On 9/10/2019 at 7:48 PM, JBpy said:

There is a new update in Real Handcuffs. Kharos added real shock collars and is in the testing phase. I thought you might be interested in adding it to Purgatory for a future update. :love:

It is in a very early testing phase. There are good reasons that I am calling that an alpha version and only posting it in the thread, not on the main page. I think it is definitively too early to add it to any other mod, things are still in flux and I have not yet had time to implement a third party api for the new parts.

58 minutes ago, Kharos said:

It is in a very early testing phase. There are good reasons that I am calling that an alpha version and only posting it in the thread, not on the main page. I think it is definitively too early to add it to any other mod, things are still in flux and I have not yet had time to implement a third party api for the new parts.

Sorry! I intended to attract a couple more testers ? Since the change of forum (AAF Mods / Adults Mods) the activity has been minimized, divided. 

• 3 weeks later...

How has work on the death alternative for Purgatory been going?  I am looking forward to not losing progress.  I wanna RP it as before my body is buried I wake up from a trip to the beyond.  Ever more focused on making a positive difference on the world to make up for obvious past sins. :)  

Crazy idea is if your PC lost an arm or a leg Purgatory starts with you being operated on then starting normally but, with a prosthetic arm or leg.  I assume it wouldn't be easy to incorporate the prosthetic mod into a death alternative mod, but if you can wouldn't that be the ultimate survival mod where only decapitation leads to a reloaded save?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 5:06 PM, EgoBallistic said:

No, that is not normal.  You get healed to 100% when you get sent to Purgatory and the whip does a tiny amount of damage.  I will add some code to prevent that from happening.

I was at 10% health during Violate.  Bad Ending led to Purgatory.  I too died while being whipped.  I only heard the heartbeat during the last 2 or 3 slashes before death, so it sure seemed to be doing more than 1 point of damage.

I didn't realize it automatically saved in purgatory. I reloaded in purgatory and monitored my health between each swing, as follows:

Spoiler

20191025230107_1.jpg.5e74167929f2cad43fa0b98209ba799a.jpg

Character is level 7.  Actual full health is 111.  Purgatory healed me to 103.  Each hit does 4.2 - 4.3 points. 

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been enjoying this mod for a while now.  Love all your work! 

The only suggestion I would make would be, on leaving purgatory, to have it re-equip the items it initially removed.

What is happening is that DD restrains are applied, bad ending happens, purgatory removes DD restraints, and when I get back to Sanctuary I am still out of the restraints and they are in my inventory.

P.S. For role-playing purposes, I love how bad endings can piss you off and then you aren't just reloading and having to say "this character was NOW never assaulted and killed by these guys...that never happened... " you know?  So, at the same time, I'm wondering about some lore-friendly ways of explaining this mod. 

Like maybe:

The Raiders thought you were dead, purgatory was a dream (or was it?), and your companions/settlers/strangers dragged you back to Sanctuary.  This happens every time... hmm... 

Or, better yet, !!! : 

Spoiler

Father set up a system just for you.  You're a synth, don't know it (and Father never tells you), and upon your death being detected, your body is teleported away, repaired just enough to support life, and deposited at your designated home base, Sanctuary.  Your purgatory experience is a side-effect of the rebooting process; a punishment by the system for dying and consuming resources. And... since the system is specially built just for you... set up by Father and not part of the Institute... nothing you do in the game, like destroying the Institute, can affect its function.  

How did this happen?  Well, Father found you in cryo years ago and, upon defrosting, you were unconscious and would not awaken.  Being accidentally defrosted by Kellogg and then refrozen had caused irreparable damage. You would not awaken and would soon die. He downloaded your consciousness into a new synth body designed based on your dying body. He, then, was able to transfer your consciousness into that body using memory-den-like tech. Before allowing you to boot up he built the Purgatory device (which took him several years), deployed it in a safe place, and placed you back in cryo. A single freeze + boot + defrost cycle should not be too stressful.  They teleported away when they saw you were waking up successfully.

So, this is why Father, at the end, seems so casual about wondering if you would be able to find him, if you'd look for him, etc.  While you are his parent and you did live 210 years ago, you are also a fascinating experiment, and, since you can never die, he wasn't too concerned about your safety.  Of course, it never occurred to him that you might be sexually assaulted and, thereby, psychologically damaged. 

While Father would never put a synth is charge of the Institute, you are his parent. You are not built like the other synths, since he transferred your consciousness into your body.

Why does Father not transfer his own consciousness into a new body since you were so successful?  Well, while you are his parent, your behavior in the field tells him that something is different.  Why did you stop to build a settlement?  Why did you help all of those other people instead of trying to find your baby singlemindedly?  It must be because you aren't REALLY you.  Something's missing.  It's like someone's playing at being you.  ;)  So, it wouldn't really be him if he did it himself, he surmised.  He wanted to see what you did and get to know you, but he also knows it's not 100% real.

I second the idea of @wdaigle

Would be nice to have at least the option to have DD applied after Purgatory - as additional punishment for being killed.

The way it is now is kinda a reward for being killed (EXP every time you "finish" the Purgatory Quest).

Plus im curious if you got any further with implementing a "real" Death Alternative option.

Get killed and Purgatory triggers.

For example wake up near the location you've been killed, maybe in Restraints or something alike.

I always liked the outcome of being killed in Skyrim. Where you wake up in the wildernis hogtied and have to struggle out.

But i guess thats a bit complicated to implement.

However, maybe a way the mod could develop into.

Cheers. :)

For some unknown reason to me (nothing overrides?),

this mods makes bodyslide and outfitstudio behave badly and gives me "Fatal exception have occured, the program will terminate."

When trying to view armors in BS or open them in Outfitstudio.

-I am using Mod Organizer 2.

-Disabling this mod (not just the esp) makes everything fine again.

Hi Egoballistic did you know that MCG now directly support your purgatory mod too? Basically the new versions now give the users the opportunity to be sent to purgatory instead of MCG Respawn, this happens by directly using your main function in this mod. I would just let you know that I appreciate your hard work and maybe you could update this mod details to let users know that purgatory can also be used directly by MCG without the need of AAF Violate as hard requirement, if they wish to. 

Have a nice day,

Martin.

2 hours ago, Martin56 said:

Hi Egoballistic did you know that MCG now directly support your purgatory mod too? Basically the new versions now give the users the opportunity to be sent to purgatory instead of MCG Respawn, this happens by directly using your main function in this mod. I would just let you know that I appreciate your hard work and maybe you could update this mod details to let users know that purgatory can also be used directly by MCG without the need of AAF Violate as hard requirement, if they wish to. 

Have a nice day,

Martin.

That is very cool.  I will update the mod description.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 3:43 AM, Ravecreator said:

I second the idea of @wdaigle

Would be nice to have at least the option to have DD applied after Purgatory - as additional punishment for being killed.

The way it is now is kinda a reward for being killed (EXP every time you "finish" the Purgatory Quest).

I just discovered that, it seems, Real Handcuffs is immune to this. When I go to leave Prugatory, the handcuffs are back on. The DD stuff is off, but the handcuffs are on.

2 hours ago, wdaigle said:

I just discovered that, it seems, Real Handcuffs is immune to this. When I go to leave Prugatory, the handcuffs are back on. The DD stuff is off, but the handcuffs are on.

Are you running the latest version of Real Handcuffs?  Purgatory does not re-equip restraints itself, but I noticed that my Real Handcuffs restraints kept re-equipping on their own during Purgatory.  It turns out that AAF was re-equipping the handcuffs because the AAF equipment handler had detected them during the execution animation.  The latest version of Real Handcuffs includes an AAF ProtectedEquipmentData file that prevents AAF from messing with items from Real Handcuffs.

Having said all of this, I can see how having the restraints re-equipped would be cool.  I'll work on some kind of back-in-bondage outcome.

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Are you running the latest version of Real Handcuffs?  Purgatory does not re-equip restraints itself, but I noticed that my Real Handcuffs restraints kept re-equipping on their own during Purgatory.  It turns out that AAF was re-equipping the handcuffs because the AAF equipment handler had detected them during the execution animation.  The latest version of Real Handcuffs includes an AAF ProtectedEquipmentData file that prevents AAF from messing with items from Real Handcuffs.

Having said all of this, I can see how having the restraints re-equipped would be cool.  I'll work on some kind of back-in-bondage outcome.

Let's see... handcuffs version is "0.4 rc" from 3 weeks ago.  The current version is... 0.4.1 from 1 week ago... oh... so, nope.  I guess I should click "follow" on the LL mods, huh?  So, I'll get that, though I liked having to deal with the handcuffs afterward.

Glad you are considering re-equipping DD.  ? 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @EgoBallistic

Just started a new playthrought with AAF for Fallout 4

Great jobs on Violate, it works great

Wondering will i be able to use purgatory even if i dont install the bad ending animations ?

I know for now it is a requierements but it would be cool if instead of dying i could go to purgatory.

For the moment i use the knock out framework as a failsafe for dying

thank you for your work on fallout 4

Edit : Maybe a black screen saying that the badguys executed my pc or left me to die then appearing in purgatory, i like the % chance of being killed after violate has taken over but i dont really want to see the bad ending animations (seeing my pc get killed)

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this mod!

It's a nice idea! I never used the Awakened mod, but if wanderer Zero and you were inspired by it, it has fullfilled it's reason of existence ^^

In the same way it makes me grin in a good way :3 Maybe because the mod features keeps their promise :D

Also the future plans sounds good. A standalone mod seems a good idea. As tuxagent 7 said: It is a bit..strange to see the pc die in that way :3

How do you imagine life after death? WELL DEFINITIVELY NOT LIKE THAT :3

You don't want to know what my character did to take revenge on those raiders :3

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Karna5 said:

Just wanted to drop in a thanks for this Purgatory mod. I found myself in it recently, and it was so beautiful I had to make a movie there before leaving it

8 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

I agree that Purgatory is really beautiful, @WandererZero did a fantastic job designing it.

Thanks. I had a great deal of fun designing this. I'm glad it's being enjoyed by folks.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have a standard % chance of death from the AAF Purgatory Animations. Or based on your Endurance, Agility and Luck. Or both.

Electrocution and Hanging(the way it only 3 inches off the ground) you could defiantly survive. Maybe you black out not far from the deed.

With that pole animation, (the one that goes through your butt and out of your mouth) being the least likely to survive from requiring high endurance agility and luck.

Anyway Love the mod Excited to see what other thing you have planned for this mod.