All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

22 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Our hardware is more or less the same, he has an i7 6700k (I've got the older 4790k) he has a GTX1080 (I have the 1080ti) but so far his issue is only with 2077.

I hadn't tried the game since I beat it a few months back. I was one of those whom had NO issues at all while the rest of the world was crying like a little bitch.

Reading your post and seeing your friends specs began to concern me - I have an i7 6800k and 1080. So I just booted the game a few seconds ago to be 'sure'. No problems - it launched without issue (and looked the same).

On 4/3/2021 at 8:18 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

You also have a yellow-purple filter with low contrast

Except this filter heightens contrast. Literally why it is used.

On 4/3/2021 at 8:18 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

fluoride stare

"960 eyeroll"

Maybe just next time just say "DoF and CA and motion blur are garbage"

On 4/3/2021 at 7:18 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

These features are forced down your throat, and most new games dont have a way to disable them (and when they do, they dont disable them entirely), so the idea is to have you playing for one hour, get sick and then stop playing, to not get addicted to it. The anti-addiction lobby made it that way, because they think shooters make people violent. Then you also have a SJW lobby which like to force these horrible graphics to convey a certain zeitgeist, kind of a "fluoride stare" for games.

Imagine thinking there's some SJW conspiracy to make video games less enjoyable or something. Dude, it's literally just companies following industry fads. They'll eventually do something else when consumers get sick of it and complain in big enough numbers, or if a new game design fad pops up. "The SJWs are ruining my games" is a weak take.

And things like onlyfans, kickstarter and patreon adds more fuel to the fire, because its easier to make people have negative feelings, than positive ones. The law of gravity also applies to emotions. 

idk bro, sounds like you just like being negative.

My biggest disappointment recently was with Greedfall: in just five minutes I had a headache and nearly puked over my keyboard, so bad it was. This coming from a non-AAA game, where the consensus would be (supposedly) less imposing. That's why I stick to old games. 

Take some dramamine and talk to a doctor, maybe?

If you think the visual filters and graphics in current gen games suck, then you're totally allowed to, since that's mostly subjective, but your reasoning for why that is reads like a Kanye West rant.

On 4/13/2021 at 10:30 PM, ToJKa said:

Yeah, noticed those legs on some of the Tyger Claws. No doubt good for kicking, but how can one walk with those?

Carefully... Avoiding parquet floors and cattle grids

On 4/12/2021 at 3:15 AM, landess said:

For those whom prefer to focus on the positive - After the 'BIG' patch, I loaded it up again and got hooked into another play through - but now in the spirit of LL!

More Mods - More Fun - More V

1537145253_VEto.png.63aa5c89b577d1f940a3337daf1d5cb7.png

Sweet. Which Mods did you use? Or have they unlocked that stuff?

25 minutes ago, KibaLarnia said:

Sweet. Which Mods did you use? Or have they unlocked that stuff?

There are several - all from the (don't hit me) Nexus.

There is a save editor which allows one to change most everything in the DAT file associated with your Character - no more worries about money or even changing your hair for example.

I also use a darker nights setting.

There are several mods for outfits which are default replacers for items already in game - yet I haven't seen it affect NPC's so I guess they are pre-rendered and don't actually use the same objects as the player.

Then there is the big mod which is needed by many others: Cyber Engine Tweaks

When/If deciding to use the replacer mods which also change the body look - pay attention to the descriptions and instructions - but as a LL member, I'm sure this comes second nature.

I use one that changes the skin to a shiny plastic which accepts a specific bottom which adds the 'doll skin joints'.

There are mods which allow the player to hide anything worn so you can hide clothing objects worn in any of the 6 slots. Those 'cyber legs' need invisible shoes (or hidden like I do).

There is also a nice mod which allows the player to remove mods from clothing and weapons - don't need the skill for it, and also 'upgrade' the quality of anything equipped. So you can get those legendary slots on anything that allows it. The only thing is when making something 'legendary' - it doesn't add the extra stats to an item which are included with a default legendary - you only get the extra slots for mods.

>>>>Mod makers are still one of the most valuable assets to the industry. Games come out in such a state, lacking polish, or even including basic options for players that mods can increase a games playability and value way beyond what we pay for. Cheating? It's a single player game made for fun - so fucking have some fun already . . . . 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Azzhat said:

Okay so apparently they added a mod folder to the game now? Why is it that moving my mods over from the patch folder, it doesn't work? What am I doing wrong?

Have you checked your mods for updates?

mods that worked with 1.1 might not work with 1.2

14 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Have you checked your mods for updates?

mods that worked with 1.1 might not work with 1.2

Yeah, the comments page said for most of them to just drop them into the new mods folder to work with 1.2. The other ones directory already came with them setup to go into the mod folder.
Never mind, I figured out the problem.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 7:24 PM, Jeff_9 said:

I'm still waiting for the free DLC to do another playthrough. It can't be that far away now.

You'd be surprised. Especially given how the executives screwed everything up. If the ground level devs manage to fix it up properly, no matter how long it takes, the game will earn a place in history for better reasons than it has now.

On 6/5/2021 at 12:24 AM, fishburger67 said:

Cyberpunk 2077 revealed to be among the worlds 10 biggest fanbases

Very much doubtful:

cyber.jpg.f147d9b6c69ca103ec9bdd58196bc14c.jpg

Looking at the description about how this arbitrary "popularity" score is created it seems is based on activity regardless of reason. Given that CP2077 was released in the period with a cosmic amount of hype and with unprecedented controversies and scandals it is expected that it would generate enough noise, but a very small part of that is what we would call a "cyberpunk fanbase".

I have not played the game yet, still waiting for it to "mature" in terms of patches and mods, but my hopes are really low, people just don't care about this game enough. I mean - in a way CP2077 joins MEA and Anthem as one of the games that released with a lot of social media noise and then were quickly abandoned. At this point it is better for CDPR to spend some time on a new DLC for TW3 than on new content for CP2077. I'm also curious about the enhanced edition coming soon.

Edited by prinyo
10 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That's just one sample. Without console and GOG numbers, Steam numbers alone prove nothing. The scientist in me requires all the data before I'll believe anything.

This is true, most of people bought the game from the discounted GOG codes. Who would pay 60€ when you can buy it from the release for 40€

19 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That's just one sample. Without console and GOG numbers, Steam numbers alone prove nothing. The scientist in me requires all the data before I'll believe anything.

But this is valid for both CP2077 and TW3. Also "‘Cyberpunk 2077’ sets a Steam record with one million concurrent players", do you think all those players sold their Steam copies?

So here is a different time period, for the scientist in you to put into context ?

cp1.jpg.b600785a2f7077c7101518b7170d6c14.jpg

4 hours ago, prinyo said:

But this is valid for both CP2077 and TW3. Also "‘Cyberpunk 2077’ sets a Steam record with one million concurrent players", do you think all those players sold their Steam copies?

So here is a different time period, for the scientist in you to put into context ?

You're missing the point. You quoted @fishburger67 and I countered that the Steam charts alone didn't disprove what they said because it's just one sample. I need to see the numbers from all platforms the game is played on before I'll believe the bit about the game's fandom being the biggest or not. More from Steam alone is just rehashing what's already been pointed out and doesn't add anything new.

6 hours ago, prinyo said:

cp1.jpg.b600785a2f7077c7101518b7170d6c14.jpg

Except it isn't. Concurrency includes in install and you're utterly glossing over that 77 isn't a MP game. What 77 also isn't an open frame work for bolting story content, so your analogy of BUT MUH BETHUSDUH is also utterly immaterial. 77 isn't even TW3 in terms of bolt on content.

Also fun fact TW3 sold three times more on consoles then they did on PC, so the game in CDPR's portfolio don't have even have fan confluence that you allege is universal and agnostic.  Games don't work that way and only people in marketing departments with gender degrees think they do.

What is known is 77 sold more after refunds were handed out and missing Sony SKUs than FO4 has sold lifetime, which pretty much skullfucks your premise point blank.

Also also as Larian and various warhammer aligned studios has proven for about a decade, as long as enough people buy, breaking records is immaterial to maintaining franchise solvency.

Edited by 27X