7 minutes ago, Jahn_Doe said:

I don't think it's from this mod. I took a quick peek into the dialogue topics and it does not contain any semblance of the line you mentioned. They either untie you or keep you in your binds. The guards on the other hand might do other things to you depending on how it's set in MCM.

Hmm crap, how do you check the dialogue topics to figure out which mod is adding it?  I don't get any helpful options/behaviour from my followers ahah

18 minutes ago, no_way said:

Hmm crap, how do you check the dialogue topics to figure out which mod is adding it?

Either open the plugins in xedit and look at what dialogue lines they add, or start disabling your suspected plugins one by one and see when the dialogue option disappears or yields a different outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 7:04 AM, donttouchmethere said:

Is it wanted that the DL devious lore patch changes DDx body slot configuration for zadx_harness_full_ropeAA?

There might have been a reason when I first made the patches, but I can't remember it. I'll remove those forms from the patches when I next update.

On 3/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, Antaufein said:

The minigame does not work if using a controller since that was changed. Before I could use WASD when using a controller, but now it doesn't work anymore. I don't know if there is a way to detect if a controller is being used and if so, use WASD instead. Or could be a toggle in the MCM to use WASD instead of movement keys. Another way could be to have the possibility to manually set the movement keys in the MCM.

I'll add in options for direct keymapping in the next version.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:02 AM, Krynn said:

Hello, I have two problems since your update and that is that I no longer get a reward when I submit a quest and secondly I have a problem with the bodies of the quest givers, they no longer fit my set devices.

I included some BodyGenData files to give the lore-mongers unique bodies, through the NIOverride bodymorph system, but those were implemented several versions ago. What's likely happened is you installed armor mesh replacers that support the bodymorph system, but your devices meshes don't.

Also, are you still having issues with the quests not giving rewards? Have you tested it with all quest givers?

23 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I included some BodyGenData files to give the lore-mongers unique bodies, through the NIOverride bodymorph system, but those were implemented several versions ago. What's likely happened is you installed armor mesh replacers that support the bodymorph system, but your devices meshes don't.

Also, are you still having issues with the quests not giving rewards? Have you tested it with all quest givers?

Ok thanks, I have adjusted the meshes correctly in the meantime. Whether they are all quest givers I can not say at the moment, because I have no real time for the game.

14 minutes ago, ALEXwood69 said:

quests what do i need to do to get it

Step 1: Find either "Ceremonial Urns", "East Empire Company Crates", "Smuggled Packages", "Daedric Charms", "Old Grimoires", or "Dwarven Vials" in dungeon boss chests.

Step 2: Open one of said items by selecting it in your inventory.

Step 3: Ask an innkeeper about "odd people" that have recently visited.

Step 4: Talk to said "odd person" that was pointed out by innkeeper.

OR

RTFM.

Liking the training things on the quest. How about adding a MCM hardcore option so you can't skip out when you are in a training session? Option in the MCM should also be locked when the quest is active of course.

"This chastity belt is driving me crazy. I can't stand this anymore. Unlock me!" could be countered with something in the lines of "That's the entire point of the training. You agreed to this yourself so you will experience the same as the cult priestesses until your training is complete."

As for the rubber collector. A training by wearing a complete rubber outfit would be an option. Perhaps some tie-in when you complete all 3 training jobs of the scholar and you have met the rubber collector she refers you to her.

1 hour ago, naaitsab said:

Liking the training things on the quest. How about adding a MCM hardcore option so you can't skip out when you are in a training session? Option in the MCM should also be locked when the quest is active of course.

"This chastity belt is driving me crazy. I can't stand this anymore. Unlock me!" could be countered with something in the lines of "That's the entire point of the training. You agreed to this yourself so you will experience the same as the cult priestesses until your training is complete."

As for the rubber collector. A training by wearing a complete rubber outfit would be an option. Perhaps some tie-in when you complete all 3 training jobs of the scholar and you have met the rubber collector she refers you to her.

The next update will included trainings for all of the lore-mongers, and Llathesi's will include a full rubber getup. These trainings I want to keep voluntary, but there will be quests in the future that deal with progressive semi-permanent bondage, ala, the Cursed Collar quest from DCL. Hopefully I'll finish those quests faster than these trainings.

26 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

The next update will included trainings for all of the lore-mongers, and Llathesi's will include a full rubber getup. These trainings I want to keep voluntary, but there will be quests in the future that deal with progressive semi-permanent bondage, ala, the Cursed Collar quest from DCL. Hopefully I'll finish those quests faster than these trainings.

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Are the trainings almost done or it it still some time out?

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

OOOooooOOOOO

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thievery1 said:

Hey, 

I keep trying to return the daedric charm but the quest won't complete.

What do you mean by 'the quest won't complete'? Does Laekette not accept the charm? Does the objective not get marked as completed?

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

The self-bondage when opening containers doesn't work for me. I set the required arousal very low and always get the restraints but they always land only in my inventory. It worked fine on followers.

There is a 'max restraints' option you may need to increase. Self-bondage won't happen if you're already wearing 5 or more restraints by default.

18 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

I wore none.

To have self-bondage be guaranteed, Max Self-Bondage Arousal must be negative, and Gear Weight must be zero. Are you absolutely sure you have that set?

Edited by Code Serpent
8 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

To have self-bondage be guaranteed, Max Self-Bondage Arousal must be negative, and Gear Weight must be zero. Are you absolutely sure you have that set?

Gear weight yes, arousal not that low. I will try it.

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be some bugs with the Escape minigame when using magic.

• Magicka "soft-cap" not working
    • The MCM detects that the soft-cap must be at X value, but the game still regenerates to max magicka

• Destruction / Telekinesis Escape Method settings issue
    • Values for Base Difficulty are weighted differently compared to Escape Methods that use stamina. For Example
      • Struggling Method
        • Base Effectiveness: [100.0]
        • Base Stamina Drain: 1.0 pts/sec
        • Skill Min/Max: -1/-1
        • Escape in 6 seconds, with no keys pressed
      • Destruction Magic Method
        • Base Effectiveness: [100.0]
        • Base Mana Drain: 1.0 pts/sec
        • Damage Mult: 0.00
        • Escape in 2 seconds, with no keys pressed
      • Destruction Magic Method [2]
        • Base Effectiveness: [0.20]
        • Base Mana Drain: 1.0 pts/sec
        • Damage Mult: 0.00
        • Escape in 8 seconds, with no keys pressed
    • Was also using these Global settings for consistency when testing
      • Global Options

• Escape Difficulty: 1.0

• Integration Difficulty Exponent: 1.0

• Arousal Difficulty Max/Min: 150/101

• Movement Key Options

• No Keys Progress Mult: 1.00

On 6/29/2022 at 9:11 AM, Lucci213 said:

The MCM detects that the soft-cap must be at X value, but the game still regenerates to max magicka

It's likely that some other mod is regenerating your magicka some other way.

On 6/29/2022 at 9:11 AM, Lucci213 said:

Values for Base Difficulty are weighted differently compared to Escape Methods that use stamina. For Example

I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

It's likely that some other mod is regenerating your magicka some other way.

Strange. I'll look into it. Tho I don't have any magicka-related mods installed.

I don't know what point you're trying to make here.

Consistency. If all Escape Method settings are equal, the assumption is that you should be able to escape the same Devious Device by spending the same amount of resources.

So if the settings for Struggling are the same as Telekinesis, escaping "Padded Chastity Belt" should cost equal amounts of Time and Stamina/Magicka, regardless of what method you use.

13 hours ago, Lucci213 said:

Consistency. If all Escape Method settings are equal, the assumption is that you should be able to escape the same Devious Device by spending the same amount of resources.

So if the settings for Struggling are the same as Telekinesis, escaping "Padded Chastity Belt" should cost equal amounts of Time and Stamina/Magicka, regardless of what method you use.

The escape attempts also depend on your player's skill. Did you account for that?

10 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

The escape attempts also depend on your player's skill. Did you account for that?

I set all skill checks to -1 for both Minimum and Maximum, which disables the skill being a factor, correct? Also, when I tested the difference between Fire Magic and Struggling, my character's Destruction skill was at 17 while One-Handed was at 20, but it was still way faster to escape with Magic.

24 minutes ago, Lucci213 said:

I set all skill checks to -1 for both Minimum and Maximum, which disables the skill being a factor, correct? Also, when I tested the difference between Fire Magic and Struggling, my character's Destruction skill was at 17 while One-Handed was at 20, but it was still way faster to escape with Magic.

Ah, for that specific case, struggling uses the BaseEscapeChance property of the device, which would increase the time required to escape; while Fire Magic uses the damage of the spell to determine how effective it can be used to escape. Try with the Flames spell and the Incinerate spell to see the difference. Also, the code for all of this is in _DL_StruggleScript.psc in case you're curious.