All things Cyberpunk 2077 General Thread

On 1/25/2021 at 4:25 PM, Trykz said:

The fiasco of The Johnny Silverhand Chronicles continues.....

Kinda wouldn't be surprised if they pull the plug on this thing. Many are saying the 1.1

patch made things even worse than they were before. Tons of players are reporting

entire save folders lost, new bugs, and even worse graphics issues than before the patch.

Hopefully they can Hotfix their way out of this mess. Or at least limp it along until they

can put out patch 1.2 which hopefully won't make things even worse. Whatever they do,

I'm not even considering giving it another play until I see some more positive news.

Having plenty of fun with HZD until whenever this gets finally fixed.

You must be playing a different game than most people such as myself. I'm having a blast modding it and playing it. Sure there's bugs but there's no more than what Elder Scrolls or Fallout always has and all of us that play these games look past the bugs to what makes these games epic. CP77 is no different and actually imho is better than any Fallout or Elder Scroll games as far as art and world scope is concerned. The enemy AI sucks, but I think it won't be long before people start rolling out combat overhauls like they have for all other games and that problem will be fixed. Then there is a entire super active community of modder's working together to improve this game. I've never seen such a concentrated effort from so many different modder's as there are for this game. It's really exciting! Finally, CD Red just posted their highest stock value in the companies history, a failing game wouldn't see record setting growth imo. 

This game is doing great in the PC market, good in the console market and poor in the Sony PS4 market and honestly who cares about console's anyways. Not me! Can't wait for a brothel mod to be crafted, by the great modder's of LL or Nexus, it can't be long before someone(s) spring's into global recognition with serious mods for this great game.

1 hour ago, patches13 said:

You must be playing a different game than most people such as myself. I'm having a blast modding it and playing it. Sure there's bugs but there's no more than what Elder Scrolls or Fallout always has and all of us that play these games look past the bugs to what makes these games epic. CP77 is no different and actually imho is better than any Fallout or Elder Scroll games as far as art and world scope is concerned. The enemy AI sucks, but I think it won't be long before people start rolling out combat overhauls like they have for all other games and that problem will be fixed. Then there is a entire super active community of modder's working together to improve this game. I've never seen such a concentrated effort from so many different modder's as there are for this game. It's really exciting! Finally, CD Red just posted their highest stock value in the companies history, a failing game wouldn't see record setting growth imo. 

This game is doing great in the PC market, good in the console market and poor in the Sony PS4 market and honestly who cares about console's anyways. Not me! Can't wait for a brothel mod to be crafted, by the great modder's of LL or Nexus, it can't be long before someone(s) spring's into global recognition with serious mods for this great game.

Whatever drugs you're on sound amazing. Will 77 be more moddable than Witcher? Yep. Will 77 be skyrim+SL+SKSE+Skyblivion with latex and LED clit rings? Not even fucking close. or kind of. or ever. or period.

You've obviously also never seen the source engine if you think two lightly populated discord hubs is "the mostest moddersseses what ever assembled *marvel theme song here*"

2 hours ago, patches13 said:

This game is doing great in the PC market, good in the console market and poor in the Sony PS4 market and honestly who cares about console's anyways.

Who cares about consoles? Sony, that's who. You know, the behemoth publisher

CDPR fucked over royally with this travesty of a launch?

Well, here's your wakeup call:

If CDPR doesn't get it's shit together and impress the shit outta them, Sony is going

to drop the game completely. And when they do, they're going to hold CDPR liable

for the contractual agreement between the two companies. I don't care how many

Witcher games they made, CDPR gave up all legal protections when they admitted

that they misled their investors about the performance on last gen consoles.

Go look at the CDPR forums. It's a circlejerk of fanboys defending the game as if their

lives depended on it, while they're STILL processing refunds SEVEN WEEKS after release.

All completely ignoring the severity of the shitstorm CDPR is wrapped up in.

If this game isn't back on the PS Store within whatever timeframe Sony chose to hold

CDPR to, then CDPR is likely dead unless they can offer something pretty significant.

And that's only if Sony feels generous enough to allow CDPR to continue functioning

as an independent company, and doesn't decide to bury them in litigation to the point

of bankruptcy when they can acquire them and their coveted IPs as part of some settlement.

Sucks for you if Witcher 4 ends up a PS5 exclusive, or Cyberpunk 2077 never sees those

free DLCs, huh?

Of course, no one wants to see this. But this is the real world, dude. And that's how

serious this shit is for CDPR. Mods are not going to "save the game". Because "the

game" isn't the real issue. It's the company itself, and it's fundamentally flawed

business practices.

Well, some stuff is starting to show up at Nexus at least. Some mods to enable NPC outfits for V, I also saw a couple of texture jobs, and someone even took a poke at the quest engine, and is very barebones adding random quests. Hopefully soon, someone will figure out how to open specific {locked} doors, and open up the interiors for exploration and editing.

Things will get really interesting once we can insert content. New outfits, new furniture, new animations, scripted events, all kinds of stuff. That would then enable adding the more interesting things, like additional appartments, visual footage that we know must exist in lore, but just isn't in game (bedroom footage from the Peralez, or footage from a certain yacht we know must exist, as we steal it but never get to view it), squadmembers and henchmen. All that leading towards.. Running our own chain of brothels, obviously! Each with customizable furniture and workforce. And ofcourse a large variety of paying clients. :D

For now, I'll just keep dreaming of that day. We're nowhere near asset injection yet. And if CDPR is in the least way serious about supporting mods, then they should really release some kind of graphical interface for worldbuilding, like Bioware did for DA:Origins. No matter if the community comes up with something better (they rarely go as far as Biowares' GUI, and keep modding tools more barebones), a proper tool would definitely be the best thing to encourage modders (both new and old) and make a statement that the game is meant to last for a good while.

Those idiots from CDPR should just stop.

This constant abuse of trust and the lies they are.. Spamming, basically, at this point.. no. 

Blaming mods 'n modders is just the peak of what happened over the last few weeks...

I'm a modder myself, a new and inexperienced one, i'll give it that, but everything i wanted to try isn't possible yet due to the lack of tools.

Release the 1.2 and release the full modkit together with it. Let Modders handle it.

They work faster, they work better and, most importantly, they do it for free.

So sick of this shit by now, honestly.

Most of what modders did to the game should have been implemented from the release.

Yet, most what modders did would have never been introduced to the game whatsoever........

Like, basic, much needed features and options.

The Year 2077 with flying cars and lightsabers and whatnot. - Yet there isn't a single barber or stylist in any way.. Not to mention that "Style" basically doesn't exist if you are playing w/o mods 'n cheats and if you are looking for stats. That's a disgrace.

Again, CDPR, Stop it. Let people hande it that are actually able to and know what the community wants.

21 hours ago, endgame † addiction said:

Sheesh..... someone needs to hide all the shovels at CDPR. They just can't seem to stop digging themselves deeper.

But honestly, why should they? They've got thousands of Stockholm victims defending their every scapegoat move.

I went and read the thread you linked, and found that it's unpinned, stuffed into the Technical category of the

forum, and buried in the PC sub-forum. Seems to me you'd want something that could potentially damage your

customer's hardware front and center, with a huge warning banner. Especially when it affects EVERY platform.

Most importantly, you would think they'd want to FIX it right away. It's apparently been a known issue for a week?

At this point, I hope Sony does go after CDPR. Especially after a dick move like this.

17 hours ago, ToJKa said:

It's like a slow motion train wreck cross-bred with an energizer bunny.

And here i thought Bethesda squandered all their good will in a hurry :classic_laugh:

The vast majority of people still have faith in CDPR imo based on their sales (after Sony debacle) and the modding community. Just the mod's released this last week ensures hours of added content as people have fun with heavily modified bodies and added quest generators. They can also now go for open war with police removal + spawning endless waves of enemies with bosses per wave (another mod).

Not sure why the concentrated hate from a couple of individuals here on LL, but if you would give this game a try it has hundreds of hours of satisfaction waiting for you.

7 hours ago, patches13 said:

Not sure why the concentrated hate from a couple of individuals here on LL, but if you would give this game a try it has hundreds of hours of satisfaction waiting for you.

I stopped visiting this thread because it's just too much negativity.

9 hours ago, patches13 said:

but if you would give this game a try it has hundreds of hours of satisfaction waiting for you.

Huh, that's weird. I imagined i would be labeled a "fanboy" and not a "hater" :classic_laugh:

I've been playing it every day since release after all.

Still, it was released way too early. And some of CDPR actions or comments don't exactly inspire confidence. And the more you play, the more the faults start showing.

Oh well, i'm happy just blasting trough the streets in the Avenger while Trauma is playing.

And then Stan interrupts it at the good part while a Johnny quote is stuck on the screen and someone is very confused in the far distance :classic_rolleyes:

And if you think this thread is negative, don't visit the Steam or official forums :P

Edit: And the vulnerability has been hotfixed.

4 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Still, it was released way too early. And some of CDPR actions or comments don't exactly inspire confidence. And the more you play, the more the faults start showing.

^^ This.

That said, I do OWN the game.  I'm just not gonna bother installing/playing it until things settle down a little.  I want to ENJOY it when I get there, not be constantly fighting all the problems and issues.  Hey.. I'm an old woman.  Leave all that hardcore "I'll make any buggy game run perfectly at full settings ZOMG!" crap to the kids.  *shakes her cane*  ;)

In the end though, everyone should try to remember their opinions are their own.  No more, nor less valid than the next person.  If one person wants to express how amazing and awesome this (or any) game is, and how playing it has utterly changed their life... Cool.  Glad for you.

If someone else wants to play it, but complain about all the issues.. well, hard to say they're wrong.  There have been and continue to be many.  Maybe them bitching about it actually helps them vent, which then in turn allows them to go back, give it another go, and enjoy it?  Point is.. different strokes & all.  Play and enjoy the game your way (which does include 'not at all' lol).  That's what mods were all about to begin with.  Allowing everyone to decide how to tailor THEIR experience.

Anyways... happy gaming.  ^_^

1 hour ago, Kitty said:

^^ This.

That said, I do OWN the game.  I'm just not gonna bother installing/playing it until things settle down a little.  I want to ENJOY it when I get there, not be constantly fighting all the problems and issues.  Hey.. I'm an old woman.  Leave all that hardcore "I'll make any buggy game run perfectly at full settings ZOMG!" crap to the kids.  *shakes her cane*  ;)

In the end though, everyone should try to remember their opinions are their own.  No more, nor less valid than the next person.  If one person wants to express how amazing and awesome this (or any) game is, and how playing it has utterly changed their life... Cool.  Glad for you.

If someone else wants to play it, but complain about all the issues.. well, hard to say they're wrong.  There have been and continue to be many.  Maybe them bitching about it actually helps them vent, which then in turn allows them to go back, give it another go, and enjoy it?  Point is.. different strokes & all.  Play and enjoy the game your way (which does include 'not at all' lol).  That's what mods were all about to begin with.  Allowing everyone to decide how to tailor THEIR experience.

Anyways... happy gaming.  ^_^

It is always a good idea these days to wait a few days if not a week or two for all of the patches to release for a new release any more complex than an old 16 bit game regardless of whether or not one wants to buy it during the release window or not, especially if it is on PC. There are too many configuration to consider for anything to come out in a state that operates flawlessly on all hardware. I know someone who had no problems with the initial release of Batman: Arkham Knight while others could not play the thing at all, causing it to be recalled.

Thinking of non-functional configurations, it would have probably been a better use of time and money to just make a separate simplified version of Cyberpunk 2077 made to run on older consoles rather than deal with roughly 2 million refunds, perhaps a parallel tale or an alternate take on the events of Cp2077 (much as Strider on the Famicom/NES was an entirely different game based upon the same comic as the arcade/Mega Drive/Genesis game of the same name). Maybe it could have been focused on the table top game's mechanics over flashy spectacle. 

17 hours ago, patches13 said:

Because not all of us are going to praise bad practices. Every meme created and every trash talk about this game is well deserved because this goes far beyond an early release. But it's people like you why I constantly sit on the side lines watching the industry continue to produce bad games because I have dignity and self worth to allow some company to view me as nothing more than a wallet to take money from. It's always the trolls, haters, bashers etc. We're the ones at fault, right? because we're the ones screwing you over with false promises. People and their priorities... This is why I lost complete faith in the game industry. because more shills appear and the quality of games never improve. They constantly defend bad practices and and enjoy being treated like second-class consumers. I for the hand have dignity and self-worth. this game deserves every bit of trash it's been given. When a company fulfills and goes above and beyond, then they should be praised for their integrity. But people seem to prefer to praise the opposite.

Bethesda and CDPR are doing nothing but using the mod community to keep their games alive. So far Bethesda has blatantly gone a step further and decided to profit off the community that has kept their PC games alive. Give it time, CDPR will do the same.

If people are cocnerned about those of us who speak the truth, which they find negative, no one is stopping them from blacklisting us so their fefes don't get hurt. And they can continue to post here as if we are nonexistent. Nothing is stopping them.

9 hours ago, ToJKa said:

Huh, that's weird. I imagined i would be labeled a "fanboy" and not a "hater" :classic_laugh:

I've been playing it every day since release after all.

Oh well, i'm happy just blasting trough the streets in the Avenger while Trauma is playing.

And then Stan interrupts it at the good part while a Johnny quote is stuck on the screen and someone is very confused in the far distance :classic_rolleyes:

And if you think this thread is negative, don't visit the Steam or official forums :P

Edit: And the vulnerability has been hotfixed.

Pretty much what I did after completing the main story. I rolled a new toon and used CET to

break out of Watson without Jackass Silverdick jammed into my brainpan to fuck me up every

15 minutes, and had more fun playing the game that way. Just running around killing the random

gangs, some cops, and a whole mess of Trauma Team guys (they drop some nice stuff ?)

Got bored and uninstalled about 2 weeks ago. Been playing HZD ever since.

I wouldn't say I "hate" the game. Quite the contrary actually. What I DO

hate, is what CDPR did with it. Or rather, didn't. I absolutely believe that

CDPR entirely changed the direction of the game around the Silverhand

character after Reeves offered to do more with it. Which, knowing the

type of person he seems to be, likely came at no additional cost to CDPR.

Expanding on the character story arc wasn't a bad call. But stuffing it into

the entirety of the game to the point that the game is non-existent without

it, was. It simply doesn't feel organic to the game, at all. To me, it seems it

would have made more sense to run the Silverhand arc parallel to V's story.

Basically giving the player two stories in one. They could have ended the

Silverhand story exactly as they did, with multiple alternates (except the

suicide route for obvious reasons), and then took the V story to the

endgame and to carry over into DLC content.

Thinking more on it, they could even have brought back Silverhand for a

DLC through the Alt Cunningham angle, assuming Reeves was interested

in doing it (no reason to suspect he wouldn't if not for the disastrous

launch).

I don't think most supposed "haters" actually hate the game. At least not

on the whole. They're just sorely disappointed to the point of lashing out.

But, what's done is done. And now there's only the wonder at where and

when the next self-inflicted wound will hit.

I own the game and I'm on my 2nd playthrough (one male, one female, courtesy of blocked lover choices). However, my opinion of the game and CDPR is currently this (something I made after the security fix debacle):

Untitled-1.png

The game is ok-ish, but it disappointed me immensely. The lies fed by CDPR made me lose trust in them completely.

Some people like the game and still trust the company? Fine. Just accept those of us who do not, and aren't afraid to say it and/or say why.

3 hours ago, DoneBye said:

Some people like the game and still trust the company? Fine. Just accept those of us who do not, and aren't afraid to say it and/or say why.

I think that is more than fair.

Honestly, I have enjoyed the game.  I think the major issue is the game was WAY overhyped.  If they could have delivered on the picture and video that was on the left, it would have been the mother of all games.  I personally never expected them to pull that off and so my expectations were much lower.  They did great with the Witcher Series.  Maybe they need to stick with that genre.

33 minutes ago, gregathit said:

Honestly, I have enjoyed the game.  I think the major issue is the game was WAY overhyped.  If they could have delivered on the picture and video that was on the left, it would have been the mother of all games.  I personally never expected them to pull that off and so my expectations were much lower.  They did great with the Witcher Series.  Maybe they need to stick with that genre.

Definitely overhyped.  Not the first time, won't be the last.  Personally, I've made it something of a point to try REALLY hard to ignore as much media/buzz about any movie, TV show, game, book, basically any/all entertainment media that's likely to gather any sort of public opinion.  Far too many times I used to let the buzz creep in and get all excited, just to be massively disappointed with the actual reality.  I find going in "as neutral as possible" helps with that a bit, though to be fair, it can be DAMN hard to avoid preconceptions.  Especially when something winds up in a boat like CP 2077 is, where there are so many very strong opinions on both sides.

Another big issue of course was that many aspects of development were obviously rushed, or just dumped altogether, and then the explanations felt hollow, perhaps even outright lies and misinformation.  It's hard for people who've gotten hyped up over something they really have huge hopes for to swallow that without feeling some serious betrayal.

Honestly though, everyone on both sides of situations like this would do themselves a service by trying to present their opinions from a more moderate point of view.  Much like political issues, if all you do is pick the most radical position you can take (In this case, either "OMG, BEST GAME THAT COULD EVER BE!" vs "OMG THE WORLD HAS ENDED BECAUSE THIS GAME IS SUCH SHIT!") and insist on staying there and presenting anything you say with that voice, people stop listening and just endlessly scream the same crap at each other with absolutely no beneficial end result.

If, on the other hand, people try to say things more like (for example), "Well.. I really wish they had done this, and this, and made things more like THIS... But OMG I still really love this game!"  Well.. you've managed to convey a point while still acknowledging that other people's opinions have validity.  It can go a long way, and it goes back to the concept of trying to find a moderate, middle ground to work from as well as a very old adage that holds true almost everywhere in life.

"Someone may strain to hear a whisper, while they block their ears to a shout."  Or whatever variation of that you prefer.  ^_^

Anyways.. sorry to get all philosophical.  Wasn't really my intent when I first hit the reply button  lol  But for myself, I'm just gonna keep myself busy with other (older) games a while longer.  Let things sort out to at least let some of the big issues/bugs get handled, let the mod community mature and then I'll go ahead and install my (already purchased) Steam copy and play.

I don't expect I'll utterly hate it, and I don't think it'll be the best game I ever have (or yet will) play.  Like most things in life, I sorta expect it to be some good, some bad, some 'meh'.  Doesn't mean I can't enjoy it though.  :)

Cheers.

1 hour ago, gregathit said:

I'm half expecting we'll see some similarly themed titles coming down the pike

in the future. It's not like cyberpunk isn't a fair use subgenre if you consider it.

Not any different than steampunk or biopunk really. Just a subgenre of a much

larger overall genre. The studio that makes a playable Altered Carbon like game

is going to dominate everything else.

If I were CDPR, after somehow surviving this mess, would do well to do just that.

Replicate Cyberpunk 2077's world and build the Altered Carbon story into it in a

playable format. My guess is that if they don't, some studio eventually will. The

CDPR disaster isn't the ONLY thing every other studio is watching after all. Every

studio worth a damn is looking at this and thinking "CHA CHING!" ?

10 minutes ago, Trykz said:

I'm half expecting we'll see some similarly themed titles coming down the pike

in the future. It's not like cyberpunk isn't a fair use subgenre if you consider it.

Not any different than steampunk or biopunk really. Just a subgenre of a much

larger overall genre. The studio that makes a playable Altered Carbon like game

is going to dominate everything else.

If I were CDPR, after somehow surviving this mess, would do well to do just that.

Replicate Cyberpunk 2077's world and build the Altered Carbon story into it in a

playable format. My guess is that if they don't, some studio eventually will. The

CDPR disaster isn't the ONLY thing every other studio is watching after all. Every

studio worth a damn is looking at this and thinking "CHA CHING!" ?

I don't doubt that one little bit.  And if any company can improve upon their initial offering CDPR certainly has a track record for this.  The original Witcher, while it was a really, really good story, it had horribly clunky controls, camera and UI.  They later released a greatly improved version and along with Witcher 2 they both took off and sold well.  Then Witcher 3, well, no need to talk about that, everyone knows about it.  Hopefully they repeat this learning and improvement and folks won't remember the initial stumble.  Or they won't and as you said, someone else will.