• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to try this, but I am wondering about the installation, I noticed that it overwrites my "Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT" which I have installed in MO2.

Of course this would probably be the other way around if I moved my body slide under it.

Does your mod have it's own body slide ?

are is it using some of the Remodeled armor with its own body slide?

Is that body slide UUNP ?

May be dumb questions but I sort of needed to know. I did I think read through your Op page pretty closely but did not actually find and installation instruction, Not saying one was not there, I may have missed it.

I hope I am not bothering you to much.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not very familiar with English, so I apologize for using an automatic translator for this question.

After completing the search quest I received from Monger, when I try to get the companion to open the box, it just says "not right now."

Since I have already completed all the DL quests, I think this is a different error than the cases already posted in this thread.
Please, can you tell me what might be the solution?
On 6/29/2021 at 10:13 PM, WillowWispo said:

This mod seemed promising, but after collecting urns, crates, and packages, any attempt I have at opening them usually results in a black screen that will never load afterwards. Any attempt to have a companion open them will result them in replying with "Not right now". I've tried seeing if there is a solution but I haven't seen anyone with a similar problem, so any feedback would help. Thank you!

On 7/28/2020 at 2:24 AM, woodie99 said:

hi great mod so far , but i have a slight issue with eastern empire crate , i get the usual dialog boxes when you open the item , then screen goes to black and nothing apart from the audio playing and i am using sse version if anyone can help it would greatly appreciated

On 10/13/2020 at 4:26 AM, Snowmoon said:

Hi there. This is my first time using this mod, so bear with me. However I've immediately run into a problem. Sometimes, when opening a container, grimoire etc from my inventory, the first message pops up, the screen goes black... and then stays black. What's the fix? Any help appreciated. 

Thanks in advance

I am getting the same result. I found an Old Grimmore  (xx05E204 ) and using it gives me a black screen (with sound effects, but I cannot see the system menu if I try to bring it up).

I am also using the se version, so if this behaves different in the LE version it's presumably a problem in the translation (and possibly triggering a problem in the special edition engine).

Does anyone know what is supposed to happen when I use this thing? (Has this ever worked?)

On 10/15/2021 at 7:44 PM, galgat said:

I wanted to try this, but I am wondering about the installation, I noticed that it overwrites my "Remodeled Armor for UUNP BodySlide HDT" which I have installed in MO2.

Of course this would probably be the other way around if I moved my body slide under it.

Does your mod have it's own body slide ?

are is it using some of the Remodeled armor with its own body slide?

Is that body slide UUNP ?

May be dumb questions but I sort of needed to know. I did I think read through your Op page pretty closely but did not actually find and installation instruction, Not saying one was not there, I may have missed it.

I hope I am not bothering you to much.

Why not simply open the mod folder and looking up what is conflicting? In MO you can simply doubleclick on conflicts and see what mod overwrites or is overwritten.

If you look into the mod you can see that there is only one armor included and that is CT77mageapprenticerobesvar1f_0.nif which is from Remodeled armor and I guess it is CBBE with physics (tri-file is present).

Just let Remodeled armor UUNP overwrite Devious Lore and it will be fine (and if you dont there will be some minor clipping on npcs with that mage apprentice robe).

1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

I am getting the same result. I found an Old Grimmore  (xx05E204 ) and using it gives me a black screen (with sound effects, but I cannot see the system menu if I try to bring it up).

I am also using the se version, so if this behaves different in the LE version it's presumably a problem in the translation (and possibly triggering a problem in the special edition engine).

Does anyone know what is supposed to happen when I use this thing? (Has this ever worked?)

All container do work (I play SE too)! Grimoires most the time contain spell scrolls and if I remember correctly there is a chance of being bound, when opening it. Same goes for all the other containers, they contain most of the time valuable vanilla items or they bind you.

LE and SE versions container do work, but if there is something wrong with your setup or too many scripts are running everything might and will break. So maybe deactivate some mods or at least reduce the load by tweaking cloak spells etc. 

Edited by hexenhaus
43 minutes ago, hexenhaus said:

All container do work (I play SE too)! Grimoires most the time contain spell scrolls and if I remember correctly there is a chance of being bound, when opening it. Same goes for all the other containers, they contain most of the time valuable vanilla items or they bind you.

LE and SE versions container do work, but if there is something wrong with your setup or too many scripts are running everything might and will break. So maybe deactivate some mods or at least reduce the load by tweaking cloak spells etc. 

It's good to hear that they work.

When I use Elephants Script Latency Tester, I have a script latency of 53 to 54 milliseconds. What kind of script latency does this mod need? (Or, what kind of script latency do you have? (Or, what would be an indication of too much load, to help me distinguish between that kind of problem and some other kind of problem?))

10 hours ago, sen4mi said:

and @WillowWispo, @woodie99, @Snowmoon

This has happened to me with DL and some other mods. Try opening the console and closing it. No commands. Just open and close it (sometimes, rarely, I have to do it twice). I don't know why, but this seems to 'bump' the scripts into moving again. ?‍♀️

15 hours ago, sen4mi said:

It's good to hear that they work.

When I use Elephants Script Latency Tester, I have a script latency of 53 to 54 milliseconds. What kind of script latency does this mod need? (Or, what kind of script latency do you have? (Or, what would be an indication of too much load, to help me distinguish between that kind of problem and some other kind of problem?))

If I remember correctly 50 ms totally fine and even 100 is okay, but that does not mean that it is always like that. If it is significantly higher when idling your save game is already dead. But a good idle latency does not mean that your game is stable or healthy. A V10 car engine might idle at 2 cylinders, but that does not mean that the other 8 are all fine! If you put your foot to the floor it might explode :D. If you test latency in scenes or combat is will be significantly higher and you really shouldnt do it anyway because the latency tester itself is heavy on the script engine.

Maybe there is some fix or tweak missing, SKSEE or some ressource mod is outdated or overwritten or something like that.

Honestly, Code Serpent is a decent coder and all of his mods work well in LE and SE (while the mods default settings can be a bit unbalanced/unfinished ?? ?)  so there is not much we can help you with. Look up stability guides and work on your mod setup. There are many mods with problems and ongoing bugfixing, this one isn't content complete, but it is very stable.

Edited by hexenhaus

I got it to work, once. Sort of.

I had to wait a minute or so while the screen stayed dark, and before it had completed I had opened the console and hit escape and so on.

Anyways... when solving problems I have to ask about what has worked for other people.

(Ideally, I might even be able to find someone who had experienced a similar problem, to give me some hints.)

I am still mostly in the dark (hahahah, pun intended *sob*) on what's going wrong here, though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I'm nearly done with all the new dialogue needed for the trainings for all of the lore-mongers. Once they're written up, I'll probably be able to whip up a substantial update in a few days. I'm also planning on re-building the devious ally system, and adjusting the struggle mini-game. So, if anyone has ideas on what to implement or change with those systems, feel free to leave your suggestions, and I'll go through this thread when I start working on it.

16 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Hello everyone. I'm nearly done with all the new dialogue needed for the trainings for all of the lore-mongers. Once they're written up, I'll probably be able to whip up a substantial update in a few days. I'm also planning on re-building the devious ally system, and adjusting the struggle mini-game. So, if anyone has ideas on what to implement or change with those systems, feel free to leave your suggestions, and I'll go through this thread when I start working on it.

Was wondering what about using troll fat to help struggle out of the bindings?  

On 12/7/2021 at 2:38 AM, Code Serpent said:

Hi, I loved your mod so far. Only problem is that some followers are treated as guards (especially companions) , having one of those and not knowing they are seen as guards can break the immersion sometimes on agreat level. Someone already mentioned that here. If you could fix this problem, it would make things much smoother.

By the way, do we also get an SSE version from you? So far there is only the third party adaption around here.

On 12/7/2021 at 2:38 AM, Code Serpent said:

• Struggle system:
    • Different escape mechanisms are not balanced enough:
      • lockicking is too easy and gives too much lockpicking xp
        • my lvl PC has no perks invested in lockpicking and has advanced to 40 (skill), with struggle difficulty 5x (max) and DD difficulty on default, and needs about 10 % stamina to get out of difficult devices
        • struggle is a bit harder (weapons + archery) even with a combined score of 150, I am using .5 to .7 of my stamina

Possible solutions:
          • Hold stamina regeneration while mini-game is active  (my PC has an immense stamina regeneration because of Morphology and Mundus)
          • time limit for mini-game
          • exhaustion debuff / cooldown on failure AND escape (my lvl 20 PC can struggle out of a complete set in 1-2 mins on max difficulty)

Are the Simple&Ornate Skeleton Keys from this mod? Because they are a bit too common for my taste, and I'd like to adjust the Rate of finding them in containers.

If they are from this mod, Is there a way to reduce the rate of finding / obtaining these keys?  (I checked MCM but couldn't find a specific setting for it).

7 hours ago, Straze said:

Are the Simple&Ornate Skeleton Keys from this mod? Because they are a bit too common for my taste, and I'd like to adjust the Rate of finding them in containers.

If they are from this mod, Is there a way to reduce the rate of finding / obtaining these keys?  (I checked MCM but couldn't find a specific setting for it).

Simple and Ornate Skeleton Keys are just renamed Restraint and Chastity keys. This mod doesn't distribute them anywhere, so you probably have another mod installed that distributes those keys.

12 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Simple and Ornate Skeleton Keys are just renamed Restraint and Chastity keys. This mod doesn't distribute them anywhere, so you probably have another mod installed that distributes those keys.

I see, my mistake.
Thank you for the fast response. I Gotten confused with the "Skeleton Key" in the description of the mod. 

I did install Devious Mimic around the same time which I removed, that may have changed the names and the name stayed. While DCL just distributes them like normal Restraint Keys. Will have to do tests to figure out where it went wrong. 

On 11/26/2021 at 8:10 PM, MainMansrevenge said:

I uploaded the 2.2.1 version and all the shops were closed and said key required to enter. When I added the Lore Patch it crashed my game. Is there a new step to entering the shops or is this a glitch I've encountered?

Hey me again. I see that people responded yet for some reason I can't read any responses. So trying again. I had to uninstall and reinstall 221 version of this mod and I'm running into the same problems. All the buildings are locked requiring key. But visiting taverns I'm so far, not given the option of "Seen any strange people around?" So not sure how to proceed.

1 hour ago, MainMansrevenge said:

Hey me again. I see that people responded yet for some reason I can't read any responses. So trying again. I had to uninstall and reinstall 221 version of this mod and I'm running into the same problems. All the buildings are locked requiring key. But visiting taverns I'm so far, not given the option of "Seen any strange people around?" So not sure how to proceed.

The buildings will only unlock once you've met and helped their corresponding lore-monger. Keep asking innkeepers if they've seen anyone strange, and do the radiant quest for whoever shows up and you'll be able to visit them in their shops.

1 hour ago, SilentAntagonist121 said:

The buildings will only unlock once you've met and helped their corresponding lore-monger. Keep asking innkeepers if they've seen anyone strange, and do the radiant quest for whoever shows up and you'll be able to visit them in their shops.

Yeah unfortunately, as I stated in my follow up. I was not being given the option to ask innkeepers about this at all. I'm honestly going to to have to start a new campaign anyway as now for some reason I can't enter White run. So maybe Devious Lore will actually work right this time?

For some reason, the quest urn that should automatically strap me into its gear just strips me naked. When I put on the bondage gear and talk to Hjorni to have them be removed, she says she removed it but they're still on? Additionally, the training quest where she should put me on bondage doesn't put me in bondage. 

Overall, for whatever reason, this mod can't force Devious Devices onto or off of me. Any ideas why?

Edit: I just found out that Devious Devices got collected into a 2 gigabyte v5 compilation. Do I need the DD expansion, assets & integration anymore?

Edited by Chrishansenissad
new information learned
9 hours ago, Chrishansenissad said:

I just found out that Devious Devices got collected into a 2 gigabyte v5 compilation. Do I need the DD expansion, assets & integration anymore?

DD5 comes in one package, but it still contains DD Assets, Integration, and Expansion.  It will replace the DD4 versions of those mod files.  You still need them.

On 12/6/2021 at 8:38 PM, Code Serpent said:

I'm not sure this is really what you're looking for, but I did a big rewrite of the struggle minigame for myself awhile ago. I'll attach it here in case you're interested in taking a look (script, .esp, and sound files required). It's been working just fine for me throughout a long playthrough. It's been a long time, but I did write a bit of a changelog as I went:

1. Added sound effects. Normal progress, exceptional progress, and failure all have effects, with unique basic effects for struggle, lockpicking, and cutting/repairing. Pick/key break also has effects. No longer do you need to stare at the stamina bar instead of your struggling character!
2. Drain now scales with level. Does not scale with max AV though, so you can still outscale it a bit.
3. Brute struggle no longer uses any skills, but also does not suffer from low skill values.
4. Both stamina and magicka can now be drained, with different escape methods draining different attributes
    Struggle - only stamina
    Lockpicking/key unlock - only magicka
    Cut/repair - half stamina, half magicka
5. Attempting to escape now debuffs you temporarily for the amount of stamina/magicka used to escape, regardless of whether you succeed or fail.
    Debuff duration scales with the cooldown difficulty setting set in Devious Devices
    This debuff stacks if you make repeated escape attempts, and resets the timer each time.
6. Break/jam chances don't scale up with DL difficulty, since that already scales up the duration it takes to get free.
    They still do scale with the DD key break difficulty setting
7. The minigame loop now takes the same amount of time regardless of the escape method used.
8. The minigame now uses the correct hotkeys if you don't have the default WASD movement keys set
9. The minigame now has two correct keys you have to hit at once for maximum progress; hitting one correct key will still provide progress, however. Only one of them changes every few seconds. Hitting two incorrect keys will drain a lot of the used attribute for no progress, and play a failure sound.
10. Balance adjustments. At full stamina/magicka, you will almost certainly successfully escape from a single device with a reasonable difficulty level.
11. DL struggle difficulty now affects the amount of attribute drained per tick, rather than progress.
12. Jump hotkey now ends the minigame early. You still suffer exhaustion for how much stamina/magicka you already spent, though.

Ideas I had at the time for potential further improvements:

1. Add in the DD catastrophic failure chance, such that failing to escape a device potentially triggers a failsafe preventing future attempts.
2. Add in automatic unlock if the device had its lock manipulated.
3. Add back in a tutorial message?

Note that I use SE, so that's where it was tested, but it shouldn't have anything that precludes it from working in LE... the .esp does have form version 44 though, I'm not sure if that matters or not.

Devious Lore - Struggle Edits.7z