When you get transported back to Sanctuary there seems to be a generous amount of XP awarded for completion (345 from memory), which seems a bit odd to me. I would have thought a deduction of XP would be more appropriate (if that's possible to do in FO4 like in Skyrim) or nothing.

Just seems a bit odd rewarding the pc for what in essence was a failure (defeated in a fight).

Had a quick look at the Quests in xEdit but couldn't see anything for it, though I may have missed it as I'm not sure what I'm looking for

Edited by Slorm

hey, I like the mod, very creative. Although, I am totally clueless on how to get out. I have AAF Violate 1.54 and Violate Purgatory 1.01. I meet a skeleton because it's the only direction I can find. It proceeds to punish me, and soon there after I die. I am sent to the load screen and not to Sanctuary like others are talking about.

It seems as if the mod is just an after ending after the ending and then sent to a load screen. If this isn't the intention, can you explain what I am suppose to do?

43 minutes ago, KimishimaK said:

hey, I like the mod, very creative. Although, I am totally clueless on how to get out. I have AAF Violate 1.54 and Violate Purgatory 1.01. I meet a skeleton because it's the only direction I can find. It proceeds to punish me, and soon there after I die. I am sent to the load screen and not to Sanctuary like others are talking about.

It seems as if the mod is just an after ending after the ending and then sent to a load screen. If this isn't the intention, can you explain what I am suppose to do?

After you get punished, you follow the quest marker that is in front of you and slightly to the right.  It leads to a big opening between the two mausoleums.  When you go through it you get teleported back to Sanctuary.

Not sure why you would die, that isn't supposed to happen.

Edit: make sure you downloaded the 1.01 version.  In the 1.0 version it was possible for you to die if your health was really low when you entered Purgatory.

Edited by EgoBallistic
  • 2 weeks later...

A really great mod and using almost and just nice with Bad End to getting respawn.  Only thing is its a little bit boring because is almost the same. Little bit more variation of torture maybe with rape or something could be very nice ^.^

• 2 months later...

New Version 1.2 Uploaded

• Fixed rare bug where the punisher might never finish punishing you, leaving you stuck in restraints
  • Updated the cane and crop marks so they are more vivid and last longer
  • Updated the punishment script so the camera always goes into third person at the correct distance when you are put into restraints
  • Corrected the name on the Purgatory cell

It is safe to update the mod in a running save

Thank you for the update.

I've updated the mod and it appears to be working fine however I've not noticed any whip or crop marks after being punished, How are they applied? As well would tattoo applied through Looksmenu interfere with the application of the marks?

12 hours ago, Susa42 said:

I've updated the mod and it appears to be working fine however I've not noticed any whip or crop marks after being punished, How are they applied? As well would tattoo applied through Looksmenu interfere with the application of the marks?

I don't think tattoos would interfere.  The marks are applied by the cane or crop's weapon impact set.  The new textures are in AFVPurgatory - Textures.BA2.  They are AFVWpnCaneMarkDecal_01.dds and AFVWpnCropMarkDecal_01.dds.

Note that the marks are pretty hard to see in Purgatory itself due to the lighting.  You should be able to see them better when you are in Sanctuary.

I would also love to see more variation, and perhaps some violation :) Maybe a chance to respawn with Devious Devices equipped? I'd also like the ability to choose which settlement I respawn at: Sanctuary isn't my hub, and I basically never go there, for example. Not a big deal to fast travel, but it would be a nice feature for the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod, works like a charm!

I have one question, though...

Would it be possible to create a mod (expansion, really) of this mod so the player can be sent to Purgatory whenever he/she dies (not just by Bad End event)? Like some sort of death alternative?

How hard would it be to create such mod?

• 1 month later...

I've been unable to get this mod to trigger. It's supposed to trigger on a bad end that kills the player, right? Or am I missing something? It just kills the player and the game reloads to the last save. I also tried to disable the lethal bad ends, and that doesn't do it either. Not sure what I'm missing.

1 hour ago, zeetreegg said:

I've been unable to get this mod to trigger. It's supposed to trigger on a bad end that kills the player, right? Or am I missing something? It just kills the player and the game reloads to the last save. I also tried to disable the lethal bad ends, and that doesn't do it either. Not sure what I'm missing.

If you want it to trigger every time, in Violate's MCM set Chance of Bad End to 100% and Allow Fatal Bad End to "Always".  If that isn't working then something else is going on, like the mod isn't enabled.

1 hour ago, zeetreegg said:

Are you using Sexual Harassment? It has a setting to be fucked to death.

• 3 weeks later...

@EgoBallistic

Bug Report - Serious though cosmetic

I've noticed an issue which I posted on the FO4 Technical Support forum initially https://www.loverslab.com/topic/181724-solved-blood-not-fadingclearing-from-pcs-body-problem/

Basically when the pc has blood applied (after being attacked) the game should clear it from the pc's body after a very short interval and I noticed that this had stopped, though I was not able to initially see the cause. So I found it the old fashioned way by adding a mod at a time, spawning a raider to shoot me to see what mod was causing the problem and the bug occurs with Purgatory.

I've tested it a couple of times and I also copied an old game from backup which was working correctly before and the same occurred.  If I removed Purgatory the blood would then fade as normal.

One of the issue which initially obfuscated the problem is that is blood is applied to the pc and the under armour is removed it clears the blood except for any under the Pipboy which the player cannot remove and I'm guessing that's how this one got missed, as when the pc is transported to purgatory she is stripped of all armour and the Pipboy so the bug wouldn't show.

I'll test with and older version of Purgatory and post the result in here shortly but I think this has crept in with the latest update.

EDIT:

Just tested with v1.01 and the blood does fade correctly so this crept in the v1.2

Edited by Slorm
Added further test details
2 hours ago, Slorm said:

Just tested with v1.01 and the blood does fade correctly so this crept in the v1.2

In 1.2 I added an ini file that makes decal lifetimes longer.  It is AFVPurgatory.ini in the Data folder.  This was to make the crop/cane marks last longer, but evidently it has the same effect on blood decals.  The ini sets the value to 360, the default value is 10.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

In 1.2 I added an ini file that makes decal lifetimes longer.  It is AFVPurgatory.ini in the Data folder.  This was to make the crop/cane marks last longer, but evidently it has the same effect on blood decals.  The ini sets the value to 360, the default value is 10.

Yep that's the culprit, I just set it back to 10 and blood is disappearing correctly again.

Probably be a good idea to highlight this issue in the description as others will run into it sooner or later and it took a little while to narrow down which mod was causing it (or maybe add it as an option in the MCM).

EDIT:

10 seems a bit too quick, just checked around and it looks like 30 is the default

Edited by Slorm
  • 2 weeks later...

Great mod but is it normal your char gets hanged but after the animations end she doesn't die or goes into purgatory and a small prompt says you were released or something like that, any idea how to fix that ?, do i need to change any MCM option in violate ?, thank you 

7 hours ago, LunaGirlDBX said:

Great mod but is it normal your char gets hanged but after the animations end she doesn't die or goes into purgatory and a small prompt says you were released or something like that, any idea how to fix that ?, do i need to change any MCM option in violate ?, thank you 

Usage

Enable the mod in its MCM menu

Enable Fatal Bad Ends in AAF Violate's MCM under Mod Integration Options.  You will only be sent to Purgatory if the Bad End is fatal.

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

Usage

Enable Fatal Bad Ends in AAF Violate's MCM under Mod Integration Options.  You will only be sent to Purgatory if the Bad End is fatal.

Ego,

I have to concur - I have Bad End selected at 30%, Always for fatality, and even after some hangings by SMs, I just get the "Let's get out of here".  Is this a function of being alone?  I have always had a commonwealth captive along as a follower - otherwise, I haven't seen purgatory in a long time.

Relieved generally of the simple run away and hasn't been a big deal.

John

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Usage

Lovely, alright got ya, thanks you for response and sorry for taking your time ❤️

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to get the mod to work.
It's true that it still lacks content, it becomes quickly repetitive and boring.
More torture devices; sex and rape scenes with the skeleton and other creatures added would be nice.
And if the PC can't get out of Purgatory, he's stuck here enduring a thousand and one tortures and indulging in skeletons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 11:00 AM, hana120 said:

I managed to get the mod to work.
It's true that it still lacks content, it becomes quickly repetitive and boring.
More torture devices; sex and rape scenes with the skeleton and other creatures added would be nice.
And if the PC can't get out of Purgatory, he's stuck here enduring a thousand and one tortures and indulging in skeletons.

To add to this, maybe a chance the punishers will "release" you and then chase you down to punish you more. Make it work to escape and return to the world.