Covid19

rane2364

Unless it's an official statement from the WHO or CDC, everyone else has little to no value in what they're talking about. All I see are are people flexing their degrees and PHDs while adding on to the ever growing mountain of speculation and misinformation of Covid-19.

34 minutes ago, Kokan said:

healthy people don't die ... so much for the deadly virus.

it is enough to isolate the old and the sick.

Tell it to the ones who've died:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm (in case it's not clear this is from the Centers for Disease Control)

Among 44 cases with known outcome, 15 (34%) deaths were reported among adults aged ≥85 years, 20 (46%) among adults aged 65–84 years, and nine (20%) among adults aged 20–64 years. Case-fatality percentages increased with increasing age, from no deaths reported among persons aged ≤19 years to highest percentages (10%–27%) among adults aged ≥85 years (Table) (Figure 2).

3 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Tell it to the ones who've died:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6912e2.htm (in case it's not clear this is from the Centers for Disease Control)

Among 44 cases with known outcome, 15 (34%) deaths were reported among adults aged ≥85 years, 20 (46%) among adults aged 65–84 years, and nine (20%) among adults aged 20–64 years. Case-fatality percentages increased with increasing age, from no deaths reported among persons aged ≤19 years to highest percentages (10%–27%) among adults aged ≥85 years (Table) (Figure 2).

You can be young and still sickly tho. Age has little to do with it if we're seeing cases of 103 and 90 year old patients making full recoveries.

Just now, Milkjetstream said:

You can be young and still sickly tho. Age has little to do with it if we're seeing cases of 103 and 90 year old patients making full recoveries.

Convince yourself of anything you like. What the statistics show is that is that healthy people ARE LESS LIKELY to die than unhealthy people. Younger people ARE LESS LIKELY to die than older people. Most people who get COVID-19 (at any age and in any state of health) are going to get ill but are not going to require hospitalization or ICU treatment or die. However, some people are.

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Convince yourself of anything you like. What the statistics show is that is that healthy people ARE LESS LIKELY to die than unhealthy people. Younger people ARE LESS LIKELY to die than older people. Most people who get COVID-19 (at any age and in any state of health) are going to get ill but are not going to require hospitalization or ICU treatment or die. However, some people are.

Then again statistics have and will change overtime, especially the one that you used as an example.

now it gets better, there are people which the corona crisis exploit to their advantage!

Corona virus in Germany: police warn against unscrupulous criminals
Update, 7:50 p.m .: There are still unscrupulous people trying to take advantage of the current crisis situation. The police in the Lower Saxony district of Nienburg are currently warning of wrong employees of the health department.

With protective suits and face masks, they tried to gain access to houses and apartments. It is warned not to let these people in. Citizens were also asked to warn acquaintances - especially older people - about the fraudsters.

20 minutes ago, Psalam said:

some people also die from a single bee sting, all the people who died in my country (10) were already seriously ill, most of them respiratory diseases.

they are dying from other viruses too, and so many of them are not currently counted...at least not this way in public.

3 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/26/822107025/italian-fitness-coach-with-covid-19-feels-like-your-head-is-being-held-underwate

"Fausto Russo is a 38-year-old fitness trainer. He has been hospitalized with COVID-19 in Latina, south of Rome, for over two weeks. On Wednesday, he spoke to NPR and other international news media by video.

"I run a fitness center, I train soccer teams, I'm a physical therapist," Russo says."I never smoked, my last fever was 10 years ago. Suddenly I'm catapulted onto a hospital bed, unable to breathe.""

if you look healthy does not mean you are, there are many who are resistant. someone does not know that he got it and so it goes, someone very hard to bear it, it is the same with seasonal flu. 

1 hour ago, Kokan said:

healthy people don't die ... so much for the deadly virus.

it is enough to isolate the old and the sick.

Even if you do not die from this, it will cause irreparable damage the WILL be a problem for you later in life. 

18 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

If you want more, I can dig those up. Many are healthcare workers. 

Ill is not dead.

Anyone can contract a virus, any virus, but not everyone one will die of it. Being young, fit and healthy does not guarantee you will not die, it just makes your chances of survival better.

You might also want to have a look the Spanish Flu epidemic of a 100 years ago, it didn't care about age and health it got everyone - old and young, urban and rural, east and west.

There is also the scary potential that recovered people may be able to be reinfected. 

It is too early to tell, but something around 10% of patients tested as recovered in china later tested positive again. 

It is not known if this is because the initial tests were wrong and the virus was still present and managed to re-assert itself. Or if like other strains of coronavirus, persistent immunity is not always achieved with exposure (meaning you can get it again).

So ya, a healthy person might survive it once, but twice? Everyone needs to be concerned about this virus, you do not want it. 

9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

So you are are virologist now, after ten minutes reading crap on the net?

believe in whatever, your thing ... i'm just saying it's not exactly how it wants to be presented

ps. hurry up and buy more guns and ammo ... you just love this shit

When the dust starts to settle on this thing many thousands of experts across the planet will sit down and begin to analyse it from every conceivable angle. It will be months before preliminary reports and published and probably years before any substantial conclusions can be reached.

Meanwhile we have all these addlepates on a gaming website who have no concept of source discrimination let alone medical knowledge 'sharing their knowledge'.

"Give me fucking strength"

Mara.jpg.52b2c63316d1a5ff787447868aefa1d0.jpg

13 minutes ago, Kokan said:

believe in whatever, your thing ... i'm just saying it's not exactly how it wants to be presented

How what wants to be presented?

It's not a question of belief - people contract the virus, some die most survive. That is what happens with viruses and other contagious diseases.

You get your 'facts' from the Mail Online? Ye gods. The only thing I believe in the Daily Mail is the football scores and the Mail Online is several levels lower than that.

11 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

When the dust starts to settle on this thing many thousands of experts across the planet will sit down and begin to analyse it from every conceivable angle. It will be months before preliminary reports and published and probably years before any substantial conclusions can be reached.

Meanwhile we have all these addlepates on a gaming website who have no concept of source discrimination let alone medical knowledge 'sharing their knowledge'.

Reveal hidden contents

"Give me fucking strength"

Mara.jpg.52b2c63316d1a5ff787447868aefa1d0.jpg

oh yes, here's a serious story everywhere, the Chinese say the Americans have infected us, the Americans accuse the Chinese, maybe they will soon accuse the Russians as usual... all Experts

3 minutes ago, Kokan said:

oh yes, here's a serious story everywhere, the Chinese say the Americans have infected us, the Americans accuse the Chinese, maybe they will soon accuse the Russians as usual...

Which Chinese say this? Which Americans say this?

Put your tin-foil hat back on and stop spreading shit.

4 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Which Chinese say this? Which Americans say this?

Put your tin-foil hat back on and stop spreading shit.

read on, inform yourself boulders

4 minutes ago, Kokan said:

You are aware both of those articles are about how those claims are FOS, right?

18 minutes ago, Kokan said:

oh yes, here's a serious story everywhere, the Chinese say the Americans have infected us, the Americans accuse the Chinese, maybe they will soon accuse the Russians as usual... all Experts

So THIS statement you made is also FOS

Archived