I recently went back to play Skyrim and decided to give this mod a try and I wasn't disappointed.. The way this mod introduces these crazy ladies, the so called Lore-Mongers, is very fun and a well done invite to the world of kinkiness which DD provides, giving this mod an unique charm.

After playing for quite a while, I would like to give my two cents. Please take them lighthearted, it's more like a random set of ideas than actually criticism, so please disregard any technical infeasibility or malfunction on my end.

First I want to know more about each Lore-Mongers. So I would love to see in the future more backstory and/or a few unique quests, after you earn their trust (collect enough urns, vials, etc)

Second the concept that your follower slowly gets excited to get the player into bondage (or the other way around) is always amusing and I believe it can be expanded and improved, Let the follower became more dominant every time the player do the struggle minigame, or even more if the player fails and ask the follower for help.

Give the player more flavoured dialogue lines; instead of "Can you unlock me?" how about "By the divines it's so tight! I'm completly out of breath. Could you lend me a hand here friend?

Also I would like to see more different reactions, how about the follower start timidly asking the player "Would you mind to stay tied just a little bit longer? You look so cute." then "I would like to see you struggling (minigame) first." then " Only if you let me touch you." (just foreplay), before going full dominant.

About the whole process:   Step 1 - Buy kinky restraint.   Step 2 - Talk to your partner to take it.  Step 3 - Ask your partner to put the restraint on you.

It gets old.. very quickly. And I mean it in real life! It works in the beginning, but the partner (or follower in this case) better develop some initiative after a while. 

So new interactions would be nice. For example: inside the lore-monger shop, the follower could challenge the player to wear "a few" itens and go to the nearest major city. The player could accept the challenge and immediately try to get free, or comply and exposed herself, for which the follower could tease the player even more "I don't believe you actually did it! Aren't you ashamed? Then I guess you can keep them."

The option "Could tie me up?" could get progressively more intense, as the follower gets more and more dominant, starting with just a rope armbinder, then plus a body harness and tape gag, then finally a full body tie with gag and blindfold. Other restraints (garbs, prison, restrictive, riding, rubber and ritual) could be randomly choosed as a surprise outcome if the player accepted at some point 'to lend the follower some gold' or doing a specific quest.

I also would like to see more dialogue options for the Jailmasters such as: the player could be asked to "test" the effectiveness of the prison restraints and even spend a full day in jail (no bounty) where the player is free to try lockpicking her way out.

Anyway, as I said before, these are just random ideas, feel free to ignore them. And keep up the good work! :heart:

6 hours ago, zenetx said:

First I want to know more about each Lore-Mongers. So I would love to see in the future more backstory and/or a few unique quests, after you earn their trust (collect enough urns, vials, etc)

I have been writing some backstory for each of the Lore-Mongers over the past few days. I don't know when I will get around to making new quests, but expect some more dialogue options when I finally get around to starting the next version. I also intend to start adding some random encounters that further reinforces the lore.

6 hours ago, zenetx said:

the partner (or follower in this case) better develop some initiative after a while. 

I want to avoid situations where the player is locked up randomly during inopportune moments. One of the reasons I made this mod was that I was getting frustrated with Cursed Loot constantly locking my character up while I was actually trying to save the world. (Cursed Loot is an amazing mod, it just didn't fit my play style.) So, giving followers initiative in this context will be difficult. If I do add scenario's where the player's allies lock her up at random, it will likely have to be started by the player through some dialogue first, ie "Lock me up whenever you feel like it."

1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

If I do add scenario's where the player's allies lock her up at random, it will likely have to be started by the player through some dialogue first, ie "Lock me up whenever you feel like it."

I was thinking some dares could still be lorefriendly. Cursed Loot also does a little similar thing sometimes where player can opt in for light/medium/heavy bondage for reward. Player could try earning some money by wearing their devices for some time. Maybe the guy doesn't unlock the device at the end and robs some of the gold, or maybe the key to a premium level restraint is hidden as a quest. Note in a chest or 3 and then key in some way, or something more creative.

Avoid chastity belt with this sort of events though, i'm starting to hate how much that device adds incompatibility with about everything. It's better to use piercings. Also binding hands or eyes might not be good for longer time, you want to be able to fight.

I didn't realize this mod has progressive dom relation with followers, but i can see that now on the first page...

10 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I have been writing some backstory for each of the Lore-Mongers over the past few days. I don't know when I will get around to making new quests, but expect some more dialogue options when I finally get around to starting the next version. I also intend to start adding some random encounters that further reinforces the lore.

Oh nice! I'm looking forward to it.

10 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I want to avoid situations where the player is locked up randomly during inopportune moments. One of the reasons I made this mod was that I was getting frustrated with Cursed Loot constantly locking my character up while I was actually trying to save the world. (Cursed Loot is an amazing mod, it just didn't fit my play style.) So, giving followers initiative in this context will be difficult. If I do add scenario's where the player's allies lock her up at random, it will likely have to be started by the player through some dialogue first, ie "Lock me up whenever you feel like it."

I feel you friend. I love Cursed Loot, but I also think it creates a very disruptive gameplay, and since I have the worst luck in videogames, for me it gets in the way of the fun. So I'm forced to tweak the options to the point where I basically choose when the random events will trigger.

I'm also not a big fan of forced dialogues. So, in this case, maybe just a new dialog line would be enough?

"(your follower look at you giggling)" or As an alternative asnwer to "What do you want for a reward?" -> "Ask your follower if he/she has anything on mind."

@Code Serpent I would recommend lowering "playtime" max duration, seems it's 2 days, to something like 10 hours maybe. It would still be longer max than what Devious Helpers had. She had me wear blindfold for 2 days, i couldn't really do anything but sleep it out:

_DL_GlobalFriendUnlockDelay.SetValue(GameDaysPassed.GetValue() + akSpeaker.GetFactionRank(_DL_FactionPlayfulDominant)/50.0)

The faction rank goes 0..100 as far as i know, divided by 50 is 2.

Other note is that the current system doesn't treat other device equips as playtime, shouldn't it? Follower practically "feels" like being dom to player after a while but still willingly unequips all that you ask. Only except if you asked to be tied up and the time is still on.

The unequipping is also not following DD's MCM which is set to not lose keys when unlocking.

Yeah i have more ideas too:

"Can you untie my hands/blindhold?" - "Mm, yes but i want you to wear something fun for a while instead, ok?" - *equips 2 from list of: boots/corset/piercings/gag/open-eyes-hood/catsuit*, and that would start it as longer (3x?) than normal playtime equip.

I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, but I have had to uninstall this mod due to a pretty large area around all the buildings it has being crash zones for my game, with the mod in I walk in to the area and game crashes within 1 second to 1 minute.

realizing the crashes I was experiencing most (the area I specifically tested a lot) was the dress shop place next to meridias temple I tested uninstalling this mod, the moment I did all the crashing vanished. 

not sure why this would be happening, I know I have a pretty large amount of mods, but apart from a few in the past I have never had such crashes happen with such frequency in specific areas.

I do hope this is something that can be fixed.

12 hours ago, habilon said:

Crashing around modded areas is likely due to bad navmesh editing; if more than one mod edits the same navmesh, and one of those mods 'deletes' the navmesh, then the area can cause the game to crash. I thought I set mine up properly, but I'll double check. You should check your modlist with TES5edit for other mods that edit those same areas.

Quick Bug Report (Found courtesy of a discussion is Sexlab Survival by  Monoman1)

The Devious Lore esp contains the vanilla version of the Guard arrest dialogue ( 00020F9A)

This has a bugged Player Sex = Male condition that should be removed as the topic is used for both sexes - otherwise it blocks the arrest dialogue for Female PC's.

It's corrected in USLEEP but DL currently overwrites with the bugged record again.

20 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Quick Bug Report (Found courtesy of a discussion is Sexlab Survival by  Monoman1)

The Devious Lore esp contains the vanilla version of the Guard arrest dialogue ( 00020F9A)

This has a bugged Player Sex = Male condition that should be removed as the topic is used for both sexes - otherwise it blocks the arrest dialogue for Female PC's.

It's corrected in USLEEP but DL currently overwrites with the bugged record again.

Thanks for the heads up. This will be fixed next time I update the mod.

I'm thinking of uploading a bug fix update soon, as the next 'story/dialogue' update still seems pretty far away.

On 2/4/2020 at 1:38 AM, habilon said:

I dont know if anyone else has had this issue, but I have had to uninstall this mod due to a pretty large area around all the buildings it has being crash zones for my game, with the mod in I walk in to the area and game crashes within 1 second to 1 minute.

realizing the crashes I was experiencing most (the area I specifically tested a lot) was the dress shop place next to meridias temple I tested uninstalling this mod, the moment I did all the crashing vanished. 

not sure why this would be happening, I know I have a pretty large amount of mods, but apart from a few in the past I have never had such crashes happen with such frequency in specific areas.

I've double checked the plugin, and I accidentally deleted and replaced a road near Thelia's stables, but no new issues near Aldmeri Imports.

However, I do remember fixing some navmesh errors around there some time ago, but I forget if I've uploaded the fixed version yet.

Had an interesting glitch.  No devices equipped, but I happened to press the struggle hotkey I had set while in the inventory menu typing out something in the search field.  The message poppoped up saying I had no device equipped and it then exited out of the menu.  I was completely unable to move from that point or enter any menu but the console.  Tried typing enableplayercontrols but that didn't work.  Had to use the qqq command to get out.

13 hours ago, Sucker343 said:

Stuck on a quest where I have to bring a daedric charm for a vigilant.after I bring it, she says 'let me give you this for helping me or something' and that is it . quest never proceed.  That dialog option is still there.

did you unpack the devices too? So the daedric charm opened?
try it, then it should work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Thanks!

That's the little things that make LL great ?

:) it took me like a couple hours to try to figure out the issue there lol the least i can do is let other know xD

1248879937_Annotation2020-03-13010926.png.06b60ce41b9aea23712bda29f68817f6.png

also thanks for the recommendation that was me i really like pc headtracking much better.

6 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

oh! one of my 4 posts on nexus lol

Cool helped the right ppl =D

The comment system on Nexus is odd, you never know if someone helped you o.o (or I'm doing it wrong)

PCHT is great! Also works even in my LO ?‍♂️

(I recommend the tempest voice if you ever update it with custom voices)

lol yea xD i was like wait a minute i recognize that avatar and i looked for that and i couldn't find it do you have a link?