Site Feedback

To dear, @Ashal.
Hello!? If that's not a problem.. I'd like to ask you to create a smart player for LL.?  I mean the one that can set/adjust the best resolution of videos based on internet speed and the user's hardware.?
Warm greetings and thank you very much for your time.:classic_smile:

5 hours ago, M.BISON said:

Sometimes when I click on LL/site, Google chrome says the site is not safe to access, and doesn't continue to open the page (gives the option to proceed or go back). Does this happen to anyone else?

I'ts likely some settings you have for Chrome. I don't get that now but I did get something in the past.

Remember to have a good antivirus and malware service and use common sense and you can go pretty far. Avoid sites you don't know and/or trust and you should be good.

I assume you trust LL :P I do and haven't gotten anything from them.  Not true for Nexus which there were serious warnings from their Ads.  At that time I was more active with them and I reported it.. At first they denied it but eventually saw the problem. It was their ad server. They promptly corrected it. Not sure how much troubles would have happened if I didn't have my good antivirus / antimalware active.  (oh also the various web add ons)

12 minutes ago, RitualClarity said:

I'ts likely some settings you have for Chrome. I don't get that now but I did get something in the past.

Remember to have a good antivirus and malware service and use common sense and you can go pretty far. Avoid sites you don't know and/or trust and you should be good.

I assume you trust LL :P I do and haven't gotten anything from them.  Not true for Nexus which there were serious warnings from their Ads.  At that time I was more active with them and I reported it.. At first they denied it but eventually saw the problem. It was their ad server. They promptly corrected it. Not sure how much troubles would have happened if I didn't have my good antivirus / antimalware active.  (oh also the various web add ons)

> Armed my laptop, tablet, and PC with good programs for the problems you mentioned, and using only LL and Brave which is an excellent browser based on Chrome with excellent protection against various malicious trash from the Internet.:classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

It's weird because it only recently started popping up, after visiting the site for the past 10 years!

Based on that, yes, I do trust the site ?

BTW what antivirus are you using? I'm just using windows defender.

On 11/28/2023 at 1:54 PM, M.BISON said:

It's weird because it only recently started popping up, after visiting the site for the past 10 years!

Based on that, yes, I do trust the site ?

BTW what antivirus are you using? I'm just using windows defender.

ESET but any good paid antivirus / malware program setup would be good. Windows Defender in my opinon isn't good. Not that it can't do the job but that it is part of the OS. So anyone looking or working for exploits will also work on Windows Defender so they can get past it.

However, it is more l ikely one of your settings is sensitive or something like that. An add on to your browser etc. could be and most likely is the cause of the issue.

@Ashal Do you plan to remove the ability for simple listing edits to bump the listing? I don't want each edit I make to also notify all followers of my project, as if each listing edit is equivalent in importance to a new version upload. Or, is there a reason you kept it this way?

19 hours ago, Gyra said:

@Ashal Do you plan to remove the ability for simple listing edits to bump the listing? I don't want each edit I make to also notify all followers of my project, as if each listing edit is equivalent in importance to a new version upload. Or, is there a reason you kept it this way?

I've tried. Unfortunately, as far as I could find, it seems pretty tied into how the forum software handles updating records, so I can't change it without significantly altering the forum's source code.

I'll keep an eye out for alternative solutions, but no promises.

On 4/17/2023 at 5:57 PM, EthernalNoob said:

I'm actually having a problem to upload GIFs (and yes, it's a bug)

I'm using a a topic to upload it but i really would like to upload it normally

Hi

You can try the following online gif optimizers

https://www.freeconvert.com/gif-compressor

https://ezgif.com/optimize

The baka gif you mentioned in your linked post is 17.5mb compressed on both of the sites above yielded a result of 6.64mb and 9.89mb. Wonder if there's a gif compression plugin for forums.

Edited by pinkfluf
Damnit, just realized I responded to a century old post :(
On 12/6/2023 at 1:00 PM, pinkfluf said:

Hi

You can try the following online gif optimizers

https://www.freeconvert.com/gif-compressor

https://ezgif.com/optimize

The baka gif you mentioned in your linked post is 17.5mb compressed on both of the sites above yielded a result of 6.64mb and 9.89mb. Wonder if there's a gif compression plugin for forums.

You responded to a "century old post" with kindness in your heart and a helpful hand. In my book that is a win!

(I haven't seen any issue with someone posting from an old post here. Other places, yes, but here not so much)

I'd like to suggest moving the like button on mod pages near the download button to the top if possible. From what I've seen mod creators (at least some) value the likes similar if not more then download numbers. Having the like button at the very bottom makes it less likely to get seen/noticed and used.

On 10/26/2023 at 12:55 PM, Sir Bron said:

I have a Request...If it is not acceptable, so be it. No Harm, No Foul, Right?

Here goes...

How about unlimited likes or a raised value of them on special days like Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas...You get the idea.

Thanks for your consideration.

> I join the request of my friend.:classic_smile: Looking at LL's booming threads and user activity, 20 kudos/endorsements seems to be not enough per day.:classic_ph34r: If that's not an option, I would  ask at least for add an automatic voting function/feature in case the user is absent for the whole day at LL.? Someone once mentioned that is possible to take kudos back, but I find it as a very rude solution.?‍♀️ Thank you for your attention dear @Ashal.:classic_blush:

Edited by smartfon
56 minutes ago, smartfon said:

20 kudos/endorsements seems to be not enough per day.

Looking at it from the other side, if Likes are unlimited, they diminish in value.  It can become more like a popularity contest if "followers" routinely give a Like to everything someone posts.  Likes are more meaningful when limited to things that are particularly helpful or noteworthy.

56 minutes ago, smartfon said:

If that's not an option, I would  ask at least for add an automatic voting function/feature in case the user is absent for the whole day at LL

How would "automatic voting" work?  Does it make sense to give a Like to something you haven't seen?

Edited by HexBolt8
13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Looking at it from the other side, if Likes are unlimited, they diminish in value.  It can become more like a popularity contest if "followers" routinely give a Like to everything someone posts.  Likes are more meaningful when limited to things that are particularly helpful or noteworthy.

> Hiya! My request is to our IT-savvy manageress, but all right.? First of all, I would like to mention that I don't do this just for my convenience/satisfying a whim. In this case, it's the voice of a few LL users that pushed/prompted me to say about solution for the common good.:classic_smile:

Secondly, I assure you that I only reward posts that I like, and there is a lot of them!:classic_tongue: If the content of post (verbal or graphical) is appealed to me, I usually get a remark / comment to it.? This is my way of saying "thanks" or stating my admiration to their authors.?‍♀️

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

How would "automatic voting" work?  Does it make sense to give a Like to something you haven't seen?

Lol. I mean launch / implementation an automatic system of likes for things that the viewer has seen but she/he couldn't vote for.?‍♀️ (due to time constraints) Without depicting this here, Loverslabians can only imagine how it would look like.. ~ So to put it simply.. It's about building / embeding an additional field in the space around of the published post, after selecting / marking which the countdown to casting a vote starts.⏲️
Example: 

1) users with the rank of member select/mark the box for a scheduled vote on the shots , gifs, videos,  comments and stuff  in various threads.
2) They're away from keyboard / away from the screen of their device for 3 full days. 
3) During those users absence ~ the autotimer informs the LL System after 72 hours to vote/kudos for the posts chosen by them.
4) Voila!

> As you probably know, unused kudos of users with the rank member are not cumulative*. (e.g.: user LL doesn't get the option / possibility to give 40 endorsements for choosed posts even though they haven't taken this action for the full two days) Whatever solution we have a chat about here, it's up to the snow-haired lady in the Santa hat to decide. Am I right?:classic_smile:
Ho ho ho?  I mean,  Cheers!?

> My apologize to everyone for my obscure utterance. Smartfon has a poor command of the programmer's language.:classic_ph34r:

Spoiler

* - It would be nice if they got gathering feature of them.?

Edited by smartfon
> added more Emojis to make reply more fun. xD
On 12/14/2023 at 1:57 AM, smartfon said:

> Hiya! My request is to our IT-savvy manageress, but all right.? First of all, I would like to mention that I don't do this just for my convenience/satisfying a whim. In this case, it's the voice of a few LL users that pushed/prompted me to say about solution for the common good.:classic_smile:

Secondly, I assure you that I only reward posts that I like, and there is a lot of them!:classic_tongue: If the content of post (verbal or graphical) is appealed to me, I usually get a remark / comment to it.? This is my way of saying "thanks" or stating my admiration to their authors.?‍♀️

Lol. I mean launch / implementation an automatic system of likes for things that the viewer has seen but she/he couldn't vote for.?‍♀️ (due to time constraints) Without depicting this here, Loverslabians can only imagine how it would look like.. ~ So to put it simply.. It's about building / embeding an additional field in the space around of the published post, after selecting / marking which the countdown to casting a vote starts.⏲️
Example: 

1) users with the rank of member select/mark the box for a scheduled vote on the shots , gifs, videos,  comments and stuff  in various threads.
2) They're away from keyboard / away from the screen of their device for 3 full days. 
3) During those users absence ~ the autotimer informs the LL System after 72 hours to vote/kudos for the posts chosen by them.
4) Voila!

> As you probably know, unused kudos of users with the rank member are not cumulative*. (e.g.: user LL doesn't get the option / possibility to give 40 endorsements for choosed posts even though they haven't taken this action for the full two days) Whatever solution we have a chat about here, it's up to the snow-haired lady in the Santa hat to decide. Am I right?:classic_smile:
Ho ho ho?  I mean,  Cheers!?

> My apologize to everyone for my obscure utterance. Smartfon has a poor command of the programmer's language.:classic_ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

* - It would be nice if they got gathering feature of them.?

Why complicate this....Red Button Spam GIF - Red Button Spam Press Button GIFs into this...working season 3 GIF

@Ashal Is it possible please for support to use hardware security keys to protect accounts to be added for use by this site and any other appropriate associated services?

This would help to protect accounts from weak passwords and other sources of account compromise also protecting the modifications hosted here, this would especially help the mod authors. The site management would then also be able to use it to protect their accounts from compromise.

It would be in essence a form of password less authentication cause then there wouldn't be any username and password to crack leaving the black hats and/or others who shouldn't have access, out of luck with accessing the account.

Edited by Leoosp
On 12/21/2023 at 4:43 PM, Leoosp said:

@Ashal Is it possible please for support to use hardware security keys to protect accounts to be added for use by this site and any other appropriate associated services?

This would help to protect accounts from weak passwords and other sources of account compromise also protecting the modifications hosted here, this would especially help the mod authors. The site management would then also be able to use it to protect their accounts from compromise.

It would be in essence a form of password less authentication cause then there wouldn't be any username and password to crack leaving the black hats and/or others who shouldn't have access, out of luck with accessing the account.

Please not more "did you mean to sign in" "was this you" "did you mean to" that crud is all over everything. I can't even check my bank account sometimes because the thing thinks my PC is new and unregistered.

But I digress, More Control is not what's needed, if they (Hackers) wanted your info it would be had, unless you have your own personal autonomous Faraday Cage.

I totally disagree, but that said just because I disagree with you does not invalidate you thoughts or feelings. Peace

Edited by Sir Bron