"What are you playing" thread

I expected to just play some CyberPunk 2077 but it looks like I got a bonus game of 'Lost in Translation' to play with. I am guessing that the word for Big in Poland doesn't quite match up to what big is in the Anglosphere.

Would they grasp the concept of Super Sizing then? McDonald's seems to be everywhere these days so that wouldn't be the least bit surprising. 

1715006270_Cyberpunk2077Screenshot2020_12.10-10_26_11_16.thumb.png.8682ef2984e3c9b06fe5443db5a8ec46.png

If one went into this expecting Deus Ex with cars rather than The Witcher 3/Grand Theft Auto 5 in 'The Future', one will likely find oneself pleasantly surprised. Any other expectations were unfounded hype that could only end in ultimate disappointment as no game could deliver on the false promises that the user base themselves made on the developers' behalf. 

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

Deus Ex with cars

Would the size be anywhere close to Arkham Knight, if you played that Batman game?

Based on your selection of examples, I decided mentioning Mad Max, or Middle Earth: Shadow of War were probably also too large as well.

Given the fact they now have all the assets and are ironing out the bugs, Players may get a surprise (?) with a much larger version in the future. Cyberpunk 2088 anyone?

2 hours ago, landess said:

Would the size be anywhere close to Arkham Knight, if you played that Batman game?

Based on your selection of examples, I decided mentioning Mad Max, or Middle Earth: Shadow of War were probably also too large as well.

Given the fact they now have all the assets and are ironing out the bugs, Players may get a surprise (?) with a much larger version in the future. Cyberpunk 2088 anyone?

The city size is close to what was present in Arkham Knight but thankfully, there are no Riddler Races to bother with. It also does not seem to be filled with to many extraneous activity in general, at least not 4 or so hours in so it may not fall prey to open world empty content bloat yet. 

• 4 weeks later...

Cyberpunk 2077. Been playing since release and I've racked up over a hundred hours already. Getting ready to start my 3rd playthrough as a Sniper/arm rocket crazy Nomad! Loving this game, this is the game that comes to mind when you say, "what if all the modders at LL created a game?"

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hiderius said:

thought about getting cyberpunk 2077 but I heard complaints that it doesn't play at all on ps4/xbox one. That their is cut content and that it plays okay on pc.

Let's just say that there are "issues" and leave it at that. I'd wait until

closer to the end of the year for a shot at a better experience.

I'm currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. And it's amazing on my mid-range

PC:

Horizon Zero Dawn_Tue_Jan_26_01-49-15_2021.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Tue_Jan_26_01-50-08_2021.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Tue_Jan_26_21-04-32_2021.png

Horizon Zero Dawn_Tue_Jan_26_23-06-34_2021.png

And it's 10 bucks cheaper (with it's first DLC) on Steam than Cyberpunk 2077.

54 minutes ago, Trykz said:

I'm currently playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. And it's amazing on my mid-range

PC:

They actually fixed the performance issues of HZD PC port? ?

Because i was looking forward to that back on release, and decided to run away screaming instead 

Spoiler

I'm still stuck in Cyberpunk, ever since release.

I'd love to get into the Everspace 2 and Baldur's Gate 3 Early Accessess, but i can't.

2 hours ago, ToJKa said:

They actually fixed the performance issues of HZD PC port? ?

Because i was looking forward to that back on release, and decided to run away screaming instead 

Cyberpunk is the first game I've bought within 30 days of release in quite a while. And admittedly, because of all the hype.

I won't make that mistake ever again. But HZD runs smooth as glass on my rig:

i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.19 GHz
RAM  16.0 GB

GeForce GTX 1070

I'm unaware of the performance issues you mentioned, as I didn't really look into

HZD until after the Cyberpunk debacle. No regrets with HZD after 67 hours. At best I

think I'm about 50% through the game. Mostly because I'm doing all the side quests

and errands as I come across them.

1 hour ago, Trykz said:

But HZD runs smooth as glass on my rig:

i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz   3.19 GHz
RAM  16.0 GB

GeForce GTX 1070

Great. I have a I7-6700k and RTX 2080TI, so should have no issues either. I'll get the PC version the next time i want to replay it. As i'm always a sniper aiming the bows should be a lot easier with a mouse and real framerates?

Runs CP on 3440x1440 fine too, except some parts of Charter Hill and City Center while the roads are wet. The RTX reflections look damn sexy, but they do eat a lot of frames. Can't play comfortably with full RTX lighting, though (or "Psycho" in RTX lights setting).

And yes, shouldn't pre-order or buy right after release, but i'm only human :classic_happy:

I've made exceptions for some Early Access games based on a dev's previous performance, though. Like the aforementioned BG3.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:28 PM, ToJKa said:

Great. I have a I7-6700k and RTX 2080TI, so should have no issues either. I'll get the PC version the next time i want to replay it. As i'm always a sniper aiming the bows should be a lot easier with a mouse and real framerates?

Runs CP on 3440x1440 fine too, except some parts of Charter Hill and City Center while the roads are wet. The RTX reflections look damn sexy, but they do eat a lot of frames. Can't play comfortably with full RTX lighting, though (or "Psycho" in RTX lights setting).

And yes, shouldn't pre-order or buy right after release, but i'm only human :classic_happy:

I've made exceptions for some Early Access games based on a dev's previous performance, though. Like the aforementioned BG3.

You should be fine.

However, I would recommend downgrading to the 461.09 driver if you're currently

running the 491.40 driver. For some reason, when the 461.40 driver is installed, the

game wants to re-run the shader optimization every time you load up the game. You

may or may not have the issue, but in the event you do, you'll know what to do to

resolve it quickly.

I figured this out purely by accident, since I bought the game "before" the 461.40

driver was released by NVidia.

Been slowly checking out my 'Xmas' purchases from Steam finally. I needed a bit of room and pushed through both Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Devil May Cry 5. I didn't realize how close to the end of both I was. Sure it took me over a year to complete them, but every time I played they felt new and I was quite entertained.

----------------

Finally loaded up Metro Exodus. I waited till Steam had it as well, and the sale price including the DLC was worth the wait.

----------------

While I played both previous installments and recommend them - solid game play, story and characters.... I was a bit surprised in how the title of the game was 'literal'. No more creeping through tunnels and sewers for the most part. There are still interiors, and the game doesn't stray too far from the linear style. But now there are zones, salvaging, and a 'bit' of crafting. The characters are still top shelf, and the story has me playing it all the way through.

Minor exploration rewards with new mod options for the weapons and personal gear found as a form of 'loot'. Not too much either. It all feels quite organic - especially considering the direction many games have gone (overboard).

A focused game can be so much more enjoyable when you don't put the main story on the shelf to do a million other things. Once again, I have to put this up there with the 'must play' group.

20210202152511_1.jpg.d3a787e9e039e02057cae95917115630.jpg20210204033201_1.jpg.0d133729370aef55c026cd4cba7e65b1.jpg

There are 'minor' side mission objectives such as complete stealthily, or don't harm 'non combatants' type stuff which is given through dialogue, but seems not to affect anything but a mention of whether or not they were completed. I have yet to see anything 'karma' related to these specifically which is nice - I dislike when a game hounds me or forces a play style which feels more like jumping through hoops.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I found out there are two endings depending on your actions - I was far from an 'angel', yet I wasn't a prick and tried to help the innocent. I did achieve the 'good' ending, so I know the game is fairly forgiving....

WW2 grand strategy. Finally got a good start playing the Americans where neither France or the U.K. go rogue and join the axis. Allies faction is strong and we're winning taking German and Italian territory, then the U.K. gets the bright idea to declare on Yugoslavia adding another fifty divisions to the axis. Meanwhile I've got a dozen lousy divisions guarding the border with Nationalist Spain who has over a hundred more divs ready to invade a wide open southern France since they can't be bothered to guard it themselves. Like I've read somewhere before, ai is gonna ai and there ain't much you can do about it, lol. :smirk:

• 3 weeks later...

Finished Super Gore Nest Master Level in Doom Eternal on Ultra-Violence. Not bad for a fat 40-year old who's given up on life ?

Must have taken nearly two hours to get trough that one level. If the Ancient Gods 2 is going to be that level of difficulty, it's going to take some doing. But i'll do it anyway :classic_cool:

Here's someone who makes it looks easy on Ultra-Nightmare

Spoiler

I started playing Skyrim VR over the weekend. I just wanted to view some locations and creatures at full scale, and that's pretty much it. I didn't expect to enjoy the game so much. A lot of details I take for granted in the standard versions really get my attention in VR. I'm having a blast dungeon crawling, fighting draugr, and exploring the world.

Aside from using Bijin Warmaidens Lydia, I'm trying to keep things vanilla-like. But the default body and face textures had to go because NPCs look very sick or like zombies that just escaped from Dead Island. I now have 3 installations of Skyrim :facepalm: so I'm trying to hold back on installing a ton of mods for Skyrim VR. I'm trying :classic_laugh: