51 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

I did multiple quests for her. I got the quest from a Innkeeper pointing me to her location and the questmarker showed to my player house where she was. And after I got the item she awaited me in my house.

Ok, that sounds like what's supposed to happen. What's the issue?

30 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Ok, that sounds like what's supposed to happen. What's the issue?

That she never showed up in a tavern like she said she would be and that she was in a modded player house. I doubt that was intended. I usually start the quest in whiterun so she shouldn't walk to a house behind solitude.

3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

That she never showed up in a tavern like she said she would be and that she was in a modded player house. I doubt that was intended. I usually start the quest in whiterun so she shouldn't walk to a house behind solitude.

The quest is working fine on my end. I'm not able to reproduce what you're talking about.

I've been talking about some more interesting updates once I released Peril and Corruption. Here's the first one:

2.1.0 (4/5/21)

Added the first "Devious Training". After you gain Hjorni's Favor by retrieving and opening one of the urns she's looking for, without being bound, and after asking about practical uses of the restraints she collects, she will offer a simple training regiment: raise your weapon skills 5 times while wearing a full chastity set. Doing so will give you a buff that increases damage done with weapons while chaste and aroused. Three more trainings are planned for Hjorni to give, and the other loremongers will soon offer trainings for their own devices.

Also, I've updated the description some to make it more clear how to progress through the different quests and how to gain favor. Take a look through it if you've had difficulties progressing.

6 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I've been talking about some more interesting updates once I released Peril and Corruption. Here's the first one:

2.1.0 (4/5/21)

Added the first "Devious Training". After you gain Hjorni's Favor by retrieving and opening one of the urns she's looking for, without being bound, and after asking about practical uses of the restraints she collects, she will offer a simple training regiment: raise your weapon skills 5 times while wearing a full chastity set. Doing so will give you a buff that increases damage done with weapons while chaste and aroused. Three more trainings are planned for Hjorni to give, and the other loremongers will soon offer trainings for their own devices.

Also, I've updated the description some to make it more clear how to progress through the different quests and how to gain favor. Take a look through it if you've had difficulties progressing.

Cheer

15 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

The loremongers will only start appearing in towns and cities after you've found and opened one their associated items, and the appear after asking the innkeepers about odd people. They will then open up their shops after you talk to them for the first time.

Thanks for the reply. It just used to be enough that you just ask the innkeeper, and then someone from the loremongers would appear on the square.

9 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

2.1.0 (4/5/21)

If I'm reading this right, there can be no training for a PC that's wearing minimal bondage gear of collar and boots? This kind of leaves Devious Followers and Submissive Lolas out of the fun.

12 hours ago, bubba999 said:

If I'm reading this right, there can be no training for a PC that's wearing minimal bondage gear of collar and boots? This kind of leaves Devious Followers and Submissive Lolas out of the fun.

You won't be able to get the training if the training devices can't be equipped. It should be common sense that any 'permanent restraints' mods like the ones you listed would conflict with devious devices quests.

5 hours ago, viewcommunityrules said:

I guess you didn't see that edit? It's still there in the yesterday's version.

I did. That dialogue condition is intentional.

I was retarded and installed both patches, i'm pretty sure that since that i've lost the ability to remove any device (i'm sure i cannot remove the device what i'm not sure is about when it started). i've tried to make  clean save and reinstall everything "devious" and i still cannot remove them through any means.

Has this happened before? Does anyone know of  a way to fix.

i've attached a copy of the papyrus log for if it helps

thank you in advance

Papyrus.0.log

Do I need to install other patches with Devious Lore 2.1.0 . Devs IT"S REALLY IMPORTANT TO MAKE INSTALLATION GUIDE. PEOPLE DON'T KNOW IF PATCH IS STILL NEEDED OR NOT...

On 7/28/2020 at 6:24 AM, woodie99 said:

hi great mod so far , but i have a slight issue with eastern empire crate , i get the usual dialog boxes when you open the item , then screen goes to black and nothing apart from the audio playing and i am using sse version if anyone can help it would greatly appreciated

Can anyone say how to fix this?

23 hours ago, hydra-2000 said:
I went to all the inns, but I could not find any Lore-Mongers, and could hear any rumors from the innkeeper. Why is that?

They don't always appear, play normally and when you enter an inn the innkeeper might know something

Hey @Code Serpent I had a request. I'm actually using the SE conversion of your mod by @nomkaz and was originally thinking of asking there, but since they said to ask here directly for any questions I guess I'll come here to do just that.

Anyway, I have always loved your mod because of the little mini game about escaping, and all the other stuff is just icing on the cake. But I did have a quick request, if you dont mind. It concerns the Allies options in the MCM. Well, two requests, I suppose.

The 1st thing is, could you add an option to add/remove the "Can you help me with something, friend?" options in the dialogue? Something similar to how Devious Device Helpers does. I use them too, but for different reasons, so I disable that in their MCM. The reasoning is right now I'm using a different mod, Devious Followers, as the main way I'm trying to escape since it's a bit more limited. I love a lot of the stuff Lore provides, I just wish that one option could be easily disabled somehow, at least temporarily. Currently the best I can do is try my best not to take advantage of it since it's easier, but I really would prefer if I could hide it from the menu to avoid the temptation.

The second thing, is there a way you could add an option for changing the speed or something for dominant followers? Or, maybe an option to just treat them as dominant? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I've asked them to lock things on me and unlock things before but never really noticed them becoming more dominant, and they've never denied helping me so maybe I'm just not doing it nearly enough. But I figure if there was a way I could quickly "level up" their dominant spirit, or just flick a switch, maybe then I could use it in conjunction with, instead of as a replacement, for getting unlocked. That way there's maybe a chance I can get someone's help for free, and if not, then I can pay to get the main follower's help without having to go to the blacksmith and potentially pay more~

I hope that made sense~ tldr, an MCM option to remove the "help me" dialogue and/or a way to either change the speed or force a follower to become more or less dominant?

Since I see you're still updating it, I was hoping maybe you would include something like that in your next version? I'm not sure how hard any of that would be to do, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Please and thankyou~ ❤️

On 7/28/2020 at 2:24 AM, woodie99 said:

hi great mod so far , but i have a slight issue with eastern empire crate , i get the usual dialog boxes when you open the item , then screen goes to black and nothing apart from the audio playing and i am using sse version if anyone can help it would greatly appreciated

On 4/9/2021 at 11:32 AM, Halalidin said:

Can anyone say how to fix this?

Try opening and closing the console. No comands, just open and close.

I don't know why, maybe it's my load order or the number of mods I have, but this seems to get things going. Sometimes I have to do it again for the next dialog box to appear.

FWIW, I'm on SE and Vortex is my mod manager.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:01 PM, unmog said:

The 1st thing is, could you add an option to add/remove the "Can you help me with something, friend?" options in the dialogue?

That should be easy to add.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:01 PM, unmog said:

The second thing, is there a way you could add an option for changing the speed or something for dominant followers?

Honestly, I didn't think anyone was using that portion of the mod. It's pretty barebones. Adding a slider and an "instant dom" option should be easy enough.

6 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

That should be easy to add.

Honestly, I didn't think anyone was using that portion of the mod. It's pretty barebones. Adding a slider and an "instant dom" option should be easy enough.

I think that what @unmog is looking for already exists in your mod. There are mcm settings that define the chance that a follower will help you out of your restraints, for each of the 3 dom levels. Just set them all to the chance that you like and you have the desired behaviour? Or am i missing something?

6 hours ago, Richard1234 said:

I think that what @unmog is looking for already exists in your mod. There are mcm settings that define the chance that a follower will help you out of your restraints, for each of the 3 dom levels. Just set them all to the chance that you like and you have the desired behaviour? Or am i missing something?

There are chance sliders, but no way to make your follower that level so its hard to test or see what level they are at, no way to set their level, and no way to revert their level. Theres also no way to disable the dialogue in the menu.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, Code Serpent said:

Please read through the description fully. The loremongers will only start appearing in towns and cities after you've found and opened one their associated items, and the appear after asking the innkeepers about odd people. They will then open up their shops after you talk to them for the first time.

I've talked to the multiple times and completed their quests too, how do I get them to open their shops?

On 4/12/2021 at 6:03 AM, Code Serpent said:

Honestly, I didn't think anyone was using that portion of the mod. It's pretty barebones.

I kinda liked this feature and was really surprised when it happend the first time. It was great because it adds a bit of risk to the "can you help me with something friend." mechanic.

It would be great if there would be more to it. Im not talking about a full dom but so that you have to choose more Carefully from who and how often you get help.

Maybe something like "You are bound again? This time I won't help you because it pointless. You will get yourself tied up in 5 Minutes again"

On 4/11/2021 at 1:21 AM, iceta said:

They don't always appear, play normally and when you enter an inn the innkeeper might know something

I went around every inn in Skyrim three to four times. It would have taken a few months in the game. Nevertheless, I still haven't heard any rumors. Is this normal?
15 hours ago, hydra-2000 said:
I went around every inn in Skyrim three to four times. It would have taken a few months in the game. Nevertheless, I still haven't heard any rumors. Is this normal?

Sounds like you’re using the vanilla rumours dialogue option of the innkeepers. Maybe try the ‘have you seen any strange people’ option, that is added by this mod?

3 hours ago, Richard1234 said:

Sounds like you’re using the vanilla rumours dialogue option of the innkeepers. Maybe try the ‘have you seen any strange people’ option, that is added by this mod?

Yes, I'm sure I'm using the mode translated by myself. And I just heard the first rumor. At this pace, it will take two to three years to make all NPCs.