On 6/17/2020 at 10:13 AM, Lupine00 said:

It may be possible that Devious Lore accidentally relies on AIO for its NPCs to work?

? I had never AIO in my game and the lore mongers seem to behave like they should.

They  idle in their houses until I lure them out with the inkeeper dialogue. And once I've done their quest, they obediently return home.

I guess there is something else going on :classic_unsure:

5 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Now, when you ask the innkeepers, do you actually let their dialogue run all the way through? If not, that might cause the quest to not completely start.

If all else fails, you can use some console commands:

Type: help _DL_Status

That will give you the ids of the Lore-Monger status quests. Set their stages to 5, and that should allow their stores to open.

Thanks.

I think I completed all available dialogue. I'll re-test and see what I can learn from quest states.

If I've got a LO problem that's breaking DL, I want to figure out what it is. However, DL is pretty late in my LO.

After DL, there's only Alternate Start, ccas_starts, Devious Bashnag, and Trapped in Rubber that have gameplay content - everything else is lighting or weather, 

or a SLAL pack I added after game-start when I realized I needed it - and those were added after DL already seemed to be stuck.

I also have a merged patch, but it's almost entirely composed of conflicts between Bijin All-in-One and vanilla armor replacers.

I looked at DL in Tes5Edit, and there's basically no conflict with anything.

I did find one little quirk:

The DL esp, and the DD - Lore Patch esp both apply the same edit to zadx_hood_rubber_blackAA from DDx.

Not likely to cause any problems of any kind, but you can probably drop the record from the DD - Lore Patch because DL applies the edit itself, as with the execution hoods.

On 6/19/2020 at 5:48 AM, Code Serpent said:

Type: help _DL_Status

When I went to re-test, I couldn't get any inn keeper dialog at all. Maybe that was always the case, but I don't think so. I'm not sure now, I took a couple of weeks off playing to work on DF, and I can't be sure either way.

What was clear was that all the quests were stopped, and there was no inn-keeper dialog in my recent saves.

I set all the quests to stage 5.

The innkeeper dialog appeared, and I was able to find an NPC almost immediately and start a recovery quest.

So it looks like setstage has done the job.

Thanks.

On 11/13/2018 at 5:42 PM, Code Serpent said:

I'm avoiding blocking out quest dungeons, as it could allow for some rp convincing the player character to go through a quest or questline.

If you don't want to go through that, you can abandon the quest by talking to the quest-giver. The next quest-giver to come along is guaranteed to be a different one, and will send you to a different dungeon.

While that works (abandoning the quest), the effect that I am getting is that the next time the same quest-giver appears, I am getting sent to the same dungeon again (Dustman's Cairn in my case). I can probably work around that by travelling to a different city and asking there to get a different dungeon. Still, excluding at least some quest-locked dungeons might be better.

While "general" dungeons with quests might be nice and allow the player to hit two birds with one stone, dungeons that are only accessible as part of one of the large questlines (companions, college, thieves guild, brotherhood, civil war) are probably a bad match for "random" quests. Most characters will only do a few of these. My mage will for sure not join the companions, doing so would be a bad match.

On 6/22/2020 at 1:27 AM, Kharos said:

Still, excluding at least some quest-locked dungeons might be better.

I think you have to specify the conditions for radiant quest locations, and the engine assigns something it thinks is sensible...

Unless DL is bypassing the built-in system that works with story manager?

I don't worry about the quests too much, as you tend to find items randomly anyway.

What I would like, is a little more dialog and interaction with the lore mongers. It's currently very limited, even compared to Bethesda NPCs.

I know dialog always ends up being more pain than it ought to be, but if it's just informational it wouldn't be a huge chore.

Some dialog themes that spring to mind:

• Why are you wearing these things? What's the benefit?
  • Do you know anything about other Lore Mongers?
  • Will you help me remove devices? (Even if you're not wearing any, the NPC could explain about their expectations).
  • Do you sell keys? (And why that is).
  • Do you find these things a bit sexy? (And where might that line of questioning lead?)

I'm sure there are other relevant topics too.

The thing I would like most though, is a review of the ponies in the stables.

They have zero dialog, not even snorts or hoof stamps (see Trapped in Rubber).

They have a rather low fence and no gate. Why don't they run off?

It feels like you should be able to help free them, or steal them, or end up as one of them, but they're just like the decoration NPCs of Skooma Whore ... all potential and no delivery.

Doesn't that word ... delivery ... make you think of something? :) 

The ponies are the one area where DL goes down a different path. Most Lore Mongers seem fairly benign, or at least harmless.

With the stablemaster, you get the feeling this person is dangerous and that you might end up ponified and sold to Redguards if you aren't careful.

But there's no plot events for that. There could be. Lots of possibilities.

If you use Whiterun Forest Hold, you get a massive tree right in the middle of the pony pen. WFH is like that.

I really should make a patch or something. Does anyone else even use it?

I primarily use this mod for the struggle minigame, which I find is a very immersive and more enjoyable way of dealing with devices. I was wondering though if it would be possible to give lockpicking a chance to jam the lock on the device? I currently find it a bit too easy, once I level up my lockpicking especially. I know it's of course also limited to how many lockpicks I want to waste, but maybe having the option to enable lock jams via lockpicks could help balance it as well?

Thanks in advance!

On 6/17/2020 at 1:13 AM, Lupine00 said:

In my latest game, the Lore Mongers have locked themselves inside their dwellings and will not come out.

I've found dozens of items and I can talk to inn-keepers, but those elusive Lore Mongers are unwilling to show their faces.

If I port into their locations they tell me that I need to leave. Very unfriendly.

The thing about this particular game that springs to mind is that it does not contain "Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul", which I was using previously, as it appeared to be taking over NPCs from other mods in undesirable ways.

It may be possible that Devious Lore accidentally relies on AIO for its NPCs to work?

Or maybe it's something else?

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

I'm having similar issue with dialogue or no dialogue.

When I talk to an innkeeper there is no dialogue about strangers. I also tried teleport to Lore Monger and told to leave, trespassing.

I used the mod AreYouThere https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76051.

If I teleport the Lore Monger to me I can talk to them. I then get dialogue with the innkeeper about strangers and start the quest to find the Lore Monger.

When I find the Lore Monger (which is standing next to me from porting) I get the dialogue for their quest. 

Is there is a conflict with another mod or load order?

I checked in xedit for conflicts with mods in my LO and only dialogue conflict I saw was with Immersive citizens.

But, I'm not very savvy sometimes, usually, sometimes. :)

2 hours ago, thesteve812 said:

Is there is a conflict with another mod or load order?

I had no conflicts at all.

The quests either didn't start in the first place, or were stopped for some reason.

After setting the stage on them to 5, I could get the inn-keeper dialog and it all went normally.

3 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

This should happen normally once you find and use one of the lore-mongers items.

That probably explains everything...

Because instead of using them, I horded those items to trade when the lore monger became available (which she never did).

I had loads.

Eventually, I gave up and vended them all.

Perhaps if I'd simply used one of those boxes/books/vials/etc I would have started things normally.

So after installing devious lore and the required/optional mods for devious lore my sex animations have broken completely is it a load order problem?

Edit: fixed my problem but somehow fucked my self more that it was to begin with now my bannered mare is broken and i cant enter without crash and alot of the DD fuctions with restraints have broken completey like some restraits don't do anything/ don't exist and as an example if you try to open a d.a.m.n suprise box i just equip it as armor instead i have no idea how i even broke it this much since some restrains from DD still work

It would be interesting if Elarie had some follower up to her intriguing line of dialog after you buy her 1000 gold set.

She says she expects to see you in it next time she sees you.

What if something interesting happened if you did turn up in her set?

Maybe she gives you a present for making an effort to civilize yourself?

And if you aren't wearing it, maybe she complains about that too... and possibly rectifies the situation for you.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It would be interesting if Elarie had some follower up to her intriguing line of dialog after you buy her 1000 gold set.

She says she expects to see you in it next time she sees you.

What if something interesting happened if you did turn up in her set?

Maybe she gives you a present for making an effort to civilize yourself?

And if you aren't wearing it, maybe she complains about that too... and possibly rectifies the situation for you.

Elarie already has some dialogue lines that are given based on what devices you're wearing.

2 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Elarie already has some dialogue lines that are given based on what devices you're wearing.

I opened DL up in the CK and had a look before mentioning this ... and also experimented a bit with various outfits.

I guess the existing lines fit in so smoothly with her character that you almost don't notice them.

All of the Lore Mongers are rich with potential to add more interactions; it would be nice to see more for any of them, but I thought Elarie, specifically, hinted at something intriguing that she doesn't deliver on. Carrots and sticks don't have to be game-changers, and maybe it's better when they're not.

Another feature that is strange is that you can get more dialogs by meeting characters out-and-about after asking an inn-keeper about strange characters; and those dialogs don't seem to appear when they're in their home.

It would be fair, and perhaps useful, if going to the Lore Monger's home-location would allow you to trigger a fetch quest. After all, you walked all the way out there (and for some this is more out of the way than others) they might as well give you the quest if you want it? You might have to go further out of your way though...

At least, if you've already done a fetch for them, or something ... the inn-keeper dialog summons an LM to you directly, so it's convenient; I don't think being able to get quests from the LMs at home undermines it.

Sometime quest will point to a location that you are not yet valid to enter before a certain quest. And did the quest location is based on which loremonger and where you summon her? Every time i summon Hjon in Whiterun and Riverwood, she always point me to Dustman Cairn, which need to be open with Companion quest.

How difficult would it be to change the keywords for all the bondage gear so they'll accept enchantments other than those for footwear (I think)?

I wouldn't mind doing it myself locally with CK for just the few items I like (assuming it'll be easy to do without breaking their 'main' functionality ?), but that wouldn't help anyone else... ?

[edit] Heh, just checked - nope, not even all the enchantments for footwear are possible (just Muffle as far as I can tell?). Do these items have any keywords at all that'd be of interest for enchanting? ?

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, woodie99 said:

hi i ave got live another life mod and started a breesehome went to hulda  no quests at all do i have to unlock whiterun through the normal (vanilla questline) to get the quest to start ?

no not necessary. when you search containers you will find special loot items such as "old grimoire, ceremonial urn, smuggled package, etc". you can open these by interacting with them in the inventory. once you open one of these...you can go to an innkeeper and ask. then a quest should normally start.

Hey!

I've updated to the latest version of the mod in an ongoing game and have been less than successful getting it to work. At first, I just popped in the updated version in MO2 replacing the older version, and I noticed I didn't get any of the innkeeper dialogue anymore. So I used the MCM to shut down the mod, uninstalled it, loaded the game without it, saved, cleaned scripts with Fallrim tools, then played for a while and made sure there were no more visible leftovers. Then I reinstalled the latest version. Still, no "Have you seen any odd-looking people around?" from inn keepers...

I know there can be other factors in my savegame affecting this. Maybe a global variable was set when I shut down the mod that's still hanging around? Would there be a way to revert this? Is there a way to reset the mod completely? Maybe you guys know what the global values (there are a few) should be to begin with, so I could set them all to defaults? I could probably go through the globals list in xEdit and manually check each of them in the console, setting them to their defaults if different?

Thanks in advance for any help

Edit: just read that last post and that can actually be what I'm missing. I didn't check any of the funny items found in loot boxes.

hi great mod so far , but i have a slight issue with eastern empire crate , i get the usual dialog boxes when you open the item , then screen goes to black and nothing apart from the audio playing and i am using sse version if anyone can help it would greatly appreciated