1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

Ah, for that specific case, struggling uses the BaseEscapeChance property of the device, which would increase the time required to escape; while Fire Magic uses the damage of the spell to determine how effective it can be used to escape. Try with the Flames spell and the Incinerate spell to see the difference. Also, the code for all of this is in _DL_StruggleScript.psc in case you're curious.

Ah, so there are more factors at play here than I thought. Fair enough. I ask only because I'm trying to find a sweet spot for escaping devices that isn't impossible to too easy.

The lack of feedback or a "progress bar" while escaping makes it hard to determine if what you're doing is actually working or entirely pointless. While adjusting the settings is unclear and mostly guesswork unless you do a lot of testing.

Also, there's the fact that you can attempt to "Cut Off" an "impossible to cut" device. There should really be a different Message Box that appears when the Escape Method you're attempting is impossible.

This mod is amazing. I would like to see how will you expand "Devious Allies" part. Maybe add option that your follower will randomly lock you, or based on arousal.
I have one problem though. I gave my follower whole black ebonite set and then asked 2-3 times to lock me up. Everything went fine except armbinder. Is that a bug?

• 2 weeks later...

Love this mod, particularly the devious allies aspect. Anything that inverts the dynamic between follower and player is a fun way to approach role-playing.

Two questions:

1. Where is Thelia located in her quest? I found her smuggled package and, because I wanted to see my protagonist struggle, put it on. Now I'm stuck as a ponygirl, which isn't the issue, but it's fun. I couldn't find Thelia in Whiterun though -- she wasn't where I looked before, and she wasn't at the Hammer-Worn Stables near Rorikstead.

2. How does one get Blacksmiths to help out? I see an option with blacksmiths that says "Can you do anything about these locks?" but they always respond with "I'm not going to run afoul of these guards. Get lost."

Much appreciated!

Edited by datdude69
saying thank you
1 hour ago, datdude69 said:

1. Where is Thelia located in her quest? I found her smuggled package and, because I wanted to see my protagonist struggle, put it on. Now I'm stuck as a ponygirl, which isn't the issue, but it's fun. I couldn't find Thelia in Whiterun though -- she wasn't where I looked before, and she wasn't at the Hammer-Worn Stables near Rorikstead.

The quest marker should lead you to Thelia, and she'll be in one of the locations in Whiterun that's marked as an inn. It's usually the Bannered Mare, but it could also be the Drunken Huntsman or even the Goldenglow Estate.

1 hour ago, datdude69 said:

2. How does one get Blacksmiths to help out? I see an option with blacksmiths that says "Can you do anything about these locks?" but they always respond with "I'm not going to run afoul of these guards. Get lost."

You need to become friends with a blacksmith for them to trust you enough to unlock you.

Much appreciated!

I still didn't see a quest marker actually, but was able to run into her at the Bannered Mare. Not sure what's up with the quest marker being missing but it could've been only showing on the whiterun regional map which I don't think I checked.

Thanks for the blacksmith tip! Have a great day.

4 hours ago, Domi10 said:

I downloaded the mod a few days ago and really like her but I don´t get any daedric charms. The items for the other 5 Lore Mongers I find and they work just fine. Any idea why?

Try looking through Forsworn Camps, Vampire Dens, and Warlock Hideouts.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, ThePopato said:

Is there a way to configure this mod so that it only affects female NPCs? I intend to play with a mixed group of followers, and I'd like it if opening trap containers didn't put devices on male NPCs.

NPCs will only be bound if you specifically choose to by asking them to look at the items you find that give devices, ie Nordic Urns, Dwarven Vials, etc.

27 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

NPCs will only be bound if you specifically choose to by asking them to look at the items you find that give devices, ie Nordic Urns, Dwarven Vials, etc.

Yeah, I thought I remembered a male follower being bound after opening a device container myself. Just tested it again, and that's not the case. Thanks for the reply and have a good one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not sure what I did wrong, but uh...body morphs on the devious lore NPCs is screwy. their wrists are missing, being placed at water level for some reason. arms are rendering at incorrect layers,too, and breasts. like...having the breasts rendering from the girl's back, both her arms rendering on her left side, that sort of thing. I'm not sure how I caused this or how to fix it.

for now, I removed the bodymorphs and cleaned 'em out of the save with nioverride cleaner, and disabled morphs. it'll have to do  I guess.

Edited by Khe
update
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey all,

got a bit of an odd bug here - pretty sure its self inflicted too -__-;;

i walked away from a quest giver (the seer) after turning a quest too quickly - specifically after selecting my reward and the charm being pulled form my inventory but before the log updated- and left the inn.

Now her quest won't get completed in the mic objective tab. no map marker either. Other quests still worked (ran one for the stablehand, no issues)

is there a quest ID i can complete to mark the quest complete and move on? I'm working with 'safe funclist 1' .txt file, but not having much luck. all the quest IDs i try come up blank to sqs

3 hours ago, necrontyr525 said:

hey all,

got a bit of an odd bug here - pretty sure its self inflicted too -__-;;

i walked away from a quest giver (the seer) after turning a quest too quickly - specifically after selecting my reward and the charm being pulled form my inventory but before the log updated- and left the inn.

Now her quest won't get completed in the mic objective tab. no map marker either. Other quests still worked (ran one for the stablehand, no issues)

is there a quest ID i can complete to mark the quest complete and move on? I'm working with 'safe funclist 1' .txt file, but not having much luck. all the quest IDs i try come up blank to sqs

What likely happened is the quest finished but just didn't clear the objectives correctly. So it's just a visual bug that you shouldn't need to worry about. When you next do the seer's quest it will hopefully mark that objective as completed.

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

What likely happened is the quest finished but just didn't clear the objectives correctly. So it's just a visual bug that you shouldn't need to worry about. When you next do the seer's quest it will hopefully mark that objective as completed.

that's my hope too. no map marker and nothing in SQT. Currently running quests trying to get hers to proc.

The Deadric charms I've founds since this occurred have acted as if there was no quest active, which is a good sign I think.

17 hours ago, necrontyr525 said:

that's my hope too. no map marker and nothing in SQT. Currently running quests trying to get hers to proc.

The Deadric charms I've founds since this occurred have acted as if there was no quest active, which is a good sign I think.

just completed one of her quests - this time the daedric charm went off - and no dice.

on the other hand, I now have a known save with the quest marker active, so let me see if sqt  >> completequest works...

no dice. I also note that I have two "return to vigilent' entries in my quest journal. one remains after turning the quest in, and now I can't toggle it on and off (it's stuck in the 'off' state at least)

I probably need to fully reset that questline. got a name or ID handy I can search for?

Edited by necrontyr525