"What are you playing" thread

Looks like i've moved completely into early access mode.

30XX (Megaman X inspired roguelite), EverSpace 2 (less roguelite, more RPG than the first), and Baldur's Gate 3.

Not playing enough of the last. While i do appreciate elf tits, i'm more into Sci-FI.

Elf tits are temporary but space is eternal.

And also Doom ?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally reached the point of unlocking the Zip Lines in Death Stranding - It's amazing how the game starts so slow, while one 'learns the nuances' and appreciates the World detail. Later it begins to snowball and yeah, I like, I like! Kojima took every 'trope' players complain about and made them interesting. Even though I am playing 'online', I spend a LOT of time making roads and other things which are 'harder' to finish, but then I get so many 'likes' and notifications of others using the things I built - It's really cool.

20210315211330_1.jpg.96b8b8b5ca41210caed696912be4fd37.jpg

Spoiler

20210316161259_1.jpg.3b86fa488d5f1221938c709a035eba9b.jpg20210316161333_1.jpg.9acddded6b2fa0a0f6bd1f8b3a5a8b73.jpg20210316161345_1.jpg.c0b48c34aba3781cbb551eedaa21b7d4.jpg20210316161512_1.jpg.c54a39dadf68410a0cca1b27b1824f7c.jpg20210316161555_1.jpg.fe5687d86592f80d313efd0dd74e50b2.jpg20210316161636_1.jpg.ad7e41f05e4abcd52dfb90d92b968c10.jpg

20210317001844_1.jpg.874d352b5423220e25d18cdba2a02cea.jpg

5 hours ago, landess said:

Finally reached the point of unlocking the Zip Lines in Death Stranding - It's amazing how the game starts so slow, while one 'learns the nuances' and appreciates the World detail. Later it begins to snowball and yeah, I like, I like! Kojima took every 'trope' players complain about and made them interesting. Even though I am playing 'online', I spend a LOT of time making roads and other things which are 'harder' to finish, but then I get so many 'likes' and notifications of others using the things I built - It's really cool.

20210315211330_1.jpg.96b8b8b5ca41210caed696912be4fd37.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

20210316161259_1.jpg.3b86fa488d5f1221938c709a035eba9b.jpg20210316161333_1.jpg.9acddded6b2fa0a0f6bd1f8b3a5a8b73.jpg20210316161345_1.jpg.c0b48c34aba3781cbb551eedaa21b7d4.jpg20210316161512_1.jpg.c54a39dadf68410a0cca1b27b1824f7c.jpg20210316161555_1.jpg.fe5687d86592f80d313efd0dd74e50b2.jpg20210316161636_1.jpg.ad7e41f05e4abcd52dfb90d92b968c10.jpg

20210317001844_1.jpg.874d352b5423220e25d18cdba2a02cea.jpg

Hmm.  Hadn't looked into this one as yet.  Graphics are fairly impressive, and I mean Kojima used to be part of Konami, so it's not like they're new to this, but from what I've been able to dig up so far, I'm not entirely sure I quite get the idea behind the 'game' as it were.  Requires further research, me'thinks.  Glad you're enjoying it though.  ^_^

2 hours ago, Kitty said:

I'm not entirely sure I quite get the idea behind the 'game' as it were

It's hard to explain without giving details which would best be experienced through game play. I guess it's safe to say: It's a story, one that kinda reminds me of the CGI Movie - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Still that is just a similarity and not a definition. It is also A Simulator, and not an arcade driven piece of action showcase. There are many well thought out nuances, and compared to a lot of games - it could feel 'grindy' if one is in a hurry. Best to try and see through the mechanics and use them to play the part and unlock the story through game play.

When I saw the usual cry baby video titles while looking through YouTube, I knew there was a lot more to this game than the ADHD kids would notice or appreciate. Also - lot's of interesting cameos. (Famous people taking character parts)

Well, that's it for Doom Eternal. The DLC was shorter and easier than i expected. At least the "new" enemies were not full of bullshit mechanics, and the hammer is actually fun and useful. Cool levels, and good arenas. Some useful HUD additions too.

Dark Lord was just a super Marauder though, that's disappointing on so many levels ?

• 3 weeks later...

For intents and purposes, I might as well be playing Bug Catcher since I restarted Cyberpunk 2077 to see what effects the patches had on everything. I am losing that game horribly but that is actually a massive positive. 

Now that many if not most of the rough spots have been smoothed over, maybe CDPR can fill in the gaps?

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

For intents and purposes, I might as well be playing Bug Catcher since I restarted Cyberpunk 2077 to see what effects the patches had on everything. I am losing that game horribly but that is actually a massive positive. 

Now that many if not most of the rough spots have been smoothed over, maybe CDPR can fill in the gaps?

That's what I'm hoping for. Maybe it will finally leave Early Access :classic_tongue:

I want to do another playthrough... but only when the time is right.

23 hours ago, Mr. Trigun said:

Had this crazy idea to buy Nintendo Switch and Ring Fit Adventure. I'm curious if it will be really a good workout or just a gimmick. :lol:
Anyone here that has any experience with it?

Anyways...
LET THE BODY TORTURE BEGIN! :triumph:

UPDATE: Definitely NOT just a gimmick. This shit is intense as hell. My whole body is FUCKING BURNING. :dizzy:

• 2 weeks later...

Checking out a 'free' version of SUBVERSE. I had been hearing about it so decided to take a peek.

Best description would be to break down the different events:

>Grid / Turn based ground combat

>'Asteroids' style space combat - WASD movement with cursor pointing so one can easily kite and shoot.

>Narrative is the typical Characters on the screen using a text box below with conversation

>Sexy stuff is animated scene events with a 'speed' slider and 'cum' button. The animations are acceptably long loops with 2 versions per.

>>>The Sexy animations are used in a viewing mechanic called Pandora which allows the user to place several animation 'purchases' (bought with in game currency) into it. Each character has their own.

I'm not great at turn-based grid games but did 'okay' during initial testing - there is a decent amount of strategy as the combatants have various stats to use and be aware of. There is a ranking and points awarded after success.

The Space combat is fluid and well done for the type of experience.

Everything is voiced professionally and there's a Deapool vibe to the 'Player Character'. If you can read it - it's most always verbally spoken. (see space combat screen capture below)

I'll keep my eye on this and will likely drop some cash on the Patreon after completion (I don't agree with 'endless' payment for a product - only services like a subscription)

Spoiler

1491867059_SubverseMenuscreen.png.a6eec6bbc65b6a10a702a44fa316b39f.png499170607_SubverseSpaceCombat.png.88784e842e45cd5967d076c08072a73c.png

Spoiler

I have Subverse but I quit cause I was horrible with the very first boss on his ship, kept dying several times and quit for for now.

Been watching playthroughs of all the fatal frame games and I wish they would put them on the nintendo switch

Edit: I want to get and play Resident Evil 8 Village with the vampire Lady Dimitrescu and her vampire daughters

• 3 weeks later...

Grounded.

Since so many games I have are similar, I decided to support this and get it out of my wish list. I see a lot of complaints in the forums, but that is simply the entitled generation whom bought into an early access title wanting it NOW!. I bought Subnautica early - played about a week, then put it down for over a year waiting on it to be finished. That was a very successful venture.

Big problem is YouTubers competing for views are now looking for click-bait in the form of early access games that 10,000 other people aren't also covering. If the game looks good and gains views, all the other click-baiters start making vids which causes a lot of people to buy the game, not really considering it's early access and then when they run into bugs or finish the minimal content - start stomping their feet like little children in the forums. <sigh>

>>> Anyways, Having done mushrooms (yeah, those kind) back in '89 and renting 'Honey, I Shrunk the Kids', this game has been on my radar and so far it's the only thing I've played in the last couple days since purchase. That itself is reason to mention it. While I never 'tell' people how to play a game, I feel that if someone decides like me to give this a look and support development with interest and a purchase, Please, do not go online and watch a bunch of videos or try to learn anything/everything about it before playing. Discovery and personal experience is a wonderful thing 'lost' in this age of the internet. Sure, once you know 'what' to look up - then go ahead and do a little research, but just don't spoil the initial reaction if you can help it - it's worth it.

Adding: I purchased with intent of single player only for transparency.

Spoiler

Grounded_2021_05.14-08_38_33.png.ce2becb63fdb0898b1e5b9be2c9070f5.pngGrounded_2021_05.14-08_42_33.png.6bc11fd416cd973abf2be91801ed32e4.pngGrounded_2021_05.14-08_44_27.png.dfee6943e1c56054228a0e33df820e2e.png

Madness? This Is Sparta!

Grounded_2021_05.15-04_13_53.png.6084912e803de87497d9760f4c3e63ef.png

Well, that's Nier Replicant's E ending then. Nice, complex, twisty story that i expected, but left me with "misery blue balls". I AM NOT DEPRESSED HERE! :classic_angry:

I still prefer Automata.

And of course the PC port is shit, but that goes without saying.

Should i then get into the ME Legendary edition? Not sure if i want to commit to that trilogy, especially since i hate everything about the first game. Except Mako :trollface:

2 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Should i then get into the ME Legendary edition? Not sure if i want to commit to that trilogy, especially since i hate everything about the first game. Except Mako :trollface:

The Mako has changed. A lot. A much easier ride and easier to control the damn thing. 

You can skip the first game. I'm not crazy about the first game either. I love the lore, it *was* the game play. But that has also changed. So I am replaying ME1 for the first time since it came out. Will continue to 2 and 3. 

But you are right, you don't play ME in one night. It's a commitment. Especially if you plan to play all 3 games and DLC's. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 7:51 AM, ToJKa said:

Well, that's Nier Replicant's E ending then. Nice, complex, twisty story that i expected, but left me with "misery blue balls". I AM NOT DEPRESSED HERE! :classic_angry:

I still prefer Automata.

And of course the PC port is shit, but that goes without saying.

If one insists on playing Mass Effect, one must play it properly as defined by certain game critics. 

12 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

If one insists on playing Mass Effect, one must play it properly as defined by certain game critics. 

...I hate the world and everyone in it.

But atleast the devs avoided making any edits to the game, apart from that one camera angle edit. Urinalist punching, hostage killing and slave trade assisting are all still in.

Yet somehow they managed to make gameplay in ME1 even worse :classic_laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Ninja Gaiden Master Collection. I'm old enough to have played the first game but never got into the second and third. And it always reminds me of when Game Informer was still good instead of being a haven of urinalists who couldn't get into political reporting and take out their resentment on gamers. That was the first time I'd ever seen a game get a perfect 10/10 and the tagline read, "Thank you, sir! May I have another?" because the game truly is that brutal but rewarding.

I've been playing around with Terminator: Resistance to test out AMD's FSR. I'm impressed with the upscale to 4k using the Ultra Quality preset. Apparently, it's fairly easy for developers to implement, and it's free performance that's available to Nvidia users too. I hope it gets a lot of support.

Playing Bannerlord rather extensively.   I'm a pro with a lance/spear either on horseback or foot.    Nothing as satisfying as a headshot with a lance at full gallop and seeing the victim do a backwards somersault off his horse.    50% extra damage to headshot perk in polearms is godly with a very high polearm skill. 

What makes it special is that polearm is probably the most difficult weapon skill to master especially if you only use piercing polearms and even more so on horseback.   (slashing polearms is easy mode by comparision) 

And...Captivity Events for the game is great. Love it. 

For a change of pace,  Fallout4 or Skyrim SE when the mood strikes me although I have Mass Effect Legendary Edition installed.  And playing Crusader Kings 2 on occasion.

I always have a red haired and fair skinned avie in all of those games. LOL

Edited by Celedhring