Covid19

14 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

The more I see this happening around the world, the more I doubt the death rate of 3.4% much less the low end of 1%. 

Take this percentage of resolved/closed cases: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ True, this isn't accurate since we would have to test everyone on the planet to make sure this is an accurate percentage, but 15% is damned high, 2 days ago it was at 13%. Since that report I linked above, 1K+ people have died. Italy stands at 45% dead in closed cases https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/

Reveal hidden contents

Italy also has the 2nd oldest per capita population on planet earth and a active smoker rate of 25%, they're going to have more deaths than most based on those things alone. There's also clearly a set of markers that the virus is looking for that we don't understand or know what look for, such as how pervasive it is versus differing blood types, and why people that are around it but not infected until late in gestation tend to have super severe symptomology.

Also pretty sure pakistan, india and mexico are going to make Italy look like disneyland, because the ratio of medicos and hospitals to people is way WAY less than Italy.

11 minutes ago, 27X said:

Italy also has the 2nd oldest per capita population on planet earth and a active smoker rate of 25%, they're going to have more deaths than most based on those things alone. There's also clearly a set of markers that the virus is looking for that we don't understand or know what look for, such as how pervasive it is versus differing blood types, and why people that are around it but not infected until late in gestation tend to have super severe symptomology.

Also pretty sure pakistan, india and mexico are going to make Italy look like disneyland, because the ratio of medicos and hospitals to people is way WAY less than Italy.

Old saying: "Prevention is better than cure!", but will people listen?

i always hate it when politics abuses this for their own political gains.. dissasters like these could/should have been averted from the start. but they waited too long it almost seems like they actually did this on purpose.. and only acted when the virus has spread across the globe instead of doing an immidiate lockdown after China.

btw they knew months ago that this was coming but they did nothing..?

On 3/24/2020 at 8:00 PM, worik said:

Best time ever to find a healthier addiction and quit the unhealthy smoking habit. :classic_smile:

not in million years as in matter of fact i will keep smoking now more then ever if i am going to die it will be to my own vollition..

19 hours ago, gregathit said:

Friendly reminder, keep the politics and the "this country good, this country bad" nonsensical bullshit to yourself.  First off, no one gives a shit about your opinion and second, it violates forum rules.

its true but it was caused because of politics and now its world epidemic.. so you cant have this thread without mentioning of politics these 2 goes hand in hand.

Hope everyone well doesn't have covid-19? moders I mean? I'm at home most time because My health is at high risk!. Not taking chance going out even to Church!. Friend of mine on Facebook lost there brother to in New York. We have over 1k deaths now in USA.

"Instead of popping an Advil, if you get a lighter case of COVID-19, and you’ve been told you’re safe to simply hunker down in bed, Offit suggests that you should simply get rest, drink fluids, and let your fever do its job."- https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/03/coronavirus-fever-ibuprofen/608233/

"Fever is a valuable tool for keeping your body healthy, which is why you shouldn't go too hard on the fever meds."-

https://curiosity.com/topics/how-exactly-does-fever-help-you-get-better-curiosity/

"Serious adverse events related to the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) have been reported in patients with COVID19, possible or confirmed cases. We remind you that the treatment of a poorly tolerated fever or pain in the context of COVID19 or any other respiratory virosis is based on paracetamol, without exceeding the dose of 60 mg / kg / day and 3 g / day. NSAIDs should be banned. 
Conversely, patients on corticosteroids or other immunosuppressants for a chronic pathology should not interrupt their treatment, unless otherwise advised by the doctor who follows them for this pathology. This recommendation must be widely disseminated to all health professionals." -

https://dgs-urgent.sante.gouv.fr/dgsurgent/inter/detailsMessageBuilder.do?id=30500&cmd=visualiserMessage

52 minutes ago, D_ManXX2 said:

Is their actually a place on this planet where their is no virus spreading right now ??

Yes. Tribal villages, isolationist nations, the heart of the desert, the depths of the seas,the height of the skies and any other area where no human from an industrialized/globalist nation has ever tread or will ever tread again.

1 hour ago, D_ManXX2 said:

i always hate it when politics abuses this for their own political gains.. dissasters like these could/should have been averted from the start. but they waited too long it almost seems like they actually did this on purpose.. and only acted when the virus has spread across the globe instead of doing an immidiate lockdown after China.

btw they knew months ago that this was coming but they did nothing..?

If they shut things down earlier, they would have been accused of being over-reactionary xenophobes (due to the origin point  of this strain of the virus) and faced possible immediate political consequences, all for something they could not be sure would spread.

Perhaps they should have taken the words of TV preacher Bob Enyart to heart as they went ahead and risked their political futures and short term reputations for the greater good: "Do right and face the consequences" if the phrase 'Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me" fails to ring true enough to a politico?

20 hours ago, 27X said:

But their standards of hygiene, e.g. drinking water, are a lower than the West so perhaps they will tend to have more resilience.

From what I understand its simply a matter of staying hygiene focused.  Don't take short cuts; wash your hands religiously ESPECIALLY after using the bathroom.  Its a respiratory infection so its a good idea to stock up on Vitamin C and Vitamin D12.  Heaven forbid you do get the infection let your local authorities know and get your butt to the hospital, there they can administer treatment and probably send you home with a vitamin shot and medication to help you fight it.  Currently people who have compromised immune systems (HIV Positive, chemotherapy, stem cell treatment etc.) can and should remain at the hospital if at all possible.  People HAVE recovered from this virus so it's not a case of, "if you get infected you're fucked," its more like, "if you get infected its just a worse case of influenza; drink plenty of water/orange juice you know the routine on fighting a cold/flu and take whatever medication your doctor prescribed to help you fight this disease.  People over 70+ though are more at risk, I would suggest remaining in Intensive Care.  The hospital staff and doctors have a better chance of helping you fight it off."

Military personnel MIGHT be better off than general population.  Anyone who was in the military knows full well you have to endure a full week of getting injected with all kinds of crap, including anti-bio weapon injections (it was nearly 20 years ago but even still my left is sore just thinking about it; it fucking sucked!).?

52 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Military personnel MIGHT be better off than general population. 

Historically military camps were one of the worst places to be. Lot's of people in intimate contact in a relatively confined space.

52 minutes ago, legendarytoyou said:

Anyone who was in the military

I went to Hong Kong with the British Army. For several days we had to take anti-malarial tablets - until someone realised that there isn't any malaria on Hong Kong. ?

EDIT: I should point out that this was in addition to the umpteen jabs we had before we left the UK. Arm like a second-hand dartboard.

7 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Historically military camps were one of the worst places to be. Lot's of people in intimate contact in a relatively confined space.

I went to Hong Kong with the British Army. For several days we had to take anti-malarial tablets - until someone realised that there isn't any malaria on Hong Kong. ?

Yeah they did the same thing to us.  Ever woke up in the morning feeling like you ate a whole box of cardboard?  Took weeks to get the taste out of my mouth. ?