• 3 weeks later...

Really enjoy this, it's a great way to handle death events. I would definitely look forward to a greater number and variety of punishments, or if there were a way for other modders to add punishments as well (sort of like adding new start options to Alternate Start). I too think it would be great if it worked for vanilla deaths or deaths from other mods, though I understand that's a whole 'nother ball of wax and probably beyond the scope of what's being done here, so that's more a "It would be nice" than a real request.

Speaking of AS, does anyone know if there's anything comparable to this mod for Skyrim SE? I vaguely recall there being some sort of "go to Sovngarde" mod at some point, but I can't find it and I doubt it would have the interesting spooky/sexy factor of this mod's punishment. This mod's got me so enchanted with the concept I kind of want it for all my games now.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, mostly really just wanted to say this is cool and I'm enjoying it, thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2021 at 6:22 AM, Slorm said:

When you get transported back to Sanctuary there seems to be a generous amount of XP awarded for completion (345 from memory), which seems a bit odd to me. I would have thought a deduction of XP would be more appropriate (if that's possible to do in FO4 like in Skyrim) or nothing.

Just seems a bit odd rewarding the pc for what in essence was a failure (defeated in a fight).

Had a quick look at the Quests in xEdit but couldn't see anything for it, though I may have missed it as I'm not sure what I'm looking for

This is a late respond, but yes you can reduce the xp award.  Just follow the same step as you did, but on quest section, (1) select the first row AFVHellQuest. (2) After that, look for the input called XNAM - Quest Completion XP. (3) On the right column you should see the text say something like XPMiscQuestMidLvl. (4) double left-mouse click on it and change it in to XPFactionRadiantSmaller. This should only give you around 69XP for every time you complete the quest.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This triggered for me for the first time while playing last night, coming off of a Bad Ending, and I just wanted to say thank you for this mod. Lore-friendly or not (and you can make a head-canon easily enough so that it is), it's a terrific death alternative and works really well from a RP perspective.

Thank you for making this, and for all your other mods, as well!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The way the camera is forced to 3rd person when being teleported into the pillory messes up the camera in 3rd for the rest of the session sadly.
Only way to fix it back is to restart the whole game.
Entering the furniture manualy does not trigger this issue. I dont experience the issue outside purgatory nor do i have any camera mods installed.

Edit: Ok, found the issue. Camera is being reset with Utility.SetINIFloat("fMinCurrentZoom:Camera", 0.0 with the quest script.
Recompiled it to use 0.18 (my default value)
Would be nice if we could set this value in MCM.

If anyone has the same issue, let me know and ill help out.

Edited by jarno5
11 hours ago, jarno5 said:

Edit: Ok, found the issue. Camera is being reset with Utility.SetINIFloat("fMinCurrentZoom:Camera", 0.0 with the quest script.
Recompiled it to use 0.18 (my default value)
Would be nice if we could set this value in MCM.

Yeah I set it back to 0.0 since that is the default value and most people don't have that setting at all in their ini files.

Unfortunately there is no "GetINIFloat" in Fallout 4 or F4SE.  I'll look into either adding a setting for custom fMinCurrentZoom values in the MCM, or adding the function to LLFP.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Yeah I set it back to 0.0 since that is the default value and most people don't have that setting at all in their ini files.

Unfortunately there is no "GetINIFloat" in Fallout 4 or F4SE.  I'll look into either adding a setting for custom fMinCurrentZoom values in the MCM, or adding the function to LLFP.

Ah ok, that explains i seemed to be the only one affected by this haha. Maybe i picked the setting up a while back.
I was wondering if you had any future plans for this mod? Its solid and it has alot of potential!

2 hours ago, jarno5 said:

I was wondering if you had any future plans for this mod? Its solid and it has alot of potential!

I still have the specification sheet I wrote when I designed the basics of the mod somewhere. Well, would you look at that. I have it right here...

435366841_2023-03-2610_02_25-.png.b84251d4d3c72cdc4c806ceff95d73d6.png

Which is pretty much on point from what I mentioned earlier...

On 1/17/2021 at 4:56 PM, WandererZero said:

I kinda wish we could have done some of the stuff I had put down in the spec...(I think I still have the spec I wrote for it somewhere) but, one of them was, after being whipped...we would RNG an enemy type, which would then spawn from the door in the little mausoleum...which would trigger a AAF scene, and THEN you'd be allowed back to the world. One of the long term goals I think we discussed, was bigger/nastier combos for the sex encounters, depending on how bad your crime/other stats were.

But you know, life happens. EB and I both enjoyed making Purgatory...but EB is also busy working on some stuff with kz these days, and well...real life.

For the record, maybe at some point if EB and I have the time....we might come back to this. I have some writing that would fit this and I agree it could be an opportunity to add a final polishing coat of wax to this mod. We'll see. Ultimately, if EB wants to revisit it, I will be more than happy to supply the writing, and maybe even a touchup of the level.

These days though, I've been playing more Skyrim than Fallout 4. Also been catching up on my Steam backlog now that I've bought a steam deck. Between that and family, I haven't been doing serious modding in a long while.

I personally am not saying no. Consider it a qualified "maybe". ;)

Cheers. ?

@WandererZero Very cool ideas indeed! Getting mad underworld vibes from that sheet :)

Life happens indeed and always goes first. Sometimes i wish i was as script-savvy as you guys with these Bethesda games and i could somehow contribute to all of the amazing work you guys pull off. But yeah, real life happens and i never get the time to sit down and learn it myself.

I think i can safely speak for everyone here on LL that we greatly appreciate all the modding work you guys do in your free time! We are more then privileged.

I will keep an eye out for whenever the qualified maybe becomes a fact :D

Thanks and Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 6:39 PM, Arthacs said:

For some unknown reason to me (nothing overrides?),

this mods makes bodyslide and outfitstudio behave badly and gives me "Fatal exception have occured, the program will terminate."

When trying to view armors in BS or open them in Outfitstudio.

-I am using Mod Organizer 2.

-Disabling this mod (not just the esp) makes everything fine again.

I have came across this problem found removing the mipblur_DefaultOutside1.dds in the textures folder of this mod and I can use outfitstudio. I do not have any idea about these files and why it would cause bodyslide to crash maybe someone with more braincells than me can explain .

19 minutes ago, chubjub said:

I have came across this problem found removing the mipblur_DefaultOutside1.dds in the textures folder of this mod and I can use outfitstudio. I do not have any idea about these files and why it would cause bodyslide to crash maybe someone with more braincells than me can explain .

Generally, not always, it's caused by a malformed texture/mesh. BS/OS deal with the meshes differently than the game engine. What will crash BS will have no effect in game. But, depending on how it's messed up, a bad mesh will CTD the game every time it tries to load it.

• 4 months later...
On 7/17/2019 at 3:30 PM, EgoBallistic said:

First, check whether Purgatory is loaded and enabled in its MCM:

Bool Function CheckPurgatory()
    If (Game.IsPluginInstalled("AFVPurgatory.esp"))
        Quest AFVHellPlayerQuest = Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00EC25, "AFVPurgatory.esp") as Quest
        AFVHellPlayerScript = AFVHellPlayerQuest.CastAs("AFVHellPlayerQuestScript")
        Return AFVHellPlayerScript.GetPropertyValue("ModEnabled") as Bool
    EndIf
    Return False
EndFunction

Then, call the startup function when the player "dies":

If CheckPurgatory()
        AFVHellPlayerScript.CallFunction("Startup", new Var[0])
    EndIf

Something strange happened to me. Trying to add this to my mod but the Creation Kit reports an error

I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstInn\InstInnActScript.psc(11,2): variable AFVHellPlayerScript is undefined
I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstInn\InstInnActScript.psc(11,2): type mismatch while assigning to a none (cast missing or types unrelated)
I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstInn\InstInnActScript.psc(12,9): variable AFVHellPlayerScript is undefined
I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstInn\InstInnActScript.psc(12,29): none is not a known user-defined script type
I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstInn\InstInnActScript.psc(12,60): cannot cast a void to a bool, types are incompatible
I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstInn\InstInnActScript.psc(27,3): variable AFVHellPlayerScript is undefined
I:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\InstInn\InstInnActScript.psc(27,23): none is not a known user-defined script type

Tell me what I missed?

UPD: Solved the problem. Removed "const" from header of my script and added "ScriptObject AFVHellPlayerScript" to Property

Edited by stas2503
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I tried this mod out the first time last night and it conflicts with Assimilation. I don't know if it can be solved with settings (I'll do more troubleshooting later). When my character death drops to 30% I surrender and it immediately assimilates me to the attacking faction (raiders in this case), however if I die it triggers one bad end animation but doesn't bring me to purgatory, instead the animation ends and I get assimilated. I have now my gear stored in 2 locations at Corvega, the Assimilation gear retrieval doesn't go anywhere and the Purgatory added location doesn't exist on the same plane - it's in the shadow realm somewhere under Corvega with a ghosting map marker and no way to progress.

Based on this I'd say they are incompatible. But if someone knows how to fix this I'd use Purgatory for other types of death by factions I have turned off in Assimilation. So it could be just a setting thing. I can force end the retrieval quests (at least the Assimilation one), and didn't have any unique items anyway.