1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

if i recall, you're not supposed to open the containers. you are supposed to give them back unopened, and then tell them you want no reward. only then will they offer you to visit their store.

Sadly, i don't even have the choice to refuse a reward.
Just did laekette again, gave her the daedric charm (untouched) and she gives me skeleton-keys and some money, before leaving

On 2/1/2021 at 7:56 AM, Horologia said:

Sadly, i don't even have the choice to refuse a reward.
Just did laekette again, gave her the daedric charm (untouched) and she gives me skeleton-keys and some money, before leaving

On 1/31/2021 at 4:36 AM, DarthCoder said:

I'm too having problem with SE version, game crash (CDT) when i get close to any lore-monger, after the quest had been activated by talking to the barman or by entering their houses. (like Aldmeri Imports).

loadorder.txt 6.04 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.0.log 266.99 kB · 0 downloads Papyrus.0 no WetFunction.log 125.21 kB · 0 downloads

I've been having similar issues as well, on SE. I saw a few pages back that someone said they had seen an issue with the eyebrow NIFs or something like that in SE? I'm no coder/modder, but my crashes at least feel like they're being caused when the lore monger is being called upon and loaded.
The issue with being unable to give the items up for no reward has happened the few times I've been able to actually get close to a lore monger and complete their request, usually Laekette.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

it would be nice if the escape minigame could be used on follower's DD items as well. For example in my current game I am in a dungeon atm. My follower got hit by a trap and now she wears an Armbinder. My character also got a yoke, but she could struggle out of it. I can't help the Follower though (I don't have keys).

Also, and update for DD5.x would be welcomed as well, as the escape minigame became somewhat incompatible. It still works mainly, but disregards some new rules/features in DDi.

• 3 weeks later...

is this mod compatible with cursed loot?
Quote taken from main page description:

As you adventure across Skyrim, you may stumble upon strange items; abandoned crates, ancient urns, and other containers. It is likely worthwhile opening them (select them in your inventory), they may contain some gear useful to adventurers, but they may also contain some more devious things

Since cursed loot also has a similar mechanism, I'm not sure if it will be compatible or not, someone with experience can confirm?

8 hours ago, muhavaux33 said:

is this mod compatible with cursed loot?
Quote taken from main page description:

Since cursed loot also has a similar mechanism, I'm not sure if it will be compatible or not, someone with experience can confirm?

It's compatible in the same way that any mod that adds loot to the leveled lists is compatible. 

i'm having a bit of trouble with the mod. the mechanics work fine as far as i can tell and it's been fun playing with it. problem is, i can't, for the life of me, find a way to start the quests.
i remember downloading it before and i remember finding one of the lore mongers in whiterun, but now i just can't seem to find any of them. any help or guide would be much appreciated.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:36 PM, Mynote said:

i'm having a bit of trouble with the mod. the mechanics work fine as far as i can tell and it's been fun playing with it. problem is, i can't, for the life of me, find a way to start the quests.
i remember downloading it before and i remember finding one of the lore mongers in whiterun, but now i just can't seem to find any of them. any help or guide would be much appreciated.

You start their quests by talking to innkeepers with the dialogue option "Have you seen some odd-looking people around?". In a new game, the first few times you need to open some of their items (for example "East Empire Company Crate" or "Ceremonial Urn") for the dialogue option to appear.

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I've posted here, huh? I've just done a bare-bones update so this mod is fully compatible with Devious Devices version 5, and I'll be doing the same with Peril and Corruption soon. I'm currently working out a few more kinks with Peril at the moment, but once that's done I have some more features planned for this mod that I'll be getting to as soon as I can.

_DL_ListMiscDevices and others are:

1. East Empire Company Crate
  2. Deadric Charm
  3. Smuggled Package
  4. Ceremonial Urn
  5. Dwarven Vials
  6. Old Grimoire

so I think _DL_ListStatus is in the wrong order:

1. Scholar (Ceremonial Urn)
  2. Scribe (Dwarven Vials)
  3. Seamstress (East Empire Company Crate)
  4. Seer (Daedric Charm)
  5. Stablemaster (Smuggled Package)
  6. Sorceress (Old Grimoire)

Edit: Also for some reason, the blacksmith dialogue is checking for speechcraft instead of crime gold.

Hell, after some versions of this modification, in this version, it seems that the innkeepers finally had the necessary dialogues, but none of them heard anything-at all. In all the holds. In a few days. And shops, laboratories, etc. were closed, and remained closed. Maybe I'm the unlucky one, huh?

1 hour ago, bubba999 said:

Probably a dumb question but the front page isn't clear on this: Do I have to install a patch or can I just install Devious Lore by itself?

You can install it alone, the patches are optional expansions.

Struggle idles patch adds struggle animations to more devices (for the escape minigame), lore patch does this too and renames devices.

57 minutes ago, Desiree42 said:

Do we still need the DD patch? Especially since DD 5.0 is out

Devious Lore has already been updated to DD 5.1. What exactly do you mean with "DD patch"?

From the change log of the main page (spoiler at the end of the page):

2.04 (3/27/21)

-Updated Struggle Patch, Lore Patch, and main mod to Devious Devices 5.1

-Copied over the standalone Apprentice Mage Robes from Remodeled Armor for UUNP by gamefever to be worn by Laekette to help prevent clipping between her restraints and her robes.

7 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Mirtienne is always staying in a modded player house near solitude but never in a tavern.

1 hour ago, S.MayLeR said:

Hell, after some versions of this modification, in this version, it seems that the innkeepers finally had the necessary dialogues, but none of them heard anything-at all. In all the holds. In a few days. And shops, laboratories, etc. were closed, and remained closed. Maybe I'm the unlucky one, huh?

Please read through the description fully. The loremongers will only start appearing in towns and cities after you've found and opened one their associated items, and the appear after asking the innkeepers about odd people. They will then open up their shops after you talk to them for the first time.

26 minutes ago, Code Serpent said:

Please read through the description fully. The loremongers will only start appearing in towns and cities after you've found and opened one their associated items, and the appear after asking the innkeepers about odd people. They will then open up their shops after you talk to them for the first time.

I did multiple quests for her. I got the quest from a Innkeeper pointing me to her location and the questmarker showed to my player house where she was. And after I got the item she awaited me in my house.