"What are you playing" thread

Done another stint in Gothic. Had some trouble getting even the gog version to work, but after that was done... still jank and fun af.

Also did complete Jedi Fallen Order in January.

Game has its problems but ultimately is a very fun experience. Best SW game in years even without the established cast.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, b43t1ngUPj3w5 said:

Why are toxic People like THIS even allowed here? I mean you asked and he gave you an answer, where is even the Point to attack and insult the other Person? Look Guys im Female what means i can behave like a untamed Egdelord like cmon can we just stop being mean to others? Are not there are already enough Negativity in Online Communities? Jesus Christ

gee, you're right. I'm sorry for being such a bully, LL user "beatingupjews." I should learn to be nice and not edgy like you. 

Edited by BrinaFlute
34 minutes ago, b43t1ngUPj3w5 said:

this is why i choosed such kind of name, just so that i can look if you are trying to pick on to it for your counterattack. i proved that you are not worthy of the community and all you can giving back to me is blaming my name. would of been alot smarter just to NOT reply you know because getting the attention was all i tried to achieve. look guys someones trying to poke me with a stick, let me attack back and drop all my decency because im not strong enough to ignore the bullies. i could go on and go on but its just funny to me at this point. 

It seems like my comment has been primarily interpreted as me kinkshaming and being toxic, but to clarify (not that anyone cares)- I was not trying to insult this user for using those sorts of mods. 

At the time I posted this comment there was an incident in which someone came into a discord server asking for help with his fallen mods, and thus everyone reacted negatively. The user, however, seemed genuinely oblivious and confused in regards to why he was getting this response, and kept asking, "so can you help me? does this mean you can help me?" Seeing this comment reminded me of that incident, and it was not supposed to be "ew he uses fallen, gross," but rather, "my dude, read the room..." because discussing those sorts of mods is against LL rules. 

I happen to be Jewish, and while I am not at all offended by your name (I'm very used to people being offensive and edgy on the internet), I still find it extremely ironic that you are preaching to me about not being toxic and edgy. It's like if someone named "Nwordsshoulddie" came up to me and was like "hey, you should be nice to people. treat them with kindness." 

45 minutes ago, b43t1ngUPj3w5 said:

Me too, right. See for me its just sad because there is no talking to toxic People like you because its basically branded in your personality to just randomly attack people whenever something bad happens in your life you know. I cant and i dont want to get that Mindset out of your Body but said satanic People are all over the Place these Days and nice Ones like me are kinda forced to hide from you Guys basically just to survive. Its such a Mess

I mean this with all kindness. Please go outside and touch some grass. 

Lost myself in Lost Ark for the past few weeks. It's more MMO than I anticipated with running around doing petty quests for incompetent people (eg farmers that can't find their farming equipment and such). Though there is a bit too much running around, the combat feeling is fantastic, endgame content is challenging (and requires teamwork) and despite it being F2P only the actual endgame content compells you to spend money to shorten the upgrade process, the rest of it being cosmetics and shortcuts but not actual p2w unless endgame.

The sheer amount of stuff you can do is astonishing, and everything gets unlocked gradually as you progress through the main story, so I never really felt overwhelmed with all the stuff you can do and upgrade, although some of it could be explained a little better.

Overall recommendable if you like MMOs and / or aRPGs.

Screenshot_220307_092844.jpg

Screenshot_220225_104654.jpg

16 hours ago, Swanky said:

Lost myself in Lost Ark for the past few weeks. It's more MMO than I anticipated with running around doing petty quests for incompetent people (eg farmers that can't find their farming equipment and such). Though there is a bit too much running around, the combat feeling is fantastic, endgame content is challenging (and requires teamwork) and despite it being F2P only the actual endgame content compells you to spend money to shorten the upgrade process, the rest of it being cosmetics and shortcuts but not actual p2w unless endgame.

The sheer amount of stuff you can do is astonishing, and everything gets unlocked gradually as you progress through the main story, so I never really felt overwhelmed with all the stuff you can do and upgrade, although some of it could be explained a little better.

Overall recommendable if you like MMOs and / or aRPGs.

Screenshot_220307_092844.jpg

Screenshot_220225_104654.jpg

Looking at the first screenshot, I can see why Lost Ark is being compared to TERA. That Gunslinger outfit is extremely similar to what TERA has in it. 

I am sure that there are gameplay similarities and there is bound to be some player base overlap due to sharing a genre but it must surely be that one character costume that does it.

13 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Looking at the first screenshot, I can see why Lost Ark is being compared to TERA. That Gunslinger outfit is extremely similar to what TERA has in it. 

I am sure that there are gameplay similarities and there is bound to be some player base overlap due to sharing a genre but it must surely be that one character costume that does it.

Interesting. I have not played TERA although I've seen some of the armor conversions which look quite lovely. Can't comment on its gameplay; Lost Ark plays pretty close to Sacred actually, with more bits and pieces and things to explore, and it also shares its isometric combat with Sacred and Diablo.

Edited by Swanky
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had 'The Medium' in my backlog. Bought it on sale and just now got around to checking it out. I tend to not look at any game play video of games that I'm interested in. My interest is generated by other players 'scores' and posts or comments for games I'm not familiar with.

What I did not expect was returning to the very 1st PC game I ever played. Alone in the Dark. My mother had that on an early notebook back around 1992. While it's not the same game, the first thing I noticed was the camera is static while you move the player character around a location looking for clues entrance/exits. There appear to be several game play mechanics I have yet to get into but all in all I can tell this is probably best played in short sessions when I'm relaxed - like reading a book.

Doesn't look bad at all and appears to be made to accept the next gen video cards with mention of the RTX3080i. I did see the Ray Tracing setting while going through them.

Kenshi.

A weird, cruel, beautifully twisted open world squad RPG. 

So after trying several different starts and playing until uh "early midgame content" a few times (like, raid cannibals until they become easy then start doing lost libraries and other "dungeons", I started installing more and more mods.

Then became bored - and installed more mods, "dancers" for brothel furniture and "one kenshi" for silly clothing.

Latest playthough we're not killing cannibals ... we're mostly chilling in a brothel in Stoat :D 

Spoiler

screenshot_24.jpg.587460055cfa0928e51a8b874ce6c931.jpgscreenshot_22.jpg.66792cf67c57f8571add9b84558821b5.jpgscreenshot_21.jpg.1ae3fab4494280e30f68fe4a961308f9.jpg

[It's viable but slow: Dancer mod "pose pillow" slowly generates money; dance pillow and hanging pole train Dexterity and Stamina. I have a second building where the guys make food and Sake; just keep spending all my money on more science books (to unlock more skimpy armors) rather than saving it up for a third building. Guess I'll  start yet another different playthrough soon anyway :D.]

Edited by Yotix
  • 4 weeks later...

Been having a blast with The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos, a fanmade Gothic which is extremely faithful to what made the original so great, along with a few welcome quality of life improvements. It's one of those projects that blur the line between mod and actual new game and I heavily recommend it.

662px-AC-302.jpg

7 hours ago, AzureBrute said:

Been having a blast with The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos, a fanmade Gothic which is extremely faithful to what made the original so great, along with a few welcome quality of life improvements. It's one of those projects that blur the line between mod and actual new game and I heavily recommend it.

662px-AC-302.jpg

If you install it can you still play the normal Gothic II game without uninstalling it first?  Does it just add new ways to play the game, or even launch as another game, or does it change Gothic II completely?

On 5/20/2022 at 7:42 PM, axz2 said:

If you install it can you still play the normal Gothic II game without uninstalling it first?  Does it just add new ways to play the game, or even launch as another game, or does it change Gothic II completely?

It changes the game, although since it's available via both GOG and Steam, uninstalling it through the clients might clean it up just fine and let you play the vanilla game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you wouldn't mind me recommending a game I've been playing a while, but it's called Degrees of Lewdity. I'll put the link to the actual place to get it here, in case anyone would like to try it out. There's been a few fake sites popping up for it, this is the game's blogspot with changelogs and the most recent versions. Gets updated about every month.

Degrees of Lewdity (vrelnir.blogspot.com)

Also, I've been doing lots of scav runs on shoreline in Tarkov, and a bit of Rust.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:49 AM, Doctor Cadaver said:

Had Nioh 2 for a few days now.

I hadn't heard of this so I had a quick look on YT. I might give it a go once I've finished Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen.

I'm enjoying DDDA but it would certainly be great if we had a DDDA 2.

17 hours ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

the dungeons are linear, (unlike Elden Ring) and the game is also known for its difficulty.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I'm approaching the end game of DDDA so it will probably be sometime next week before I actually finish unless the end game annoys me and I leave it.