"What are you playing" thread

On 8/7/2020 at 9:18 PM, MrEsturk said:

Super Ghost's N Ghouls: Waifu edition.

1518828615_GhoulsGhosts_ModdedG022.png.28ea102180cb4846e3619784d40b53a7.png

Apparently in this version Arthur was slacking off somewhere so one of the princess's chambermaids decided to step up to the challenge. Certainly makes the hero being so clumsy and frail make more sense...

Seeing that Arthurian transformation again makes me think about Battle Princess Madelyn.

Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any transformation that turns her into a young man seemingly experiencing severe premature aging.

• 3 weeks later...

Control was released on Steam, and since it's by Finnish studio, i am required to play it ?

Pretty basic, if solid third person shooter with supernatural abilities. But love the setting, especially that chant constantly going on in the background

Spoiler

You are a worm through time. The thunder song distorts you. Happiness comes. White pearls, but yellow and red in the eye. Through a mirror, inverted is made right. Leave your insides by the door. Push the fingers through the surface into the wet. You've always been the new you. You don't want this to be true. We stand around you while you dream. You can almost hear our words but you forget. This happens more and more now. You gave us the permission in your regulations. We wait in the stains. The word that describes this is redacted. Repeat the word. The name of the sound. It resonates in your house. After the song, time for applause. We build you till nothing remains. The egg cracks and the truth will emerge out of you. You are home. You remind us of home. You've taken your boss with your boss with you. All hair must be eaten. Under the conceptual reality behind this reality you must want these waves to drag you away. After the song, time for applause. The cliche is death out of time, breaking the first the second the third the fourth wall, the fifth wall, floor; no floor: you fall! How do you say "insane"? Hurts to be happy. An ear worm is a tune you can't stop humming in a dream: "baby baby baby yeah". Just plastic. So, safe and nothing to worry about. Ha ha, funny. The last egg breaks now. The hole in your room is a hole in you. You came and we let you in through the hole in you. You have always been here, the only child. A copy of a copy of a copy. Orange peel. The picture is you holding the picture. When you hear this you will know you're the new you. You want to listen. You want to dream. You want to smile. You want to hurt. You don't want to be.

And of course the janitor directly translating finnish idioms and swearing in finnish is great ?

Anyway, it's late and sunday, so i need to sleep so i don't throw the spoon in the corner tomorrow, perkele!

Currently playing Crusader Kings 3 and have a lot of fun with it. I'm enjoying building my harem :)) I tried some other Paradox game before like EU4 and HOI4 but can't never get into it because of how complicated they are but in CK3 they made thing a lot easier for beginner. The UI is more user friendly and there is a short tutorial tell you all the basic you need to know about the game.

ck3_2020_09_05_08_49_08_765.jpg

Just finished Subnautica.

Great indie survival / horror game set in the ocean.

-GAne6ZIcNgCT6GXahZxSHceP3jiu2ne8sR-KGZq

At first you think "Well this is a neat survival game". But after diving into the deep for the first time an unsettling feeling introduces itself, and even if you've been there before, for me it never really leaves. :D Also, the first time you hear a not so pleasant roar... you may shit your pants. I know I missed a heartbeat for sure.

Overall good build mechanics, great exploration and setting, and very good atmosphere.

Can easily recommend for people that like base building and getting scared. Takes probably around 30 - 60 hours to complete, depending how much you like to explore and build.

Alien ocean. Should really play more of that game myself, i just get bored of those survival needs so quickly.

Anyway, finished Control. As a previous message suggested, had some trouble againts the AWE expansion boss ? But when did i start whining instead of emabracing the challenge? I turned into a bitter old man without noticing :classic_ohmy:

Regardless, cool game, even if combat encounters get quite ridiculous towards the end. Loved the SCP theme and all the mindbending and extradimensional stuff. AWE expansion tying it to Alan Wake was also a cool stuff, but was the entire thing his writing? The Hiss apparently was.

Music sucked though. Except for the one real piece  :classic_cool:

Should focus on Wasteland 3 next, but still suffering from restartitis.

Reinstalled 7 Days toDie recently, just to check out the newest Alpha 19 updates. Quite a difference in graphics and gameplay from my last install (think it was A-16 or so), but much of my time in this version has been modding many aspects I found to be either lacking, missing or just plain irritating (the zombie bird's concussion chance is idiotic when wearing a football or military helmet!).

And, although decent changes to the zombie's appearances were made as well, I'd expected the same for the character avatars. Dudes look better for the most part, but the women look like they've just stepped out of a drug rehab clinic, had a traffic accident driving home, and THEN were dropped into the game after a short stint in a hospital! Needs better model assets and work on the appearance sliders, but the devs have plans for this in later builds. Wouldn't rely on modders to fix such issues since this is still in an alpha phase, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

20200920145144_1gvjq7.jpg

Another project done, this time Titan Quest, an aRPG not too unlike Diablo. Its focus is more towards single player, with a very long, scenic and static campaign. The experience is oldschool and can get pretty brutal at times. Did this in about 80 hours ingame time, a selffound hardcore run all the way through max difficulty.

Great game for people that like aRPGs but the type where the monitor does not explode every 5 feet with effects. Also a great game for people that like oldschool experiences. If you're not sure, Diablo 2 speedrunner MrLlamaSC has started playing this game blind a couple of days ago, so it's a great 1st look as well.

Been playing Midnight Castle Succubus. A hentai themed classic Castlevania clone:

2057107319_bandicam2020-09-2720-15-22-769A.png.8f18e9030816abb42bbfadfd84f1e625.png1901680473_bandicam2020-09-2623-15-27-433A.png.04357c3db94ff5c4c7e34c14dd2d78cc.png

Funny thing is despite being a bargain bin hentai game being sold on Steam it is actually been pretty good so far. It could almost pass for a high quality NES era adventure game if it weren't for the adult themes. Though I'm really starting to wish these throwback developers would aim for at least Sega Master System color quality rather than their obsession with NES style.

On 9/24/2020 at 5:46 PM, Swanky said:

this time Titan Quest

I also played it with the 'Underlord' mod years ago. I was looking at the Lilith mods but moved on to other things and never returned.

Currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn - bingeing actually and after close to 70 hours in a week am taking a break. I'm at the 'final' quest with the DLC waiting.

I had a variety of feelings about the game which changed as I played it. Visuals aside, It felt a little cliched when I started. Many other games mechanics were observed and some of the facial animations made me cringe. Voice acting seemed to have way too many dramatic pauses during delivery. Once I got away from the starting area and began the game in earnest, the story began really taking shape and choosing skills suiting my style of gameplay early on was satisfying. Like other games I enjoy - my first impression was some bastard child of Far Cry Primal and Monster Hunter World which has a better story than either with more layers which kept me intrigued as I plowed through the world and it's narrative.

Once I was completely invested in the game it became easy to forget my original impression and settled in for quite a ride. I'm thankful Sony decided to release this for the PC and choosing to wait while the biggest issues with the port were addressed was a sound strategy. After installing, I set everything to 'ultra' and began my journey. It's been easy to overlook the 'feminist' angle the game hints at and the main character Aloy (Alloy - I get it, metal references) made me laugh with her occasional prudish reactions to the rare sexual innuendo.

If someone was on the fence about this, I can say I avoided ALL videos and other media so when I did get it even though almost 3 years old, it was new to me and I've enjoyed it. A good purchase.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I've been playing Monster Hunter World. Can't say whether I love it or hate it.

Feels clunky and a bit repetitive. Still my completionist streak says I gotta finish it. Who knows. Maybe I'll come to like it. *shrug*

It's quite odd the 'explorer' in me wasn't captivated by the level design. Instead a lot of it makes my 'brain hurt' for lack of a better term. Beautiful game - interesting premise - story is functional - characters are typical Japanese console fodder - 'Monsters' really are the heart of the game as they and the environments are top-shelf.

Yet I too found myself less than motivated. I went back to play it recently after several months off and I had no valid save - I had to start over! Granted I had already 'made it' to the 2nd continent/biome and was just getting started there but this really slowed my interest - I think I only got 2 more play sessions in and it sits. Meanwhile all the talk and news is about the expansion I never bought.

>>> Upcoming movie doesn't look like it'll make any new gamers either.....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I myself have been messing with a couple odd little Indie games in between sessions of the larger AAA offerings:

Night of Revenge - And I'm NOT a side-scrolling fan - I guess it's true, just add sex......

Spoiler

90 Seconds Slave - Surprisingly solid Slave training simulator with heavy emphasis on BDSM and sex - both story and sandbox modes. At first it 'looked' like Mr. Prepper but with the ability to take the camera 'into' the rooms and Orbit or First person view I quickly was drawn in. The Slaves themselves have limited but effective customization options if you choose to "order one" instead of buying a pre-rolled with some basic skills/stats. I didn't see any competent videos on the subject.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=90+seconds+slave&atb=v209-1&iax=images&ia=images

I just stopped playing Monster Hunter somewhere in the... death pit, whatever it was called, and never continued ?‍♂️ Didn't really manage to capture me.

Meanwhile, bouncing between Wasteland 3, Baldur's Gate 3 and Outer Worlds, making little progress in any of them.

Also have a nice colony going in Oxygen Not Included, actually dug my way all the way to space for the first time, but the germ and temperature situation is getting bad again, so ABANDON SHIP ?

Well, should be salvageable, if those lazy bastards would build the fucking water lock i've ordered them to, and if i had the patience to wait for the hot steam geyser water to cool down in the ice biome. Also need more insulation between me and the nearest steam geyser. I have access to two steam AND natural gas geysers, which means infinite water and power, so i'd hate to abandon it.

11 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I've been playing Monster Hunter World. Can't say whether I love it or hate it.

Feels clunky and a bit repetitive. Still my completionist streak says I gotta finish it. Who knows. Maybe I'll come to like it. *shrug*

After giving all of the weapons a try to see if one of the play styles is to your liking, you can attempt a co-op session as the game truly shines as a multiplayer experience (whether a hunting party is a well-composed efficiently functioning machine or a dysfunctional wreck).

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

game truly shines as a multiplayer experience

I can believe this would be good with friends or other 'casuals'. Although from reading some to try and get an inside track on the game after playing it enough to get my feet good and wet - I saw the majority of posts seemed to be written by many 13 year old elite-ists. Don't do this or you suck. Don't do that or you suck. Too many players suck. That's suck equipment. That's a suck class. You suck at playing your class. Yes, a whole lotta suck....

Perhaps like a lot of things, this 'loud' posing is just a very small group making a lot of noise, but since I hadn't reached a point where I 'needed' help, I've never been able to corroborate my suspicions. Needless to say, just reading the forums was draining.

Before my saves vanished - I had been trying to use the glaive, and felt competent. After having to restart I switched to a bow. Seems I was rolling and avoiding no matter what, so at least the bow allowed attacks from a distance.

6 minutes ago, landess said:

I can believe this would be good with friends or other 'casuals'. Although from reading some to try and get an inside track on the game after playing it enough to get my feet good and wet - I saw the majority of posts seemed to be written by many 13 year old elite-ists. Don't do this or you suck. Don't do that or you suck. Too many players suck. That's suck equipment. That's a suck class. You suck at playing your class. Yes, a whole lotta suck....

Perhaps like a lot of things, this 'loud' posing is just a very small group making a lot of noise, but since I hadn't reached a point where I 'needed' help, I've never been able to corroborate my suspicions. Needless to say, just reading the forums was draining.

Before my saves vanished - I had been trying to use the glaive, and felt competent. After having to restart I switched to a bow. Seems I was rolling and avoiding no matter what, so at least the bow allowed attacks from a distance.

One can always sort out the riff-raff with the Steam Block feature if they get to be too much of an annoyance. They might be the minority by far but there are enough of them where I am sure that they would be a deterrent for newer players to actually 'Git Gud' before being driven off by all of their elite 'Tisms.

There are enough well socialized sorts in the player base that I've actually had to delete Guild Cards to make room for new ones (usually from players who have not been active for a few months), though.

11 hours ago, landess said:

It's quite odd the 'explorer' in me wasn't captivated by the level design. Instead a lot of it makes my 'brain hurt' for lack of a better term. Beautiful game - interesting premise - story is functional - characters are typical Japanese console fodder - 'Monsters' really are the heart of the game as they and the environments are top-shelf.

Yet I too found myself less than motivated. I went back to play it recently after several months off and I had no valid save - I had to start over! Granted I had already 'made it' to the 2nd continent/biome and was just getting started there but this really slowed my interest - I think I only got 2 more play sessions in and it sits. Meanwhile all the talk and news is about the expansion I never bought.

>>> Upcoming movie doesn't look like it'll make any new gamers either.....

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I myself have been messing with a couple odd little Indie games in between sessions of the larger AAA offerings:

Night of Revenge - And I'm NOT a side-scrolling fan - I guess it's true, just add sex......

Reveal hidden contents

I kind of get it. There isn't much of a go and kill things simplicity of other games and can even feel grindy at times.

I checked out the Night of Revenge. As silly as it sounds the asymmetrical skirt on the main character makes me feel like Kid from the anime Soul Eater. If you know what I mean.

Spoiler

Death_the_Kid_funny_XD_by_Shimarisu808.j

• 3 weeks later...

Hah, Finally got around to finishing DOOM 2016 - That only took 3 years. Hard drive space is forcing me to begin clearing my backlog.

I keep looking at the 150GB RDR2 - finished 2 play through's and trying to decided if that needs to go as well.

Now I'm looking at Shadow of Mordor, Hitman 2, Devil May Cry 5, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, and FF XV. All these have been sitting there for some time waiting on me to get off my ass and make some progress. I need a time lock on the Steam store for at least 6 months.... 

Came across something called Project Wingman, an Ace Combat style unrealistic flight shooter, that should be releasing in a couple of weeks.

Lower budget production than AC, as evidenced by the rampant AKA-47, but seems to actually play somewhat better. Also VR and ultra-wide support, that AC7 PC does not have. It does have VR on PS4, but it's just a mini-campaign.

Metric fuckton of missiles, giant flying things called "cruisers", more kills on a single mission than in the real world's all air battles put together, all the good stuff.

Try the (very old) demo:

https://rb-d2.itch.io/wingman

Edit: Never mind, it's a bit too "indie". As in AI can't do anything but fly in circles and thus "difficulty" is achieved by making everything and every thing of a thing and also air missile. And "bosses" fire everything in all directions at all times.

I'm sorry i cheated on you Ace Combat, please take me back!

• 3 weeks later...

Space Engineers but I'm just digging holes in the ground and building trucks with guns. Ground Engineers. I also made a gargantuan spinning dildo using rotors and strapped a shitload of rotating lights to it.

Now I have to install a bunch of mods (oh god I hope it will work and won't turn into endless tard wrangling) that add ground combat. Building stuff is cool, but there's no point if there are no test subjects. Maybe I'll try multiplayer. People might get upset if I'll accidentally blow up half of our base, but oh well. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.