you really can't troll this forum. Seen too much internet shit.

it's not a troll, it's not my fault you guys live in the 90s. skyrim modding works through nexus and wabbajack modpacks. the least LL can do is streamline the process.

22 minutes ago, Maxime1543 said:

it's not a troll, it's not my fault you guys live in the 90s. skyrim modding works through nexus and wabbajack modpacks. the least LL can do is streamline the process.

Let me start with what is truly relevant here - this line of discussion is over. Further posts (after this one) about this specific topic will be removed (yes, by me). Feel free to continue other, appropriate Site Feedback comments and questions.

BUT I just can't leave it at that. When you and Nexus begin to pay our bills I will feel that you (and they) are entitled to tell us what "the least we can do" is. LL is proudly independent of Nexus. We have great mods here. Some are here AND on Nexus (like my mod Cynthia the Spellsword). Others are here only (like the rest of my mods). Many mods that can be found here are not found on Nexus because of their morality Rules (which are more like 1950 than 1990). Others are here because of their other Rules (such as modmakers don't own the intellectual property they created; Nexus does). Regardless, I'm pleased to be here and to have access to the material available here and I hope that everyone else who comes to this site can learn to feel the same way.

11 hours ago, shadowvampvr said:

is there a way to add downloads from LL to download straight to a mod manager like on the Nexus website

Something like that in development maybe?

Not without a lot of work on the backend and cooperation from devs at MO, etc. However, it'd be pointless. Mods are shared in posts just as much, if not more than actually uploading a new file.

On 1/29/2024 at 4:36 PM, shadowvampvr said:

is there a way to add downloads from LL to download straight to a mod manager like on the Nexus website

Something like that in development maybe?

Assuming you use Chrome, you should be able to use this:

https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/downloads-router/fgkboeogiiklpklnjgdiaghaiehcknjo

Just direct downloads from LL to your mod-organizers mod folder so you don't have to manually relocate them.

It's not seamless integration between LL and your mod manager, but it should be a pretty close approximation thereof.

I just saw someone mention off-site that they aren't getting password reset emails. Would it be possible to test if it works?

I'd do so myself, but if it's broken I don't want to lock myself out or trip any multiple account detection by making a 2nd account.

Apologies for the hassle.

@Ashal For your consideration:

Maybe it's just something that's bothering only me, but I think instead of being part of the main mods/CC category, Sims4 translations could be spun out into their own completely separate category (like we already have with the standalone Sims), as recently got to the point where they consistently take up on average between one-third to half of the spots on the recently updated list, making browsing at a glance for mods and CC more wonky than it used to be.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Z4chary said:

I noticed those 2 blogs being stuck on the main page for a while now... Is this a bug or something? Its way past 2.19.2024.

Did you notice the blog entries' dates? You can set a custom post date for each blog entry. And until that day's arrived, the entries will remain at the very top.

3 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Did you notice the blog entries' dates? You can set a custom post date for each blog entry. And until that day's arrived, the entries will remain at the very top.

As I said in original post, its way after 19th of February…

5 hours ago, Alessia Wellington said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot(63).png.b592e89286be448247182154a242196e.png

Oh, my bad. I thought date on the hourglass is the one that is "to be published", and not the date it was put on site.
image.png.0c0fbe239ca34f0317c0cc3d2b180adb.png

Still this feels illegal :D Holding the top of the blog page hostage like that...

I don't know if such a feature is even possible on a site like this, but here's an idea:

Every time The Sims 4 drops a major update (like it did two days ago), the site is flooded with new threads from low-effort, low IQ posters who write nothing but "help" and post up a virtually identical Last Exception report to all the other 57, 439 users who also couldn't be bothered to look at the forum and see that an update broke mods, and fixes will be incoming shortly.  Most of these posters are brand new members and/or only have one or two posts to the site.

In an effort to save site storage space for hosting all of these identical threads and LE reports, and also educate these new users, is there any way to redirect them to a page that educates them about game updates and being patient to wait for mod updates, and blocks their posts from appearing/eating up space and bandwidth?

I get it, some people just don't know how modding and updates work, and need some education.  It's just annoying to see so many duplicate threads from people who don't even try to help themselves.

Sorry, rant over.

image.png.3e3b7587d1451cff9ee156356b1b1e4f.png

Well, this user is now doing it intentionally... Hogging the top of the blog page. Not very encouraging of users to post blogs, when people block the main/top page. You COULD block said user from your user side (like I will), but that wont fix this issue. blogs/posts still appear.

Edited by Z4chary

In this case, the third entry taking the mainspot has today as a publication date, so one cannot rule out Tex simply wanted to schedule his entry for the day after. I mean had he wanted to keep stealing the spotlight indefinitely he could've set it to december 2024 just like the others.

It's not the first time an user bloats the blogs main page, including Tex. Most of the time it's a newbie posting one image/one line entries en masse (4-16 entries in raw), and so stealing the spotlight by sheer numbers. Sometimes it's done by more seasoned bloggers, who don't fully understand the system, don't really care, or both. There was one issue during several months which auto-ticked the "publish now" checkbox whenever someone edited an entry, causing massive bumps to publications, hopefully it has been removed.

Now :

• This bug prevents time solving the issue by itself. There is no other way than to explore the technical issue, as otherwise in a few months the bug could make the page completely standstill.
  • Even when it's not a bug but some of the above behaviors, it takes someone to spot it, to courteously inform the user of his non community-friendly behavior (which he can completely ignore), and it's only if it's a repeated behavior that you can report it, taking time to convince a moderator, and then time for him to act... It's a loss of time for everyone.

I personally can't afford to be as active as I used to be, and this won't change anytime soon. I don't know how many others picked up the slack. Yet, regardless, I would advocate for a system limit to the maximum amount of entries an user might publish/schedule for the same day (2 entries/24H ?). This would both save time for the moderators team, and improve the user/reader experience. Smiley_jap_HFR.gif

On 3/2/2024 at 4:59 AM, Z4chary said:

image.png.3e3b7587d1451cff9ee156356b1b1e4f.png

Well, this user is now doing it intentionally... Hogging the top of the blog page. Not very encouraging of users to post blogs, when people block the main/top page. You COULD block said user from your user side (like I will), but that wont fix this issue. blogs/posts still appear.

On 3/3/2024 at 2:56 AM, Tirloque said:

In this case, the third entry taking the mainspot has today as a publication date, so one cannot rule out Tex simply wanted to schedule his entry for the day after. I mean had he wanted to keep stealing the spotlight indefinitely he could've set it to december 2024 just like the others.

It's not the first time an user bloats the blogs main page, including Tex. Most of the time it's a newbie posting one image/one line entries en masse (4-16 entries in raw), and so stealing the spotlight by sheer numbers. Sometimes it's done by more seasoned bloggers, who don't fully understand the system, don't really care, or both. There was one issue during several months which auto-ticked the "publish now" checkbox whenever someone edited an entry, causing massive bumps to publications, hopefully it has been removed.

Now :

• This bug prevents time solving the issue by itself. There is no other way than to explore the technical issue, as otherwise in a few months the bug could make the page completely standstill.
  • Even when it's not a bug but some of the above behaviors, it takes someone to spot it, to courteously inform the user of his non community-friendly behavior (which he can completely ignore), and it's only if it's a repeated behavior that you can report it, taking time to convince a moderator, and then time for him to act... It's a loss of time for everyone.

I personally can't afford to be as active as I used to be, and this won't change anytime soon. I don't know how many others picked up the slack. Yet, regardless, I would advocate for a system limit to the maximum amount of entries an user might publish/schedule for the same day (2 entries/24H ?). This would both save time for the moderators team, and improve the user/reader experience. Smiley_jap_HFR.gif

it is not intentional. @Agent Tex set them to post later in the year. Ashal already said it is a glitch in the site, not anyone’s fault. 

that said, Tex, if you don’t mind, please delete those posts and maybe try posting them again in a couple months - maybe the issue is that the blog system can’t handle things set that far ahead and the error has cascaded, so now it even affects those set earlier for that person. I have blogs scheduled through mid  September, so maybe I’ll run into the same issue soon. 

Edited by jfraser