2 hours ago, naaitsab said:

Did you test it without looping an array? Arrays in Papyrus are a piece of sh*t so I try to avoid them as much as possible.

The removal I use is just property item based and works without any issues.

libs.RemoveQuestDevice(PlayerREF, DDP_chastitybelt_Padded_store_Pink_Inventory, DDP_chastitybelt_Padded_store_Pink_Rendered, libs.zad_DeviousBelt, removaltoken = DDP_QuestItem, destroydevice = true, skipmutex = true)

I see you didn't specify the skipmutex on your command so it defaults to false I presume. Perhaps this causes issues? I would try to set that to true first and if that still doen't work use a non-array method. You can check DDP_ItemLib.psc from Deviously Pink for my approach.

It might have been the array, but I think I've found a workaround that seems to work reliably enough. I just added a 0.2 second delay in between calls to the RemoveQuestDevice function, and that seems to have fixed it. I'm going to do a bit more testing, but I'll hopefully be able to upload the fixed version in an hour or two.

48 minutes ago, Yukitemi said:

I don't know why but when I ask guard for help with restraints they always say yes and never deny like they used to do.

The guards were only supposed to deny help when there wasn't a jail to take you to be unlocked.

On 5/28/2021 at 12:06 AM, Yuni said:

Request: Deviously Cursed Loot has added Furniture to devices, that can be triggered by traps. At first glance, they use the exact same menu Devious Lore does for struggling free -- what with the "examine the device, try to escape", etc, menu.

Is it possible to add them to objects for detection using Devious Lore Struggling?

Sorry, I haven't looked at the devious furniture at all, so I don't know if it would be possible to incorporate that into the struggle minigame. I think someone else made a dedicated escape mod inspired by that minigame, so you could probably talk to them to see if they're interested.

21 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

The guards were only supposed to deny help when there wasn't a jail to take you to be unlocked.

Hm. Then it doesn't work for me. Stonehill or Rorikstead guards, for example, don't deny me. Edit: Oh nevermind I've read "jail nearby" for some reason lol

Also was it always be like that? I certainly remember Whiterun guards sometimes deny and sometimes help with restraints. I really liked that uncertainty whatever they remove some restraints or they don't bother even thinking to help. Especially when I was thane and they don't recognize me, tell me "not my problem" and walk away. :3

Edited by Yukitemi

Currently running into an issue where initiating the struggle minigame using a controller crashes the game, and only when I use a controller. I have experienced this issue before with DD base struggle and event animations, and someone had since made a patch for it to prevent crashing. 

I run the SE port by Nomkaz, so it may be a port problem. Could someone on this version try using a controller to see if it crashes for them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This mod seemed promising, but after collecting urns, crates, and packages, any attempt I have at opening them usually results in a black screen that will never load afterwards. Any attempt to have a companion open them will result them in replying with "Not right now". I've tried seeing if there is a solution but I haven't seen anyone with a similar problem, so any feedback would help. Thank you!

Hello.

Your mod is a good explanation of why DD items appeared in Skyrim. And all scientists in this mod are islands of safety for the character. But if you are interested in tips for the further development of the plot, then here they are:
+ Thelia is already a slave trader's skua, and therefore may want to educate the character and send him to his master, but then leave him as his toy =).
+ Also, other scientists can change their attitude towards the character due to various factors:
   - Hjorni is researching the "cult of the dragon" and because of this may end up wanting to make the character his personal dragon priestess slave.
   - Mistress Elarie is a socialite and after another spoiled dress she has transferred, she may want to teach the character the art of wearing fashionable dresses. And in the process of         training he wants to leave her as his maid.
   - Llathesi R'uer explores the micro-machines of an ancient civilization that have their own will and can make it want to dress the entire Skyrim in suits. And the first thing is the               character. But do it without arousing suspicion in the character.
  - Mirtienne the Mix-Blood is interested in the binding magic created by the ancient mage, and is also shorter than the character. This can lead to the desire to make the character a         living dummy for practicing spells.
   - And the last scientist Vigilant Laekette. She is a servant of Stendarr and she cannot have malice, but this is DD mod =).
   Perhaps the imposed curse of Dremora not only does not allow to remove the limiter, but for each limiter removed from the others, it builds up in her the desire to fetter others in        the limiter and dominate them rather than free them. And of course those who fall under the influence will be the character.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

None of the keys or lore people work for removing DDs from followers.  Could you add the option for follower support?  I'm using Devious Followers and my follower is mad at me because she is locked in restraints and I can't get them off.  Thank you.

On 7/31/2021 at 4:09 AM, PriestOfKhorne said:

I have the latest version installed with the lore patch and using DD 5.1. When using any of the escape options I am able to get a success, but the devices do not unequip. Is the a bug or are there further instructions that need to be followed?

It is definitely not intended. It is not a bug because it works for most users, might be a mod conflict/faulty installation thing.

On 6/8/2021 at 7:02 AM, neosuduno said:

Could you do something about story related locations like dustman's carin? There shouldn't be access to those places until questlines are triggeren.

Yes, that would be great. The mod Lauras Bondage Shop for example solved the problem of certain problematic radiant quest locations by using a formlist containing excluded locations like Dustmans Cairn.

On 8/1/2021 at 7:42 AM, neghthraw said:

It is definitely not intended. It is not a bug because it works for most users, might be a mod conflict/faulty installation thing.

Found the issue, and I hope this will be helpful for others.

In Kimy's 5.0 update she states that some scripts have been changed. Some mods, a very few of them, contain functions that are either modified or are copies of DD4.X  functions. These copied files or modified function overwrite anything in DD5.0 depending on the load priority for virtualization.

The problem will never be formally resolved as most of these mods that are the causing the problem haven't been updated in two to three years. The only options are deleting the older mod, editing the mod if the source files are provided, or putting devious devices 5.X higher than any of the conflicting mods on the load priority.

Warning, while the last option has solved my issue of unequipping after the mini game, several other mods dependent on DD 4.X have broken such as Slaverun's DD compatibility check and DD equips. 

Edited by PriestOfKhorne
On 8/6/2021 at 4:45 PM, PriestOfKhorne said:

Found the issue, and I hope this will be helpful for others.

In Kimy's 5.0 update she states that some scripts have been changed. Some mods, a very few of them, contain functions that are either modified or are copies of DD4.X  functions. These copied files or modified function overwrite anything in DD5.0 depending on the load priority for virtualization.

The problem will never be formally resolved as most of these mods that are the causing the problem haven't been updated in two to three years. The only options are deleting the older mod, editing the mod if the source files are provided, or putting devious devices 5.X higher than any of the conflicting mods on the load priority.

Warning, while the last option has solved my issue of unequipping after the mini game, several other mods dependent on DD 4.X have broken such as Slaverun's DD compatibility check and DD equips. 

What mods do you know that cause this?

1 hour ago, neghthraw said:

What mods do you know that cause this?

Sex Lab Inflation Framework and Slaverun Reloaded. They have there own version of zadLibs and zadxLibs  that are causing "errors" that show up in the papyrus logs where a function can't find the items that are to be unequipped from the lists and returns a null. This is an assumption though as I am not a mod developer and I don't have any experiance in working with papyrus. What I do know is that once DD is placed below the other two mods the errors clear up and the feature works correctly. Only problem is Slaveruns reloaded version check, but Sexlab Survival is able to successfully launch the quest. without any errors as of yet.     

Edited by PriestOfKhorne
  • 2 weeks later...

Does this mod still work with DD4? I'm hesitant to update to DD5 as it might break a lot of the old mods I have.

Edit: I've noticed that whenever I opened those DD packages and it tells me that I got devices placed on me, my character simply undresses but the devices stays in my inventory and doesn't get equipped. Could this be because I'm not using DD5? I'm using the Lore Patch if this helps.

Edited by Saber2th
On 8/22/2021 at 2:22 AM, Saber2th said:

Does this mod still work with DD4? I'm hesitant to update to DD5 as it might break a lot of the old mods I have.

Edit: I've noticed that whenever I opened those DD packages and it tells me that I got devices placed on me, my character simply undresses but the devices stays in my inventory and doesn't get equipped. Could this be because I'm not using DD5? I'm using the Lore Patch if this helps.

DD5 replaced the functions to equip devices. Mods for DD5 using these new functions will not equip devices from DD4 at all. You can only lock the devices on yourself.

10 hours ago, neghthraw said:

DD5 replaced the functions to equip devices. Mods for DD5 using these new functions will not equip devices from DD4 at all. You can only lock the devices on yourself.

Thanks for the clarification, that's a shame.

Looking at other people's report above me, it looks like DD5 has it's own share of problems with older mods, so I guess I'll hold on to DD4 for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The MCM has a difficulty slider related to struggle difficulty, does this also affect lockpick difficulty? In my game on default settings, struggling seems appropriately difficult, sometimes I escape and sometimes I need to try again. With lockpicking it's so easy that I don't think I've ever used up more than half my stamina to do it, even though my character doesn't really level the lockpicking skill at all. I adjusted the difficulty but didn't really notice a difference.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:11 PM, Saber2th said:

Thanks for the clarification, that's a shame.

Looking at other people's report above me, it looks like DD5 has it's own share of problems with older mods, so I guess I'll hold on to DD4 for now.

I think the only problem DD 5 ever really had/still kind of has was with the animation filter settings. I believe all the issues basically came down to, sex / restrictive devices had fewer available animations. I forget the details about it but I think this was largely fixed in 5.1 but there are still some differences, for example I could have sworn that before DD 5 plugs were not blocking by default, but now they are. Depending on your mod order maybe you'll never notice any difference.

But the big change that is worth it for modders in DD5 is that before this version, to equip a device it was necessary to get two pieces of skyrim equipment and a keyword, basically a huge pain to do. Kimy implemented a function in the latest one that works in a sensible way - you just need to know what device to equip, and it equips. So easy. Anyway I guess as a user this isn't a big deal but honestly scripting in Skyrim is horrible already so anything that makes the experience faster should improve the pace of mod output.